Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always wondered, is the mangaka a really good cook, or maybe have some sort of consultant? All the explanations seems very in-depth and legitimate.

I'd guess he knows this stuff. Sometimes you'll see mangaka write stories surrounding a craft and/or lifestyle they're intimately familiar with. Hiromu Arakawa's Silver Spoon is likely based off her experiences from when she grew up on a farm and the team behind Bakuman would of course be intimately familiar with the inner workings of the manga industry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Chapter 166]So in the end, Eishi didn't force Soma into joining due to him being too much of a hassle, too dangerous. I can accept that result, it doesn't seem like a dumb way to get him out of it at all. It was also funny seeing Soma all sullen with his loss.

But oh sheet, "Promotion Exams?" Seems like we're on the verge of a new story arc.

• 4 weeks later...

[spoiler=Chapter 170]SUCCESS! Soma got Erina to like his food and it even got a strip scene from her, the strip scene is key in knowing you've succeeded in this manga.

I'm really happy for her, hopefully now Erina can get past all her dad's brainwashing and we might get some sweet action against Central soon.

It so much happens that I just read the last chapters.

[spoiler=Chapter 170]SUCCESS! Soma got Erina to like his food and it even got a strip scene from her, the strip scene is key in knowing you've succeeded in this manga.

I'm really happy for her, hopefully now Erina can get past all her dad's brainwashing and we might get some sweet action against Central soon.

Yup; very interesting. :)

If we get an Anime version, it'll be even greater!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived