Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was half tempted, so I read a little bit ahead, but kept myself from going too far. I know how the Shokugeki is going to work, I just haven't read the actual Shokugeki yet. Gotta persevere. It'll be so much better animated along with the awesome soundtrack this show has.

My only "complaint" about the anime is that the ecchi shots are extended longer when they're done in a flash in the manga. But otherwise a fine and dandy adaption of a great manga. I don't get why people on Anime Planet hate on it for being a crappy adaption .-.

I imagine they are just bothered by how hard they pushed the foodgasms. Which is fair since even people I know who aren't bothered by fan service have said some of it is a bit much.

The first bit of the show was pretty ridiculous in its ecchi, though in doing so was absolutely hilarious. I've fallen in love with the show mostly since that aspect has toned down and things have gotten serious(ly epic).

This is how it is for most people I think. Once the series started pulling back on the fan service and showed that, yea, the story and characters are actually really good, it gained a ton of steam and hasn't stopped since.

Still, nothing beats:

1Kysn7W.jpg?1

The beginning of the series really had me laughing my ass off.

Also, [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoUfhc1mmu-z_8Tc9qAt_Q/videos]I found a YouTube channel uploading all the epic cooking scenes[/url], which I of course have rewatched. I love it.

• 4 weeks later...

So with the next episode being about Soma's dad coming to campus, I guess that means they're skipping the karaage arc. It's pretty minor (only 4 chapters) but it does set up the whole thing with Eizan Etsuya, which is kinda important.

I have no idea how are they gonna squeeze the Elections arc (65 chapters) into the last 10 episodes. They'll probably either do the first half of the elections or just do minor stuff like fillers.

I can smell 2nd season and it smells delicious.

So with the next episode being about Soma's dad coming to campus, I guess that means they're skipping the karaage arc. It's pretty minor (only 4 chapters) but it does set up the whole thing with Eizan Etsuya, which is kinda important.

Yea, I was just re-reading the chapters. They might actually do Kaarage arc after the following episode or just make a random non-canon reason for Yukihira to know the 9th seat of Elite ten. I hope they won't do the latter though.

Since I was crunchyroll free streaming I won't be able to watch this week's episode until next week. Did check out the new intro and it REALLY is the most shonen thing ever.

Also, VERY curious to see how much of the Autumn Festival they get through. We are only on early 30s in terms of chapter and the Festival goes until 100. It looks like they are skipping the Summer Break arc, but that only saves 4 chapters.

• 1 month later...

So the anime's almost ending, which means it's almost time for me to go and catch up on the manga. Very hyped for that, because this is one of the best shounens I've ever seen, definitely up there with One Piece in terms of raw quality. I love how each character is handled.

[spoiler=Chapter 133]Jesus Christ Erina's dad. Also interesting to note that he might be the 3rd seat behind Joichiro and Dojima.

0c64183d50.jpg

I wonder if it'll get revealed who Soma's father is soon to the Nakiris.

I also like how Hisako was really happy to see Soma show up. I like the friendship they've built since the Stagiaire Arc.

VSLxHOl.jpg

I think I have a new ship.

[spoiler=Chapter 134][spoiler=I see what you mean about the close-up.]tumblr_mwqit0OmwN1rlergfo1_r1_500.png

Yeah, I was not expecting this to happen. Holy sheet, what are they gonna do to fix this...? Like, it looks like at least 2 of the 6 voters' seats would have to be taken by the protagonists in order to make a new proposal and have the numbers for it to pass.

[spoiler=Seeing old man Nakiri like this makes me sad.]jshokugeki-no-soma-6139387.jpg?v=1442242

Archived