Dream Duel

Face McShooty

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, let's see now . . .

Valon's Armor Deck is solid, and carries some decent effect negation and monster destruction.

Yuya's Deck runs almost entirely off Special Summon and effect combos.

You'd think that would put Valon on top, but Armor monsters have very limited ATK, and considering Yuya has a small army of beatsticks (OEPD, OESD, REPD, BEPD, DRXD, OERD, some of the Pals), most of which can be Summoned repeatedly, it's safe to say that Yuya probably has this one.

Xyz Battle!

Yuma v. Shun

Again, ignoring plot armor.

Yusei, because of backrow and a lot of other things that make him consistent.

Though Shark does have 101 to fight back, but that's about it.

Synchrons/Warriors are more consistent than Sharks.

-----

Jack Atlas (5Ds) vs Yuya vs Yuma

Let's assume Jack has access to every one of his support cards (yeah, include Scarlight, Wyvern and stuff in here), plot armor doesn't exist and in a regular duel.

Reiji.

Seal Mistake + Kali Yuga is broken as hell.

(Plus, multiple Covenants)

-----

Rex Goodwin (manga) vs Jack Atlas (5Ds) vs Yuya vs Reiji

Turbo Duel without Action Cards; also assume that plot armor is not present.

(If I said in a regular 5Ds Turbo Duel, you might as well say goodbye Yuya and partly to Reiji)

Goodwin is utterly doomed, I can tell you right now- he has the easily-stopped Sun and Moon dragons, and that stupid condor.

Ignoring plot armor, Yuya's Deck has about a two in three chance of bricking. With our remaining heavy hitters, that's not a good thing.

This brings us down to Jack and Reiji.

Essentially, this boils us down to what can get out faster- Kali Yuga or Red Nova. If either of those gets out, the Duel ends pretty much right there.

At minimum, given the way they use their Decks, Kali Yuga takes 2 or 3 turns to hit the field- and I know from experience that Red Nova can come out in one.

Then, the Turbo Duel stuff-

To my knowledge, Reiji doesn't even know how to Turbo Duel, and might struggle with it more than everyone else (at leastfor the first few turns).

Edge: Jack Atlas.

Here's a Synchro Royale:

Yusei v. Yuugo v. Gongenzaka

Ignore plot armor, and . . . sure, Action Cards, why not.

Does Yusei even have a lot of ways to get around high DEF monsters outside his Junk Synchros? Even a buffed Nitro Warrior can't get over Susanowo, though Destroyer, Archer, Warrior (under the right conditions) and hilariously Gardna all can. Yugo's Clear Wing is a prety good counter for literally ever card in Gongenzaka's deck that has a significant chance of hurting him, so Gongenzaka is out. Probably the winner would be Yugo, since Yusei would have to devote a lot of resources to take out Gongenzaka while Yugo just needs Clear Wing, and can save his other stuff for Yusei.

Bandit Keith vs Yami Bakura (assuming BK doesn't cheat)

Goodwin is utterly doomed, I can tell you right now- he has the easily-stopped Sun and Moon dragons, and that stupid condor.

Ignoring plot armor, Yuya's Deck has about a two in three chance of bricking. With our remaining heavy hitters, that's not a good thing.

This brings us down to Jack and Reiji.

Essentially, this boils us down to what can get out faster- Kali Yuga or Red Nova. If either of those gets out, the Duel ends pretty much right there.

At minimum, given the way they use their Decks, Kali Yuga takes 2 or 3 turns to hit the field- and I know from experience that Red Nova can come out in one.

Then, the Turbo Duel stuff-

To my knowledge, Reiji doesn't even know how to Turbo Duel, and might struggle with it more than everyone else (at leastfor the first few turns).

Edge: Jack Atlas.

Here's a Synchro Royale:

Yusei v. Yuugo v. Gongenzaka

Ignore plot armor, and . . . sure, Action Cards, why not.

