Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"There you are! Have you seen? This place has trees! And buildings in trees! Oh, yeah! Kazo! Over here!" Well then. Rather than having to go find everyone else, it seemed everyone else was finding Kah. Or Ari was, at least. He seemed to be pretty impressed by the scenery around here, and honestly Kah couldn't blame him. It was quite the sight to see.

"Yes, it's really something. Can't see this kind of thing back home."

"I am glad to see you are well." Suiten and Mac. And Kazo, too! The group was all together again. "We have much to be concerned about. Regirock has been killed." The rest of what Suiten said didn't even register to Kah. She was too busy thinking about what that meant. To Kah, it meant three very important things. One: As much as she wanted to think otherwise, her power as of now was insignificant in the grand scope of things. Two: Legends could be killed. And three...the Gardevoir from earlier was serious. This was a lot to think about all at once, but she wouldn't quite get the chance to ponder further once Kazo's concerns rang through her ears.

"Wh-what about Dorian? Wh-what about his family? Are they okay? H-how did they... find Regirock...? Was it... Was it because of... us? Did we lead them to Regirock...? Are we the reason why Regirock's..."

Dorian. He wasn't a person Kah wouldn't soon forget. The warm and loving father with a kind wife and a pudgy child. Kah suddenly found herself concerned for the lot of them, too. Especially the little one. Last she'd seen Dorian and his family, all she could think about was how the child had been lucky to be born into a family like that; how if he'd been born to a father like Kah's, he wouldn't get that love and affection so freely. If something happened to Dorian and it traumatized the child...

There will be hell t-NO! Wait! If that woman was serious, there's no way I can do anything about that having happened. I need to get stronger so that it doesn't happen to anyone else.

She had to find that Gardevoir. The offer of immense, Legend-killing power seemed to grow more enticing every time Kah thought about...well, anything. She didn't seem like the kind of person who would approach Kah if she was with a group, however. She had to get some distance, and knew just how to do it. "Not to excuse myself from a serious moment like this, but I need to do some shopping. My Poke Puff Bag is empty and I'd also like to get my hands on some actual meal-sized food. I'll find the rest of you when I'm done," Kah said, turning and excusing herself from the rest of the group. Now then, while food was something she had to buy, there was one other thing she had to keep an eye peeled for.

If I was a Gardevoir offering somebody immense power, where would I go...?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke turned her fall into a roll, getting back to her feet quickly, breathing labored. She could still feel the lingering effects of her last attack, knuckles aching, but the scent of blood in the air was reassuring. “So you’re not invincible, huh?” she muttered, mostly to herself. “Good to know. “

"All must end,” Kyurem said, and his unnaturally deep voice was all encompassing, coming from all directions. Brooke would’ve been lying if she said that she hadn’t felt a chill of fear run down her spine after that, it dawning on her suddenly that she was interfering in a fight between between two literal gods, but she didn’t have time to dwell. Immediately after he finished speaking, a bone-chilling blast of ice pulsed over the area.

Brooke wasn’t expecting the pain that came with it. Her joints felt stiff, her arms and legs numb, and her entire body stung. Was this what it felt like to be truly cold? She wasn’t fond of it. The ground beneath her feet began to rumble, and Brooke instinctively knew she had to move. Fire flared up around her body, the feeling comfortable, like donning a familiar cloak, and the ice melted away. She threw herself to the side just in time to avoid being blasted by a spire of rock shooting up beneath her.

“That was. . . too close. . . for comfort. . .” she panted. Adrenaline pumped through her veins as the flames died down, one of the after effects of that specific technique (~Flame Charge~). “Please tell me you’ve got a plan, because I’m a little out of my league, if you haven’t noticed!” Brooke put some more distance between herself and Kyurem, fire licking at her heels again, ready to attack or defend.

[spoiler=Combat Information]

Level: 33

Ability:  Reckless. Basically, anytime Brooke injures herself with an attack, she makes sure she's gonna injure you tenfold.
Moves/Powers:

• Flare Blitz (15/15)
  • Superpower (4/5)
  • Head Smash (5/5)
  • Flame Charge (19/20)

Susano of the Flame: Encompassing Body

TL;DR: she dodged with Flame Charge and put some distance between her and Kyurem. Also asked Deoxys for the plan. -1 ATK and DEF, +1 SPD.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

It was a miracle that Taiga was able to find this place at all...she was a dolt when it came to directions.  Inside of the house, that perv of a Delcatty was no doubt quivering in his doctor boots.  Scarlet came up from behind her and suddenly hugged her.  With a bit of a jolt of shock, Taiga pushed her away.  

"Dummy...don't sneak up on me like that."  She said with a murmuring tone.  As Scarlet knocked on the door, there was no answer.  Taiga sighed.  She raised her leg, and delivered a swift kick to it instead.  "I ain't as polite..." Taiga snarled.  She stepped into the house she was in moments ago and looked around.  There the Delcatty doctor stood, with an emotionless expression.  Taiga grinned like an idiot.  "Well?  Get your things together you dang fool!  With all this commotion goin' on, we can sneak you out of here faster than extremespeed!"

Team Mac, Day 15, Southshore

"I entrust my safety to you,"

Mac didn't think he'd respond like that. She had been grinning when she called it kind, knowing that she had thrown him off. But then he went and did that? Mac gave the slightest of blushes and stammered a bit, attempting to wave off the awkwardness.

They saw the others soon after and Mac looked directly at Kah. Suiten explained what he had learned right away and Mac flinched, worried about Ari. He's just a kid after all, right?

She stepped towards him, about to give him a, probably awkward, hug but she saw the look in his eyes. "Let's kick some butt." Mac said to Ari, putting her hand forward for a fist bump.

Kazo seemed concerned about Dorian. Mac hadn't thought of that. But now that he mentioned it...

"Was it because of... us? Did we lead them to Regirock...? Are we the reason why Regirock's...,"

"No." Mac said firmly, looking at her lackey. "Regirock wasn't hiding, not really, he was somewhere anyone could go if they tried. He was a Legend. A warrior. I bet he'd be pretty mad to know someone was blaming themselves. We can't just crumble like that, Kazo, stand up! Stand up and do something! If you're scared, push past it! There's gotta be something you want, right? This doesn't change that!"

She glanced at Kah and sighed. "Before you go...Just wanted you to know...I understand." She said. And then. "You're scared, but you don't have to be...I'll protect you!" She flashed the older girl a thumbs up as she left the scene.

-------

Ankou stood atop the dock, looking into the water, staring at the bridge beyond. Edgelord had vanished as soon as they got near the city so Ankou had continued on, moving through the city without giving anyone a second glance. She knew that crossing this water would take some effort on her part. So she stood. She wanted to rest. She had done so much today already, and she could sense the emotional turmoil of that girl. She knew spreading word about Regirock would cause a reaction...and now she waited.

Team NND, Day 15, Coldharbour

"I'll show you. That there are no such thing...as gods!"

"What is a God...,to an nonbeliever!?"

Dora didn't see what happened next as there was now something covering her head. This amused her to no end which also distracted her from the fact that "Fawkes", buffeted by Hail as she was, had vanished. She decided to enjoy the funny noises she could hear and..."This thing is kinda stinky" she said, somewhat muffled.

The Froslass didn't move as the attacks struck them, hitting with quite some force as they came from two strong Gijinka. Their body cracked, and splintered, falling apart into chunks of ice.

Easter would hear a voice behind him. "Denial will not change the truth." There would be a sharp pain in Easter's head and they'd find themselves unable to use their Moonblast for the time being.

They went backwards, nearing the edge of the ice prison, and made a wave-like gesture with their arms. Snow and ice formed in front of them and launched at Denku and Easter, a Blizzard attack that would be made difficult to dodge due to the Hail. It wouldn't be as strong as it would normally be as the attack was being split between two foes but it was still a dangerous attack.

