Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

kMykmrI.png

The Grumpig leaned forward, looking curiously at Suiten. "You...are you that one who wanted that weird Kalos dish? I'll have you know I tried and tried to get that recipe right but ever since our head cook...well, anyway, yes sir we certainly do. If ya just want the one it'll be 20 Poke. Unless you want one for your little friend over by the fire, playing with Porco. Bump it up to 25 and get one for him too." The aforementioned boar was currently sniffing at Ari curiously, tickling the cub in the process.

Suiten tipped his head curiously. Had something happened to the head cook? He had quite liked her dishes...but then again, the few times he met her, she had always seemed...troubled. He sighed. Perhaps he had been away for too long. Then again, it was hard to keep track of time sometimes, especially when on the move.

Then the doors opened again. Suiten glanced back briefly to see what was going on, and then stopped, eyes widening slightly. Though he wasn't the only one. Most of the patrons were looking her way. As her eyes alighted upon Kazo her smile grew dazzling. She walked up to him, taking care to place emphasis on every motion, until she was standing in front of him. She looked up and giggled, sounding like tinkling raindrops. "Well hey there, aren't you a tall drink of...dragon." she said, running a hand up his chest. "What's your story handsome?"

Suiten chuckled at Kazo's flabbergasted expression. "Sure, I'll get one for him too. Though I might have to rescue the Gabite over there before he turns into a tomato."

Meanwhile, Ari was giggling as the boar sniffed him, clutching its furry sides. "Heehee, that tickles!" He hadn't noticed the Milotic's entrance at all.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

"Maybe we should look for the other kid too...," Denku muttered.

"If I'm right, we won't have to worry about her," Easter replied, but didn't say anything more for fear of drawing attention to her absence. She had been smart to hightail it like she had. Not at all like Dora was behaving.

Especially when Dora threw herself into the Froslass' Blizzard attack. Seeing her hit the wall like that caused Easter's eyes to widen in fear and concern. Denku got there first, however, throwing a Rock Slide toward the ice type before crouching in front of the Wooper. "Kid, kid! Are you okay?!"

Much as he would like to go over there and check on her, Easter couldn't let both of them get distracted by this. Huffing, he glared down the Froslass. "You are pushing your luck," he gritted out. Fingers clenched into fists, nails leaving sickle-shaped marks in his palms. A Swift formed around him, aimed directly at the Froslass. Perhaps it was for the better that the enemy was ghost, making Psyshock near useless. He wasn't sure he had the calm to make such an attack anyway.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke grimaced, cracking her neck loudly as Kyurem was pulled away by Deoxys. She was definately gonna be feeling that in the morning. More importantly for the time being, though, was that it was becoming increasingly obvious that nothing she did was going to phase the legendary, and she was going to die playing the distraction. Hey. If you’re hearing this, ergh, reading this - whatever. We’re wasting our time. I’m gonna go find whatever’s making this guy so strong, just try and hold out for now.

She bolted after that, which was made harder because she was limping slightly on her left leg. She glanced up, looking for clues to where she was going - anything that could give her even a hint. It didn’t take long for her to notice that there was a huge dome of ice in the distance, which she was more than willing to bet had something to do with all this. Brooke pulled her scarf around her neck snugly, and brought a hand up to hold her hat firmly on her head, fire engulfing her as she ran to raise her speed.

Houses and wreckage flew by in a blur, her speed ramping up until she couldn’t make out anything but distorted blurs of color, until she collided head first with the dome of ice. It held strong, but the sudden halting of momentum sent Brooke tumbling to the ground violently. She looked up hopefully, but there was barely a scratch where she collided with it.

Well, she thought, rising from the ground and surrounding herself with fire again. One of us will break eventually, and it’s sure as hell not gonna be me.

[spoiler=Combat Information]

Level: 33

Ability:  Reckless. Basically, anytime Brooke injures herself with an attack, she makes sure she's gonna injure you tenfold.
Moves/Powers:

• Flare Blitz (15/15)
  • Superpower (4/5)
  • Head Smash (5/5)
  • Flame Charge (17/20)

Susano of the Flame: Encompassing Body

TL;DR: she ditched to head towards the ice dome and used Flame Charge to move faster.  -1 ATK and DEF, +3 SPD.

Team Karaoke, Day 11, Adarid Inn

"Gwendolyn, would you mind speaking in private with me about something?"

They had managed to get to the other side of the city and find themselves a relatively cheap inn. They had to share rooms but it was affordable and, given there was a large amount of people leaving the city, it was lucky they were able to find a place to begin with.

Gwen had been getting ready to rest when Nine spoke to her. She couldn't help but blush at what he said, remembering a story she had read before that had a scene like this.

She didn't resist when he led her out towards the lobby where the only person there was the night watch. Who was currently asleep on the job.

"sorry for taking you away like that but this about something important."

