Dream Duel

Face McShooty

I, will say Shun. While Shark is good at shutting down other Xyz effectively, but Shun plays too aggressive for Sharks somewhat passive play style. Constantly giving himself more advantage. 101 and c101 is the only thing that really gives him a chance. But I just can't see it going all the way. Chances are, Shun will have done too much and bring Shark down to top decking.

Chazz (Gen 2)(Manga/Anime Composite) vs Yugi (Gen 1) (Deck he used to duel Yami preferably)

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see.

Chazz used Armed Dragons/Ojamas.

Compare that with Yugi's Gadgets and stuff.

----

I'll probably say Chazz on this one.

Out of fairness, regular Yugi hasn't dueled very often in the whole series; all of his matches were done via Yami.

-------------

Sergey Volkov vs Valon vs Isao Kachidoki vs Yuya

Assume that Seal is up and there exists no Action Cards; also, assume that plot armor doesn't exist (so forget about topdecking Yuya, because you won't)

For the sake of argument, physical contact is permitted.

Yuya is going to get absolutely PUMMELED. Sergey doesn't give a rat's ass about Kachidoki's Idaten, and Valon only sort of cares, and that card is basically the only muscle to Kachidoki's deck we for sure know about, unless we assume he also has the two Fusions his buddies used. Valon's best combo (Big Bang Blow/Active Guard) does nothing to Sergey's life points... but he does have some monster destruction. I think I'd give this to Valon, but pretty narrowly all around bar Yuya.

Axel Brodie/O'Brein (GX) vs Barrett (Arc V) vs Bomber (5Ds) vs Gilag (Zexal) vs Valon (DM)

Battle of the bruisers. Assume Valon has the Seal and Bomber has his Earthbound Immortal and Dark Synchro (Seal will keep the EI around for him) and Gilag has RUM- Seventh One.

Well, Isao has Idaten to mess with all of Sergey's monsters since highest he has is 8, but that's it.

Though, Sergey has Zuma to lock things down and force him to take burn damage.

I don't know; probably Sergey.

---------

Shun vs Yuya

(Yuya has zero plot armor, and non-Action Duel)

dk if it's been done already.

Random plants vs D/D/D

Hmm, I'll have to give it to Reiji for now.

Yusei and Crow vs Yuya and Yuzu

• 5Ds style Turbo Duel (with Speed World 2 up); activation of non-Speed Spells takes 2K damage.
  • 5Ds/ZEXAL draw rules apply; first player still draws a card.
  • Players have access to all support cards (Yusei can perform Over Top Clear Mind if he has to, Crow can use Assault BWs if he pleases, Yuya has SD29 supports and Yuzu, idk)
  • Assume that Yuya/Yuzu somehow learned how to use Speed Counters (and by extension, Speed Spells) properly.

So yeah, this is NOT an Action Duel and no plot armor.

No Action Duel, and minus plot armor?

Yusei.

People forget, but Synchrons are FAST, they recur like mad, and there's little that can stop them once they get going. Yusei has OT3K before with Nitro Warrior, and wouldn't have much of a problem with doing the same to Crow, Yuya, and Yuzu. And that's before getting into Stardust and its many evolutions.

Plus, of the four, Yusei is simply the most competent.

Now, don't get me wrong, all three might put up a fight, and none of them are slouches, but . . . Synchrons w/Doppelwarrior were a solid contender in the meta for YEARS for a reason.

You know how bored I am? ARC VILLAIN BATTLE ROYALE!

Pegasus (plus new Toon support, why not) v. Kagemaru (make assumptions as to how he intended to support all 3 Sacred Beasts in his Deck) v. Goodwin (yes, Sun/Moon Dragons and the friggin' condor) v. Dr. Faker

No Action Duel, and minus plot armor?

Yusei.

People forget, but Synchrons are FAST, they recur like mad, and there's little that can stop them once they get going. Yusei has OT3K before with Nitro Warrior, and wouldn't have much of a problem with doing the same to Crow, Yuya, and Yuzu. And that's before getting into Stardust and its many evolutions.

