Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK some progress on the Archaevils, despite everything on my back right now. I've got the first three mosnters and Scriptures pretty down. Feedback would be appreciated. Be forewarned, I've definitely done better work than this.

[spoiler=Rider, Terrorist, and Virtuoso]

Archaevil Scripture - Symphony of Nefarious Minds

Continuous Spell

Each time you Summon a DARK or Fiend monster, place 1 Evil Counter on this card. You can send this card with 4 or more Evil Counters to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Archaevil Virtuoso" from your hand, Deck, or GY.

Archaevil Virtuoso

Level 8 ~ DARK ~ Fiend/Effect

Must be Special Summoned by the effect of an “Archaevil Scripture” Spell. Once per turn: You can change this monster’s battle position; destroy a number of monsters your opponent controls, equal to the number of “Archaevil” monsters you control, then inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed by this effect. You can only control 3 “Archaevil” monsters.

3000/3000

Archaevil Scripture - Threats of The Broken

Continuous Spell

Each time you Summon a DARK or Fiend monster, place 1 Evil Counter on this card. You can send this card with 4 or more Evil Counters to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Archaevil Rider" from your hand, Deck, or GY.

Archaevil Rider

Must be Special Summoned by the effect of an “Archaevil Scripture” Spell. Once per turn: You can Tribute another monster you control; destroy all Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls. You can only control 3 “Archaevil” monsters.

3000/3000

Archaevil Scripture - Warrant for The Fallen

Continuous Spell

Each time you Summon a DARK or Fiend monster, place 1 Evil Counter on this card. You can send this card with 4 or more Evil Counters to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Archaevil Terrorist" from your hand, Deck, or GY.

Archaevil Terrorist

Must be Special Summoned by the effect of an “Archaevil Scripture” Spell. Once per turn: You can discard two cards; inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent. If they were the same type of card (Spell, Trap, or Monster) Add 2 Evil Counters to an “Archaevil Scripture” card you control. You can only control 3 “Archaevil” monsters.

3000/3000

Um . . . would you mind reminding us of the prompt there? That's a very difficult thing to grade- especially considering that, with those three monsters and Continuous Spells, you literally cannot get started using only archetypal cards.

Also, Card of the Week:

Dark Mafishian

DARK - Level 7 - Fish/Effect - 2500/2000

During either player's turn, if a Fish-Type monster you control, except "Dark Mafishian", is destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effect, you can pay 800 LP to Special Summon this monster from your hand or Graveyard. If this monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, you can target 1 card in either player's Spell/Trap Card Zone: If that target has card text to treat it as a monster, Special Summon it as a monster as its card text indicates, if not, Special Summon it as a Level 1 WATER-Attribute Fish-Type Normal monster with 500 ATK and DEF.

I made a new archetype that I would like to add into here. It is my first take on a full blown Synchro archetype, and I would like to know what y'all think. Allow me to present, the Carnimals!

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/367248-the-fastest-archetype-i-have-ever-made-carnimal-archetype/

Reminder that you need to have 2 other members approve it (or at minimum, one of us has to).

Also this is for Kyumi, but because of its nature as a Link Monster, it does not go into the thread. (There's a reason why the STANDARD tag is up)

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/367251-sakura-stuffimol-mascot-bearemy/

Um . . . would you mind reminding us of the prompt there? That's a very difficult thing to grade- especially considering that, with those three monsters and Continuous Spells, you literally cannot get started using only archetypal cards.

Also, Card of the Week:

Dark Mafishian

DARK - Level 7 - Fish/Effect - 2500/2000

During either player's turn, if a Fish-Type monster you control, except "Dark Mafishian", is destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effect, you can pay 800 LP to Special Summon this monster from your hand or Graveyard. If this monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, you can target 1 card in either player's Spell/Trap Card Zone: If that target has card text to treat it as a monster, Special Summon it as a monster as its card text indicates, if not, Special Summon it as a Level 1 WATER-Attribute Fish-Type Normal monster with 500 ATK and DEF.

I hate to be that guy, Draconus, but they probably aren't ever going to be able to run on archetypal cards entirely, especially with me making them.

Archaevil (pronounced Arc-Evil) is Earthbound Immortals, 2.0! These guys are Level 8 DARK Fiend-type Effect Monsters that are summoned from the Hand, Deck, or Graveyard with their corresponding Continuous Spell, an Archaevil Scripture, in a style not unlike Raigeki Bottle, gaining counters every time you summon a DARK or Fiend monster (gaining two if your monster is both). Instead of massive beasts of power, they're famous, malicious beings from mythology with modern twists! Loki playing a sinister organ. Kronos with a bladed motorcycle instead of a scythe. Satan himself dual-wielding flamethrowers. Etc. They have wonderful effects with costs as simple as discarding cards, and while you can only control three, if you're REALLY good, you can make those three last you all the way to victory, regardless of whose victory it is!

I mean, the best piece of advice I can offer is to allow them to be Normal Summoned with their effects negated in a similar style to Barbaros coming out with its stats halved, because as-is they absolutely need outside help to even begin.

