YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 6

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the Round 4 matches are up, and well Sandshrew got dealt a pretty hard match.

Then again, I would probably say that it got itself tangled in a match between Nai and Zyg/Yui (Altaria/Hydreigon respectively); you get the point though.

(It's not a YMB in disguise, but Altaria/Hydreigon are associated with those members, so that's why it's been said.)

If you guys want, we can start doing hypothetical matches again for losers in Round 3; you know, for redemption of sorts, I guess.

Choosing from R3, since less candidates to go through [i think there were 18 Pokes that didn't make the cut at that time, so yeah we can probably start doing those later]

For now, Latias and Xerneas have a lead in their fights.

Rayquaza is losing by one at the moment, but again still early.

We know Vaporeon won GPT 3 (I think) and Zigzagoon was 4th one.

Second one was probably Rayquaza or something (not nominated by me, if I remember).

----

As for Sandshrew, for now, its time may be up in this round, but we'll probably get a surprise upset in a couple days.

This marks the end of Round 4 of the tournament.

Looks like I was right about Sandshrew dying this round, Altaria beat it (though it also slashed Hydreigon as it went down).

Anyway, remaining nomination for Round 5 and bingo book.

[spoiler=Nominations (2/16)]

Latias

Xerneas

[spoiler=Bingo Book]

Masquerain

Lilligant

(I'm removing Altaria for now)

----

I suspect that a couple 'mons are getting black marks after this.

I lost Rayquaza in a close one, but other two nominations survived with a good margin.

There are no ties this round, so Round 5 will be simple 1v1 fights.

Let's see here...

Glaceon

Latias

Jirachi

Xerneas

Dragonite

Masquerain

Lilligant

Altaria

1 Kanto 'mon, 0 Johto 'mons, 4 Hoenn 'mons, 1 Sinnoh 'mon, 1 Unova 'mon and 1 Kalos 'mon.

Well, I'm donion rings, lost my two remaining nominations and their assassins gain black marks against them. Only one 'mon on my kill list was killed which means that a 'mon on my kill list is guaranteed a slot in the semi-finals.

[spoiler=Kill list for the rest of the tournament (5)]

Lilligant

Glaceon

Dragonite

Altaria

Jirachi

Sandshrew is off my list (so Arcanine has been avenged), but Masquerain got a black mark.

At least Latias got to Round 5 this time, as opposed to being wiped during the prelims last tournament.

---------

As for the matches, indeed you're probably going to get at least 1 going on to the semis (but let's see if they get killed off by the other 'mons that are not on your list).

Well, I know one of the non-kill list 'mons you don't care for.

Yeah, Masquerain is outclassed by other viable Bug-types as far as Smogon logic goes [and indeed, 4x weakness to Rocks coupled with its stats does it no favors]. That explains why it's not going any higher than NU.

Out of fairness, I only have one for Pokedex reasons, but that's it.

Then again, a good chunk of Bugs aren't great in fights anyway. Scizor, Scyther, Volcarona, Heracross [i think] and a few others are exceptions to that rule. Beedrill falls on the good list as of this generation.

However, this tournament is basically a popularity contest, so if people like the others for design, even if they can't hold their own in OU and stuff, then there's not much we can do about it.

----

Ah yes, I should have the Round 5 matches up in a day or so.

Might want to think about how we'll incorporate hypotheticals (or in this case, redemption fights), if any.

Don't think we've had any controversial matches since GPT 2 [after that incident with Blaziken], so yeah probably no need.

(Although, depending on how things go, we might be done with the tournament before Halloween.)

RNG no longer has any nominations left though, so from this point onward, it's all member stuff.

Round 5 is up, and RNG decides to somewhat piss me off one last time.

Silver lining is that I'll have one nomination guaranteed at least a bronze medal, but other might die.

We'll see though.

-------------

No, I didn't forget about this in the midst of Halloween.

You can probably blame having to start things and answer questions, among other academic crap.

Round 5 is up, and RNG decides to somewhat piss me off one last time.

Silver lining is that I'll have one nomination guaranteed at least a potential bronze medal, but other might die.

I suppose having 2 noms fight in this late stage isn't that bad imo. also, potential bronze.

Though that match was probs my toughest vote, not that tough in retrospect, but the others were easier choices for me given circumstances n' junk.

Well, I probably might not do a 3rd place match, so whoever gets through this round alive is guaranteed at least bronze.

Don't think we had a third place match since GPT 2/3 or something. (Trying to remember if Yui did one)

But yeah, that's the only match that didn't have a 'mon on your kill list.

----

5-2 and 5-4 were black marked vs regular marked.

I remember the BS I pulled in a previous GPT where Volcarona burned the other bronze medals because it got more votes than the other semi-final losers, ofc I know it's only head-canon in my eyes, but hey.

5-2 and 5-4 were black marked vs regular marked.

It would've been tougher if Altaria and Lilligant duked it out tbh.

Looking like a tough one for my nominations.

Also saying it now but I'd like to try and host the next one of these if that's okay. Probably wouldn't be for a few months at least.

And another thing, I was thinking, once we have 8 champions we could do a mini-tournament of champions. ^^ 4 matches of 1v1, no ties allowed, that kinda deal.

Archived