The YCM Championship Series - DOS - WON BY ENDUSER

1. Yang Zings can pull off some very cool stuff
  2. But if they do, a topdecked Shaddoll Fusion could ruin it all
  3. Nah, you can't possibly topdeck it, also you have zero cards in hand or in play
  4. DESTINY DRAW

Yeah, that was nasty, but I won 2-0 vs Wildflame. Great games.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost 0-2 to EndUser. Meh.

I like the "meh" expression  :)

Could have been more interesting, but it was a pretty good match in general. (I have to admit though, some of my cards were very good anti-Shaddoll counters. Also, that fusion spell...  :/  )

Congratulations, EndUser! Thanks also to everyone for making this a smooth tournament and making it as easy as possible to run. As I've said, I'd definitely be up for running YCMCS3 in the near future if there's enough interest. If anyone has any suggestions or anything, post it in this thread, as well as saying whether you're interested in a 3rd.

Question on legality.

If a card like, say, D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok has a revealed TCG name due to a poll, but isn't selected, is it Tournament Legal? At that point, it's technically in the TCG's jurisdiction as to when it gets released, and someone seems to be under the opinion that cards like that would be allowed.

If a card like, say, D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok has a revealed TCG name due to a poll, but isn't selected, is it Tournament Legal? At that point, it's technically in the TCG's jurisdiction as to when it gets released, and someone seems to be under the opinion that cards like that would be allowed.

I would assume an official name cites that it WILL be TCG legal at a point in the close future, so I would assume yes.

Thing is, we don't actually know when and if there'll be a banlist. It's unlikely to be July 1 because Euros is the week after and that'll cause chaos, and we're not even sure if there's a list at all. Whilst I do agree that we ought to wait for a banlist if possible, we might have to wait for some more news before we start doing anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I know we are waiting for a new banlist and everything, but cant we just hold one now? Waiting seems unreliable with the new "We banlist whenever we want" konami attitude.

Full-on DNCG would be fun, but idm if there is other ideas.

Playing DNCG is like doing karate but hitting wherever you want, I guess.

There's little sense to do something without something holding the reins. May it be some banlist or specific requirements. Unless, of course, the others are okay with your idea.

You're a bit late to the party, but anyway...

How the f*** did EndUser win? 

With skill, devotion and some luck.

WHAT HAPPENED TO 5+ STAR MEMBER SUPERIORITY? YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAWS OF YCM.

I'm not the one to answer this; I don't even know what this is.  :P

Nevermind, I saw what you mean.  :/

congrats, EndUser! What deck did you play?

A rare mix of Raidraptors with some unusual cards for the Deck. Without Strix, due to not allowing OCG-only cards.

It was tough, I have to tell. Losing time and moves because of a missing monster... but I pulled through.

>skill

>some luck

Jesus christ.

As Joey Wheeler once said, while dueling Mai: "It's skill that brought me here where I am. Although, some luck never hurt anyone."

I am just joking, apologies if it came out any other way. Well, congratulations, mate! Nice job.

No need to apology, you did nothing wrong. I'm fine!

(I'm fine....  :/ )

The trouble with holding a tournament before a banlist is that the banlist WILL come out within the next couple of weeks and you can't really have tournament overlapping a banlist because everyone would have to change decks mid-tournament. At any rate I'm leaving for just under 3 weeks on the 25th so it's likely there won't be another one of these until mid-August when I get back unless anyone wants to host one in my absence.

Archived