Important announcement

EDIT: things are somewhat stable now.

It would seem my laptop has died, the hard drive is totally shot and nothing is working. I'm on my 3ds atm but its slow, glitchy, and won't be a plausible way of going online. Therefore I must say goodbye for now. It might be a day, maybe even less, but likely longer. Sorry to those counting on me for things. Even if I manage to get back soon, Iwill be in a terrible mood. For it seems that, besides a load of files that I no longer have access to such as images and the like, not all my writing has been successfully saved. This includes 200 pages of a novel I've been working on, IFNH for those in the know, so I feel utterly devastated. So yes, goodbye for now I suppose. I will try and hang around here today but I doubt I can do much. UPDATE WHILE I TYPED THIS SOMETHING POSITIVE HAPPENED. I might have one final chance to get on and save my s*** onto an external hard drive. Not out of this yet folks. Still posting cause idk if this'll work so if you don't see me around that's why.

Is this just out of the blue?  Virus?  Human error?

For everything to just stop for seemingly no reason is incredibly odd, and in a lot of those cases it's really a surprisingly easy fix.

Basically if it's the software you should panic.  Hardware can be replaced.  So can software, but everything you stored on it is funked.

I wish I could offer some help but yeah your safest bet is, before anything else, to save your files with an external hard drive.  That way no matter what happens, if you save it or not, at least you saved your stuff.

If you say your Laptop is completely funked, sounds like a Overheating issue to me. I hope that you can somehow get your files back Cow and we will all be keeping your Seat warm for your return. You are a great member on the Forums and would hate to lose you man... Stay strong.

THANKS EVERYONE SPEAKING FROM LAPTOP NOW! And damn it feels good. Currently copying my writing and such to a USB and will be e-mailing myself the files as well. Then I'll proceed to put everything else on an external hard drive.

Anyone have any idea how to save bookmarks from Firefox?

THANKS EVERYONE SPEAKING FROM LAPTOP NOW! And damn it feels good. Currently copying my writing and such to a USB and will be e-mailing myself the files as well. Then I'll proceed to put everything else on an external hard drive.

NEVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! XD As for bookmarks, idk. I think with Chrome you can connect them via your gmail, but Firefox I can't officially say........ I'll ask around or someone else will for sure help out

Go to where Firefox is installed on your Computer. You can access Profiles from there. That has all your Web History and Bookmarks. Just copy it and save to wherever needed. Hope this helps Cow.

Go to where Firefox is installed on your Computer. You can access Profiles from there. That has all your Web History and Bookmarks. Just copy it and save to wherever needed. Hope this helps Cow.

Update:

writing copied, Showdown teams copied, character images and stuff like that being copied.

Archived