I said MANGA Goodwin (that means, Ultimaya and Dracoascension).

OT: Probably Keith.

----------

Yuya vs Yugo vs Dennis vs Shun

(Assume Yuya doesn't have plot armor, 5Ds style Turbo Duel and everything uses anime effects)

Hm.

Surprisingly, I think our kid Signer has it.

Especially considering Shinji's shtick is essentially effect damage and Synchron ripoffs.

Here's an interesting one:

End-of-DM Yugi (no Atem coaching, no Egyptian Gods) v. End-of-GX Jaden (old Elemental HERO, Neo-Spacians) v. End-of-5D's Yusei (no Shhoting Star or Quasar) v. End-of-ZeXal Yuma (no Astral, only Number is F0) v. Yuya as of Episode 80 of Arc-V.

Assume a normal Duel, and regardless of whether plot armor is on or off the result shouldn't be impacted.

Yusei by far has the best toolbox options by nature of his Synchron monsters. I think he takes this, especially since Yuma has nothing much that can compete. Yugi has only his Dark magician cards for muscle, and those are rather slow unless he has an Ebon magician now, and Yuya would come preeeety close. Jaden falls somewhere in the middle.

Crowler vs Sora

I'll admit Crowler has a wierd yet effective gear deck. But I feel his strategy is handled better by Sora (to a degree) with Sora having a lot more options and a lot more powerful ones too.

I say Sora, but it was interesting to imagine.

Rebecca (Gen 1) vs Selena (Gen 5)

Well, we've seen barely any of Serena's deck (thanks writers), so it's a little hard to imagine. Serena's deck and Rebecca's can be very aggressive (when Rebecca plays her Dragons), but Serena has much quicker access to her aggresive pieces by nature of them being Fusions and generic-materialed. But Rebecca seems to have far more defensive options in the form of Scapegoat, Imperial Order, and Gravity Bind (those last two in particular pretty definitely hose Serena). I'm going to saaaaaay Rebecca takes this one, if narrowly. That was a good one.

Yaiba vs Alit

Oooooo, I like this one. I want to lean towards Yaiba automatically, simply because X-Sabers have always seemed better. But I will refrain. Yaiba and Alito both swarm really well. They both have similar strategies (Well, base strategy. Different combos) But Alit has easier access to specific monsters. (While only slight, this may help) And syncs (as I have said before) is arguably the worst summoning method. (I could say why, but it's mainly an advantage thing, which is why I bring it up) Sooo, after looking at the card pool a bit, I will go for Yaiba. I find him to have the edge thanks to his strong field, and as he has shown, he has no problem setting up.

Shun (Gen 5) vs Kaito (Gen 4)

That's actually a tough one, so let me explain my reasoning for a bit.

Shun and his Raidraptors hate on Special Summoning in general, with field nukes, battlepalooza, and endless advantage (see: Nest, Force Strix). In addition, Shun is absolutely ruthless and will take advantage of the situation as it is, regardless of the consequences for everything around him. If provoked, he single-mindedly obliterates without bothering to ask questions.

Kaito, on the other hand, runs the Galaxy-Eyes Photon engine, which likes to banish things and hates on other Xyz in particular. Galaxy-Eyes shows exactly what the endless Dragon beatstick looks like in the Xyz era. In addition, his strategy is very well calculated, effectively playing Xanatos Speed Chess with his opponents constantly, only actually losing to stupid luck or someone who can keep up with his gambits.

This leads me to a conclusion: Kaito.

He has a lot of options to overcome the superbeatstick Rise Falcon, and can get around the rampant destruction of the other falcons. In addition, given Kaito's preference for Rank 8, Shun can't Revolution Force his way to anything (as Satellite Cannon Falcon is as high as he goes). Also, while I don't discount Shun's intelligence, he just doesn't seem to have the outprediction needed to get around Kaito.

That said, time for something silly:

Marik v. Gongenzaka

Archived