Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

A group of Level 8 Plant-Type monsters that are notable for giving Plants in general a solid Xyz pool, even though most of them don't effectively Special Summon themselves (that's what Lonefire is for). They're also abused as Level Eater fodder in certain Synchro variants, but we never added Level Eater.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would recommend against Level Eater, if only because it is the single biggest enabler for Synchro spam Decks in existence. There's a reason that it is in almost every Quasar spam Deck, and why people often question whether or not it should be banned.

I'm not saying no, I'm saying that the debate exists for a reason.

Oh, I agree. Level Eater is very fun to use. The problem is that it can do a lot of things in very little time, even here- Morale Dragon, for instance, can discard it to Summon itself, it revives itself, Synchro 5. Then, if whatever Synchro you made was a Dragon, you get two extra Morale Dragon from your Deck, and that's a combo you can make without your Normal Summon.

Speaking of "Eaters", though, I'd like to request Trap Eater and Eater of Millions.

As for Level Eater, yeah, I'm pretty firmly against it coming in here.

By the by, how are we in hand traps? If we don't have them, I'd like to request Effect Veiler and Ghost Ogre for their utility.

I'll vote to keep Level Eater out for the time being (well, unless we add an errata'd version with a hard OPT). At the time of its inception, it wasn't as abusable; now we got Quasar and other sheet. 

While we're at it, just add the Ghost Girls

- Yuki Usagi

- Fuyu Sakura

- Haru Urara

(I cbb to remember the English names, but you know what they are)

Veiler and Ogre are both already in, as is D.D. Crow. I've been debating Winter Cherries for a while, and I'm just not feeling the addition of Ash Blossom, especially because we already have our own set of handtraps, the "Incredibly Disturbing" monsters- Wasp shuts down anything that adds a card to a player's hand, I'm pretty sure Child stops effects that send cards to the Graveyard (including as cost), and I forget exactly what Incredibly Disturbing Ghost does.

But sure, Trap Eater and Eater of Millions.

EDIT: As of checking, Incredibly Disturbing Wasp negates any effect that adds a card(s) to a player's hand, including as cost. Child does the same for any effect that sends a card(s) to the Graveyard without discarding or destroying it, and Ghost negates effects that banish things from the Graveyard.

I made a Scrap-Iron archetype for the DPR, and that kinda led to me questioning how I post archetypes. Since I'm a member here, should I add both club tags, or one or the other?

Just mark it as [DPR / AGM] if you want, though I will need to reiterate that if you guys don't have the Legacy tag up, it will be graded under VRAINS standards.

Or just tag it when you make the thread.

It was made to work in either/or (as most of my archetypes try to do) so it should be fine. The DPR though is Link Format though since the idea was to keep the tournaments modern, so I guess I just won't post the Archetypes with Links here.

It was made to work in either/or (as most of my archetypes try to do) so it should be fine. The DPR though is Link Format though since the idea was to keep the tournaments modern, so I guess I just won't post the Archetypes with Links here.

You can leave the Links in the thread if you want to, but just spoiler them (or separate them) because a certain person had issues when Links were not separated from the rest of the non-VRAINS stuff. 

That is, if the Archetype can function in both formats without wording problems.

That works out fine, though for AGM purposes, Main Monster Zone is still plain Monster Card Zone.

Then again, I know I wrote the prompt for X-Gears which technically bypass the new rules on the EMZ by Synchro Summoning from GY; think anime Gofu. Those can work in either format with similar results (no one has made them yet). But we have a few users who are going to complain "but why are you trying to break Link format or work around the new rules" if it goes up. I've seen one or two make a note about this about singles (though not one of you).

I think it only matters if you Special Summon from the Extra Deck. If you Synchro Summon a monster from the GY then I think you can place it in a Main Monster Zone earlier. 

I think I mentioned an idea once where an archetype would have Contact Fusions that could Fusion Summon themselves from the GY, and then also have some Extra Deck milling to support this. I figure they would be Dragons now since Cyberdark synergy is never a bad idea.

Btw, should we have a 1 vote process for getting a series in? I've just been dumping them in generics, but some are really on-the-nose in terms of what they work with (the Chemistry Dinos as an example).

Also, I'm looking to do a prompt for an underrepresented type in the AGM. Any suggestions?

I think it only matters if you Special Summon from the Extra Deck. If you Synchro Summon a monster from the GY then I think you can place it in a Main Monster Zone earlier. 

I think I mentioned an idea once where an archetype would have Contact Fusions that could Fusion Summon themselves from the GY, and then also have some Extra Deck milling to support this. I figure they would be Dragons now since Cyberdark synergy is never a bad idea.

Yeah, the new rules only lock stuff from the Extra Deck. If you Synchro from the GY, then you can still play them in the MMZ. That's what X-Gears are intended to do.

