[TCG] Rumored July Banlist from NAWCQ

Well, I remember there are also monster stall effects like Battle Fader and that Scarecrow whose name I forgot.

The point is, there's a ton of stall in the game, and Konami rather than keep them at a minimum in case they needed to experiment with hitting them in the future, they just keep making more, with the recent one being Chicken Race.

I'd say the least amount of cards that can be hit, the better. So I'd personally vote for hitting Countdown, Exodia, Magical Library, and if you want to: Chain Strike, which are the centers of the unfunny decks to play against.

The exception to the above statement would be if you think any of the above decks were worth keeping, and you'd have to assume X and Y decks of the above would not just plain die without said stall cards. The ideal way a certain card should be played on paper to maximize a good gaming experience don't always end up being what shows up in practice, and sometimes when you nerf something down to "fair", people end up losing interest in even building the deck.... so I have my doubts that your change would get results all that different. What I do see is that you'd end up hitting many more cards.

That kind of stall isnt healthy IMO. "Stall" as I would see it, would be LPD into REDMD into LPD, or cir into Dante into Cir

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Write this down:

TCG will have no banlist either and the current format will be extended.

Next banlist will come in October... and will be a BIG banlist that might change the entire meta - All current Tier decks could become rogue. Nekroz and Shaddolls included.

We got ourselves a prophet over here...he could actually be right too.

I think my biggest problem with this is not the fact a banlist season has been missed, but the precedent it sets for the TCG. If Konami can just miss lists whenever it feel like, it will take a very long time before clear problem cards get hit. The TCG is already one hell of a money grab between awkward set releases, rarity bumps, JUMP promos, and making the game more dominated by money than it already is is a bad idea. 

At this point, we may as well rename the TCG to North American Card Game, since it's obvious Konami gives very little care about Europe with terrible card release policies like JUMP Promo legality as well as the fact we aren't getting Battle City for another few months, when America already has the set in circulation. I can't care much for a game anymore when the company essentially leaves certain countries out in the boonies in terms of not only YCS events, but now entire sets. While this is not as relevant to this topic as the banlist, I dislike the fact it opens the floodgates for Alter Reality Games and other Gaming corporate companies to make their own banlists and inflate the price of their product because Konami has refused to make an action for themselves. Stores easily have the biggest stock of cards, and giving them absolute control over card prices is a terrifying prospect. 

Obviously, whether Konami will make a banlist next season is undetermined, although highly likely. Even if they do make a banlist, you can almost be certain it'll be an absolute gutting of the decks people have been playing for the past year and a half, forcing players onto the new product. If that product's price is mostly, if not completely controlled by stores, pricing people out of the game will be more of an issue than it already is. Cards in this game have a very short shelf life in comparison to other games, and a huge percentage of cards printed are now absolutely irrelevant. While this happens with every game, Yugioh is probably the worst offender. 

It's a sad day when your company's game balancing list is corrupted by what can make them the most money. Clearly, Konami have no love for their own game, that much is almost certain.

TBH we should just make a YCM banlist, with no "Healthy" bullcrap, just pure meta-related and sensible decisions in general that we use (for online obvs). Because at this rate, this game will be trashed (IRL, anyway).

Well, this game has always had things that the above mentioned, but it's made worse by a swiftly changing format that can just trash whatever they feel like at any time.

TBH we should just make a YCM banlist, with no "Healthy" bullcrap, just pure meta-related and sensible decisions in general that we use (for online obvs). Because at this rate, this game will be trashed (IRL, anyway).

Good luck doing that...  It seems opinions are very divided on this site when it comes to the banlist.

Well, this game has always had things that the above mentioned, but it's made worse by a swiftly changing format that can just trash whatever they feel like at any time.

Here, here! I'll make the list. <3

Enjoy the format, man, it's a pretty good one.

I don't know if it's exactly a good time to join the format though, considering how it'll probably be cycled out soon and there is a lot to read up on. Just doesn't seem worth.

11235801_877092255661229_751563454742569

just gonna leave this here. Don't expect the list anytime soon guys

I don't see how this has any implications on us getting the list any later than what we were expecting.

I don't know if it's exactly a good time to join the format though, considering how it'll probably be cycled out soon and there is a lot to read up on. Just doesn't seem worth

I see your point, but I really don't see the format drastically changing even if we get a list just because there's no really good-looking new decks on the horizon. There'll probably be 3-4 decks that are somewhat relevant now that completely avoid any list attention (RB, Volcanics and Infernoid look pretty safe for a start) and even with hits I can still imagine decks like Nekroz and Shaddoll will be playable.

I see your point, but I really don't see the format drastically changing even if we get a list just because there's no really good-looking new decks on the horizon. There'll probably be 3-4 decks that are somewhat relevant now that completely avoid any list attention (RB, Volcanics and Infernoid look pretty safe for a start) and even with hits I can still imagine decks like Nekroz and Shaddoll will be playable.

It wouldn't be too bad to read up on things in the format or something, for sure, but attempting to get into the format at such a late stage seems like it may get a little overwhelming. The same kind of decktypes may exist but I imagine that the hits coming from this list, judging by the hits made from a previous OCG list around the same time as CORE that really hurt quite a few decks (like Construct to 0 etc)

All of them killed by banlist, although Fire Fists are in a good spot atm because Spirit is unlimited now.

Not all of them are killed by the banlist at all. Fist + Mermail are a very good example of being "creeped out" of top tables, for example. Neptabyss isn't a thing

Archived