Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Do remember that those two are not your only options; in terms of a basic rundown, MagnaDrive/MagnaDisk is DARK Machines that just make increasingly bigger bosses every turn by repeatedly Summoning the same Level 2 Normal monster in multiples, Dragonna-bugeisha is focused on making their boss (the series' namesake) essentially immortal and with constantly changing effects, and Wiretug is the best Flip archetype ever. The three I just ran down are also all arguably ready for Links due to just throwing ridiculous numbers on the board if you're playing them right.

Also, @@Dova mind showing us the prompt for Terriforment? Trying to make sure I do proper list hits in case something idiotic happens.

The card creator challenge, option #4, is proving ridiculous to word in a way that doesn't lead to one of a few specific things happening.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to Djinn Nekroz meets Tramids.

This DARK archetype based on fear itself is very Field Spell focused, with several different ones that it has access to . . . each with exactly 3 effects. Why 3? Because they also have a terrible trinity of Ritual bosses based on the grand-daddies of fear: Death, isolation, and fear itself. Each of these bosses has, as the first line of their effect text (except the whole Ritual Summon conditions thing), "This monster gains the (insert number here) effect of all "Terriform" Field Spell Cards in your Graveyard". Of course, this means that "Terriforming Entity of Inherent Terror" can (fittingly) Ritual Summon the other two bosses . . . because, surprise surprise, they have a Field Spell that can do that. Their archetype is actually surprisingly consistent, too, given that they have an Orphrys Scorpio, a Stratos, multiple pseudo-Shurits . . . And their Ritual Spells can banish themselves to search each other, and when they do, something else happens.

Then, of course, while the terrible trio are their big bosses, they aren't their only Rituals, and you get all kinds of powerful effects among them . . . including one that acts as a one-sided Necroface, taking away all the penalty of banishing your Ritual Spells.

Then, the Field Spells . . . utterly hate your opponent getting to play YGO. Stat boosts, protection, locking out the ED, standing in for Dark Law, Malefic World, Geartown, Chain Energy, automatically hitting each player with Card Destruction during their Standby Phase . . .

Do you fear power? Terriform breathe it. They feed on it. They love it.

Don't have the OP, but here you go.

I want to request adding Neo-Spacians to the pool (we already got Neos for the most part). Konami apparently isn't going to make good stuff for them, so...do it ourselves. As they are, they're not going to break anything in AGM. 

Also the queue right now, not counting the above.

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)
lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/4 - Nyx, Dova)
Yosenju (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)
Qli, bar Genius (2/3 - Dova, Sakura)
Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)
Thunder Dragon (2/3 - Tinkerer, Sakura)
Iron Chain (1/3 - Tinkerer)

Though with Tinkerer being gone for an indefinite time, if Neo-Spacians are taking 4 votes to get in, then yeah, it's gonna require the rest of you to approve it. (i.e. Draco and I would both have to approve Lswarms to get it in).

Yeah, Neo-Spacians are fine. They're pretty helpless, all things considered, even with Nebula Neos as a pretty absurd boss- even if I imported that four-card support lineup I made months ago.

Since I will be importing it, though, I will warn everyone that "Contact" S/T are searchable on a turn-by-turn basis; also, a card being shuffled into the Deck sets off a search on the Neo Space retrain.

Shouldn't be too bad, but yeah, if we're all okay with it (barring Tinkerer, but the 4 of us approving it should be enough otherwise). 

Ah yes, I'm going to make a thread about this soon (and you can render more detailed opinions), but you guys want the Archetype Game thread moved to Card Workshop and post count retroactively added?

=====

Right...and iirc I think Draco said that whoever solves that riddle in sig before August 25th today gets to decide next group archetype (or randomly picked afterwards; well, it's between Dova and I right now as Tinkerer is again on indefinite hiatus). 

As per a randomizer, I rolled a 3. (In this case, I was a value of 1, Sakura was 2, Dova was 3, and Nyx was 4). @@Dova chooses the next group prompt.

Given that we only have 4 active members, likely to soon be 5 or 6 (we already have one entry!), each member is permitted up to 5 cards in whatever archetype prompt Dova chooses to create.

So, I'm going to post my five-card-support-thing here. As Draconus said, Cuneiforment had small space for improvement, but I did stuff for that archetype anyways.

Cuneiforment Phalanx

Level 8

EARTH/Rock/Synchro/Effect

1 Rock Tuner+ 1+ Non-Tuners

When this card is Synchro Summoned: change all your face-up monsters to Defence position. While all monsters adjacent to this card are in Defence position: this card can't be destroyed by battle.

If a "Cuneiforment" monster you control changes position: you can tribute that card, then inflict damage to your opponent LP equal to the destroyed monster's ATK. When this card leaves the field: you can special summon a number of "Cuneiforment" monsters from your GY up to the number of "Cuneiforment" monsters used as material for this card's Synchro summoning, except "Cuneiforment Phalanx".

2500 ATK/ 3000 DEF

Cuneiforment Lackey

Level 4

EARTH/Rock/Effect

When this card is summoned: you can change this card's position, draw 1 card then send one "Cuneiforment" monster from your deck to the GY. This card can't attack when it's the only face-up monster you control. Once per turn: you can discard this card, then add one "Cuneiforment" Spell/Trap card from your GY to your hand. When a Rock monster is summoned from your Extra Deck: you can add this card to your hand.

1000 ATK/ 1500 DEF

Cuneiforment Gardna

Rank 4

EARTH/Rock/Xyz/Effect

3 Rock level 4 monsters.

This card can only be summoned in Defence position. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can detach one Xyz material, then select one other card on the field; for the rest of the turn that card can't be destroyed or be banished by card effects, but it can't declare an attack. If this card with attached Xyz Material is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or card effect): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, then, immediately after this effect resolves; Xyz Summon 1 Rank 4 or lower Rock-Type Xyz monster from your Graveyard or Extra Deck, using this card as Material.

0 ATK/ 3000 DEF

Cuneiforment Writings

Normal Trap

When one or more "Cuneiforment" monster(s) is destroyed by battle or by card effect or sent from the field to the GY by an opponent's card effect: gain LP equal to half the total ATK of those monsters. When you would take effect or battle damage, you can banish this card from your GY: all damage you take for the rest of the turn is halved.

Cuneiforment Ziggurat

Field Spell

All "Cuneiforment" monsters in Attack position gain ATK equal to their level x100. All "Cuneiforment" in Defence position can't be destroyed by card effects. If a monster's battle position is changed: draw 1 card, then discard 1 card. Once per turn: you can send one "Cuneiforment" monster from your Deck to the GY, then special summon one "Cuneiforment" monster from the GY, except the monster you sent there by this effect. You can banish this card from the GY: shuffle all the cards in your GY into youd Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Cuneiforment Ziggurat" only once per duel.

So, here's the stuff for the challenge. Hope it's functional and works well.

Hopefully it's generally workable within the confines of this club (though I'm probably going to assume the potential members have a generally okay opinion about MR4 and stuff, even while Links and MR4 stuff are barred in here). 

Though with the acceptance thing for new members, it's also expected you at least contribute somewhat to projects and all. You don't have to memorize every single card we have in here (as the pool is legitimately massive; even more than the OCG one with all old Vanillas considered), but in the context of the entry contests, your stuff will be graded on how it interacts with things. This does include some of the random generics too.

===

As far as projects go, I'm still undecided on in-club stuff at the moment, barring legacy support. Most of my cardmaking time nowadays is being geared towards MR4 because there's only so much ARC-V design that can be done in an era where the Extra Monster Zone is a thing / Links exist. Again, this is not another pitch to push AGM into accepting Link format (so don't read it as such), however at the present time, AGM is the only group still using the LEGACY tag and designing as such. Nothing wrong with it because MR4 didn't sit well with a lot of people, and still doesn't a year later, but as the site's moving on to MR4, yeah, just don't expect other members to really look at it. 

No, this isn't another push to just accept Links in here; rather, just some notes on where the club is now in keeping to the current format. Do not treat it as a push.

===

For the Archetype game being moved (and CC getting a Decklist area), I suppose the Deckbuilding challenges for the club can then expand to the latter (and whatever else comes up). I don't have a definitive ETA on when the changes will take effect, but looks like they will happen.

As for Surraco, well, hopefully you get an idea before deadline.

So, tomorrow is September 1st, so I'll put up the September challenge now:

You think school and the beginning of depressing old Autumn drains your will to live? Think about how bad it is for the monsters! This is a challenge all about stat drainage and boosts: cripple your opponent's monsters' ability to fight, and make your own into massive behemoths! Note that you must include support for both goals in your Deck.

Also, starting the Lotus archetype: (p. 61)

Lotus. Kind of like the Rose mosnters, these Plant-types have a focus on healing and protecting rather than destruction and pain. They use Fusions, one of their best of which is Lotus Warrior, a Fusion version of Junk Warrior who powers up on vengeance for her fallen friends. Then they have Lotus Dragon, who grants everything immunity to destruction and breathes life into the wilted Lotuses. Loti? I dunno, but whatever it's called, they have a lot of them, and they all support their Fusions massively with graveyard effects. Kind of a "cycle of life" thing.

And now with the new Deck area for CC, you guys really have a choice about whether you post the list in here or in there. Same would apply once AGM ever gets an "established" format and whatnot.

(Though, nothing's stopping you from posting your lists outside the Deck challenges or whatnot; might as well see how good of a Deck we can build from our card pool.)

===

To be honest (in terms of the new candidates), I think Dante's probably going to contribute more to AGM (and YCM by extension), at least given activity. No offense to Uggla6, but activity's kinda sporadic looking at posting history. We already culled a few members due to inactivity or a handful quit on their own after realizing their own activity levels.  

Obviously, this will hinge on how Draco feels about their stuff in August, but just an observation.

Buffing your own monsters and siphoning your opponent's monsters' stats, yes. Needed to clarify this.

Anyway, you don't just have to use the Generics thread. Fungal Serpents and Immolancients do a lot of stat drainage, Rocknights make themselves very very big, a lot of Dragonna-bugeisha's support helps make your opponent's monsters tiny.

Archived