[TCG] Rumored July Banlist from NAWCQ

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7254

It’s been a little over 3 months since the Forbidden & Limited List was updated, and we’ve been getting some questions about what’s up with that, so here’s a little detail on what’s going on.

When the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG first launched in 2002, we would update the list every time a new booster set or starter deck came out. Eventually we moved away from that and switched to changing the list on specific dates, first 6 months apart, then later 3 months apart.

Response to the more rapid (3-month) list changes has been good, and we think that’s because it gives us more flexibility in adjusting the list, addressing needs of the players, and making a game that’s more fun for everyone. Flexibility is good.

But having specific dates was running contrary to that, because hard “this list will end on Date X” lines were limiting our flexibility. Sometimes we felt we had to hit a card because it might become a problem, rather than because it was a problem. This is good practice sometimes, but not always, and occasionally we ended up being a little heavy handed, with players wondering “why’d they do that?”

The problem for us was that when we were locked in to only changing the list on specific dates, we had only those narrow windows to work with. You probably noticed that the current list (which took effect April 1) has no end date. This was intentional. We’re going to update the list very soon. But we’re going to update the list when it’s ready, when the time is right, and when we have the feedback and data we need to make the best decisions we can.

Expect to see something soon!

Ugh funk you Tewart.

Honestly? If you know Tewart, it literally says that from now on, they will release lists whenever they feel like it.

So expect BA/the new upcoming archetype/whatever not to be hit for a veeeery long time until they milk out as much as they can out of it.

Yeah I think they need to have some big event pass before.

I am not very up to date, but I did hear that following the regular scheduled list change dates would have some issues.

I don't think the idea is bad.

They can "milk" new cards even with set dates, if the existence of inconsequential changes in lists on the past have been any evidence to it. That said, I don't think that'd be the reason to change to irregular dates.

However I don't like how now list changes will not be expected. I do somewhat like looking up people's prediction discussions, and I worry we might at some point get sudden changes that nobody checked up because there's no date to await for these things....

Can I ask why this thread is still up when this has been disproven?

It hasn't. A damage control statement saying it would be out later was made, but this list hasn't been disproven.

And if you want it locked, despite having discussion value, report it instead of +1 posting.

It hasn't. A damage control statement saying it would be out later was made, but this list hasn't been disproven.

And if you want it locked, despite having discussion value, report it instead of +1 posting.

In addition to this, the damage control statement just further accentuates that the list is correct. As KoA never really cared for damage control enough before to actually mention something about it, so why start now?

They've also never been in such a confusing situation that required damage control, they've always put a release date on banlists and have never before failed to release a banlist or even address the issue until after the deadline should have passed. 

My apologies. I am new here and from my view, it seemed like much of it was statements that would be off in another seperate post and all that was talked about on the list specifically had been laid to rest, also I'm unfamiliar with report and/or the whole +1 thing, but I'll take your word on it then

Temple of the kings and Exchange of spirit destroying the tcg meta ehhh?

Genuinely cannot pick out what the point of this post is supposed to be. Final Countdown and Exodia aren't doing anything with the meta but they're not going to be unlimited any time soon. And both of those cards lost most if not all of their usefulness with their erratas. Just... why make this post.

Genuinely cannot pick out what the point of this post is supposed to be. Final Countdown and Exodia aren't doing anything with the meta but they're not going to be unlimited any time soon. And both of those cards lost most if not all of their usefulness with their erratas. Just... why make this post.

It was sarcasm. The cards are trash and should go to 3. FC should be at 3, and Exodia increases FTK consistency if it moves up. Apples and oranges mate

Final Countdown should be at 0. It's not a card that should exist at all. Exodia too, but Exodia has nostalgia goggles attached to it.

The gamplay FC promotes is bad. The card itself is fine. Hit cards like Waboku instead IMO.

But that's Statos vs Unbans all over

I'm a bit irritated at Trishula still @0 not gonna lie

The gamplay FC promotes is bad. The card itself is fine. Hit cards like Waboku instead IMO.

But that's Statos vs Unbans all over

I'm a bit irritated at Trishula still @0 not gonna lie

Soooo hit:

-Waboku

-Threatening Roar

-Thunder of Ruler

-Frozen Soul

-One Day of Peace (Momentary Truce for you I believe)

and potentially randomly Swords of Revealing Light and other minor and more unreliable stall cards....

rather than just hitting Final Countdown.

Soooo hit:

-Waboku

-Threatening Roar

-Thunder of Ruler

-Frozen Soul

-One Day of Peace (Momentary Truce for you I believe)

and potentially randomly Swords of Revealing Light and other minor and more unreliable stall cards....

rather than just hitting Final Countdown.

Last one is limited, and you are correct, first 2 fit with chain burn too. You can hit FC and ChainBurn and shitty exodia decks. So why the funk not

Last one is limited, and you are correct, first 2 fit with chain burn too. You can hit FC and ChainBurn and shitty exodia decks. So why the funk not

Well, I remember there are also monster stall effects like Battle Fader and that Scarecrow whose name I forgot.

The point is, there's a ton of stall in the game, and Konami rather than keep them at a minimum in case they needed to experiment with hitting them in the future, they just keep making more, with the recent one being Chicken Race.

I'd say the least amount of cards that can be hit, the better. So I'd personally vote for hitting Countdown, Exodia, Magical Library, and if you want to: Chain Strike, which are the centers of the unfunny decks to play against.

The exception to the above statement would be if you think any of the above decks were worth keeping, and you'd have to assume X and Y decks of the above would not just plain die without said stall cards. The ideal way a certain card should be played on paper to maximize a good gaming experience don't always end up being what shows up in practice, and sometimes when you nerf something down to "fair", people end up losing interest in even building the deck.... so I have my doubts that your change would get results all that different. What I do see is that you'd end up hitting many more cards.

Archived