Also, here's an update on the queue:

Infernity (2/3 - Eshai, Kyumi) (my personal objections mostly come down to Archfiend and Launcher)

Fluffal/Edge-Imp/Frightfur (2/3 - Kyumi, Sakura) (still checking for possible degenerate combos, but so far it'll probably be a yes)

Amazoness, bar "Amazoness Archer" (1/3 - Draconus)

I've also been trying to think of good Xyz Decks that aren't either boring (tellars) or dependant on Numbers to get their ED working (Gimmick Puppets) to add in and supplement our own bottlenecked ED pool (mostly a few good R3 and R7 Decks, I think).

C ya later ChampionZero!

====

Anyway, does anyone want to accept my Carnimal archetype in? I have fixed them to be less broken than before, so I request for you to give them a look. Here is a link:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/367248-the-fastest-archetype-i-have-ever-made-carnimal-archetype/

Keep in mind their main goal is to Synchro ladder into Tent Tarantula, but also let me know what you think since I have never worked on a pure Synchro archetype before

Okay, they're actually pretty solid, if lacking in combos besides "vomit hand on the field, hope for the best", but there's a couple of major things I want you to do before we allow in Carnimals:

●That draw card. Give it a HOPT- (You can only activate each effect of this card's name once per turn). I mention this because otherwise 3 copies of it and literally any Carnimal in hand is a first-turn +3, which you can use to combo into Blazar (or Quasar, which I've been internally debating for the past three months) using a few outside Synchros that you can easily cycle through.

●Those "Summon from Deck" effects need some kind of a drawback, or tighter restrictions- Deck Summoning on monsters is thus far limited to Road Warrior (requires Road Synchron [or, y'know, Double Synchron] to make, only grabs Level 2 or lower Tuners), a certain Lavalval (Level 4 or lower limit, blows up the thing it Summons during the End Phase), Resonators (a Deck that with very few usable non-Tuners, and the entire archetype is Level 4 or lower), Predaplant Orphrys Scorpio (can't grab another of itself, HOPT), Shining Rainbow Dragon (specifically floats into Rainbow Dragon, and is a really difficult to make Fusion), Morale Dragon (makes more of itself if used as Synchro Material for a Dragon), detach floaters (which require that you make a specific Xyz monster, and successfully use its detach effect), and battle floaters (yay?). If that sounds like a lot, it's really not.

Make those two fixes, and I'll put Carnimal in. Mmkay?

Posting to say that I have met the given requirements for Carnimals to be accepted in. Spell has HOPT and all effects that Special summon from deck now also limit those special summoned monster from attacking. This is the archetype I am most proud of, tbh.

Carnimals have been added, as have Frightfurs, and I am just going to do the following in regards to Quasar/Shooting Star:

AGM members have 12 hours. I will check this thread after my breakfast tomorrow, at 9:30 AM PST, to offer any objection to their inclusion. Otherwise, they will both appear in the AGM. I'm done mentally debating, so it's just going to happen unless someone outright fights against it.

Updated queue:

Infernity (2/3 - Eshai, Kyumi)

Raidraptor (2/3 - Kyumi, Draconus)

Amazoness, bar "Amazoness Archer" (1/3 - Draconus)

Phantom Knights (1/3 - Draconus)

I'm going to vote approval of them, because Shooting Star isn't really that busted (if at all) and Quasar is only a pain because of the Librarian and other loops. (Also because I am probably going to be asleep at this time). If I haven't already said this outside the club, my timezone is HST (GMT - 10:00) and constant all year. 

Also vote on PK. 

So, I'm gonna try something new here... I'm assuming this is how it works at least. I am taking an archetype from the Archetype game and making it an actual archetype. I am doing the Cemetarians. When they are done, I just post them here and we vote on them, correct?

You have over a thousand prompts to choose from (well, maybe a bit less if we exclude the ones already taken over the years, but yeah). There should be stuff you can do (even if a couple have Links), but it's up to you to find them. 

And yes, someone needs to update the game thread. 

====

(Also still working on my back projects; I may decide to expand the World Chalice thing a bit [well, since the idea got fleshed out partly in the game thread and I made a Normal monster to open the backstory]. Won't be posted in here for obvious reasons)

The fact that you can say "over the years" about the AGM's history makes me feel old, if I'm perfectly honest. "Get off mah lawn, whippersnappers!"

Also, maybe we could do an equivalent lore to something like Gagagigo or DT with AGM cards? I mean, the Aeons have their own story (and the Fusions, Synchro, and Xyz are all on branching timelines), Des-Draco were designed as a villainous archetype for a wider plot (and their support supports this), and the Sacred Tome cards have their own basic plot that intersects with Lady of the Night Sky, the entire Spellbound/Mellaxis double archetype, and a few other random cards.

Well, we're 2 years old now, so...

But as for the storyline thing, we could, but it's more difficult to do that because a lot of us don't use pictures (and that usually tells a better story). All of my Archetypes kinda don't have a storyline, and me going on Mekkmarinas (which are Link-based) will likely be the first one with an actual theme.

Archived