Plus, of the four, Yusei is simply the most competent.

Now, don't get me wrong, all three might put up a fight, and none of them are slouches, but . . . Synchrons w/Doppelwarrior were a solid contender in the meta for YEARS for a reason.

You know how bored I am? ARC VILLAIN BATTLE ROYALE!

Pegasus (plus new Toon support, why not) v. Kagemaru (make assumptions as to how he intended to support all 3 Sacred Beasts in his Deck) v. Goodwin (yes, Sun/Moon Dragons and the friggin' condor) v. Dr. Faker

(That was actually meant to be a Tag Duel, Draconus. Yusei/Crow duel together against Yuya/Yuzu)

---

Anyway, we haven't seen much of ARC-V Jack's deck yet, so can't really say much.

Giving it to Shun on premise that we know what the hell he does.

---

Here's another one.

TAG DUEL

Yusei/Dark Glass vs Yuya/Gongenzaka

Again, assume the following conditions

• 5Ds Turbo Duel (meaning Speed Spells and Speed World 2; I could be meaner and use Speed World 1, where SPC gets dropped as you take damage)
  • No Action Cards (though Gongenzaka could give less of a crap about them)
  • All of them have access to whatever support cards they have now
  • Zero plot armor (well, I just killed Action Cards so this is probably unnecessary)

Yusei/Dark Glass, easy. Yusei would need to handle Gongenzaka (since stuff like his Junk Archer and, hilariously, Junk Garnda, does a lot against his aces), and Dark Glass is pretty capable of handling Yuya.

From now on we should probably assume plot armor isn't a present thing.

Masumi/Hokuto/Yaiba vs Placido/Jose/Lucciano (3v3)

Hilariously, even though Yaiba is utterly screwed, Hokuto hard-counters the Meklord Emperors by bouncing all their stuff. Masumi could just swarm with Fusions to attack lots of things.

In fact, since none of them really use destruction effects all that much, I'd be willing to bet that the Emperors wouldn't hit the field at all (given that they need something to be destroyed by card effect to hit the field).

LDS trio.

Supporting casts face off!

Kaiba and Joey (pfft) v. Chazz and Alexis (well, at least one of them would be happy) v. Jack and Aki v. Kaito and Shark v. Gongenzaka and Yuzu [i didn't use Sawatari or Reiji because neither has Dueled onscreen much]

Assume pairs share a Life Point total and a field.

Joey and Kaiba would not have an easy time. This is mostly because they would get such few draws. (Which they need since their decks aren't sanic fast and really on luck and beaters mostly.

Chazz and Alexis are screwed for their use of underpowered cards in this fight, compared to others.

Jack and Akiza have a fair chance. Akiza could pull some shenanigans while Jack could play aggressively. They would be a deadly tag team if they synergize enough.

Kaito and Shark. This is the funk you that's why team. I see them rekting for the most part.

Gong and (I'm not calling this jabroni 'Zuzu') Yuzu would have to play pretty defensively, which is surprisingly their strong suit.

Conclusion:

Gen 1 and 2 are screwed.

3 > 5

4 > 3

5 ? 4

I can't tell who would really win. But if I had to guess, I would say Akiza and Jack. I see them holdin their own all too well here.

Manga Jaden (Gen 2) vs Anime Crow (Gen 3)

Zane/Kiryu/Kaito, although let's assume Zane doesn't have access to CyDra Infinity.

---

Jack Atlas (5Ds) vs Yuzu

• 5Ds Turbo Duel with Speed World 1 up [your SPC decrements if your LP does], so pretty obvious no Action Cards.
  • Both of them have access to every support card they have; Jack can use Wyvern/Scarlight.

Yugi revolves around spamming the Gods and other miscellaneous stuff. Yuya turns stuff into a circus.

Yuya could probably provide fodder for Yugi to summon god of choice, but that's about it.

Yuma spams Number 39 and whatever Numbers he wants.

Jaden has Neos, and whatever Masked HERO support that exists (hello Shadow Mist into Dark Law)

----

Going with Jaden/Yuma in this case, because if Jaden gets his Masked HEROs out; Yuya might well go away since his Scales are gone. Plus, he (Jaden) can adapt even without them. That, and assuming anime Number effects, yeah stuff happens.

----

Dark Glass and Jack Atlas (5Ds) vs Shinji and Crow (ARC-V)

5Ds Turbo Duel with original Speed World up; both teams have access to all support cards their Decks have received (so yeah, ARC-V Crow can use 5Ds stuff).

(I think Yuya's gotten creamed enough in the 5Ds dimension, especially with his precious Action Cards removed altogether)

dark glass can accel/delta accel pretty quickly which can dodge probably everthing crow/shinji throw at him, and jack will just stomp everything after

getting belial....on the other hand, shinji can....burn a little every turn while putting weak monsters behind small protection....yeah he will get destroyed pretty quickly, and crow cant take on 2 strong enemy at the same time even with all the supports

dark glass + jack win

Yuma (has access too all anime numbers and their chaos form) vs Yuya (has access to all ppal/odd-eyes/magician support)

Action Duel in a field that contain both action spell and trap

I'm gonna have to go with Yuya here.

Yes, the anime Numbers are borked to crap, but since we're ignoring plot armor as we agreed to at around the top of the page, and he's not all that competent to begin with, Yuma's kinda screwed.

Meanwhile, while Yuya isn't the most dangerous protagonist we've had to date in terms of skill, he's shown that he knows how to plan. Plus, while Numbers can't be destroyed in BATTLE without another Number, Yuya has shown that his Deck carries some non-battle outs. Once you factor in Action Cards, Yuya would be able to use Acceleration, Mirror Barrier, and Miracle well to avoid danger from pretty much anything Yuma can throw at him. Plus, Yuya HAS an out to Xyz Decks- Magical Star Illusion.

All in all, Yuma is nothing without his walls and walls of plot armor, especially against an evolving Duelist like Yuya.

The unnamed trio in a Battle Royale!

Prophecy v. (What can reliably and quickly bring out PUGM?) v. Noble Knights

Prophecy. Noble Knights commit too much to one play.

Mannadwan Fab Lyr(Duelist of the Roses) vs Heishin(also Duelist of the Roses)

Assume that Mannadwan is using his Red Rose deck, as in the deck he uses when you side with the White Rose. The field is Crush terrain all the way around on the outside. Heishin's side is forest and Fab Lyr's side is Yami. Dividing them is a Labyrinth row only with some water for getting through.

Fab Lyr wins hands-down; I think this Deck is the +2400 one.

(I know I have the disc somewhere in my house)

Yusei, Jack and Crow [TEAM] vs Yuya, Yuzu and Gongenzaka [TEAM]

Assume the following conditions

- 5Ds Turbo Duel with Speed World 2 up

- No Action Cards (though obvious because SW2)

- Yusei and Jack have access to Clear Mind / Burning Soul

- All support cards available exist

I think you know how this turns out.

Team Satisfaction (bar Kiryu) vs You Show/Gongenzaka Dojo

Jack could probably smash that team mostly by himself once Action Cards are out of the equation, and so could Yusei. The two of them together, plus Crow? I give Team Standard Dimension six turns, max.

Weaklings people generally dislike!

Weevil Underwood v. Eito

(We've gone enough pages without quiz kid receiving a beating)

Weevil's more competent, so going him.

I'm assuming this is a normal duel.

If this is a Quiz Duel, throw that 5k question at Eita about Fermat's last theorem, and watch him get his sorry ass humiliated.

(Hell, I doubt my Calc 4 professor can solve it in the time period; if time were unlimited, maybe. Noncommutative geometry, maybe. If even a man with a doctorate in math can't prove it, I doubt a little kid can.)

----

Yusei and Rua [TEAM] vs Yuya and Tatsuya (shivers kid)

5Ds standing duel [no Action Cards] and under the circumstances in 5Ds 141.

Archived