------

“Please tell me you’ve got a plan, because I’m a little out of my league, if you haven’t noticed!”

Deoxys realized she didn't. She was not meant for such battles. Her purpose was to attack, destroy the opposition, and retreat. She had many tools with which to fight and she could endure a lot but she had not faced a foe that tested her like this. She had been analyzing Kyurem for some time now and she was beginning to notice something. "We can't defeat it." Brooke would hear in her head. "There is an outside source giving it power. That must be destroyed...however it has sealed itself away. The one you were traveling with, your partner, is currently there. It is my belief we must continue and do enough damage that, once this power source is taken care of, they will fall. Please continue."

Deoxys launched a Flash Cannon at Kyurem and then, realizing their power was too weak to do much damage, floated onto the top of a broken building. An aura formed around them as they activated Calm Mind, attempting to gather enough power to launch a strong enough attack.

Kyurem seemed to pick up that Deoxys had realized something. He would have to end this sooner, rather than later. His body began to blaze with a powerful energy, centering around his arms and legs, and he launched himself at Deoxys, tearing everything around him down in his Outrage.

Team Karaoke, Day 11, Adarid Market

"Maybe we can pool our money together?" He asked rather sheepishly. "If it gets us closer to finding the others..."

Gwen nodded happily. "That's the Spiritomb!" she said. They'd get this, find their friends, and gain a strange new item to enjoy on their travels.

However it was clear that Clotilde was having none of that. She berated the Hypno and caused him to balk, and, after a bit more, scoop up his wares and leave the area. "If you want anything now, you'll have to get that sour-faced monster away first" He said angrily.

Gwen turned to Clotilde with her hands on her hips. "You helped us, yes, and I do want to travel with you...But that was just downright rude. You should apologize to the man!" She seemed serious, and upset, as she was actually huffing a bit.
"Well...the issue still stands, what do we do now?" It looked like they'd have to try the Arena after all. "Maybe I'm being selfish..."

Team Showdown, Day 11, Doctor's House Fryst

Isole was glad to see Scarlet, even in this situation, acting rationally and knocking on the man's door.

Isole was less glad to see Taiga bust the door down.

Thankfully it seemed the doctor recovered quickly. "Yes, welcome, come in." He said, trying to keep his cool.

"Well?  Get your things together you dang fool!  With all this commotion goin' on, we can sneak you out of here faster than extremespeed!"

"I...Don't want to go." He began. "Things are...crazy right now but if I leave now I won't have any chance to get my family here. I can't take that risk, it's so dangerous out there. Look at those marauders. If it weren't for the walls..."
Isole looked around idly. She would wait for now but she wouldn't interfere. If this doctor went with them, good, if not, oh well. She wasn't going to waste energy convincing him.

"There...there is a tunnel that I learned of, that leads out. I will tell you how to get there but you have to leave me here. I need to stay behind and convince the lord that I'd be able to do even better work with my family here."

------

Cabrakan and Fia, having not followed directly after the others, would find themselves facing a trio of Shedinja and a Manectric guard. They seemed startled to see the pair but, assuming they attacked the guards inside of the tower, immediately told them to surrender and return to the prison.

------

As the Gijinka outside the wall attacked, they would take note of the strange flash of light emanating from the top of the tower. Moments later a massive Ice Beam crashed into the ground around them. Those caught in the blast were killed, and frozen, instantly.
The Lord of Fryst laughed as he watched from the tower while the device he had so painstakingly had crafted worked just as planned.

Adarid City / ~

She had finally managed to chase the Hypno seller away when an upset Gwendoline berated her. It was understandable that others would be upset. No maid would have ever acted  in such a way, normally. However, pesky merchants are the exception and nothing less than blatant aggression can chase them away.

"Forgive my conduct but you mustn't fall for such merchants." She issued a very stern warning to the two of them, unconscious of her face warping into its signature twisted grimace. "Whilst there was a small chance that Hypno may have seen the two we are looking four around, it was much more likely to be a ploy to separate us from our wallets and time. Unless you made it clear to people like them, they'll not leave you alone. He was certainly not as emotionally hurt as he seemed to be." 

"Now that we're done with that I propose we follow Nine. It only occurred to me but, we did not agree on a meeting point. If we leave the market he won't know where we'll be, that only makes it harder to find each other later. We should find him while we know where he's heading, and if we're fortunate he may have found them already."

Adarid Team Karaoke

Gwen didn't seem too happy about Clotilde chasing off the Hypno trader. Lok was a bit peeved that she had just gone ahead and done it, and would seem annoyed. However, deep down he was a bit relieved that they didn't end up getting the lamp in the end. Clotilde went on to apologize and explain herself; her face turning into a particularly menacing grimace. "Now that we're done with that I propose we follow Nine. It only occurred to me but, we did not agree on a meeting point. If we leave the market he won't know where we'll be, that only makes it harder to find each other later. We should find him while we know where he's heading, and if we're fortunate he may have found them already." Lok nodded to her statement. They had not found any traces of there friends being here, and what she was saying made sense. The trio headed out towards the Arena. Hopefully they'd be able to find them.

. . .

Eventually, they found themselves in the Arena. Or, rather, in front of the Arena. The main doors were closed off. Lok turned to the others. "I think this is the place..." he let out a sigh of exhaustion. They had ran quite a bit to get there in order to get there, so Lok was a bit tired. Still, there wasn't any time to rest - they needed to find Nine and, hopefully, the others. Still, it probably wasn't wise to simply charge through the door - there was no telling what could be on the other side. "So, how should we approach this? I don't reckon bursting through the door is a good idea." He tried to look at the group in general; however, his gaze was mainly at Clotilde. She had guided them through a similar situation before in the library. He would wait for instructions before going into the Arena.

Fryst Team Showdown

"Well, that's one way to get the door open." She would of preferred not to knock down the door, but that didn't matter too much. What mattered is that she finally got a chance to bring over the doctor back to his family. "Yes, welcome, come in." Surprisingly, he seemed to keep his cool despite the group barging into his home. Things seemed to be going pretty well until...

"I...Don't want to go. Things are...crazy right now but if I leave now I won't have any chance to get my family here. I can't take that risk, it's so dangerous out there. Look at those marauders. If it weren't for the walls...There...there is a tunnel that I learned of, that leads out. I will tell you how to get there but you have to leave me here. I need to stay behind and convince the lord that I'd be able to do even better work with my family here."

Well, that was unexpected. His goal was noble, and was something Scarlet could possibly get behind. However, she didn't come all the way here just to let him go. "Doc, with all due respect...you can't stay here." She tried to stay calm as she spoke to the Delcatty, hoping to be able to calmly reason with him. "This isn't just about your son or your family anymore. The people of Coldharbour are dying from disease which they cannot heal from, for they have no doctor. Maybe you couldn't of escaped before, but now is your chance. Your people need you, doc." She sat down on a nearby chair, looking at the doctor and waiting for his response. Whatever it was, she knew that they didn't have that much time to hang around; they had to get out and soon. Hopefully, with the doctor.

kMykmrI.png

"Let's kick some butt," Mac said, putting her hand forward for a fist bump.

Ari met it with his own fist, all fired up. I'll show them how strong a lion can be.

However, his spirits sunk even more when Kazo spoke. "R-Regirock is... dead? But... we just fought him... we... none of us could even put a dent in him... and... He didn't... deserve to...," He shook his head. "W-wait, wait, wait! Wh-what about Dorian? Wh-what about his family? Are they okay?" Kazo fell to his knees, tears forming in his eyes. "H-how did they... find Regirock...? Was it...," He paused. "Was it because of... us? Did we lead them to Regirock...? Are we the reason why Regirock's..."

