DP World & Lore Discussion Thread

Darj

It's just a rough sketch, and whether not it is in the DT world, even after 100k years later, changes absolutely zero.

Not when you're already directly referencing the Worms and other parts of the DT lore, which actually changes quite a bit in the plot and backstories.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That also completely disregards what work we've been putting into the lore so far in favor of asking us all to make new archetypes. I give it a thumbs-down.

Sheesh, give me some slack. It is an EXAMPLE, damnit. Of course we'll make a proper plotline integrating the ideas you've already come up with and agreed upon. Did you really think my suggestion was to create an archetype called Angry?

Not when you're already directly referencing the Worms and other parts of the DT lore, which actually changes quite a bit in the plot and backstories.

The only reason I mentioned the Worms is because it is hard to bring a point across when you have to use gender-neutral non-triggering transfriendly Protagonist A, Character B and Plotpoint C. I wrote up a plotline after 5 minutes of brainstorming, and you're giving me a thumbs down on the content of the example instead of its form?

If you're going to make an example plot, then you need to make it more open-ended and not act as if there isn't 2 pages of lore already. And then if you don't choose to go the route of the vague example, then you really should take better consideration of what's already there and reference it better. Regardless, the plot example you gave would change drastically with the existing lore taken into better consideration, and I am discounting the form based on its content because the example form you gave does not fit the content we've already made. So yes, I am discounting your form based on the example you gave. Raisen has also already laid down which factions are what; you really should read the posts more before putting something like this together.

You are acting like this hasn't all already been started. There are already short stories, for a storyline that WE ALREADY HAVE. We don't need all of that brainstorming because we already did it.

I saw mention of a DP storyline project, got directed to this page, and used the material from the front page. 

If you're going to make an example plot, then you need to make it more open-ended and not act as if there isn't 2 pages of lore already. And then if you don't choose to go the route of the vague example, then you really should take better consideration of what's already there and reference it better. Regardless, the plot example you gave would change drastically with the existing lore taken into better consideration, and I am discounting the form based on its content because the example form you gave does not fit the content we've already made. So yes, I am discounting your form based on the example you gave. Raisen has also already laid down which factions are what; you really should read the posts more before putting something like this together.

I see. I speak of structure and get heckled on the specific details I used in an illustrative example. That's practically all I need to hear at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

By the way: is it possible to submit more than one archetype? Because I have two I'd like to include.

In any case, here's the first: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327973-written-watery-fire-and-fiery-water-2323/

The character of Heron, member of the Bevy, is a member of the tribe created by Next Tuesday, though he's not part of the archetype - that is, unless Tuesday changes his mind and actually makes him into a card. Maybe just a normal monster? Personally, I'd find it fun :D

Anyway, here is the first part of Heron's narration of the wonders he found in the Unknown Region. The other parts soon to come.

[spoiler="What little lore I have cooked up until now"]In the Portal World, in the central region of the main continent, there is a region shrouded in mystery. It is a large uncharted and unexplored territory about the extension of a big island, that none who had ventured in have ever come back alive. It is rumored that a mysterious creature unlike any other hides in there, a mighty dragon whose power is enough to strain reality itself, and that any who have seen the abominable creature up close have not just died, but have been erased from existence by being too close to the absurd presence of the beast that should not be. Yet, so far, none of the rumors have been proved or disproved, because... well, nobody has ever come back alive from there.

Up until now...

Excerpt from the travel diary of Heron, member of the Bevy and explorer extraordinaire:
Day 1, Rising Dawn:
After three days of travel, I have finally reached the borders of the Unknown Region. The legends that surround this place really do it no justice. The scenery is breathtaking, with the wide plains gradually fading into the rolling hills. In front of me, cuddled by the gentle glow of the golden hour, lie great promises of adventure and discovery. I can barely contain my excitement!

Day 1, Setting Sun:
Verily, this place looks nothing like the scary folktales of the cursed land of nobody make it out to be. After a solid good hour of gliding above the gentle plains, I finally reached the hillside, and set my foot towards the top. The trek has been enlightening and relaxing, allowing me to bask into the refreshing hillside air and clearing my mind from all worries that the disheartening pessimism of the village folk I had to face yesterday as soon as I mentioned my goal of exploring the great unknown that lay at their doorstep. Ah well, country folk will be country falk, and besides, they can't be blamed for their fear. As dusk has firmly taken hold of the sky and my legs are weary from the travel, I shall now make my camp for today. While carrying enough traveller's grub has unquestionably been good foresight on my part, the weight of my baggage is most definitely taking its toll upon my back and shoulders. Still, it's necessary. After dining, it is time to finally start my real task: cartographing. First, I shall christen this hill upon which I now rest the Entrance Mound.

Day 2, Noon:
Today, I witnessed a truly wondrous and confounding phenomenon. As I was waking from my slumber at the crack of dawn, I noticed that the sky was colored a very unusual blue, leading me to believe that I had slept until noon. That is, until I reckoned that the color of the sun was unusual, almost green. I dismissed it as the light misleading my eyes at first, but as I set to travel, I realized that it was not a trick of my senses: the colours in the area seemed... off-kilter. The grass had started to look orange, the ground looked unusually purple, and the stream flowing at the feet of the hill bore an unusual color orange. The green sun eyed from above, confirming my knowledge that it was indeed noon, and thus, it could not have possibly been the color of the sun reflecting on its surface. It seems that this region has many wonders, but my eyes have travelled plains, mountains and seas and witnessed many others. Magic permeates our homeland. Who was I to state such a wonder of nature impossible?

