YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 6

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final batch of matches are up.

Lugia advanced, but the other two (Garchomp and Latios) got creamed, though I had suspected they'd probably go out because of kill lists and stuff.

Seth I'd be able to relate once Aggron wins his match as all hope is lost for Celebi and Beedrill, both of them being 6 behind.

Well, it happened (though we all kind of knew the outcome).

Then again, their comrade died too.

You, Zextra, myself and Sethera have all gotten screwed over by the RNG this tournament.

If I post them after I lock all of the previous fights, it does cut off time for voting.

(Takes about 10-20 mins to get them all up [basically c/p'ing + replacing IDs], though some people are already voting while I'm getting them all up)

That's why I do make that announcement afterwards saying that matches are up, even though they are buried under previous batch.

(Or I can just have the threads autolock and I don't formally post to end them, though it's traditional to do so)

That's why I post in this thread after all of the old matches are done, and new ones are up.

I also have the match records for convenience, and to make sure that stuff was done properly.

Why I initially put Excadrill in 2-16 instead of Beedrill, I have no idea [again, probably with the drill bit].

Batch 2 wasn't too great for me. Lost a grand total of four nominations (one I couldn't do anything about), thus 2 more pokemon enter my kill list. (One of which automatically gets a black mark for killing two of my nominations at once). Only had 2 noms advance though, as well as one of my kill list who was lucky to advance through a tie as it was behind for the most part.

Batch 3, my remaining noms are facing an uphill struggle as-is, but I'll have to see IF they make it out at the end.

I lost three Pokes this batch, though two of them got themselves into more trouble than they should've, so I figured they'd go out.

Mewtwo went out, but at least the 'mon responsible for killing its comrade also went out (though I didn't have Giratina on my kill list)

I'll have to decide on certain Pokes on whether/not they enter bingo book, but one is definitive.

Lugia got through without a problem, so that's good.

----

At the moment, my remaining noms are doing OK, but it's still early and we'll have to see how things turn out.

I hate 2-31 though, because it has two of my noms in there (however I can probably take a guess at how it'll end up).

The rest of the Round 2 matches have concluded, thus bringing this round to a close.

I'll be making the R3 matches later.

Batch-wise, Arcanine died (see late vote), so his killer is getting a black mark on it (since it was responsible for another nom's death in the prelims)

I lost Reshiram, but I knew that would happen already (at least Rayquaza's moving on).

Others got through, albeit in ties.

-----

Although I do expect that some kill lists are going to be bulking up after the conclusion of things here. 

All of my remaining nominations are legendaries, so yeah.

But yeah, appears that Rhyhorn managed to force a tie with Yveltal to win it over Volcarona.

Of course, as mentioned earlier, I suspect that some lists will be increasing, but others might go down.

I get some new ones on list, but some go off now that they are gone.

[spoiler=Remaining Nominations (5/16)]

Latias
Lugia
Xerneas
Yveltal
Rayquaza

[spoiler=Bingo Book/Kill List]

Altaria

Sandshrew

Masquerain

Lilligant

Porygon-Z

Feraligatr managed to make it though, sadly for Gallade, as both of his opponents tied, both of them enter my kill list.

Speaking of, Furret was the only combatant from my R2 kill list to make it in this batch, although both it AND Lilligant came from behind to make it through in a last minute tie.

Overall, with the number of deaths I had this round, my kill list DOES increase by 1

[spoiler=Remaining Nominations 5/16]

Feraligatr
Goodra
Gardevoir
Flygon
Hydreigon

[spoiler=Kill List for Round 3 (Currently at 8)]

Lilligant
Furret
Glaceon
Nidoqueen
Aggron
Dragonite
Manectric
Milotic

For reference, Aggron has a black mark for killing both Celebi and Beedrill at once.

You and I both want Lilligant's hide, don't we?

Yup, though if it weren't for its last vote on teh final day, it would've been gone.

And yeah, now Zextra has to deal with being on your kill list.

Of course if it wasn't for its last minute vote on teh last day, it wouldn't be on my Kill List (as it was behind Manectric when I checked yesterday).

The same would apply for Sandshrew if the match ended in a tie.

I'd still want its hide because it was on kill list, but it wouldn't be as bad (and no black marks).

In essence, I suppose you can attribute some of the kill list additions to the last minute voting.

---

Probably thinking of making the matches start/terminate a bit earlier.

Still will be in the evening for me, but a lot easier than waiting until the dead of night.

Of course if it wasn't for its last minute vote on teh last day, it wouldn't be on my Kill List (as it was behind Manectric when I checked yesterday).

It wouldn't have been on your kill list, but it would have been dead - thus, I am grateful for that last vote~

But yeah, this GPT hasn't been great to me either; I've had two matches where my nominations had to kill each other off, and both times they were between some of my favorites (even among my nominations) - Milotic/Lapras, and Dewgong/Empoleon. On another note though, as far as I can see, I'm down to 6 nominations remaining (though I'm a huge supporter of Glaceon, Lilligant, and Feraligatr as well, and I sure wouldn't mind one of them winning):

• Milotic

• Empoleon 

• Luxray

• Nidoqueen

• Kingdra

• Poliwrath - somehow -_-

You know Poliwrath got blacklisted for stuff, right Zex?

But yeah, it had a tough match.

Ah yes, about the Round 3 fights.

I'm going to move them to 9 pm HST (so two hours earlier than usual); still two days, but will be earlier.

Reading the list of matches, RNG has decided to have some scores be settled once and for all (hopefully).

-----

EDIT: All fights for batch 1 are up.

Like I just mentioned now, some fights are ones that RNG would like to see resolved.

(I have a screenshot if you need it)

Archived