"No." Mac said firmly, looking at the Gabite. "Regirock wasn't hiding, not really, he was somewhere anyone could go if they tried. He was a Legend. A warrior. I bet he'd be pretty mad to know someone was blaming themselves. We can't just crumble like that, Kazo, stand up! Stand up and do something! If you're scared, push past it! There's gotta be something you want, right? This doesn't change that!"

"Agreed," Suiten said. "I doubt it is any of your fault. If you must lay the blame at anybody's feet, then lay it upon the killer's." His expression was serious. "They could have chosen to spare Regirock after defeating him, but they did not."

Kah spoke up at that moment, looking thoughtful. "Not to excuse myself from a serious moment like this, but I need to do some shopping. My Poke Puff Bag is empty and I'd also like to get my hands on some actual meal-sized food. I'll find the rest of you when I'm done," she turned away, leaving the group.

"Before you go...Just wanted you to know...I understand." Mac said. And then. "You're scared, but you don't have to be...I'll protect you!" She flashed the older girl a thumbs up as she left the scene.

"How will you protect Kah?!" Ari asked in disbelief. "She's super strong. If she can't protect herself, then no one can. Well, except Kazo," he looked up at the Gabite, complete and utter assurance in his eyes.

Suiten glanced at the Hydreigon leave with a bit of nervousness. He had been hoping the group would stick together for now, though if he trusted anybody on their own, it was Kah. Ari or Mac, on the other hand...

"So, uh...what will we do now then?" Ari asked. "I kind of want to eat something too," he patted his stomach awkwardly.

"That's a sound idea," Suiten agreed. "May I recommend the South Inn? It's on the other side of the city, but the food is well worth the walk."

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

"Oh, yes, the one that is asking you to make sure the children are okay is totally with the ones trying to kill us all! Moron."

If it weren't for the bigger enemy in front of him, Easter would've attacked the insolent Pupitar for that comment alone. Perhaps his "hero" title had gotten to him, because he obviously thought far too highly of himself. It was too bad he couldn't show him the error of his ways. Maybe later.

When the rock type approached the children, he felt his hackles raise. Before calming down when all he did was throw his cloak on top of them. The pupa gijinka focused, causing stones to rip themselves out of the ground. "What is a God...," He began to ask as the avalanche of rocks were finally prepared. "to an nonbeliever!?"

Easter couldn't help but be reluctantly impressed, but his attention quickly switched back to the Froslass, puzzled when they didn't react to the attacks. Realization hit him a moment too late, when their chilling voice spoke from behind him. "Denial will not change the truth."

Idiot, he berated himself. He wasn't normally so hotheaded, but this was a different matter altogether. One that touched what little emotional attachment he had. And that Froslass had taken advantage of his mistake. Well, seems she wasn't an opponent to be underestimated. Growling in excitement, Easter felt a momentary thrill at the increased challenge they posed. "You're quite right," he responded, turning around to face where she last was. "So why do you keep denying it?"

With their speed, Moonblast might not be his best bet anyway. Swift, however... Gathering his power, stars started to form around him. He let them spin around him almost lazily before shooting them out in every direction, counteracting the Blizzard attack that had started to form.

In the midst of the chaos, the Sylveon approached the "hero." Much as he disliked the thought, he acknowledged the common sense of it. "We need to figure out a game plan," he murmured. "This one's fast. Do you have anything to combat that?" While he didn't make a point of knowing the general abilities of every single Pokemon he came across, he did pay attention to dark and dragon types, and subsequently, any Pokemon who could evolve into one. Pupitar were fairly slow and favored physical attacking moves. But that wouldn't make any difference if he couldn't hit the enemy. "Be careful though. They know Disable." Either that, or they had Cursed Body. Perhaps both.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

"Before you go...Just wanted you to know...I understand. You're scared, but you don't have to be...I'll protect you!"

Kah did have to give credit where credit was due. Mac was certainly confident in herself. Delusionaly so, which was actually more worrying than it was reassuring, but with an attitude like that and a power level more akin to Kah's, the Electric-type girl could go far in life. Perhaps if Mac met Zekrom someday, the black dragon could do something about her power? Or if Kah met Zekrom instead... It would be a damned fairy-type to offer me that kind of power, wouldn't it? As if it hated being ignored just as much as its owner, Kah's stomach let loose a deep growl. It almost sounded like her too. It served as a reminder that, although the notion of unbridled, Legend-killing power was pretty appetizing, Kah had an actual appetite to deal with too. Glancing around for somebody that would know the town better than she, Kah's eyes landed on a rather sheepish-looking Tropius of a man.

"Hey," she called out, eliciting a flinch out of the man as he turned and faced her. "I'm visiting Southshore and need to eat. Where can I get some good food?"

"O-Oh, uh, well, there's always the Sou-I mean, the Wild Boar Inn. It's where I go, and the seafood is, um, it's something I tell ya."

"Sounds good. Where is it?"

"Uh, that way," the Tropius answered, pointing east of their location. "It's a pretty decent walk from here - most the way across the city - but you can't miss it."

"Right. Thanks for the directions." As Kah started eastward, bound for her destination, the name of the inn passed through her head a second time. Wild Boar? ...Oh, sheet. Well, what they don't know won't hurt them, and what they can't figure out doesn't matter. I should probably lay low while I try to find that woman. Once I do find her, if she actually can give me that kind of power, it doesn't really matter; they wouldn't be able to do much about me by that point. Still, I hate to say it, but Mac wasn't entirely wrong. That was reckless. It's not my fault though! Argh, enough dwelling on what's already happened. I can't magically un-scorch those boars, so I'll just have to live with it. For now, let's think about some seafood. I've always wanted to try calamari...

After some due walking across the majority of Southshore (which included spotting several domesticated boars; a sight that wasn't sitting well with the Hydreigon in light of recent events), Kah arrived at her destination. Just as she'd been told, it wasn't exactly a place she'd miss easily. There was the sign out front, and also the sheer size of the tree it was built in. No time to waste. Kah stepped in, and was taken aback briefly by the homey atmosphere. Looking up, Kah could tell the place was several stories tall. Had they used the entire tree? Glancing around, Kah could see that she was far from the only person here. There were tables everywhere, with people aplenty. Off on the back wall, Kah could see a fireplace, with several kids playing with a fat old boar. What's this city's fascination with boars all about?

There wasn't time to waste on admiring the atmosphere though. Kah was here for the food first, and the food second! Dragon's gotta eat, after all! Kah made her way toward the bar on this floor, glancing at the boar near the fireplace every few steps as if it could somehow sense what she'd done and would thirst for revenge. Once she arrived at the bar, Kah sat down and looked at whoever was behind the counter. "What's cheap here?" she asked. "I've got a stomach to fill that may as well count for three, so if you've got any sales going on, please, fill me in."

Kazo couldn't believe what was happening, but it was happening. He was getting a pep talk... from Mac. He wasn't sure if it was really touching, humiliating, or infuriating. Maybe it was all three. Hell if he knew.

"No. Regirock wasn't hiding, not really, he was somewhere anyone could go if they tried. He was a Legend. A warrior. I bet he'd be pretty mad to know someone was blaming themselves. We can't just crumble like that, Kazo, stand up! Stand up and do something! If you're scared, push past it! There's gotta be something you want, right? This doesn't change that!"

"Agreed," Suiten said. "I doubt it is any of your fault. If you must lay the blame at anybody's feet, then lay it upon the killer's." His expression was serious. "They could have chosen to spare Regirock after defeating him, but they did not."

Kazo sighed and slowly stood back up, wiping his eyes. "Right, right...," He muttered, not really convinced. 

Kah spoke up at that moment, looking thoughtful. "Not to excuse myself from a serious moment like this, but I need to do some shopping. My Poke Puff Bag is empty and I'd also like to get my hands on some actual meal-sized food. I'll find the rest of you when I'm done," she turned away, leaving the group. Kazo shook his head. Was all she cared about was showing her power and eating? It really ticked him off...

"Before you go...Just wanted you to know...I understand." Mac said. And then. "You're scared, but you don't have to be...I'll protect you!" She flashed the older girl a thumbs up as she left the scene. Kazo had to chuckle a little. Sure, Mac thought a little too highly of herself, but it was kinda reassuring that things were normal, despite everything.

"How will you protect Kah?!" Ari asked in disbelief. "She's super strong. If she can't protect herself, then no one can. Well, except Kazo," he looked up at the Gabite, complete and utter assurance in his eyes. Kazo sighed to himself. One of these days, Ari is going to place too much trust in him. He had to hope that day never came. "So, uh...what will we do now then?" Ari added. "I kind of want to eat something too," he patted his stomach awkwardly.

"That's a sound idea," Suiten agreed. "May I recommend the South Inn? It's on the other side of the city, but the food is well worth the walk." 

"Sounds good to me," Kazo asked. "Lead the way, Suiten,"

"We need to figure out a game plan," Well, this was going better than fights with Bea and Fia. That was a plus. "This one's fast. Do you have anything to combat that?" Did he? He thought to himself. He could move himself around, and thankfully, he had a full tank of gas, but no move he had really countered it. "Be careful though. They know Disable." That... would make things pretty tough.

"I don't have any move that directly counters her speed," He muttered. "However... I can get close. If I can keep the focus on me, you can do a sneak attack," That was the best plan he could come up with. He glanced behind his shoulder. The kids were... wait, there were two kids, right? He looked back at the Froslass. He needed to finished her fast. "You okay with that plan?" He better confirm this before he took off.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

"I...Don't want to go. Things are...crazy right now but if I leave now I won't have any chance to get my family here. I can't take that risk, it's so dangerous out there. Look at those marauders. If it weren't for the walls...There...there is a tunnel that I learned of, that leads out. I will tell you how to get there but you have to leave me here. I need to stay behind and convince the lord that I'd be able to do even better work with my family here."

"This isn't just about your son or your family anymore. The people of Coldharbour are dying from disease which they cannot heal from, for they have no doctor. Maybe you couldn't of escaped before, but now is your chance. Your people need you, doc."

Taiga groaned in frustration.  Her foot tapped on the ice so hard that it seemed to shatter with each proceeding stomp.  

"We don't have time for this.  For all we know, all Distortion World is breaking loose out there.  We need to leave, fast!  With or without the doctor."  It wasn't like she owed anything to that pervert frogadier anyway.  What did she care that his father didn't care about his family's well being.  It was no water off of her back.  "Now are you gonna take us there, or are you just gonna sulk?"

EOlaaCE.png?1

"Hiya there, Nine. I'm planning to try out the Arena for a bit. Don't worry too much about me. Fiona didn't want to go in too, so she's outside. Where are the others?"

Nine was a bit taken aback by how completely casual the girl was speaking. Then again, thinking about who it was that he was actually speaking to, he wasn't so sure why he was any bit surprised in the first place. At the very least, the two of them were safe for the time being, and he knew where they were, so he supposed he had got a job well done. "They're at the market right now, we were trying to find where you were but what are you-"

"Come on, I know a lot of things happened yesterday, but there's nothing to be worried about now. Don't be so tense. If you want, you can watch me battle for now."

"Right," he flatly stated. With a bit of a wave he said, "I think I'll pass on the spectating for now," either she was going to get beaten senseless or there might be a repeat of what happened against Godslayer. He was fond of watching neither of them. "I'll just be waiting outside for now." With that, Nine walked out of the arena, looking for where Fiona might have been.

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke wasn’t sure what Deoxys meant by “an outside source giving it power”, but she could understand next part a whole lot better. “Keep hitting it?” she growled. “I can do that.” Kyurem lunged forward toward Deoxys, unbelievable energy surrounding his body as he attacked, destroying everything in his path.

“I’m gonna regret this,” Brooke said to no one in particular, her cloak of fire once again blazing to life around her. She charged forward, aiming to slam into Kyurem’s side. She doubted she could overpower it, but hopefully, it would hurt enough to knock him off course before hitting Deoxys.

[spoiler=Combat Information]

Level: 33

Ability:  Reckless. Basically, anytime Brooke injures herself with an attack, she makes sure she's gonna injure you tenfold.
Moves/Powers:

• Flare Blitz (14/15)
  • Superpower (4/5)
  • Head Smash (5/5)
  • Flame Charge (19/20)

Susano of the Flame: Encompassing Body

TL;DR: slammed into the side of Kyurem with Flare Blitz. -1 ATK and DEF, +1 SPD.

Team Karaoke, Day 11, Adarid Arena

"Forgive my conduct but you mustn't fall for such merchants." She issued a very stern warning to the two of them, unconscious of her face warping into its signature twisted grimace. "Whilst there was a small chance that Hypno may have seen the two we are looking four around, it was much more likely to be a ploy to separate us from our wallets and time. Unless you made it clear to people like them, they'll not leave you alone. He was certainly not as emotionally hurt as he seemed to be." 

"Now that we're done with that I propose we follow Nine. It only occurred to me but, we did not agree on a meeting point. If we leave the market he won't know where we'll be, that only makes it harder to find each other later. We should find him while we know where he's heading, and if we're fortunate he may have found them already."

Gwen flinched as she was lectured by Clotilde. She was supposed to be the big sister here, and yet, she was just messing up and trailing behind everyone. Is this what the world was actually like? Having to protect yourself with rude words and fighting? She sighed and agreed listlessly to Clotilde's suggestion. It seemed that she would have to go to the Arena after all.

It was certainly an impressive building. "A testament to how much battle matters in Adarid." Gwen said sadly. No, no Gwen, she had to guide them. She may not have done very well in the past but surely she still...

"So, how should we approach this? I don't reckon bursting through the door is a good idea."

Gwen realized that he was talking to Clotilde, more than her, and the realization struck her harder than it should have. It seems she truly did need to just stay in the background. So be it, if her ways wouldn't work in this place, perhaps..."Yes, Clotilde, please after you." She said sincerely, smiling at the Aggron. She would just have to let others take the lead from here.

-----

As Nine went out, Fiona, having been hiding behind a plant while the two talked, sneaked outside and practically ran into the Houndoom that was looking around, likely for her. "Oh, h-hello." She said shyly, fully able to embrace that side now that Alleria wasn't around. "I don't like fighting but I didn't think I should leave...but now that you're here I feel...more comfortable." She tried, and failed, to smile at him. Seems she still had some kinks to work out.

Behind them they could hear the crowd suddenly begin to hoot and holler. "Must be fighting..." Fiona muttered, referring to Alleria.

"Hey um...I don't...I don't know if you noticed but I don't feel comfortable with...well her. Mm, maybe we could travel together instead?"

As Nine and Fiona talked, there were sounds from the arena. Not very pleasant sounds as it turned out. Fiona decided to check inside just once to see what all the fuss was about.

Soon after they would see Alleria being moved across the room on a stretcher, having seemingly broken her leg. The girl forced the medics to pause near Fiona as she told the girl not to worry about her, that she would be fine soon, and to keep going without her for now, she'd catch up.

Fiona felt instant relief at the knowledge that the girl wouldn't be able to follow her easily. She turned to Nine, trying to mask her relief, about to speak. Before she could, however, Gwen, Lok, and Clotilde came into the scene.

After hearing of what became of Alleria, Gwen gasped. "That's terrible. Ah, but...if she wants to catch up later, hm, I suppose I can have them give her a message of where we'll be heading?"

------

Whisper was about to take their turn at the arena when a voice spoke from the shadows. Using very familiar phrases that caught her attention instantly. "Glad I found you. You're needed elsewhere, the Order has a mission for you."