Day 4, Early Morning, after Sunrise:
I had been travelling all day yesterday, and had no time nor will or strength to write anything, so I shall remedy to that. Yesterday has been a quite straining day, spent gliding over the stream that made its way through the nooks and crannies of the uneven hillscape. I had the unlucky idea to take a sip of its orange waters, to sample first hand whether its only difference from the water we are all accustomed with lay in its colour, or there were other significant variations. It... proved an unwise thought, as the taste and smell of that water were repulsive indeed, bringing to my mind reminescences of fire and smoke, and it sickened my poor stomach for the rest of the day. Verily, this is the burden of the explorer.
As for the present day, I plan on making my way towards the end of the hillscape, and never leave the air until I reach the plain I glimpsed at during my flight yesterday. While it is clear that I have only scratched the surface of this amazing land, I am confident I will be capable to brave even its heart and return to tell the tale.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Dawn of the Darklords']
Dawn of the Darklords
Everything was cool and fine in the Sanctuary, until that day when "Archlord Zerato" was at "the Fountain in the Sky", he feels weird, they said that the sacred fountain shows your past and guides you to your real path, by revealing your real identity ... and that what happens, Zerato saw his past and knew his origins: He was the Son of an ancient Archlord, who rebel against Solemn and causing his Falling down and sealing him down in the abyss. Zerato was confused, questions filled his mind: What happens to his father, and why he don't remember anything .... So he asked Solemn, who acknowledge everything, and saw the fuel of anger in Zerato's eyes, and Sin that can't be forgiven !!

And so Zerato was banished, corrupted by the Darkness of Revenge and Envy, the Holy Archlord transforms to a wicked damned Creature, destroying everything in his way. Stopped by his former friend, Kristya, he was banned from Duel monster overworld and condemned to live in the Abyss. There, he met some new Friends, the Darklords, Descents of his father, Lucifer, his real family. Desire use his Power to transform Zerato from an Imperfect Misshapen Creature to pure darkness: Darklord Zerato.
The Fallen beings have no way out from the Dark Realms due to Solemn Authority, so the only way to conquer the sanctuary was to get rid of Solemn, The GOD of GODS !!
Asmodeus told Zerato a rumor about a Dark being that have the potentials of Solemn, he even had existed before him, maybe if he found him, the Darklords could finally claim the Sanctuary as their home.

The Journey of Zerato started !! A journey that endures years and years, but finally, he found him, a Black winged hooded gigantic Angel, that can guarantee a wish, (excluding anything related to Death, Rebirth, and Love, those were the rules) to anyone who shall enter his place, a thing that no mortal or immortal have ever done, well, until now ... All what Zerato wants was to conquer the sanctuary and get rid of Solemn...

Suddenly, Zerato founds himself with his fellows Darklords, in a whole new world (DP world), the sanctuary was transferred there too ,but without Solemn (they left him in DT world :P ), and so the invention started, and the sanctuary fall down !! Becoming the home of the Darklords

Lucifer restores his power, and want to destroy all the Archlords and corrupt them !! at least the ones that were on the sanctuary... and so, all the Archlords and Legendary knights were corrupted.

Some Dark Counterparts that were the consequence of "Demise of the Sacred Matters":
[...] Plus all other DARK counterparts 
[/spoiler]

Already asked Toyo Reisen about that, and he said we could include some monsters that are related with actual YGO cards.

So basically I spend over an hour designing deletors that are rejected because of slight relation to an already existing card, not even in name but in theme, and my animals that I really like are kicked out of DP lore and you get to put yours, which are based upon ACTUAL STORYLINE already in yugioh, into our universe?

That is fucking bullshit to be perfectly honest.

LIEEEEEEEES

voltex didn't tell me about this D:

So basically I spend over an hour designing deletors that are rejected because of slight relation to an already existing card, not even in name but in theme, and my animals that I really like are kicked out of DP lore and you get to put yours, which are based upon ACTUAL STORYLINE already in yugioh, into our universe?

That is f***ing bullshit to be perfectly honest.

seriously .___.

They said that Darklords can be included, in the Skype chat grp

Anyway, I will wait for Toyo's respond, if it was rejected, then I have submit another entry XD

seriously .___.

They said that Darklords can be included, in the Skype chat grp

Anyway, I will wait for Toyo's respond, if it was rejected, then I have submit another entry XD

then, i reject it

mostly cuz giga is salty, but also because it isn't really a possible, canon story since it includes characters and stuff from the actual DT or YGOverse

then, i reject it

mostly cuz giga is salty, but also because it isn't really a possible, canon story since it includes characters and stuff from the actual DT or YGOverse

It has been agreed upon that cards related to IRL yugioh cards are not part of DP storyline. Presumably, you heard wrong.

Ok then :3 sorry for disturbing you guys ><

So I guess I will go for "Helicrons" ^^

(what is YGOverse ? .__.)

If you use 'crons, make sure to remove noble knight references from flavor text

Ok, I may replace it with something related with Cursolars (did I spell it right ._.)

non-DT YGO lore

so like

anything with zera, grepher, etc

I see, thanks ^^

Archived