"Oh golly this is sudden." Gwen said quietly. What was she going to say? What was she going to do?
"who is Fiona? She wasn't there on the first day we met, and despite you all seeming to be good enough friends, no one seemed to inform her about what had happened there either."

"Oh." Gwen said, a bit dejected. She shook her head to clear her mind and got back on track. "Fiona is just, well, she's a girl we met when leaving Juyu. Apparently she was a fan of Alleria's singing..."

Gwen stopped herself. She was avoiding it, wasn't she? She had to be honest. Nine was trustworthy, right? She had to trust in her new companions. At very least she should explain when asked directly. "She was there. She...led the Godslayer to the Lake Guardians. I don't know what happened to her during the fight but...the next day she was so apologetic. I'm sure she was being tricked, or forced, so please don't do anything to her, Nine, promise me." She looked at Nine directly in the eyes, not flinching away, letting her eyes echo her plea.

From where Clotilde listened she would notice that the night guard was stirring and seemed to notice her standing there. It seemed he was ready to call out to her.

Team Mac, Day 15, Southshore

"I-I... um... d-d-don't r-really...,"

"A shy guy, hmm? But you look strong, you've traveled a while, haven't you?" The girl said, leaning forward. "My name's Melody. I really would love to hear about your adventures."

The boar, being somewhat clung to by Ari, stood up and started to, very slowly, make his way towards Melody. It seems that the boar knew her and was determined to greet the girl, even with Ari holding onto him.

The Grumpig at the counter chuckled at Suiten's words. "Don't worry Melody is harmless as long as you don't get on her bad side. But it looks like your friend has a few issues. Maybe it'd be good of you to help him out. I'll get your food ready for ya right quick."

With that he rang a bell and a young Spoink waitress came over to take the order and bounce her way upstairs, past Mac.

"What's going on here?" Mac said, getting to the ground level. She saw Kazo's situation and went right for him. "Are you trying to steal my lackey?"

"Oh who's this?" Melody said with a smirk, "Your girlfriend? A little...little, don't you think?"

------

"I'm here to take you up on your offer. I want power to find Legends and deal with them alone, and it looks like you know how to get that kind of strength. Though now that I think about it...You never mentioned what I had to do in exchange. What's in it for you and all? Name your price."

Ankou smirked as Kah spoke. The girl was bold, turning like that with her right there, and their faces were mere inches apart. Of course Kah leaned back a bit to get food but the distance was still not much. Especially with Ankou's arms still on her shoulders. The Gardevoir opened up to take the offered food into her mouth as she listened to Kah speak.

She smiled widely at the last sentence and leaned in, lips brushing Kah's ears. "It's really very simple." She said. "There are Legends near this place. All I need you to do is draw them out. I know you can find them better than I could. Especially with that group of yours. When they appear, you fight them, and when the time comes, and you'll know when it happens, you aid in their destruction. That's all I ask." She pulled back a bit, warm breath tickling the Hydreigon's cheek as she did, and watched for the girl's reaction.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 15, Coldharbour

The Froslass had to avoid the rocks that were sent their way. They missed but gave Denku enough time to reach Dora without issue.

"Kid, kid! Are you okay?!"

Denku would notice that Dora was injured, but, oddly, not nearly as much as he would have expected. It seemed that the wall had done more than the actual attack. She rolled over when Denku came to him and smiled. "I diiiiiid it." She said happily.

"You are pushing your luck,"

Froslass raised their arm and launched a Shadow Ball. Which collided with Easter's Swift and made a small explosion of colors in between the two. "Luck?" The Froslass spoke, in an almost amused tone. "This one has no need for such things. You mortals have yet to realize. The moment you entered this place you already have lost. The world you have stepped in belongs to this one. And intruders are to be eliminated."

BGM

Energy pulsed through the ice prison they were in. Along the walls distortions formed, causing a ripple-like effect on the ice. Through these ripples, icicles, several inches long, shot out. They came from above, left, and right, and were heading for both Easter and Denku.

Outside Brooke hit the wall to little effect. Deoxys, holding onto Kyurem, hadn't expected the girl to leave. Kyurem's thrashing became more insistent however and she knew she'd have to act fast. First, she realized that Brooke wouldn't be able to break through on her own. She wasn't a warrior, nor a killer, and she didn't have the pure power these things brought.
So Deoxys would help change that. Into Brooke's mind she placed a memory. Easter's memory. The memory of Dora being attacked by the Gijinka inside of the ice prison.

This done Deoxys turned towards Kyurem and let loose another Psycho Boost, striking the Ice Dragon with their full force once more.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst

Isole didn't notice as Taiga knocked the doctor out but she did hear her voice. Granted she didn't care much for what Taiga was saying. She was nearly at the end of the tunnel, with Scarlet close behind.