As for Tinkerer, Cyberse are still new so we haven't fleshed them out. Other than that, need to look at the Types we already got. I know for certain Dragon, Fiend and Spellcaster (I think) are taken care of. Beasts might want something, but...

If you would make Cyberse monsters for the AGM, I suggest replacing the Link monsters with just Contact Fusions with effects that care about columns and "adjacent" zones. Otherwise, just them how you would Machines because these are what they are to Machines as Wyrms are to Dragons (Konami just wanted another Typing that they can make similar looking artwork for so 1 typing wouldn't become oversaturated)

In terms of representation, here's what I know we have a lot of:

●There are, unsurprisingly, a lot of Dragons, both generic and in archetypes- Sandragon, Steel Dragons, Wyvernite, Jurassic Dragons, Fiendrache, Malefics . . .

●I'm the only one doing Reptiles, but with Worms, Venom, Sorcery Hydras, Fungal Serpents, and Vigilizards holding the archetypal positions and a small group of generics, the Type is doing better here than in the actual game.

●Spellcasters are doing very well for themselves generically, but have few archetypes dedicated to them. Shaddolls, Dynamages, and Dark Magician make up the bulk of the Spellcaster archetype core.

●Fiends are practically over-represented, with additions from myself and Nyx making up most of the Type, and Brimstone is pretty damned huge (with some pretty decent standings vis-a-vis being competitively viable).

●We absolutely, positively do not need more Warriors for the moment, except to close holes in archetypes. D-Order would be enough for one day, but there's the original Elemental HERO Normal monsters (plus Wildheart and Prisma), Amazoness, Phantom Knights, Noble Knights, Malicious Empire, Fatedge, Lone Star, and a lot more beyond that.

●Rocks have some good support going for them, and a few good archetypes, but nothing particularly stands out.

●Plants are very solid now thanks to us having most of the ingredients for Plant Synchro, the Princesses, some rather extensive Aroma support, Lonefire Blossom, Barrk, and Predaplants.

●If you're making Machines, they'd better be Black Salvo targets. Otherwise, we've got you covered: CyDra, Speedroids, Junk/Jet, Steel Dragons, BlasterCube, Trains, Gadgets, VWXYZ, parts of the Ancient Gear lineup, etc.

●Beasts, again, are doing rather well generically, but have few archetypes to their name- Darkhorse is a mix of Beasts, Winged Beasts, and Beast-Warriors, Hearts Riding Club is half Beast . . . and I think Show Jumpers might be Beasts.

●Fairies are actually doing alright in terms of archetypes (although I've been toying with the idea of Agents and Cloudians for a while, I'm not going to say we need either), but we don't have anything solid in the way of good generic Fairies- likely because everyone is scared of making something that breaks Bells of Ceremony (search 2 Level 4 Fairies) or does something dumb with Valhalla.

●Psychics have some good representation, but not much beyond Gusto and a few random generics. Quality high, quantity low.

●Beast-Warriors are lacking in the archetype department (Lunalights and Amazoni stepping on one another's toes aside, we have Fire Fists and Wildlings), but they've got some pretty good generic support.

Anything else is comparatively rare.

Thanks for the correction, Sakura.

I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that I did add as many Konami Cyberse that have nothing to do with Links as possible (Cyberse Gadget, Cyberse Wizard, Kleinant, Bitron, etc.)

Also, I've pretty much just been adding everything that was confirmed for DP19, except Gun Cannon Shot (I'm just waiting on its inevitably censored TCG name), the Ojama support (because we don't have Ojamas), and Parasite Paranoid (because . . . I actually forgot what it does).

Parasite Paranoid (because . . . I actually forgot what it does).

Parasite Paranoid

Earth Insect / Effect

LV2 500/300

You can only use this card name's (1) effect once per turn.

(1) (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster; equip this card from your hand to that target. Its Type becomes Insect, it cannot attack Insect monsters, and negate all of its activated effects that target Insect monsters.

(2) If this Equip Card is sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 Level 7 or higher Insect monster from your hand, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Hope that helps.

Oh, that's pretty harmless. That's in. I also went to the liberty of adding Sangan and Witch of the Black Forest, because post-errata and without Links they're rather harmless, plus I just realized that we have rando support for non-Effect Fusions (hi, Sanwitch!).

Also, 5 days remain before Halloween, when the October Challenge- and its 1000 Points- expire! If you want to make a Deck for the October AGM Deck Challenge, you need to hurry!

Also also, I have been thinking of making a little contest for people to design support for the series/mini-archetypes in Generics. So far, I was thinking of "Morphbrother/Morphsister", "Wildling", the "Rail" Normal Traps (and "Rail Cannon Delinquent"), "Dame of the Sacred Tome", "Veldaion", and "Dragonna-bugeisha" for being eligible, but that's a few too many for a contest to encompass. Anyone want to pick up one of those?

Archived