[Community Project] Deletors - Zefra-ish crossover archetype of DP World

Darj

Thats something we should settle before making cards, also the gameplay of the deck
If you just say "they rely on Fusion" it says nothing about the archtype.
We need to settle what does this deck rlly do: Banish, Search, Destroy
From Where? How? Costs? Swarm? Aggro? Control? Stun?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They work like Shaddolls.

You know what Shaddolls do? Use maindeck monsters a Fusion materials backed up by floating effects to keep card advantage, and Summon El-Shaddoll Fusions with different material requirements and effects.

The big differences with Deletors are that:

1. Instead of Flip effects, maindeck monsters will carry field effects that don't generate advantage, but set up your hand, deck, field or grave in some way, or some other non-advantageous effect (e.g. revealing face-down cards), depending on the gimmick or playstyle of their home archetypes.

2. Instead of having a Fusion for each Attribute like Shaddolls do, they have a Fusion for each DP archetype involved, some of which may carry removal, combo, floodgate, etc. effects. Needless to say, this takes their ED toolboxing capabilities to a whole new level.

yeah, but shadolls are Toolbox/Stun

this deck what would do?

i think you dont get what i want to say...

They do that too, but on their own way. For instance, Deletors may not get a Shekhinaga to lock Effect monsters, nor a Midrash to lock Special Summons, but they may get a Deletor Fusion that locks the opponent in one way or another. If you want to know what will they do specifically, I suggest to keep an eye on the Fusions that players submit.

[spoiler=Deleted Kirishima - Both Forms]

HRKAptBl.jpg

1 "Deletor" monster + 1 "Miko" monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned successfully: You can reveal 1 card in your hand, and if you do, you can add 1 "Delet" Spell or Trap card in your graveyard to your hand. The added card cannot be activated this turn. When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard: You can reveal up to 3 cards in your hand, then shuffle the same amount of cards from your graveyard to your deck; Draw 1 card.

ZZFPPaQl.jpg

1 "Deletor" Monster + 1 "Deleted' Fusion Monster
Can only be Fusion Summoned using "Delet" Spell Card. When this card is Fusion Summoned successfully: This card gains 500 ATK for each "Delet" card effect activated the turn it is Fusion Summoned. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Banish 1 "Deleted" monster in your graveyard and shuffle 1 "Deletor" card in your graveyard to the deck: Target and Banish 1 card on the field face-down, then you can add 1 "Delet" card from your deck to your hand OR draw 1 card.

First form is Kirishima after having just been Deleted - She maintains her role in the game as a tutorer/recylcer that uses a reveal as a cost, followed by a discard. Since Kirishima is the first ever card/unit to be Deleted, she has a second form, given after further corrupting her. Now instead of being a mostly emotionless doll, or at least a mildly twisted version of their original personality, Kirishima has gone full blown insane both from the corruption and the intense emotional and psychological pain endured by the process of being Deleted. Fusing with another Deletor to balance her insanity, The Mad Queen has no traces of her original "Miko" self left, instead just a genocidal person hellbent on erasing all existence.

[/spoiler]

Edited Aegir and Aegir Omega to fit the proper name changes. I also changed a bit of the flavor on Aegir, the Traitorous, but nothing significant. Aegir Omega now requires a "G.D.S. Matrix" monster as the first material; this fits his lore of not being some weird fusion of one of the existing G.D.S. members, but using their source of power. Also fits since the G.D.S. Big Boss is a "G.D.S. Matrix" monster whose name may or may not be "Omega".

Overall in terms of where Aegir stands with the rest of the Deletors; he would be one of the more rational ones with a self-righteous goal that he believes to be justified. After fighting the Negators and the Newarks for so long, he believes that instead of creating more death and destruction, it would be more worth it to join them and create an age of peace without war. This belief, of course, is a result of his corrupted form. Because of all this, Aegir tries to take on a role as a sort of unofficial/official (depends on what everyone else thinks) leader of the group using his past skills and knowledge. Regardless of how that actually ends up, he hates taking orders himself and would much rather take matters into his own hands.

