Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Chances are that it probably will, but looks like the server fixed itself (since YCMaker didn't log on since mid-May). So...we didn't have to email him at all. Hopefully this doesn't happen again, but if it does, nothing we can do about it. 

But as for the card, thing should be fine in giving Trains a few more toys, though the column mechanic was neglected until now because of impracticality (albeit did have an interesting concept). Least it can still burn stuff when needed (it gets better in VRAINS format, but...we aren't that). Though, would that member here like this card or still go on "no, this isn't what they want"? 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, the Stuffimols from the Archetype Game Thread a long time ago(I think it was April-May) is reposted for y'all. Sakura, since I can't figure out how to post them as actual pictures, could u work your mod magic and fix them plz. Also, before you get pissed that there are links in the archetype, keep in mind, I made these before I joined here. Just ignore the links, and review the rest of the cards.

Alright, the Stuffimols from the Archetype Game Thread a long time ago(I think it was April-May) is reposted for y'all. Sakura, since I can't figure out how to post them as actual pictures, could u work your mod magic and fix them plz. Also, before you get pissed that there are links in the archetype, keep in mind, I made these before I joined here. Just ignore the links, and review the rest of the cards.

If you mean the generated card images, you can copy their link or save the image and upload them to an image uploading site like Imgur.

If you mean the generated card images, you can copy their link or save the image and upload them to an image uploading site like Imgur.

I have tried to do that before, Nyx, but as Sakura has seen himself, my tablet/laptop is broken. They don't let me do that, even tho I did it exactly as you said.

So, this is the first- and hopefully only- time I will have to say or do this, but I've had to bar cards in an otherwise AGM archetype, that were made by a member.

Kyumi, you know the rules- the AGM is an Arc-V Legacy format. As such, I had better not see any Links in the future from you. You can feel free to change the two Link monsters you created into Rituals or Synchros (the easiest conversions, in my personal opinion), but until that point, Stuffimol Phoenix and Stuffimol Ghost are barred, while the rest of the archetype has permission to stay (unless there was something else I didn't catch).

Kyumi did say to ignore them for AGM purposes; I graded them because of the rule in there that specifically says "LEGACY" tag for ARC-V or you get graded under VRAINS. 

But that being said, he is free to design Links however he wants, provided it's not without the tag. You do not have the right to bar what he makes outside of this club or the generics thread. 

====

Either way, there are some options:

• Treat Phoenix/Ghost as if they don't exist for AGM purposes; is it that hard to just ignore them? (Suppose you can put them in a spoiler for ignoring purposes)
  • Just repost the thread, but remove the Links in the copy you use for AGM. (With that being said, you will need to remove the AGM tag from the name in the Link-bearing ones.)

====

But yeah, I kept to my word and graded Stuffimols.

===============

P.S. October now, so...new Deck challenge, I guess.

I knew that Draconus, like Sakura said, I specifically put in both this thread and my reposted thread "if you are from the AGM and want to grade this, ignore the Links." I knew that we didn't use Links here, so I made sure to specify that. I also, said "keep in mind, these were made before I joined the AGM." Sorry for the confusion, but it isn't like I didn't try to prevent it.

Fair enough. Still, the fact that it was with everything else (not roped off into a spoiler, or a second post) irked me considerably.

You know, Kyumi, given that you do like Crystal Beasts, I'm wondering why you haven't dropped a review in my Legacy thread of the Crystal Beast stuff I made (Advanced Crystal Beasts, a couple new Rainbow Dragons, and a couple of other things). Like, while I didn't review Tinkerer's Legacy cards in his thread all that often, I'd always drop my two cents on any cards he made for AGM archetypes I knew the playstyle of, and Nyx can testify to receiving semi-regular reviews when new stuff gets added in their thread.

To be fair, it's literally only you reviewing Nyx's stuff nowadays. I only graded the Psychic Dragon stuff and that was it.

I have no idea where the hell Tinkerer is, Garland needs to get his tail in here more, Dova is gone because of school IIRC (as is Tojin), ChampionZero is still RP and not cardmaking [when was the last time he CnC'd anything, if ever?] Belle hasn't been seen lately, and the other three (well, Octosquid, Eshai and Kyumi, don't have any cards in the support threads).

