[TOURNAMENT] Duel Portal - Smiling Into The Summer Vacation! (May-June Tourney)

Holy f***, it's almost three months since there was last a tourney! Well, lots of stuff happened. Anywhoooooo this'll be improved once I come up with a funner thing to write here. ANYWAY!

Format

This will be run in round-robin style; meaning you all will fight each other once.
Duels will be best of 3; with the standard 8000 LP (winner needs to win 2 duels)

Pairings will be listed on Challonge: http://challonge.com/DPSummer

Winners will be determined based on points; which are calculated by how many wins you've gotten.
Each duel win counts as 3 point, draws are 1 points, and losses will count as 0.

Entry
Please follow the following format to declare your entry:

YCM Name:
DP User Name:

If, for some reason you need to use another username in DP for the tourney, please PM me or Sakura or Nai beforehand.

Deadline

Registration ends 1 June 9 PM GMT+7
Decklist entry ends 1 June 9 PM GMT+7
Tourney starts 3 June

Note: The absolute deadline of the decklist submission is 25th of May, but please please please submit them before then, if possible. We don't want a repeat of February's incident.

Decks

Use cards only in the tournament pooling thread and Konami cards: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/332049-tournament-duel-portal-tournament-card-pooling-and-discussion-thread/

Submit the decklist to myself, Nai, and Darkness before the deadline.

As DP has real cards, you don't need to give their effects if they're in list; we more or less know what they are.

Rules

1. If any disagreements arise, it is the responsibility of both you and the opponent to settle them in a civil manner.
Either use the in-game chat or PM one another here.

2. Please arrange a time for both of you to have a match; if you don't show up, it'll be treated as a forfeiture.
To make things quicker, just fight whoever is online at the time.

(Remember that this is an RR tournament; sooner or later, you fight everyone so might as well get them out of the way)

3. After matches finish, one of you needs to submit the results here. It doesn't matter who does it; just make sure your results are recorded so it can be properly marked.

4. Don't cheat (i.e. draw more cards than you're allowed to, multiple draw, change the effect of your cards, etc). Please report any occurrence of this to me or Nai.

Changing your decklist during the tournament, and changing the effect of the cards used are forbidden. If anyone is caught doing this, they will immediately be disqualified (unless it's an accident and both of the participants of the duel agreed to let that pass).

5. Please only use cards that's already in the Public Card Pool, just for an easier way to watch over things. If you want to use a private card, make it public first, also, again, only cards in the Tournament Pool.

6. We will follow a custom banlist devised for DP. Currenlty unfinalized.

Entry Fee

None, if you're interested, just sign up here.

-----------

Prizes are reps and points. Winner gets to have something that isn't a member group because honestly we have way too many f***ing member groups it loks fugly.

-----------
If you have any questions, please PM either Nai, Darkness, or moi. Or post in this thread. honestly easier. Way easier.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YCM: YugsterMajor

DP: YugsterMajor

Quick Question: If 15 of the cards submitted were done so last month, could we re-post and add more cards for this month from the same archetype and have it still be legal for the tourney? I would like to use a couple of cards added as support later in May, as it is the last support of the Synthetical Archetype.

YCM: YugsterMajor
DP: YugsterMajor

Quick Question: If 15 of the cards submitted were done so last month, could we re-post and add more cards for this month from the same archetype and have it still be legal for the tourney? I would like to use a couple of cards added as support later in May, as it is the last support of the Synthetical Archetype.

The monthly pooling will be active as soon as this tournament is underway, so for now, you will still stuck with the ones submitted initially.

The cards submitted in the tournament pooling thread should be 15-10 maximum. This tourney's host requires us use only the submitted cards. What kind of submition are we supposed to do right now?

I'm asking mostly because there may be some participants who are going to use many different archetypal -or not- cards in their decks.

The cards submitted in the tournament pooling thread should be 15-10 maximum. This tourney's host requires us use only the submitted cards. What kind of submition are we supposed to do right now?

I'm asking mostly because there may be some participants who are going to use many different archetypal -or not- cards in their decks.

I believe it's 15 max for cards YOU make, but you can pool any number of made by other people, so long as those cards have been submitted by the original creators. If it's Konami-official, then no need for submission, but custom cards must have been posted in the thread prior to use.

Are you, Nai and DeVille going to watch our duels? Since you're the ones who will have our decklists, you are the ones aware of who will misplay or use a card they are not supposed to use.

We'll trust that if any of this happens that it be reported to us. We are participating ourselves so watching I believe is illegal on that behalf, but that being said, if you see something oddly suspicious, such as a Main Decked Imperial Iron Wall, that's where you let us know and we will handle it from there.

Understood, although you'll already know the decks beforehand so it won't be exactly considered illegal.

Besides that, Imperial Iron Wall is not banned acording to the tourament's banlist. Maybe the list needs to be updated?

(And, you said if "Main Decked", so it will be okay if Side Decked?I suppose you meant if an illegal card is used anyway...)

Understood.

Besides that, Imperial Iron Wall is not banned acording to the tourament's banlist. Maybe the list needs to be updated?

(And, you said if "Main Decked", so it will be okay if Side Decked?I suppose you meant if an illegal card is used anyway...)

No what I meant was Imperial Iron Wall is a card that is used in the Side Deck against Decks that banish, so person against a Deck that banishes a lot would side that card, but they could cheat and change their Deck to main em.

Archived