Team Mac, Day 15, South Inn

"What's cheap here? I've got a stomach to fill that may as well count for three, so if you've got any sales going on, please, fill me in."

The Grumpig behind the bar raised his eyebrow at the girl's request. "Well if you want, we got a fresh load of shrimp, could be getting you plenty of that. Price depends on how much ya take but if you eat as much as you say I'm sure it'd be somewhere round...30 Poke or so." He looked at her and tilted her head. "Ya know I just membered, a Gardevoir, boy what a pretty gal, came around earlier. Saying if a Hydreigon came around to send them to the dock. That you I take it?"

-----

"How will you protect Kah?!" Ari asked in disbelief. "She's super strong. If she can't protect herself, then no one can. Well, except Kazo,"

Mac shook her head. "You still don't get it. Kah, even Kazo, they're my lackeys. This was decided they day we met! And it's a boss's job to look after her lackeys!"

At that it seemed that they all wanted to get some food. Something Mac was more than willing to agree with.

Suiten brought them towards the South Inn. Mac, too preoccupied regaling Ari with the tale of how she met Raikou once, didn't notice all the boars that were milling about the city. Though she couldn't avoid noticing the sign on the inn. She grimaced at it for a moment before bursting into the door. "I have arrived!" She shouted and headed straight for the counter.

The people inside noticed her, looked away upon seeing her, and began to talk among themselves. Mac's eyes narrowed, certain they were mocking her, and stormed up to the second floor instead, where she could smell food being cooked.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 15, Coldharbour

Froslass watched as their Blizzard was countered by a mere Swift. "It seems you've grown since that night. Perhaps next this one will pay the others a visit, test this one's strength against theirs." It seemed the two were planning. Pitiful. As if any mortal plan could stop them now?

Dora managed to get the cloak off her head, noticed Fawkes was gone, and exclaimed. "Whoa, Fawkes is MAGIC!" She looked around, excited to share her discovery, when she realized that there was a fight going on. She had seen a lot of fighting lately.

She wanted to tell them all to stop being stupids but a chunk of hail smacked her in the face and distracted her.

Then she noticed the Froslass forming a shard of ice in their hand and launch it at the hero man, striking him in the knee. Once they did this they fired another attack, a Shadow Ball, at Easter.

Dora didn't like this weird person. She decided to take matters into her own hand! While the Froslass was ignoring her, Dora took a wide stance and launched a Water Gun at the Froslass, hitting them on the side of the head. "No more hurting friends!"

"You dare?" They spoke, angered, but Dora was too happy realizing she actually hit them to realize the danger she was in.

------

Deoxys watched as Kyurem approached. They would not be able to dodge in time. Especially not if they wanted to keep powering up. They had to get stronger if they were to do anything to this monster.

Thankfully Brooke had listened to their advice. Making contact with the Outraging Kyurem was dangerous but the force of the blow did manage to keep Kyurem from reaching Deoxys, who continued to power up.

Unfortunately this also meant that Kyurem had another target for his Outrage. With a roar he slammed his fists against Brooke, landing a couple powerful blows before the Fire type would even be able to react.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Doctor's House, Fryst

This isn't just about your son or your family anymore. The people of Coldharbour are dying from disease which they cannot heal from, for they have no doctor. Maybe you couldn't of escaped before, but now is your chance. Your people need you, doc."

Arthur flinched at the words. "They need me to be here...they won't get any better out there. Not with all that's going on in the world. If I can bring them here, all of them, maybe..."

"We don't have time for this.  For all we know, all Distortion World is breaking loose out there.  We need to leave, fast!  With or without the doctor. Now are you gonna take us there, or are you just gonna sulk?"

Arthur seemed surprised by the girl's words. He glanced outside just in time to see the massive Ice Beam firing from the tower. "What, by Arceus..." He shook his head. "Alright fine this way, hurry up." He led the three off towards the Eastern part of the city, passing through empty streets along the way, and towards what looked like a completely normal wall. "Right about....here." He reached down suddenly and pulled a small chain, which, after some effort, pulled open what appeared to be a steel trap-door that led into a tunnel. "Sorry I can't go with. If you're right about them needing me, well, I just need to find a way to convince the Lord to let them come here faster."

-----

Cabrakan and Fia, having not responded to the guards, were suddenly attacked. The Shedinja vanished into the ground before reappearing around Fia, all attacking with Shadow Sneak. Meanwhile the Manectric's body covered itself in electricity and slammed into Cabrakan, the Spark managing to inflict paralysis upon the Chandelure.

-----

Alarik reached the top floor of the tower, dispatching the Poliwrath guard the lord had left behind to guard this final barrier. It seems the lord had taken an alternate route down to some safe haven inside the tower. Very well, Alarik's goal was beyond this door....

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350 320

"Well if you want, we got a fresh load of shrimp, could be getting you plenty of that. Price depends on how much ya take but if you eat as much as you say I'm sure it'd be somewhere round...30 Poke or so. Ya know I just membered, a Gardevoir, boy what a pretty gal, came around earlier. Saying if a Hydreigon came around to send them to the dock. That you I take it?"

"Sounds like it. Can I get this shrimp to go?" Kah asked in response, holding out the 30 Poke she'd been charged with.

iU8EggM.png

If nothing else, Kah had to give credit. The people of Southshore knew how to build a city. Even the dock wasn't lacking in visual appeal, what with the majestic blue ocean surrounding her on three sides, and the city proper on the fourth. As she popped the umpteenth shrimp into her mouth, wincing a bit at the unexpectedly salty flavor of that particular one, Kah glanced around at her surroundings. That Fairy-type frea-rather, that Gardevoir was here somewhere, based on what the barkeep back at the Wild Boar had told her. As Kah pulled out the next shrimp from the box, a clever idea hit her.

I bet these taste pretty decent roasted.

Kah let in a deep breath, and exhaled flames onto the shrimp in her hand, paying little mind to the uncomfortable amount of heat passing into her fingers. Once the small flames had cleared from in front of her, Kah was greeted with a near-black husk of a shrimp. Overcooked it? Popping the charred shrimp into her mouth, Kah confirmed she definitely overcooked it. There was no flavor anymore, and the texture was just awful. Kah made a mental note to not do that to her food ever again.

Back to business. If I were a Gardevoir...pssh, like I can think like those people. "I'm here," Kah called out. This would have to work as a substitute. "Where are you?"

kMykmrI.png

Mac shook her head. "You still don't get it. Kah, even Kazo, they're my lackeys. This was decided they day we met! And it's a boss's job to look after her lackeys!"

"Lackeys?!" Ari exclaimed. Now that he thought about it, he vaguely remembered this girl spouting something off about lackeys. "Shouldn't it be the other way around?"

Kazo and Mac seemed to agree with the idea of food, so they all headed toward the inn. Ari was busy listening to Mac talk about Raikou as they walked. "Wow, so Raikou did that? That's pretty cool, but not as cool as Entei! I heard Entei managed to even save this place when it was about to be turned into crystal. Or, wait, maybe I'm getting my stories mixed up." Ari scratched his cheek, thinking. Eventually, though, they arrived.

Suiten wanted to facepalm when he saw the sign on the inn. I forgot its other name... Though it was either this place or the rather seedy pub on the other side of town. He glanced at Kazo worriedly. The dragon had been acting oddly subdued on the way here, and if the water type had it right, he had been busy beating himself up over things. The children had seemed to bounce back fairly easily, but he would probably have to try to talk some sense into the Gabite.

"I have arrived!" Mac shouted, bursting into the door and heading straight for the counter. The people inside noticed her, looked away upon seeing her, and began to talk among themselves. Mac's eyes narrowed, but didn't say anything. The Helioptile stormed up to the second floor instead, where she could smell food being cooked.

