YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 4

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None, as far as I know.

Tyrogue's the closest at three (but those are dependent on his attack/defense stats, so...)

But yeah, nowhere near Eevee.

--

That being said, we'll have to see who Eevee is paired with in the next round.

I still have to wait for Espeon to make an appearance (and I recently bought an Espeon plushie, hehe [well last week anyway])

Masquerain is gone but Liligant, Princess the Rhyhorn, and my main man Maractus have made it through and I'm quite happy. *does whatever cows do when happy*

Now I can rest easy.

They probably graze and make cow pies, idk.

Anyway, sad that neither Blastoise nor Aggron made it through, but Shaymin and perhaps either Drifblim or Audino will carry the day! Maybe... >_<

Yeah, it seems that Sceptile's destiny is to land up in your bingo book no matter who he fights (and a lot of times, it's against you).

We did have a couple of full advance matches (meaning everyone in that one moved up) and some runner-up ties.

#17: We bid farewell to another Hitmon, I think Tinkerer's going to be peeved over that.

#18: Anchor arms is clear-cut; others were in 3-way deadlock

#19: Torterra and Sylveon move on.

#20: Keldeo gets his redemption and moves onward; along with Rotom.

#21: Kurama and Sceptile move on, and land up on your kill list.

Well, time to update the match list.

Yes I am quite miffed. Especially since 'top is the only one not advancing out of the 4...

I do like Venusaur/Rayquaza enough to vote for them later on though.

Delphox... Isn't so lucky. You are entering the kill list along with Sr. Keldeo and Mr. Sceptile.

Don't blame Latias for Fennekin's death.

Serena's the one who was foolish enough to send Fennekin into battle and provoke the Eon; even knowing that Fennekin's survival was low.

(And if anything, remember that Minun also played a role in Fennekin's end; so all of the blame cannot fall on my Eon.)

And for that matter, she got over being pissed with Vaporeon a long time ago. 

Must say, glad Walrein managed to pull through. And really surprised Ho-Oh lost.

Also, kinda interesting that the final preliminary matches were up the same day the final matches of Round two of my tournament went up, neat coincidence.

And so far...4 of my nominations are out, 5 are in, one is battling now but very very likely is out. So about half fell in the prelims. (Wonder how different things would be if I remembered to nominate Mawile.)

Maractus, Rhyhorn, Pidgeot, Heatran, and Walrein.

I thought Ho-oh would have a decent chance at making it to R2 as well; but suppose Gastrodon love was just too much for it.

That, and maybe TPP.

Remember that I didn't really care about Twitch to start with.

---

So far, my nominations have gotten through without too much difficulty.

And two of them got over their R1 defeats the last time they came around.

And yeah, nationalities on my nominations.

Eon twins / Xerneas = Japanese

Arcanine / Keldeo = Spanish (Arcanine is Argentine; Keldeo may retain this, or switch to being a Spaniard)

Reshiram = Chinese (I have no idea what dialect it's using; assuming Mandarin)

Everyone else is American for all we know right now.

I only have four of my nominations still here; (Feraligatr, Salamence, Sylveon, Gardevoir) and as I thought, some more pokemon were added to my kill list.

[spoiler=Kill List for Round 2]

- Jirachi
- Vaporeon
- Kingdra
- Shuckle
- Yveltal
- Dewgong
- Sceptile
- Ninetales
- Raikou
- Reuniclus
- Suicune
- Meganium

[/spoiler]

I'm amazed at how well my nominations have done. I know I picked a bunch of relatively popular mons but out of all of them I think (not sure) only Magnezone, which was put in a ridiculously hard group. Even oddballs like Gastrodon and Donphan have somehow made it through.

I only have four of my nominations still here; (Feraligatr, Salamence, Sylveon, Gardevoir) and as I thought, some more pokemon were added to my kill list.

[spoiler=Kill List for Round 2]

- Jirachi
- Vaporeon
- Kingdra
- Shuckle
- Yveltal
- Dewgong
- Sceptile
- Ninetales
- Raikou
- Reuniclus
- Suicune
- Meganium

[/spoiler]

Many of these are ones I love. XD

I'm amazed at how well my nominations have done. I know I picked a bunch of relatively popular mons but out of all of them I think (not sure) only Magnezone, which was put in a ridiculously hard group. Even oddballs like Gastrodon and Donphan have somehow made it through.

With people like me and you voting, oddballs have a decent chance.

Go go Maractus!

2 of my nominations are in BS's kill list; although Raikou generally never made it past Round 2/3 lately.

Xerneas is another story, considering its bronze medal status last time.

---

Yeah, Magnezone got zero love during his match; and certainly Manaphy got none either.

Although whether or not the other odd Pokes survive the coming rounds remains up to fate; and basically everyone else.

Also, for the nationalities; we've been using it for this tournament.

If you guys would like to assign custom ones to your nominations, go ahead.

So yeah, mine stay as they are.

Archived