Finding another trap door, Isole pushed at it and, getting nowhere, asked Scarlet for help. With the two of them they managed to open the passageway to the air outside, though snow fell atop of them as they did.

The tunnel led right outside the wall and into a horrifying scene.

Above them there were many Gijinka still trying to scale the walls. Either by climbing or by flying, while the guards shot them down. However there were even more on the ground level.

None of them were moving though. As they all had been frozen solid by that Ice Beam from before. Isole looked on at the expressions of surprise, pain, and fear that were frozen on all their faces, and shuddered.

Trying to regain composure, Isole said to the others. "We need to leave. Fast."

------

Alarik took Regice's Ice Beam head on, blocking it with his armored arms, and pushed forward towards the center of the tower's roof. Once in front of the Legend, he slammed his fists down upon Regice, and he could hear a splintering sound as the Legend's outer shell of ice cracked.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Gwendoline started to answer Nine's question, he briefly thought about how things between Alleria and Fiona started to make sense. At least, why one seemed far more attached to the other, yet the roles seemed a bit reverse were that the truth. However, after telling him that Fiona was just a fan of Alleria's, the ghost seemed to start to trail off. Raising an eyebrow at this, wondering if she was holding something from him, the woman started to continue what she was saying. 

Nine's eyes went a bit wide as he learned that she was originally with the librarian. She was allied with the one known as God Slayer and had lead her to fight the lake trio. She was plotting to kill the guardians of knowledge, emotion and willpower. To rid the world of another legend. And for what reason? Nine had no idea. He didn't know what to think of her before, but now, he knew that she was without a doubt trouble. Nine's hands were clasping together tightly as he tried to figure out what the best course of action was for her. She was probably a font of information that he could take from, but she was also a threat to basically the world around them. Gwendoline seemed convinced that she was being tricked by the Xatu, but from the sounds of things she had acted her way into the group once before. So there was no telling what her true face actually was. 

While locked in these thoughts of his, Nine looked up to see the ghost's face as she told him not to do anything to her. While he was about to protest, he looked up and locked eyes with the Mismagius. Her eyes were one of genuine and sincere care, determined to make sure the houndoom did not do anything to harm Fiona. While he still had did not wish to trust her, he couldn't help but sigh in resignation as he looked to the ground. Looking back up to Gwendoline, a defeated smile on his face as he put a hand on her shoulder. "Alright, I promise. I won't mention a single word of this to her. Thank you for telling me, though."While he genuinely did not want to break this promise he had just made, he hoped that the drappion would never give him a reason to do so. A more relaxed smile crossing his face he said, "now, let's go get some sleep. We got a long few days ahead of us."

Adarid Team Karaoke

"Shall we listen in further?" Lok turned his head towards Clotilde. She also seemed to be curious about whatever that whispering was. He nodded quietly at her and, betraying his body, got up and went to where she was. However, once he got a better listen he realized what the whispering was - Nine and Gwen. He was about to leave there and go back to his bed before he heard Fiona's name being spoke. He was meaning to ask Gwen about Fiona himself - mainly, why they had her tag along after what she had done. While he wasn't the most comfortable eavesdropping, he wanted to hear what they had to say about Fiona. So he stood there, hearing the conversation of his friends. However, he turned his head towards where the guard was - whom seem to notice them. Panicking, he tugged Clotilde's sleeve to bring her attention to the guard. Hopefully, she'd have a plan to get them out of this situation.

Fryst Team Showdown

Scarlet turned her head back as she walked towards the tunnel, hearing her friend shouting. While she was used to her yelling at people at this point, something about the tone of her voice make Scarlet's heart sink. Shortly after, Taiga began to follow them. Scarlet wanted to talk to Taiga to check if she was ok, but there was no time, as the violent shaking of the tunnel reminded her. Eventually, they reached another trap door, which she and Isole managed to get open. However, what greeted them on the other side was horrifying.

Many gijinka were attempting to get over the wall; there efforts greeted by the guards shooting them down. Their fate, however, was much better than the ones on the ground level. Below were many gijinka standing perfectly still, faces of terror and shock on their face. Scarlet let out a gasp as she scanned the area. "We need to leave. Fast." Scarlet nodded, trying to hid her horror of the events that had unfolded. "We should be able to sneak by." She turned her head back to Taiga. She let out a sigh - Cab hadn't made it with them, nor did there new companion. But there was nothing they could do about it - all they could do is march on forward. She looked back at Isole and, nodding at her, started making her way forward.

Adarid City / ~

Before she could listen in much further, she felt a small tugging from Lok. She looked behind not a second too soon, for she saw a guard about to call them both out. Naturally that would be unfortunate. She had a reputation as a well-mannered maid to keep after all.

