YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 6

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, that's two of my three remaining nominations down now. I have to pin my hopes on Jirachi to carry the team's weight. Also I've discovered KLs make me even more upset when a nomination falls. :(

A couple of my marks went down too, so there's that at least.

Sakura: Well Sethera, you're moving on, but nomination isn't. How does this make you feel?

Pretty crummy, actually. I feel like I worked against myself here. Not sure if I'll be able to put myself on the KL, though.

I lost Lugia against Froslass, though one of the votes was up to luck.

Otherwise, it might have very well been a tie if things swung in its favor.

Me vs Zextra shouldn't have been anything new.

(Yeah, you know this as Latias vs Milotic, although I tried to keep it minimal as opposed to the other instances from previous tournaments; hence nothing related to CC.)

I won though, but it was a close one.

Yeah, I'm surprised that the RNG still has a nom in this tbh

As for the first batch, overall it was pretty sheet, even though 3 of my kill list were killed (including Aggron), I lost Feraligatr (thus Altaria enters the kill list), and the worst part is that as-is (at time of posting) the rest of my nominations are losing as well, so by the end of the round I could have ZERO nominations left. 

3-10 and 3-12 are indeed your closest bets at this time.

I could just change/withdraw my votes in there, and that should force a tie for both of them at the end (however, that only works if things remain as they are, or stay relatively close in terms of vote deficits).

If I switch 3-12, then scores should be 3-3.

----

Again though, it's iffy, because there's certainly going to be more votes in the coming days.

But yeah, Goodra is kind of screwed.

If I didn't change my vote, Gardevoir would be off of that list, but Xerneas would've been.

But yeah, at least both move on, and I don't get any stuff going on kill lists.

(Well, Rayquaza might, but I don't know)

-----------

[spoiler=Nominations (3/16)]

Latias

Xerneas

Rayquaza

[spoiler=Bingo Book]

Altaria

Sandshrew

Masquerain

Lilligant

I need to look up my bingo book from last round + see who got slashed from it (besides P-Z).

nvm, I found my kill list

My nominations keep ending on BS's kill list; RNG, stop pairing our nominations against each other... -_-

On another note, I'm happy that my remaining 2 nominations have moved on - this round killed off the rest of them, especially Breloom which killed off two of mine at the same time. I am happy with Empoleon moving on though, since I consider that win over Flygon an upset victory (sorry British).

I could imagine Sandshrew winning tbh. After all Zigzagoon did it in GPT 4.

Yeah, though it was still kind of close + apparent hype.

We shall see though.

As a sidenote, as of this match, Zextra, myself and even Nai have ended up on your kill list at least once.

Zex and I are done (and yeah, RNG decided to make the CC mod wars again).

Need to randomize the matches.

If I had the list, I'd do it now, but I'm not at home right now.

Wow, I missed the last batch of matches. It's like the 2nd~3rd time it happens to me. It's my fault for not following this thread for updates, but I guess that a bit more of advertisement wouldn't hurt either; perhaps a daily reminder on the status feed while a poll(s) is open?

Yeah, though it was still kind of close + apparent hype.

We shall see though.

I mean I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be interesting to see another NFE 'mon win.

I am happy with Empoleon moving on though, since I consider that win over Flygon an upset victory.

Technically I would disagree, on the grounds that Empoleon was ahead for pretty much the entire fight.

Technically I would disagree, on the grounds that Empoleon was ahead for pretty much the entire fight.

While this is true, I was referring to how among most people, Flygon is generally considered to be the more popular of the two - as proven by when Flygon won one of the previous GPTs.

That is true, Zex.

I have a better opinion of Flygon than I do of Empoleon, although probably because it's a Dragon type and some other stuff.

Plus, a lot of us really wanted it to get a Mega, but Gamefreak denied us that (for a good reason; artist's block).

Empoleon isn't bad though, but yeah in that match, I voted Flygon because of things.

----

@British: Indeed, it might be interesting, but that depends on how Sandshrew fares against its 4th round competition.

Will fate be nice to it, or shall it sever its strings of life in this tournament once and for all?

I've not set the fights yet, so even I do not know how things will turn out.

Archived