• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently looking for a job now that I've finished my voluntary work.

i had a job as a dishwasher over the summer

and funk i got my classes mixed up, i actually have art right now, not philosophy. man i hate how the classes switch each day of the week. thankfully im not late.

I bet it wasn't the most exciting job in the world, but a job's a job. Was it paid or unpaid?

i got paid, it was 303$ that i got in total and then i had to give 150 to my mom to repay for my phone repairs, After that i bought CDs and some school clothes which lead me down to 20$ plus 50$ that my mom kept from my birthday, which will most likely be spent on more CDs

the job wasnt the most fun but i was working in a kitchen which is one of the places that i wouldnt mind being at for a living.

I was a dishwasher once.  Never again.  Boss was cool, co-workers were cool (the cooks were total bros), and employee meals are a wonderful thing when working at IHOP, but as I stuck with it longer and longer, it became clear I wasn't cut out for the pace of the food industry.  For me, a job with a slower working pace is ideal, since I'm not somebody who particularly moves around quickly, much preferring to have my one spot and remain there.

i got paid, it was $303 that i got in total and then i had to give 150 to my mum to repay for my phone repairs, After that i bought CDs and some school clothes which lead me down to $20 plus $50 that my mum kept from my birthday, which will most likely be spent on more CDs

the job wasnt the most fun but i was working in a kitchen which is one of the places that i wouldnt mind being at for a living.

I see, at least it's something to put on your resume.

I was a dishwasher once.  Never again.  Boss was cool, co-workers were cool (the cooks were total bros), and employee meals are a wonderful thing when working at IHOP, but as I stuck with it longer and longer, it became clear I wasn't cut out for the pace of the food industry.  For me, a job with a slower working pace is ideal, since I'm not somebody who particularly moves around quickly, much preferring to have my one spot and remain there.

really? the place i worked at was much smaller and was owned by Chef at Live, a dude who grew up with my dad in high school and ended up become a decent name down around here in the food industry. unfortunately he got the place renovated so now i cant work there, at least not as a dishwasher anymore since its not catering anymore. but yeah my only problems were the heat and delayed lunch, im thankful that they let me leave to go to a nearby Subway whenever i felt like it or else i would have completely starved. the heat was a bother since it was in summer and i had no place to escape from it except for the walk-in freezer they had. i enjoyed my time there and was happy with the experience that i got out of it, even if i wasnt the greatest of workers (i was very slow some days).

Well, university decided to pile on multiple projects on me, such as designing a sticker book in Java (if you want, I'll post a link to the Youtube video of it; yeah, I have to make one to show that it works).

That, and more engineering/calculus HW online.

I kinda don't like that kind of stuff to be honest; still a fan of hard copy stuff (even if the book is different).

-------

For other things, there are a few students at college who are really loud in the student lounge; mainly from them playing Super Smash on Gamecube. 

(Seriously, they bring a TV and Gamecube up a few flights of stairs for it)

Then, there's a few of them playing CFV.

school is fine, currently enjoying my Philosophy and Advanced English isnt too bad either, not currently enjoying the figure drawing that were doing in art right now, it really goes against my usual highly cartoony style and im not one for drawing humans, at all. at least i have two hours to do whatever i want in my sketchbook each week, currently working on a drawing of Toriel.

Archived