New YgoPro Project

DsCardz

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you guys know that i am working on a new Ygopro Client that is centered on custom cards, or a CCG meta game. we need coders, artists,programmers. and more users. We want to have a client where custom cards are developed enough that they can be run alongside the current cardlist. This would be one of the first Ygopro clients made by the community, for the community.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just keep in mind that advertising your site is restricted to profile fields only; please do not do so in a post.

At the time of me looking, your forum is rather bare at the moment.

Why don't you bring your client over here, where we're established and are likely to draw more members.

--------

That being said, I am interested in this sort of thing, considering that I have a fair bit of cards I'd like to add to YGOPro on my own.

Only problem is that I'm still relatively new to coding stuff (and certainly trying to work in C for collegiate assignments didn't help).

I apologize. I haven't posted in this forum before, normally i just make cards in the card maker, but even then i'm starting to use MSE. I didn't mean to advertise either, i have no intention of diverting users to using other forum etc. I was just referencing it as all our research/coders/artists will be creating content there.

Other than that, this project builds onto YugiohCardMaker as people can even use this platform to bring their cards to life, as even you said you were interest. I am just trying to spread awareness so we get coders and artists who don't just think this is a theory, but that we are actually developing and working towards this client. If you can tell me a section of the YCM forums i can ask for coders and artists that would be great.

I apologize. I haven't posted in this forum before, normally i just make cards in the card maker, but even then i'm starting to use MSE. I didn't mean to advertise either, i have no intention of diverting users to using other forum etc. I was just referencing it as all our research/coders/artists will be creating content there.

Other than that, this project builds onto YugiohCardMaker as people can even use this platform to bring their cards to life, as even you said you were interest. I am just trying to spread awareness so we get coders and artists who don't just think this is a theory, but that we are actually developing and working towards this client. If you can tell me a section of the YCM forums i can ask for coders and artists that would be great.

well, we already have Duel Portal

anyway, the main thing is that the codes to create each card is kinda hard to understand

and idk if you can manage to get enough amount of ppl to create our cards

There is copy+pasting the text from other cards, but yeah coding in Lua can be a bitch at times.

I say this from having to code in C for my engineering degree, and that pissed me off A LOT.

YGOPro is very much similar to coding things for a video game (although we have advance OCG notices, courtesy of YGOHacks).

Duel Portal is like Dueling Network, except you have access to change the cards as you see fit.

------------

Basically speaking, this section's meant for those of you who want to do your projects here (and/or play around with new cards). It's also meant as a section to get coding help if needed.

The subforum's only nested within DP because it'd look messy as hell to give it a separate area in CC.

• 1 month later...

There is copy+pasting the text from other cards, but yeah coding in Lua can be a b**** at times.

I say this from having to code in C for my engineering degree, and that pissed me off A LOT.

YGOPro is very much similar to coding things for a video game (although we have advance OCG notices, courtesy of YGOHacks).

Duel Portal is like Dueling Network, except you have access to change the cards as you see fit.

------------

Basically speaking, this section's meant for those of you who want to do your projects here (and/or play around with new cards). It's also meant as a section to get coding help if needed.

The subforum's only nested within DP because it'd look messy as hell to give it a separate area in CC.

I understand why its like this,

I know there are a few members here who can code in Lua; such as I Hate Snatch Steal and maybe a few others.

But yeah, if it were easier to do the coding, then perhaps more interest would be shown.

As I've noted earlier in this thread, I have some knowledge of coding in C, but that doesn't guarantee that I can do stuff in YGOPro (even after reading the tutorials).

I wanted to rush in in this project, I am applying as either a coder and an artist. Coding is not hard for me since i Did DevC++ for 4 years, and i've seen the codes and I understand them pretty good. So now I just need some more info on this.

Do you need more info on the porject? Also the idea would be that eventually the project would only use custom cards with some generic cards from the offical game. If the project gets lots of  card coders then they can code cards for people who don't know how.

That might be helpful.

Maybe I can get Snatch Steal to join this if he's interested.

But if you want the project to take off, there's going to be a need for coders for people who can't do it.

(I can technically do some YGOPro coding, but most of it is rather simplistic.)

In the long run, it might also help with doing proxies for upcoming set stuff.

As far as I've seen Lua is very similar to Java.

Once you know all the directories and what they mean, it becomes just like going to the Library Encylapedias for a reaserch paper; you just have to use the right book for what you need, and turn to the right page (oh god does ANYONE use encyclopedias anymore?)

That hard part is learning all the directories and what each of them do, and when to apply them, which is why most people just Copy Paste what they need and learn through trial and error for Lua.

If I ever get the time and motivation to learn Lua, since I'm ready fairly sufficient in Java, I could potentially help if need be. That's a pretty big if though.

I know there are a few members here who can code in Lua; such as I Hate Snatch Steal and maybe a few others.

But yeah, if it were easier to do the coding, then perhaps more interest would be shown.

As I've noted earlier in this thread, I have some knowledge of coding in C, but that doesn't guarantee that I can do stuff in YGOPro (even after reading the tutorials).

I can code cards too.

Also, i'm with this project ^^, i can consider making graphics/scripts for it ^^.

I believe that if we work really hard we can get this done.

Indeed, it looks like you might actually pull this off.

I might be able to help out here and there with Lua. I'm still pretty much a beginner, but I tend to have a good ability to string things together decently well. Give me a load of little/repetitive tasks and I'll get 'em done.

Same here.

As noted earlier, I can do small pieces here and there (if any complicated stuff comes around, usually ends up being c/p'd from existing stuff).

Ideally, that's what some tutorials said to do (but it helps to be able to write from scratch, because certain card mechanics and stuff aren't existent in real cards at the moment)

This custom card project would have its own banlist. Also eventually i would want it to run only on custom cards.

Let's see how things turn out before a banlist is created; namely what sorts of cards will be in here.

I would not rush this project that much. For it to be stand alone, we need some staples, and also some generic supports. And we want them to be designed right and correct way, totally unlike KONAMI does its stuff. Since I am assuming you want a stable and fun game, that is what all of us want so. I will try to toss some of the staples later, since now I am in some set things.

I suppose we can borrow some of the concepts that currently exist for the DP metagame, and use them here.

Essentially implement a card pool of stuff that can be used for whatever games we decide to do, and then figure out an appropriate banlist given the cards.

I have some staples in progress; just need to check on some coding things.

Archived