Meanwhile, Ari was busy looking around. "Oh cool! A boar!" he shouted, running over to join the kids next to the boar. He almost asked if it tasted good, but bit his tongue after looking at Mac's stormy figure. Hadn't Mac gotten super angry when Kah was trying to roast the boars? Maybe boars were off-limits outside of Pride Rock. So instead, he petted it, giggling at the coarse fur. He hadn't forgotten how hungry he was, though, and the boar was looking pretty tasty...though also kind of old, which meant the meat would be pretty stringy and not very yummy. So maybe it was better that he not eat this boar.

Suiten glanced at Ari, but was more concerned with Mac, who looked like she might get into trouble if left unattended. The atmosphere felt a bit...different, than normal. Still, they did need to eat. Approaching the bar counter, he noticed the gijinka behind it looked vaguely familiar, a Grumpig. He had probably seen him when he had come to eat here before. The Samurott cleared his throat before speaking. "Excuse me, sir, do you have any specials? And are you still serving the lobster bisque?"

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

"I don't have any move that directly counters her speed," the Pupitar muttered. "However... I can get close. If I can keep the focus on me, you can do a sneak attack." He glanced behind his shoulder, causing Easter to follow his gaze. Ah, the kids...wait what?! Where did Fawkes go? Unless... he thought, remembering her moveset. Smart kit.

The two looked back at the Froslass. "You okay with that plan?" the rock type asked.

Easter wanted to point out a few things. Such as the fact that probably all of the Pupitar's moves were super-effective against the ice type. Or the fact that Sylveon weren't the fastest of Pokemon. But neither were Pupitar, and if this guy was worth the name "hero" he probably already knew about the type advantages. And that would do a lot to draw the delusional gijinka's attention toward him. Though Easter had already caught their attention, but still.

If all went according to plan, by the time the Pupitar had distracted the Froslass sufficiently, Easter would have his Moonblast back. A good point-blank hit from that would do a lot of damage. But that was if the attack managed to hit. Maybe I should think about adding another move to my arsenal, he grumbled internally. Something that can deal with pesky ice/ghost gijinka. But now was not the time for that. "Yes, I am," he replied to the Pupitar. "Let's hope this works," he muttered to himself.

Then the ice type spoke words that threatened to unravel what little control he had over his temper. "It seems you've grown since that night. Perhaps next this one will pay the others a visit, test this one's strength against theirs."

"Ha!" he laughed. He had to. It was that or lose himself to the fire burning within. "You are foolish if you think any of us will be as easy to take down as the kit. Killing a child...you must be so proud of yourself," he sneered. He might be strong, but so were the rest of the former S.S. Showdown crew.

At that moment, Dora lifted the cloak off of her. "Whoa, Fawkes is MAGIC!" she exclaimed. Easter twitched when a hailstone hit her in the face. Hopefully she would be able to bear it for now.

He didn't have time for much more thought on the matter when the Froslass lobbed an Ice Shard at the Pupitar, striking him in the knee. Before he could approach the rock type, he had his own attack to deal with. A Shadow Ball, which he jumped out of the way to avoid. Part of it had hit him though, and he winced. While he was used to pain, he hadn't expected quite that much from one attack. He was about to rise and deal out a Swift when Dora decided to jump in. "Dora, what are you doing?!" he shouted in panic.

The Wooper took a wide stance and launched a Water Gun at the Froslass, hitting them on the side of the head. "No more hurting friends!" she declared.

"You dare?" They spoke, angered. Dora didn't seem to realize just what she had done, but Easter did.

Jumping in front of Dora, he launched another Swift to distract the Froslass, before grabbing the water type and bringing her back to where they were before. "Thank you Dora. You were very brave. But leave this battle to the adults, all right?" he said. "If you behave, maybe you'll get a sweet." That had always worked on him before. He wasn't sure where he'd find one in this ruined city, but maybe Deoxys would give him something. They still owed him sweets, after all.

Kazo was quiet was he walked with the others. He wanted to believe everyone, it was just... it was hard to believe. He felt hollow now. Regirock was dead... He could never come back to prove himself. They could barely put a dent in him, but someone killed him. The thought frightened him as well. Someone was able to kill a Legend... it terrified him, honestly. He didn't know what to do.

And then there was this group he was traveling with. No one was phased! Was he in the wrong? Was he having feelings he shouldn't have? He had no idea. He was just so confused!

"Yes, I am," The man/woman/whatever replied to the Pupitar. "Let's hope this works,"

Denku barely had time to acknowledge, since he was hit in the face by hail. That hurt... but too make it worse, the hail distracted him from an icicle, which now had hit him in the knee, causing him to fall on his other one. Dammit, dammit, dammit! He rubbed his face and looked up. Okay, this was going to be as bad, if not worse than Jabari...

And then it instantly went from 'as bad' to 'the worst fight he had been in since Juyu'.

"No more hurting friends!" The small Wooper called out, firing a water gun into the Froslass's face.

"You dare?" The thing spoke angrily but the child was too happy and possibly too stupid to realize she was in great danger. Thankfully, the Sylveon was quick to go to the child's rescue. Good, good, it seemed it had a heart still. 

"Maybe we should look for the other kid too...," Denku muttered. This time though, he would stick to the plan. He let out a blast of air, kicking up snow and propelling him through the air, closing the distance between him and the Froslass. He charged a Dark Pulse in his hand and threw the punch, hoping it connected.

EOlaaCE.png?1

After walking outside of the arena hall, Nine started to take a brief look around for the Drapion girl, his search did not last all that long. As the girl had come out from wherever she had been waiting, it seemed that she didn't really find all that much enjoyment in fighting in the arena. Nine thought she was a bit weird and while her face seemed to be attempting a smile, only to fail, he could not shake the one question he had been meaning to ask Gwendoline since yesterday. Nevertheless, she was safe and that was good enough for now. All he had to do was get her back to the others and he was free to leave. Nine's expression was mostly distant at the moment, not really showing any kind of emotion as he was trying to think of the fastest path to get out of the city and towards Juyu. His thoughts were broken up as the girl had asked him a question. 

Seeming to readily snap back to attention, Nine looked at the girl with a smile on his face saying,"well, we have to go meet up with the others first. After all, we can't let them worry about us for too much longer right?" After having completely avoided the question entirely, Nine continued his ruminating until he noticed that Fiona had had her attention drawn to the arena, and wandered towards there regardless. Following after her, he saw that the dragon girl was being moved away on stretcher, having broken her leg in whatever fight she had partaken in. Well, that was one problem that got taken care of for him. 

As he was about to tell the girl they needed to get going to find the others, luck would have it that they were already found. As the ghost type had expressed concern for Alleria, Nine stated, "well, her catching up if you're leaving the city might be a bit difficult. Though, there's no harm in telling her you're leaving so as not to leave a maiden lost and confused."After having said that, his expression had a flash of solemness on it before returning to normal as he said, "and about where you're going next. I am afraid that this might be where we part ways. I have decided to go back to Juyu and check out what has transpired there for myself. And if you had no plans to head back yourself, I wouldn't want to be anymore a burden to you all in your journeys." He didn't really know what he would do once he was there. It wasn't like he was a great labor worker or had any experience in helping those rebuild, nor did he have much of a desire to. And vengeance wasn't really something that fit him either. Besides, if someone had managed to beat her of all people, then Nine knew he would stand no chance against them. Yet, just constantly pondering about what it was like or what could have possibly happened did not sit well with him, nor would his thoughts be able to focus on much of anything else if that was always in the back of his mind. 

Adarid City / ~

It took much longer than it should have, but they finally reunited; excluding the Altaria girl. However, since the rest of the group seemed content, and the request Alleria had given her was fulfilled successfully, Clotilde was rather satisfied with this outcome. It was here and now that Nine announced his departure to Juyu. If she remembered correctly, she overheard at the market earlier that it was Juyu that was ruined overnight. It was now her turn to decide her destination.

