Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The finale episode was really nice, I'm glad they didn't embellish the fanservice like the previous episode and kept things pretty serious. Though I'm insanely irritated that they cut out a certain contestant.

[spoiler=Chapter 136]So Azami was indeed the 3rd seat (and in his 1st year, no less). It was hinted at before but Azami was listed with his family name before marrying into the Nakiri family.

20150906_215232_zpsigxdkvnd.jpg

fshokugeki-no-soma-6206263.jpg?v=1443259

Anyways, time for Soma to save Erina, can't wait to see how he's gonna do it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, this was all about saving Polar Star, which he totally did (I'm not gonna say it wasn't done really predictably, but it was super satisfying nonetheless). I also really liked that bit with Erina and the other kids, that was really nice.

It was pretty interesting hearing that middle judge talk about "playing the bad guy" for the sake of going with Central's plans and making better chefs and all that, since in the end he and the other judges voting for Soma's dish is sort of like admitting they were wrong.

This chapter coming out so soon after the announcement for season 2 is just top.

[spoiler=RIP, Eizan, you will be remembered.]4u9ekbv.jpg?1J5KBn3M.jpg?1kVuVzP1.jpg?1e74ohlK.jpg?1JFYFZh6.png?1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not yet, we haven't seen that part of her backstory yet. But given that he most likely had a history with Azami, I imagine it'll come up soon with him having taken over the academy.

EDIT: Oh, just read the new chapter. Yeah, that's definitely coming next. I want to see Azami's reaction further, he seems a bit dumbfounded right now in that last panel.

Soma: "He is my father."

Azami: "No. No! That's not true! That's impossible!"

[spoiler=]Azami's mutterings I think may have confirmed something I've been thinking recently. With Erina in her first year at Totsuki, Saiba knew Azami would make his move so he knew to send Soma there as well.

I was hoping for more of a reaction from Azami about learning Saiba is Soma's father, but I suppose it wasn't likely to happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived