Girl encourages boyfriend to commit suicide.

~NOiSE~

Read it, wish I hadn't because I feel I've just witnessed a murder. "involuntary manslaughter" doesn't really suffice since the intent was clearly to end his life, accessory to murder or even murder would be a more accurate charge. Pretty ridiculous and pretty sick.

I haven't read it and I don't really want to....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, if it wasn't illegal, I'd kill her myself. And I'm sure a lot of people would do the same.

This is just absolutely sick. It's taking standard manipulative behavior to a really funking large extreme. Like what the actual funk. At least this Conrad guy was semi-smart and didn't actually delete his messages. This entire situation makes you wonder if he actually had depression or if she convinced him he did.

I believe he definitely had some amount of depression and anxiety; otherwise he would've been as impressionable. People of sound mental health would see what she was doing right away, but he never got the picture. He obviously had a level of trust with her that he didn't share with others since she was the only one he reached out to (makes sense, they were in a relationship), which only serves to disgust me more seeing how she took advantage of him to such an extreme degree.

A lot of the people in the comments appeared to have had the same idea; either she gets killed in prison or they manually do it themselves.

Though, if they did opt for death wishes on her for what she did here, it'd be no different than that incident with the lion.

But like I mentioned earlier, it indeed is disgusting that she forced her boyfriend to do this, for the sake of attention.

Read it, wish I hadn't because I feel I've just witnessed a murder. "involuntary manslaughter" doesn't really suffice since the intent was clearly to end his life, accessory to murder or even murder would be a more accurate charge. Pretty ridiculous and pretty sick.

Given circumstances, I would agree that a murder charge is better fitted in here than the manslaughter one. 

I wish I didn't read this article either, but what's done is done.

No, no, having her dead isn't quite the best solution to this.

Feed the attention - and the subsequent backlash. With the truth out, the detractors will quickly far outweigh the supporters.

Then the harassment pours in like a flood. With knowledge of her face, the bad rep will spread outside the internet, seeping into her social life. People she once called "friends" will disappear, not wanting anything to do with her, knowing what she willingly did.

She will be swimming in attention - the one nobody wants to ever receive. It will break her, make her wish she was dead. But it won't physically kill her.

Yes, I'm certain this has gone beyond justice and into catharsis.

http://m.smh.com.au/world/i-can-go-to-jail-michelle-carters-text-to-friend-about-conrad-roy-suicide-messages-20150831-gjc5nj.html

This just makes it even more clear that she's completely funked up. Defence argument is horrible to read as well, even if it only gets 4 or 5 lines in the article.

What the funk is this sheet.

Is this jabroni actually serious about the bullshit she's spewing out of her mouth?

What the f*** is this s***.

Is this b**** actually serious about the bullshit she's spewing out of her mouth?

I don't think it has ever been more accurate to say a jabroni is a jabroni. This really just disgusts me the more I read it and can't begin to describe how disgusted I feel. Screw her dying though, I want to see this jabroni get charged and get a taste of her own medicine. Have her death wishes shoved down her throat, have her live through it as she attempts to defend herself helplessly, that's funking justice.

> having her die

That's too good for her.

She should get to realize just how much of a deep sheet she gets in when she - damn well should - lose the case and suffer years of stigma for the rest of her life, extreme prejudice against hiring her, completely outcast by almost any normal person probably, and gets into that kind of sheet.

Her attorney argues, however, that the charges should be dropped because Carter's messages are protected by free speech.

According to attorney Joseph P. Cataldo, Carter was "brainwashed" into supporting Roy's plan for suicide.

"He ultimately persuaded a young, impressionable girl," Caldato told reporters, according to South Coast Today. "Eventually he gets her to endorse his plan."

Um excuse me good sir, but do you even have an ounce of shame left in your body?

Seriously, this is some of the most insulting and sick sheet I've read in quite a while, and, quick question, if her messages are, infact, protected by free speech (which it isnt), why would she insist on the messages being deleted?! She knew she was in the wrong but wanted to cover her tracks incase the authorities got involved.

And how in the hell did he "brainwash" her. Someone tell me please

He repeatedly kept pushing it up, he wasnt gonna go through with it untill she, step by step, worked up a response he liked on everything that held him back. And, as someone who's been suicidal, I can honestly say that is the. worst. POSSIBLE. thing you can do. Also, let's not forget, HE WANTED TO ABORT, YET SHE TOLD HIM TO GO THROUGH WITH IT. SHE TOLD HIM IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD TO KILL HIMSELF

If she got tired of him constantly talking about wanting to kill himself, she should've gotten him help, not funking pushed him into actually taking his life

Boy does this whole case infuriate me to a whole new level

> depressed guy

> girl insists on trying to get the guy to kill himself

> guy is guilty for brainwashing her with her depression to make her tell him that

> apparently it's his plan

wat

Just goes to show that the defence is desperate for anything usable.

Seriously, the logical leap they're making is enough to take gold in mental gymnastics

Can we also just note that we know nothing more other than the funking text conversation? Yes, this is sickening, but there is so much more to a story than what takes place over text.

Believe me, I actually kinda do want some context here, like in the way of her not actually believing that he would infact kill himself no matter what, but it the reason I'm particularly raw in my reaction is I know for a fact that the sheet she said to him are among the worst possible words you can give to a suicidal person (and she knew he was suicidal!) unless you're actively trying to make them kill themself. I mean ffs, she actively helped plan out how he'd go about killing himself then told him plainly to go through with it when he wanted to abort

If someone had acted like her to me when I was feeling suicidal, especially a SO, I would deffinetely not be here today.

Believe me, I actually kinda do want some context here, like in the way of her not actually believing that he would infact kill himself no matter what, but it the reason I'm particularly raw in my reaction is I know for a fact that the sheet she said to him is among the worst possible words you can give to a suicidal person (and she knew he was suicidal!) unless you're actively trying to make them kill themself. I mean ffs, she actively helped plan out how he'd go about killing himself then told him plainly to go through with it when he wanted to abort

If someone had acted like her to me when I was feeling suicidal, especially a SO, I would deffinetely not be here today.

I honestly have my share of attempted suicides, and I have said that the only reason I stopped attempting them was because I failed at killing myself. When I was depressive, I have heard the "you should go kill yourself" speech, and that was a common occurrence. I can see it from a perspective if I heard it from someone I trusted that much, and I know how it must look. I don't doubt that it did happen like this and I don't doubt that it could've been a different story in retrospective worlds.

I just don't deem anything until there is more to the story, maybe her own personal statement spoken and not written on a damn text message.

I am all for the benefit of the doubt and innocent until proven otherwise, which is why I am saying that I want the whole damn story here.

*snip*

Please, thrill me here for a second, what possible reason do you think she could have to justify having, in detail, planned out a way that he could kill himself quickly and painlessly. Convinced him that his family and friends wont take his death so hard, that life ultimately goes on and that she'll be there as his guardian angel, aswell as that "everything is gonna get better in heaven". Oh and lets not forget pushed him time and time and time again to go through with it instead of, you know, getting him some funking help.

And last but not least told him to get back in there once the CO started taking effect and he wanted to abort.

And to be honest, as far as I'm concerned the "You should go kill yourself" speech is really not a fair comparison here, considering she didnt just say "Well come on then, if you feel so bad then kill yourself", no she laid out a detailed plan on how to do it quick and painlessly, assured him his suicide wouldnt haunt his friends and family, and then made sure that he'd go through with it. So no, do not put yourself into the shoes of hearing "kill yourself" from a loved one, because that is a gross oversimplicfication of what happened here

Please, thrill me here for a second, what possible reason do you think there could be for her to, in detail, plan out a way that he could kill himself quickly and painlessly. Convince him that his family and friends wont take his death so hard and that life ultimately goes on, aswell as that "everything is gonna get better in heaven". Oh and lets not forget pushing him time and time and time again to go through with it instead of, you know, getting him some funking help.

And to be honest, as far as I'm concerned the "You should go kill yourself" speech is really not a fair comparison here, considering she didnt just say "Well come on then, if you feel so bad then kill yourself", no she laid out a detailed plan on how to do it quick and painlessly, assured him his suicide wouldnt haunt his friends and family, and then made sure that he'd go through with it. So no, do not put yourself into the shoes of hearing "kill yourself" from a loved one, because that is a gross oversimplicfication of what happened here

I don't know the possible story, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Seriously, it is the black goose theory that you guys so easily follow. I am not going to create an assumption to falsify a story that we have only a glimmer at. I agree that he was forced to commit suicide, manipulated. But there is the opposite part: What caused her to do so, and we don't know about that story. Stop sticking your head up your ass and framing this girl until we have more of a source to claim her. Maybe her confession, her actual side of the story that we don't have.

Also, I never compared the "go kill yourself" phrase to this, either. I juxtaposed the power of the lines and the effect it has from someone you don't know compared to someone who is a significant other. This was pure manipulation for him to commit suicide. That much is true, but that is only limited on to half of the story: not the main background of it.

I don't know the possible story, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Seriously, it is the black goose theory that you guys so easily follow. I am not going to create an assumption to falsify a story that we have only a glimmer at. I agree that he was forced to commit suicide, manipulated. But there is the opposite part: What caused her to do so, and we don't know about that story. Stop sticking your head up your ass and framing this girl until we have more of a source to claim her. Maybe her confession, her actual side of the story that we don't have.

Honestly.... I dont care. Unless she can prove that she never expected him to go through with it (in which case I'll still question why the hell she helped plan it and made damn sure that he'd go through with it) there's nothing in my mind that could justify her having done this, and because of that, as far as I'm concerned, her side of the story really doesnt matter here.

If you choose to see my head inside my ass, then go right the funk ahead, but I reserve the right to call you blind, and as far as I'm concerned the only thing left to her story is her sentence. She used his own death, that she caused, to try and get publicity for herself, to get attention. No one with such a callous disregard for human life, is worth respect in my books

Archived