Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma

That... that's just outrageous.

I can't wait to see that animated, in full colors.

Sadly I'm not sure when that imaged happens and I'm pretty sure the anime won't be running THAT long. Like, I feel like a good cut up point would be before the Fall Festival starts (chapter 40) since once it does they won't be able to stop for another 60 or so chapters unless they stop mid way which is bad.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I realized what it meant that Soma was cooking for the old lady, I was really hoping they were going to tone down the reaction like they did, we dodged a bullet there.

I know, I braced myself for that. Luckily they had the common sense to not do it, though it'd have been pretty hilarious.

That moment when I found out that they're gonna make 24 episodes of this anime and I just can't wait to wait for it to end in August and decide to read manga.

The episode was really good this week.

The manga is great. I'm a fair bit behind (I'm 2 months back on all the series I follow for..........reasons) and the sexualization isn't nearly as bad there. Though I suppose seeing it animated would naturally dial up that nob.

Anyway, finally getting through the few episodes that are up on crunchyroll atm. PRETTY SURE this is NSFW. Ending theme certainly is. Dear lord, why? Holy hell they pushed the scene with Erina and her assistant. It was there in the manga, but they made that like a 12 when it was maybe a 7 or 8.

^Yeah, JC Staff is really milking the sexual moments to make them way more prominent in the show than they are in the manga. So if the ecchi bothers anyone watching the show, it's not as drawn out in the manga. It'll usually last a page or 2 at most.

To be fair, I'm not shocked they did this, but they really pushed it harder then I was expecting. Again, at least the manga pulls back on the ecchi and just makes the reactions ridiculous over time.

And I wonder what's up with the turtleneck no eyes guy, it seems like they're foreshadowing something about him.

Yep. He might just be one of the Elite Ten as well, maybe even a very high number. Can't wait to find out.

Ibusaki? Yeah, he keeps to himself a lot. You'll see more of him later.

Something I really like about the anime is the random sequences they do describing Erina's perception of taste. The stampeding hippos on a train line in the ocean? Hilarious.

I checked back and that isn't even in the manga. So I'll give the anime props for accentuating stuff like that.

• 4 weeks later...

So yeah this show is a lot of fun. The characters humming to the ED in the latest episode was great.

Only slight thing that bothers me is at the moment the show is basically "watch MC do cool stuff and save the day", without him actually growing as a character/person at all. However with the introduction of a rival I presume that will change.

So yeah this show is a lot of fun. The characters humming to the ED in the latest episode was great.

Only slight thing that bothers me is at the moment the show is basically "watch MC do cool stuff and save the day", without him actually growing as a character/person at all. However with the introduction of a rival I presume that will change.

This arc fixes that problem, don't worry. Honestly, this is where the series just nonstop starts picking up steam.

Anime does better job than manga imo. I already caught up the with latest manga chapters and anime really surprises me how they adapt the manga so well.

ED was perfect. Both main characters humming the ending song and then we hear sorta full ending song.

Next week's episode will be interesting.

Oh my goodness my heart was beating like mad for the majority of this episode. Next week's episode's gonna be so hype.

It's also interesting that, with Dojima, we have people who're starting to recognize Soma's name from his father. Though I bet the headmaster also knows about him.

For me that ending was one of (if not the) most hype moments of this anime season, cannot wait until next week. Almost tempted to spoil myself and read the manga at this point but I think I'll leave that until after the anime concludes.

Yeah, the name recognising thing was cool. You would expect a lot of people to know of Soma's father as he's made out to be an amazing chef. I suspect he was one of the best of his generation (or something along those lines) but ended up being less known as he chose to manage a diner because of various reasons. Just a speculation. 

For me that ending was one of (if not the) most hype moments of this anime season, cannot wait until next week. Almost tempted to spoil myself and read the manga at this point but I think I'll leave that until after the anime concludes.

Yeah, the name recognising thing was cool. You would expect a lot of people to know of Soma's father as he's made out to be an amazing chef. I suspect he was one of the best of his generation (or something along those lines) but ended up being less known as he chose to manage a diner because of various reasons. Just a speculation.

Assuming your talking about the scene I think you are, yea, if memory serves the editor for Food Wars found this moment stood out as a nice defining moment for Soma's character.

You will learn more about his dad soon. As I sais before, I'm pretty sure the anime will make it to some point during the Fall Festival and we do learn more before it.

Archived