Dream Duel

Face McShooty

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaiba has been power-crept out, so no.

Zane and Jack essentially use OTK engines, so with either of them it's a massive game of chance. Kaito's Galaxy-Eyes setup is near-unstoppable against OTHER Xyz decks, which only Reiji uses, and even he uses them sparingly. Reiji uses a great deal of strategy, but given how trigger-happy his opponents are he might not have enough of a chance to get to it, especially with the possibility of Neo Galaxy-Eyes immediately ending him if he goes for Xyz plays.

If we go by GX-era bottomless Extra Deck in regards to Fusions, I give this to Zane; if not, I think Kaito has it.

Joey v. Jesse. Crow v. Shark v. Gongenzaka

If we go by the Japan-only Season 4, Syrus has access to 'roids, Cybers, and Cyberdarks, and is quite possibly the most competent non-villain character pre-5D's. Joey uses luck, Red-Eyes, Jinzo, and power-crept cards. Yeah, Syrus has this handily.

For a twist:

Yusei v. Jack v. Crow, minus plot armor, with the stipulation that only one has to lose (a la Jaden v. Jesse v. Clear World .dek)

• 2 weeks later...

Anna has a way around Yubel w/ her Gustav, so if she can get off 2 of that she wins. Although her monsters DO have a lot of atk for Yubel to take advantage of... I say Yubel.

Sawatari (current deck) vs Chazz (Ojama/Armed Dragon)

Assume their decks work as well as they do in the anime

Surprisingly, I think this one might go to Chazz.

Yes, the Abyss Actors are Pendulums that the Armed Dragon line would have to blow up repeatedly, but everyone's least favorite blond is exceedingly cocky whilst Dueling ANYONE, and might spend so much time showboating that Chazz can lock him down with the Ojamas- or, worse, pop his only functioning Scales, Devil Heel and Funky Comedian.

Notably, Chazz has a somewhat cohesive strategy, and a few notable wins under his belt (one via Inferno Tempest/RFtDD, an insanely competent combo for a character from the anime), and Sawatari . . . doesn't. He has yet to win at all whilst onscreen. At all.

Shadow Riders v. Dark Signers (5 v. 5, no shared fields)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna have to give this to Sora. If nothing else, his Deck is a hell of a lot more consistent- Dennis has the random as hell Ancient Gear cards teched in, and they're only slowing his Performage engine. Action Cards nonwithstanding, Sora has yet to use a card that wasn't either generic or support to his Frightfur engine.

Let's do something fun:

Sora v. Masumi v. Jaden

Ignore plot armor, but all strategic moves they've used, and all possible support for their archetypes, is on the table.

Assume a non-Action Duel.

As HEROs are now, Jaden screws the crap out of Sora and Masumi.

---

Yusei vs Jack vs Yuya vs Yuzu

Assume the following conditions.

• Plot armor is non-existent
  • 5Ds era Turbo Duel (Speed Counters + Speed Spells exist, plus non-Speed Spells cannot be triggered)
  • Assume that all support cards are available.
  • Yusei and Jack retain their ability to Clear Mind and Burning Soul.
  • No Action Cards.

Archived