"I must admit, other than leaving this town I haven't given a thought to where I shall go next. I am rather lost."

Her ultimate objective was still to find Dialga. She had intended to leave Adarid because there was no information regarding the legendary, but now that the library burnt down, there's even less of a reason to stay.

"Please allow me to tag along for a while at least, Nine. Perhaps I'll find some clues in Juyu."

Team Mac, Day 15, Southshore

"Where are you?"

Kah would find the dock deserted. There would be a small shack nearby but, other than that, absolutely nothing.

And then she'd feel arms around her shoulders, and hear a voice in her ear. "You must know who...what I am, by now, correct?" The Gardevoir spoke quietly, with a hint of threat in her voice. "I hope you've come here with good intentions. It would be such a waste to kill someone as strong as you."

-----

"Excuse me, sir, do you have any specials? And are you still serving the lobster bisque?"

The Grumpig leaned forward, looking curiously at Suiten. "You...are you that one who wanted that weird Kalos dish? I'll have you know I tried and tried to get that recipe right but ever since our head cook...well, anyway, yes sir we certainly do. If ya just want the one it'll be 20 Poke. Unless you want one for your little friend over by the fire, playing with Porco. Bump it up to 25 and get one for him too." The aforementioned boar was currently sniffing at Ari curiously, tickling the cub in the process.

As the two talked, the door suddenly burst open once more.

Instead of an overeager Helioptile, a beautiful Milotic came into the room. Everyone turned to look as she strutted into the room, tossing her hair and looking about with a half-smile on her face. As her eyes alighted upon Kazo her smile grew dazzling. She walked up to him, taking care to place emphasis on every motion, until she was standing in front of him.

She looked up and giggled, sounding like tinkling raindrops. "Well hey there, aren't you a tall drink of...dragon." she said, running a hand up his chest. "What's your story handsome?"

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 15, Coldharbour

Froslass smiled lazily as the Swift struck them. They flinched somewhat at the damage but seemed none too worried.

"Thank you Dora. You were very brave. But leave this battle to the adults, all right?" Easter said. "If you behave, maybe you'll get a sweet."

Dora frowned, a deep concentration on her face. Sweets weren't something that really she minded either way, and it usually wouldn't stop her from helping, but the nice lady did seem very intent on her staying out of the fight. Maybe she really liked to fight and didn't want too much interference? Dora wouldn't want to ruin someone's fun...

Denku's attack was swift, swifter than the Froslass would have anticipated, however something seemed off when Denku reached towards them. Their body seemed to fade in with the hail, as if being cloaked by it, and his attack only glanced off their shoulder.

As the Froslass was suddenly turned by the force of the attack, their eyes flashed and they launched a close-range Blizzard at Denku.

Which never connected as Dora slammed into Denku, knocking him aside and getting caught in the Blizzard herself. It sent her into the side of the wall, the force managing to crack the wall slightly.

---

As Kyurem's attacks landed on Brooke she'd feel a pain like she'd never felt before. His strength was absolutely incredible and she could practically feel the rage emitting off of his body.

Deoxys snapped out of their concentration, having gathered as much energy as she believed she could without risking Brooke dying. She raced towards Kyurem, who was stuck in the middle of their Outrage, and the tentacles at Deoxys's side rushed towards him and Wrapped around his body, pulling him from Brooke and entwining him in the surprisingly strong tendrils. Kyurem, still in Outrage, began to tear at the tentacles, trying to break free of the bindings.

Team Karaoke, Day 11, Adarid Arena

"and about where you're going next. I am afraid that this might be where we part ways. I have decided to go back to Juyu and check out what has transpired there for myself. And if you had no plans to head back yourself, I wouldn't want to be anymore a burden to you all in your journeys."

"Please allow me to tag along for a while at least, Nine. Perhaps I'll find some clues in Juyu."

Gwen looked between her two new companions. It seemed that they wanted to both go back to Juyu. "Truth be told I want to know if they're okay as well..but hmm." She wanted to keep going. After all it would be nice to visit her home again and they were quite close. Then again this meant that they could return to the city after Alleria was recovered and keep going as normal, right?
She wasn't sure why she felt so attached to the Dragon girl but she just had a strong feeling that she'd like to try and keep her around. But she had an even stronger feeling that it would be good to travel with Nine and Clotilde.

Not to mention she was certain Lok would be worried, knowing how kind of a heart the boy had, and so it seemed her decision was easy.

"Let us go then. It would be a shame to say goodbye to such nice new friends, right Lok?"

She glanced over and saw Fiona, almost comically moving away slowly. "Fiona, are you coming or not?"
The other girl froze up momentarily and slowly looked towards the group. She seemed to want to refuse, but then a thought occured. They were leaving. Alleria wouldn't be with. Those remaining either didn't know, didn't care, or were too weak to do anything about her past. She smiled shyly at the group. "Of course." she said.

Gwen nodded and clapped her hands together. "Let us gather up any supplies we need and head for the exit then. We should probably stay in the city one more day, as it would be closer to night by the time we reach the exit. I shall find us an inn to stay at. Just Bewear of getting lost, teehee!"

----

Before Kayla could leave the city, she was forced back in order to stop a thief. Not an hour later, as she once again was attempting to leave, did a fight break out in front of the Nutrient Shop. And, finally, just as she got out of the city limits a child came to her crying that her kitty had gone missing.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst

Isole rolled her eyes at the group. She had no idea what was special about this guy or why they wanted him to come with but she had to get out of there before someone beheaded her for piracy. "You can keep trying to get him to come but I'm leaving right now, hurry up with whatever you're doing." With that she stepped into the tunnel, which led downward for a short distance before moving forward on a flat plane.

-----

The guards managed to lock the two back into their cells, making sure the bars weren't ripped off the one they were deposited in, and decided, seeing as they had been somewhat wounded in the process, to stay there to keep them from leaving.

-----

Alarik entered the topmost portion of the tower. There was a huge device atop of it, with three metal prongs, curved like claws, sticking up into the air and surrounding a platform. In the middle of said platform was a Gijinka who seemed to be tied to the structure in some way, with a strange energy being pumped from it and into the Gijinka. They turned towards Alarik and smiled without mirth. "They meant to use me. But I was using them. To keep those like you away. Seems it didn't work. My brother is dead; do you plan to kill me as well?"

Alarik nodded. "It must be done. But break those bonds first. I would have a fair battle with you, Regice." They raised their hand and a Sandstorm began at the top of the Fryst Tower.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine told the group his plans, he was mostly expecting them to go their separate ways. After all, they were likely headed the opposite direction of Juyu if they had just come from it, and Nine figured that seeing a ruined city wasn't on anyone's real to do list. However, much to his surprise, the other four had decided that they would travel alongside him. Briefly taken aback he listened to what the mismagius had planned and while he was anxious to leave the city as fast as possible, he knew that taking things slower was definitely the smarter approach. As the plans were finalized Nine simply said, "don't worry about getting lost, I know this place like the back of my hand." As he turned around, ready to walk forward, he said a more quiet,"thanks,"under his breath, a small smile crossing his face.

After the group had managed to find a place to spend the night at, Nine had decided to try and get something that had been nagging him for the past day or two. Walking over to the mismagius, Nine seemed to be back to his usual carefree demeanor as he asked, "Gwendolyn, would you mind speaking in private with me about something?" Taking her away to somewhere he was likely sure the others wouldn't be able to hear him he said,"sorry for taking you away like that but this about something important." With a more serious expression crossing his face he said,"who is Fiona?"While the statement was oddly blunt and not too telling he then back tracked a bit saying, "she wasn't there on the first day we met, and despite you all seeming to be good enough friends, no one seemed to inform her about what had happened there either."He didn't really suspect her of anything, but he had found it a bit odd to begin with and, given that they were traveling together now for an extended period of time, he felt the need to know if there was anything she was or wasn't supposed to know.