I adjusted the cards to fit they're specific flavor purposes but I do have similar doubts with Lecc_XD. If we all make these things to synergize with our own archetypes then it will be hard for the set to work as a whole. Yes Deletors "could" have some weird psuedo-floodgate effect but that wouldn't go with any of the other sets that are exclusive to DP. 

Since we're ripping straight from CFV Deletors should have a Glendios boss that warrants use of all these random monsters.

Crusolars get a member to be deleted too.

Z8oANRS.jpg

When this card is used as a Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "Deleted" monster: You can target 1 "Deletor" or "Crusolar" monster in your Graveyard, except "Deletor Crusolar Exile"; place it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. While that card is in the Spell & Trap Card Zone, it gains the following effect:
● You can banish 1 "Delet" Spell/Trap Card from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone. If this card is Special Summoned this way, its effects are negated, also it cannot attack.

0m635HP.jpg

1 "Deletor" monster + 1 "Crusolar" monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can decrease the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by 200 for each card in your Spell & Trap Card Zone until the end of the turn. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can send 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard; draw 2 cards. If this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Delet" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

The Deletor Crusolar may be too good considering Deletors are likely going to be a mess, but idk yet. The Fusion's effects are flavorful af, if I can ever get around to fleshing out Crusolars' lore.

Oooo I like this idea! Ok, I'll submit my concept cards after looking through the archetype more and finalizing my Synthetical archetype. Wait... do the archetypes submitted have to be part of the DP lore? Cause I don't believe I have submitted them yet

They do, sir!! I will be working on one myself, but I gotta make the actual archetype.... Good

I adjusted the cards to fit they're specific flavor purposes but I do have similar doubts with Lecc_XD. If we all make these things to synergize with our own archetypes then it will be hard for the set to work as a whole. Yes Deletors "could" have some weird psuedo-floodgate effect but that wouldn't go with any of the other sets that are exclusive to DP.

Since we're ripping straight from CFV Deletors should have a Glendios boss that warrants use of all these random monsters.

Exactly, i dont see a synergy of what it should do, just a bunch of monsters that triggers eff when used as materials, also take in mind that not all of the decks that we are getting here have the same playstyle.
Also, the Shaddoll deck works with attributes because they focus on the weakness of those attributes, maybe we should add that too instead of 2 specific monsters.
Also i say that we should do 2 Main Deck instead of the Main and Extra deck so they can fit better in their actual decks

Also, the Shaddoll deck works with attributes because they focus on the weakness of those attributes, maybe we should add that too instead of 2 specific monsters.

Ehem, what weakness? I thought it tends to be that most Shaddoll Fusions either give super synergy to their attribute (See: Construct, Shekinaga) or give it a rando floodgate it don't need (See: Anoyayatillis and Winda outside of Shaddoll. Also note I am not calling said cards bad, just that outside of Shaddolls it doesn't really "Help" the attribute per say at all)

Exactly, i dont see a synergy of what it should do, just a bunch of monsters that triggers eff when used as materials, also take in mind that not all of the decks that we are getting here have the same playstyle.

I'm going to agree to this. I plan to test the actual Deletor Deck once we get enough members, but as of now it seems like it might have some loose ends because of this.

Also i say that we should do 2 Main Deck instead of the Main and Extra deck so they can fit better in their actual decks

This actually conflicts with the actual goal of Deletors outside of the Deck itself: Deletors are meant to give said Decks the ability to Fusion Summon, much like how Zefra aimed but failed to give every Deck it made counterparts for the ability to Pendulum Summon

I mean to disrupt that Attribute, not help it.
Also i get what you say, but again it should be a mechanic that helps all the said decks, and thats something i dont see in this archtype, because i dont know how they play already, and i tried to make my monster able to work in both decks, but i just dont know how...

Okay, so we want Deletors to have a theme of their own while also still being splashable. So let's take a look at how the Zefras did it.

For the Zefras, the maindeck monsters have admittedly very basic effects; they pop cards, they cover in case one of your monsters are destroyed, they make one a tuner, another searches, and one recycles. None of them do anything that's groundbreakingly weird; but each supports their own themes as well. So to put this in applicable terms; give each Deletor monster a very basic effect that can be useful to both a pure Deletor deck and if they were teched in your own deck; and stray AWAY from using specific themed effects. For instance, neither of the Yang Zing Zefras float when destroyed, and none of the Shaddoll Zefras have flip effects.