===

Harsh as this is, yeah. Though, to be fair, not many people in CC review our sheet either. Most of the time, either get Darj to view mine or Eshai's going at people's stuff lately. 

Fair enough. Still, the fact that it was with everything else (not roped off into a spoiler, or a second post) irked me considerably.

You know, Kyumi, given that you do like Crystal Beasts, I'm wondering why you haven't dropped a review in my Legacy thread of the Crystal Beast stuff I made (Advanced Crystal Beasts, a couple new Rainbow Dragons, and a couple of other things). Like, while I didn't review Tinkerer's Legacy cards in his thread all that often, I'd always drop my two cents on any cards he made for AGM archetypes I knew the playstyle of, and Nyx can testify to receiving semi-regular reviews when new stuff gets added in their thread.

Speaking of which, I could stop by your Legacy thread and leave a review. Though like yours and Sakura's, I'm mostly going to be looking at stuff based on archetypes I've worked on and maybe some real life archetypes I like.

Honestly, I would love to check out the Crystal Beast stuff y'all have put out. Only problem is, I don't have time to do so as of currently. I will try to work it in to my schedule tomorrow, but I may not get that far. As for my Stuffimol cards, again, specifically put that those were to be ignored for AGM purposes. I don't really feel like arguing over something as simple as two link monsters I made in the past, so I hope this is the last bit that has to be said about them.

Oh crap, I forgot because of the site going down, but it's October- DARK month for the challenge. So, anyone wanting to do the Deck Challenge, we're doing DARK for October. Destiny HERO and Predaplants, Sorcery Hydras and Scathach, RDA and Chaos Fusion, as long as you're primarily running DARK monsters you're good. Same basic rules as last time.

Anyway, sure, Kyumi. We're good.

IN ANY CASE, I'm doing semi-generic Level 5 Synchros based on the Attribute boosters, as a semi-ripoff of what Konami has done with Missus Radiant and Mistar Boy- in our case, Bladefly Queen (Bladefly, WIND) and Coven Witch (Witch's Apprentice, DARK), so if you have any ideas for names you can check the two most recent generic Synchros.

Let's clear up the queue and give Lunalights their spot in here; they at least have Fire Formations to look forward to. 

Supreme King on its own is probably okay, but reserving judgment on whether to let them in or not at this time. 

=====

Just gotta grab all the cards I made legacy support for and actually made thread for it, though as I've said before, most of them are back support for my stuff and likely the really old ones I made either in the early Pendulum era or stuff I gave up halfway making support for. 

To be fair to Supreme King, its actual archetype consists of 4 Main Deck monsters (Darkwurm, the Gates, and Odd-Eyes), 4 Extra Deck monsters (Z-ARC, Clear Wing, Dark Rebellion, and Starving Venom), and 1 Trap (Dance and Brutality were never printed). The Magician kids aren't technically Supreme King cards.

In any case, Lunalight is now an official AGM archetype, which means, as a fun fact, over half of all named Arc-V Fusion Dimension characters with an IRL printed Deck have their Deck in- we have Predaplants (Yuri), Lunalights (Serena), Destiny HERO (Mr. Phoenix), Cyber Angels (Asuka/Alexis), and Gladiator Beasts (Battle Beast). The other half is Dennis (Performage, probably not), Sora (Frightfurs, I don't know), and Gloria/Grace (Amazoness, I don't see why not).

Another fun fact, the only Signer Dragon not in the AGM in any way is Black-Winged Dragon, which funnily enough means that we have the original 5 intended Signers- the other 5 uniformly have both their anime and manga incarnations, with the exception of Stardust Spark Dragon.

Yeah, the ZARC Magicians (TCG calls them this because they were released with his stuff) are still Yuya monsters for all intents/purposes due to name; they're just related to the original forms of the Dimension Dragons. Though, Astrograph and Chronograph are the ones that sort of bind them because those two summon ZARC without needing Poly and stuff.

But with that said, sure, I might as well approve it. I get an excuse to throw in Darkglyde (even though I kinda made it on short notice after posting Theseus in TCG and one of those members ninja'd me by a minute while I wrote an actual critique).

EDIT: Well, I sort of found out that Dan posted it first after doing a check (and I can't call him a kid like I do with some of the newer members because he joined before me and obvious age thing, but...I got better prestige.)

Archived