Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma

Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?

[spoiler=What is this show?]tumblr_nm9bj3tzxn1s5f9ado3_r1_540.gif[/spoiler]

[spoiler=WHAT THIS THIS SHOW?!]1Kysn7W.jpg?1[/spoiler]

That was a crazy first episode for a cooking anime. This show is to Kill la Kill what Toriko is to DBZ, as far as I see it. Really hilarious, though, can't wait to see more. Also something I'm glad about is Souma's relationship with his dad, when I first read the premise I was afraid he'd be one of those cold and distant father characters.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading the manga for the past year. Sadly am a couple months back due to reasons, but I assure you things will only get more over the top and silly as time goes on.

I will say I feel the show is a bit too heavy handed with the fan service, but they do pull back on it a fair bit and once Soma has a rival introduced the series hits the ground and doesn't stop.

Considering I ended up dropping Koufuku Grafitti...

But this show only has one similarity to Grafitti, which is food. Everything else is different, and those things are stuff I enjoy in anime, so we'll see.

I have high hopes.

Is that the guy from the OP/ED who's always in a naked apron? Does he ever wear clothes?

Yes and yes. The characters comment on it being weird to see him in something other than an apron.

Heh, that dish made me hungry and wanting to eat it. And I don't even like eggs.
I love Erina's grandpa, he's got a good gimmick. And it's used well during one of the later arcs.

He is a really cool character.

Archived