Why the f*** are all of my friends dying? (Emotional Rollercoaster, Pray)

- Minimania -

When people say "a week left", they may mean that they have a week left in school, or perhaps they're on a business trip and they have only a week to go. Unfortunately for my friend and I, when she says she has a "week left", we're talking about her life.

My friend, Zue, or Elizabeth, is in grave danger. She has a condition that gives her intense headaches, up to the point where her ears are actually bleeding. She will not survive without a procedure. In five days, she's off to the hospital to take that procedure. If successful, she will survive and my dream will be fulfilled, as well as my prayers answered.

However, this procedure is a great risk that may end catastrophically. Zue has a maximum 1 in 4 chance of surviving this, and that's just given that her condition won't act up until then. Eleven people, including myself, are calling her every day, texting her, and we're also using a website called iScribble.net to draw with her. She's extremely sweet, funny, cute; she's an angel in disguise.

I'm not the kind of person to ask for anything, not even small things for that matter. This time, however, I'm going to make an exception.

I'm aware that not everyone here is of religion (or just straight up manners, for that matter), but I sincerely ask that you pray for this young woman so that she may experience the much needed grace of God in her time of struggle. If you would, it would mean so much to her and I. I couldn't ever thank you enough. I sincerely hope that she'll come out okay, and I ask that you may spread the hope.

Athiests: I'm not arguing about religion, and this is in no way about religion. Posts that are purposed on using any source to try to disprove religion isn't to be tolerated, and will be deleted. If you don't believe in prayer or anything of the sort, at the very least, please, just wish her luck.

I would like to thank everybody in advance for being a pool of considerate people that I can come to in a time of need. May God bless you (or Vishnu, or Confucias, or Skrillex) and may you live a splendid life.

EDIT: There is new news, look at page 2.

I'll pray for your friend Zue with all my heart. I hope that she'll be able to toughen it out, seizing that fickle thing we call 'life', and I hope that her, you, and everyone else involved will hang in there for the week to come. ^^

I asked the cards for their opinion of what 1 in 4 is, and they offered me The Lovers. A perfect card for a perfect angel, I dare say. Though the chance might be minimal, they say that in the end, she will overcome this trial placed before her. The love of her friends and family will guide the way to recovery and the end of her trial, so sayeth the cards should she be strong enough to hold onto herself. Have faith.

Hang in there. 1/4 isn't too bad of an odd. I have known of cases in which people have come out kicking with lower rate of succeed. Have faith!

P.s: Don't single out us atheists. Just because we don't share the same belief doesn't mean we would be thoughtless enough to turn a topic that gathers support for somebody into a warring topic. :) We aren't heartless, you know.

I can't imagine what both you and her must be feeling, and I hope and pray that both of you come out of it with nothing but relief and joy. 

It's not much, but this song is always one that gets me through hard times. 

[spoiler=Lyrics]On a bus ride into town
I wondered, "Why am I going to town?"
As I looked around
At the billboards and the stores
I thought, "Why do I look around?"
I got up and bowed
And I kissed the filthy ground
And in the first dry spot I found I laid back down
Without having to wonder
Why I was laying down

Before long I was too cold
And so I took a bus back to the station
I found a letter left by a pay phone
With no return contact
And it read like a horn blown
By some sad angel:
"Bunny, it was me
It was me who let you down"
It was the shyest attempt
I'd ever seen at conversation

If I didnt have you as my guide
I'd still wander lost in Sinai
Counting the plates of cars from out of state
(How I could jump in their path as they hurry along!)
Until you surround me
You're pretty but you're all I can see
Like a thick fog
If there was no way into God
I would never have laid in this grave of a body
For so long

St. Cyril's fair always came through
The first week of September
But it's already the 19th
And there's no sign of it yet
I have a hard time remembering
The things I should remember
And a hard time forgetting
All the things I should forget

Oh Christ, when you're ready to come back
I think I'm ready for you to come back
But if you want to stay wherever exactly it is you are
That's okay too -
It's really none of my business

And if I didn't have you as my guide
I'd still be wandering lost in Sinai
Or down by the tracks
Watching trains go by to remind me:
There are places that aren't here
I had a well but all the water left
So I'll ask for your forgiveness
With every breath
If there was no way into God
I would never have laid in this grave of a body
So long, dear

i cant really say that ive ever experienced the death of a friend but a few years ago my nana died and a few years before that my grandad died as well (though my papa and granny are still kickin it). also during early this month my gerbil and my step-dads father died on the same day and just recently my cousins dog got ran over the day before my dads birthday this month.

i hope and pray that you wont have to go through a tremendous amount of grief and i pray for luck towards your friend going into this operation.

I hope everything goes well for her.

You're a really good friend, so stick with her and don't let her go.

I'm an agnostic too, but that doesn't mean I can't pray.

So I will pray that she'll be fine and get to live a happy life from there on.

I doubt prayers will help, but it can't hurt to try.

...Never exactly did one before though.. How would I go about doing it?

Just talk in your thoughts about what you wish and whoever is listening, but most importantly: have good thoughts in mind, whether it be in prayer or in thought. That is what matters.

Archived