Kazo was still pretty torn up on the inside about what had happened, however, he decided to take a deep breath and try to push down those thoughts for now. He could deal with his guilt some other times, like when the others were asleep and he didn't have to worry about what they thought of him. That was a good thing, however, as the door had burst open, probably Mac returning. Kazo really didn't want another pep talk, so it was good that...

That was not Mac. 

It was a beautiful Milotic, and one that knew she was, easily seen by the face she strutted into the room, tossing her hair. Everyone's eyes seemed to be locked on her every move. Kazo felt his face heating up, and a familiar fear bubbling up inside of him. He looked away, sure that someone would catch her eye, someone not him. He was completely below average in every way, there was no way someone like her...

Would be standing right in front of him this very second.  

Kazo's heart sped up as she stood in front of him, giggling a little, which somehow reminded him of a light rain shower. He could feel his face turn redder as she looked up. Well, okay, she was looking at him, no big deal... it wasn't like...

"Well hey there, aren't you a tall drink of...dragon." she said, running a hand up his chest. Kazo could feel a shiver go down his spine, his heart pounding and his entire face and neck turning a bright red. "What's your story handsome?" This had to be a prank, a cruel joke of some sort. Why would this happen to him? No girl would do this, not without some sort of ulterior motive. What did she want? To hurt him? His money? He had some, but not enough. His eyes darted around, looking for an escape. He couldn't dig through the floor, or summon a Sandstorm... not without serious repercussions. He needed a way out of this somehow!!

"I-I... um... d-d-don't r-really...," He couldn't speak properly. Crap, this was bad. He wanted to move, but he felt like he was stuck where he stood. It didn't help that the hand didn't exactly feel bad, he just knew things would go wrong soon. They always did.

As Denku threw his punch, he noticed that the Froslass seemed to melt into the snow, and dodging a good portion of the attack. So she had an ability similar to Kaz's Sand Veil? That wasn't good. The Froslass went to attack Denku, to which he responded by crossing his arms, bracing himself for impact. However... it never came. 

The small child had pushed him out of the way of the attack, taking it for him. Denku could only watch as the child flew, smashing into the wall and cracking it, flopping to the ground. His eyes widened in both shock and anger. No! Why would the kid that the attack for him?! No no no! Using as much energy as he could, he ripped rocks from the ground, forming another Rock Slide that he fired haphazardly, more meant to keep the Froslass busy than to actually hit her. With the deed done, he rushed over to the Wooper.

"Kid, kid! Are you okay?!" He asked as he got on a knee and examined her body. He hoped she wasn't too hurt...

Adarid Team Karaoke

"Let us go then. It would be a shame to say goodbye to such nice new friends, right Lok?" Lok nodded. He had mostly been quite, clearly saddened by the fact that Alleria wasn't going to be tagging along with them. Still, she said she was going to catch up with them - they'd meet up at some point. He turned his attention to Fiona. Secretly, he was kind of hoping that she would also decide to 'catch up later', but as luck would have it she was going to tag along with them. "Let us gather up any supplies we need and head for the exit then. We should probably stay in the city one more day, as it would be closer to night by the time we reach the exit. I shall find us an inn to stay at. Just Bewear of getting lost, teehee!" And with that the group made there way towards there destination - Juyu. They had taken the time to take a place to rest for the night. Lok was relieved that they were finally leaving this place, but was also worried about what they'd fine in Juyu. The night was relatively quiet, save for the sound of whispering. He didn't know what this sound was, and was too tired to get up and investigate. 

Fryst Team Showdown

The blast from the giant blast and Isole reminded her that she didn't have much time to try and convince the doctor to leave with them. "You should know there is no convincing your king of that." She said, before turning her head towards the tunnel. She let out a sigh. "I'll tell your son where you are so he doesn't worry. I'd wish you'd come with us though..." She turned to Taiga, before turning back to the tunnel. She let out a sigh. As much as she wanted to bring over the doc back to his son, they couldn't stay and bicker about it for much longer. She had to make sure Isole got out of there. Hopefully Taiga could convince him to come; regardless of the results, however, Scarlet made her way to catch up with Isole.

FipiFwE.png

Poké: 320

"You must know who...what I am, by now, correct?"

As Kah suddenly heard the voice and felt arms around her shoulder, one other distinct sensation crossed her mind. A chill up her spine. Not one of excitement, but - for the first time since leaving Skuldafn - that of fear. Kah nodded in response to the question.

"I hope you've come here with good intentions. It would be such a waste to kill someone as strong as you."

Good intentions...right, that's why I'm here. I came here for power, not to fight this girl. What am I scared of? Shaking off the fear that had suddenly come up, Kah turned and nodded again to this freakishly powerful Gardevoir. "I'm here to take you up on your offer. I want power to find Legends and deal with them alone, and it looks like you know how to get that kind of strength. Though now that I think about it..." Reaching into the box of shrimp and briefly popping one into her mouth, before grabbing another one and holding it outward to this woman, Kah swallowed before continuing "You never mentioned what I had to do in exchange. What's in it for you and all? Name your price."

Let's get some power, Kah. Even if she had wanted to try something funny, Kah knew this Gardevoir was much better to have as an ally than an enemy.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Taiga rolled her eyes.  The doctor's timid demeanor and nonsensical attitude towards this whole thing was really starting to piss her off.  It wasn't long before she noticed that her fist had collided with Arthur's face, almost on instinct.  

"You're pathetic...you know that!?"  She was screaming now.  A cold wave of emotion fell over her...one she hadn't been used to feeling.  "I don't have a family...I have nothing...I don't know what it feels like to have any of that junk...but you wanna sit here...hoping for the day you can bring your family here under some, crazy tyrant?!"  A loud explosion could be heard coming from a tower in the Fryst castle.  As she looked over her shoulder, a large sandstorm had brewed.  Not to mention that neither that freaky new girl, and Cabrakan, were nowhere to be seen.  "Did those buffoons manage to get themselves captured?  Tch...no water off my back...I don't need no night light no more...peace out geezer."

Before Taiga stepped into the tunnel, she gave one final glare towards the good doctor.  

"You know...If I had a family...I'd never want to stay away from them.  Good luck doc'."  She followed both Isole and Scarlet into the tunnel.  

Adarid City / ~

They would be traveling with each other for a while longer. Clotilde could not say she was unsatisfied with such a development. The others seemed to feel the same way. It was like their search earlier simply hasn't ended yet, although now Fiona was with them. Clotilde decided to introduce herself to the other girl again. Gwen, Lok, Nine, she was familiar enough with those three but not Fiona. After searching for them for so long (an entire day and a little more) it was only customary to do at least that much.

The rest of the day Clotilde spent on restocking and repairing her clothes. The market was nearby and she was able to procure all the supplies she needed. Her suitcase felt heavier than it's ever been for a while by the end of it all. Mainly it was various medical tools and supplies, but a couple of books and clothes and secret rations were also included. It almost felt like the suitcase was bigger on the inside with how much was stuffed in. On one of her many rounds to the market she ran into a child asking another adult for help with a lost cat. Being the maid she was, she intervened and was able to reunite the owner and his pet quickly enough. That was the extent of how uneventful the rest of that day went.

Night fell and following Nine's recommendation they found a place to rest. When everything turned silent, Nine sneakily approached Gwen to talk privately. She couldn't help but overhear them discuss the matter of Fiona, the one girl in the group she wasn't familiar with. Although eavesdropping was bad manners, it was a common past time for a maid and she was also curious. She saw out of the corner of her eye, Lok was barely awake but he was curious too, although he seemed too tired. Still, she tried asking, "Shall we listen in further?"

Archived