Toon Buster Blader

Or, maybe they can go utterly insane with the Fusion mechanic and create Shaddoll-esque Toon Fusions (1 "Toon" monster + 1 (insert Attribute here) monster), and super nostalgia bait with Fusions of cards that are already nostalgia bait (Toon Cyber Blue-Eyes, anyone?).

Toon is a nostalgia bait and silliness archetype. Might as well push that to its logical conclusion.

I... Don't see the point of this card. It's not treated as Buster Blader, right? So there's no use for the fusions...

It... I dunno, I like it, but it kinda looks weird...

So, what's with the all the toons nowadays? And why is Toon Dark Magician not a thing?

One thing I did notice is no one was calling Toon Ancient Gear useless... Is it because of the spell/trap thing, or did people just forget it exists?

I... Don't see the point of this card. It's not treated as Buster Blader, right? So there's no use for the fusions...

It... I dunno, I like it, but it kinda looks weird...

So, what's with the all the toons nowadays? And why is Toon Dark Magician not a thing?

One thing I did notice is no one was calling Toon Ancient Gear useless... Is it because of the spell/trap thing, or did people just forget it exists?

A. it already existed in the anime, so it was just an IRL release, not original content

B. Unlike OG AGG, it can be Special Summoned

C. It;s another level 8 for the deck for a trade-in engine, in theory

It has more value than this/Barrel Dragon.

A. it already existed in the anime, so it was just an IRL release, not original content

B. Unlike OG AGG, it can be Special Summoned

C. It;s another level 8 for the deck for a trade-in engine, in theory

It has more value than this/Barrel Dragon.

Okay. Fair. Thanks for the explanation.

Looks like toon mask, Reasoning, Monster Gate, and Tribute Doll makes itself more reliable for this deck, it can make a rank 7 xyz if the opponent summons a monster with higher level, but but I still don't think this card can do anything for a toon deck. (Manga ryu-ran was much useful than this one because ryu-ran can ss itself.)

I think this is pretty "EWWWW".

I like the art style of Toon Monsters.... this card is just an annoying chibi.

I'd like Toons to have proper cards but I guess Kingdom will prevent them from getting much more actual worthwhile support.... They probably already wasted a good chance of getting a bunch of monsters from different strategies that have nothing to do with each other and unifying them under the banner of "Toon" in a way that actually forms a strategy...

I'm disappointed. I like getting nostalgia stuff, but Konami is overdoing it in a rather cheap way. I'd be happy with just reprints of new alt arts, or actual retrains like they used to do during the GX era...

For starters, if Toon counterparts were at least treated as the non-Toon monster while on X zones, that'd make it an interesting thing to play with, but nope... I don't see how Buster Blader actually would consider this help, and Toons have better monsters already sooooo.

One needs care for making a searcher in any archetype, especially one that already has a way to search with Toon Table of Contents, Drac. Making a searcher in the form of a Pendulum monster enters very-dangerous territory, especially if you can use said search more than once while it's on the field without removing it somehow.

tbf toons are kinda really bad and they need all the help they can get

Archived