So, to curve this, I'm changing Aegir's summon effect to instead be an easier way to summon him, and his token-summon ability will be scaled down but buffed in a way that the tokens will not be destroyed at the end of the turn, but there will only be a fixed amount of tokens (2) summoned. Aegir Omega will more or less stay the same, but have an OPT clause on how many times you can summon him to remove any looping with his first effect.

Besides the suggestion to stick with more broad effects and not sticking necessarily to your own archetype's flavor, it would also help a lot to establish a set theme that we want to go for with Deletors and what kind of deck a pure Deletor deck would be. Because this is Rei's project, they should be the one to do this.

Alright, got my support finished! Hopefully this will suffice, if you guys have any feedback let me know!

[spoiler='Synthetical Negat Support']

[spoiler='Turmoil of the Deleter Synthetical']QPhjeme.jpg
(This card's attribute is also treated as LIGHT).
You may only activate the effects of "Turmoil of the Deleter Synthetical" Once per Turn. You can Discard this card. During your Standby Phase, while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Banish this card (from your Graveyard), then apply one of the following effects:
*Send 1 "Synthetical" or "Deleted" card from your Deck to the Graveyard, except "Turmoil of the Deleter Synthetical".
*Reveal 1 "Delet" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck; Banish all Fusion materials listed on the card from your Graveyard and Fusion Summon that monster. Negate the effect(s) of Fusion Materials used for this Fusion Summoning.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Chaos of the Deleted Synthetical Plains']ORcrCRK.jpg
1 or more "Deleter" monster(s) + 1 or more "Synthetical" monster(s)
Must first be Fusion Summoned by using a total of 5 "Synthetical" and "Delet" monsters. If this card is Fusion Summoned by the effect(s) of a "Synthetical" or "Delet" card: You can Target 1 of your Banished "Synthetical" or "Delet" cards; Add that Target to your Hand. This card is unaffected by the effect(s) of all other monsters, whose attributes are the same as the monsters used for this card's Fusion Summoning. During your Main Phase, except the turn "Chaos of the Deleted Synthetical Plains" was sent to your Graveyard: You can Banish this card (from your Graveyard); Discard 1 card from both you and your Opponent's hand (the card from your Opponent's hand is chosen at random). You may only activate the effects of "Chaos of the Deleted Synthetical Plains" Once per Turn. [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Edit: Fixed OCG in card lore referring to the card's prototype names

Edit #2: Tweaked summoning requirements for "Chaos of the Deleted Synthetical Plains".

Edit #3: Added clause to the Effect monster to Negate effs of Fusion Materials used for the monster's Fusion Summoning.

And also, the Fusión is just OP for the deck, since all o f the Deletors atm have an eff when sent to grave for fusión or sent to grave, soo... Imagine triggering 5 monsters from your deck...
Thats just insane

I'm not sure if there is a card atm that can Fusion Summon by sending materials from Deck, so if there is, then I will gladly nerf that. However, I don't think they have any effs from Banishing, so I'll double-check on that.

YugsterMajor, the Deleted cards are not supposed to be playable without using BOTH the original archetype and Deletors. The one you have now can be summoned using only either. 

So they're supposed to only be summonable by using either or? Alright, well I guess I could change the Fusion Materials to state "5 'Synthetical' or 'Deleter' cards". Would that suffice?

I'm not sure if there is a card atm that can Fusion Summon by sending materials from Deck, so if there is, then I will gladly nerf that. However, I don't think they have any effs from Banishing, so I'll double-check on that.

So they're supposed to only be summonable by using either or? Alright, well I guess I could change the Fusion Materials to state "5 'Synthetical' or 'Deleter' cards". Would that suffice?

No, they need to require both. Also, the standard is 2-mat fusions, so all of those is kinda just shoehorning it into the "Final Boss" slot.

No, they need to require both. Also, the standard is 2-mat fusions, so all of those is kinda just shoehorning it into the "Final Boss" slot.

That wasn't exactly my intentions, Its just the fashion in which Synthetical monsters Fusion Summon. I modified the text to require both archetypes for its summoning, so hopefully that will suffice. Sorry if it appeared that way.

Archived