Immediately she got to work and locked eyes with him, casting Taunt. There was just enough moonlight illuminating the hall for proper eye contact to be held. It worked, and the split second the Taunt provided was enough. The guard momentarily froze out of fear and she leaped quietly(moving without sound was yet another essential maid skill) towards the guard, closing the distance and aimed for his neck with her Iron Tail-reinforced necktie. A second later she caught the unconscious man before his body hit the floor. She let out an almost audible sigh.

She turned around and signaled, soundlessly, towards Lok to return to bed. If all went well they'd both back in bed before the two returned. First she'll have to quickly 'dispose' of the body.

kMykmrI.png

"I-I... um... d-d-don't r-really..."

"A shy guy, hmm? But you look strong, you've traveled a while, haven't you?" The girl said, leaning forward. "My name's Melody. I really would love to hear about your adventures."

Ari clung to the boar as it moved forward. "Uwah? Where are you going, Mr. Pig?" Ari asked. The boar seemed to know the pretty lady in front of him, though. "Hello, pretty lady," he greeted. "And Kazo is really strong, super strong!" he bragged. "He's the best Chaser ever!"

Meanwhile, the Grumpig at the counter chuckled at Suiten's words. "Don't worry Melody is harmless as long as you don't get on her bad side. But it looks like your friend has a few issues. Maybe it'd be good of you to help him out. I'll get your food ready for ya right quick."

"All right," Suiten nodded, turning to make his way over, when Mac came down from upstairs. "What's going on here?" she asked, heading for Kazo. "Are you trying to steal my lackey?"

"Oh who's this?" Melody said with a smirk, "Your girlfriend? A little...little, don't you think?"

Suiten held back a chuckle. Mac wouldn't be very happy if he heard that. Still, it was kind of funny. "She's not his girlfriend, but they are friends," he said. "Pleasure to meet you," he introduced with a bow, "I, myself, am Suiten. We'd love to stay and chat, but Kazo needs to get his food ordered. If you'll excuse us," he looked at Kazo with a bit of concern.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

The Froslass raised their arm and launched a Shadow Ball. Which collided with Easter's Swift and made a small explosion of colors in between the two. "Luck?" The Froslass spoke, in an almost amused tone. "This one has no need for such things. You mortals have yet to realize. The moment you entered this place you already have lost. The world you have stepped in belongs to this one. And intruders are to be eliminated."

Energy pulsed through the ice prison they were in. Along the walls distortions formed, causing a ripple-like effect on the ice. Through these ripples, icicles, several inches long, shot out. They came from above, left, and right, and were heading for both Easter and Denku.

"Watch out!" Easter shouted, hoping to alert the Pupitar of the impending danger. Gritting his teeth, the Sylveon jumped in front of the Pupitar. While he couldn't block all the icicles, he could at least block them from one side. Summoning his Cosmic Shield, he watched as the spikes shattered harmlessly against it, his rage cooling enough for concern to surface. He wouldn't be able to keep this up. Something needed to change. They needed...a distraction. Denku had said he would provide it, but he was also distracted himself at the moment.

Glaring at the Froslass, he jumped forward, throwing a punch. While the Sylveon relied on the power of his moves for most of his attacks, he wasn't that shabby a brawler either. After all, he was an arena fighter, and one couldn't be afraid to get up close and dirty in the arena, or they would soon find themselves knocked out of the running.

The punch was just a feint though. The Froslass would likely avoid it with their speed, but in the moment they shifted their weight to do so, he would be ready with a leg sweep. Thus unbalancing the ice type and letting him land an actual hit.

"I-I mean... I-I haven't---," Words weren't forming. Why were words not forming? This always happened!

"Hello, pretty lady," Ari greeted. Thank god, tactical Ari to the resc--- "And Kazo is really strong, super strong!" he bragged. No! Stop it Ari! Stop that!! "He's the best Chaser ever!" Kazo could feel himself deflating on the inside. He only prayed to Arceus he didn't have to prove Ari's claim. At least things couldn't get worse---

"What's going on here?" Mac said, coming over. No, no, no, no! "Are you trying to steal my lackey?"

"Oh who's this?" The lady asked with a smirk, "Your girlfriend? A little...little, don't you think?" Kazo froze up right there. No, no... please don't think he was actually dating Mac. That was almost as bad as thinking he was in a relationship with Kah. Just because he traveled with these people didn't mean he was romantically interested in them!

"Sh-she's not my gir---,"

"She's not his girlfriend, but they are friends," Suiten in for the save. "Pleasure to meet you," he introduced with a bow, "I, myself, am Suiten. We'd love to stay and chat, but Kazo needs to get his food ordered. If you'll excuse us," he looked at Kazo with a bit of concern.

"R-right... food... th-that's a thing, right... um... t-talk to you  later...," Kazo said weakly to Melody. Well, that was a disaster avoided and one waiting to happen again. He didn't even know what to say. He was just so ashamed that despite what he went through, he stole froze up at a female. Arceus, he was pathetic.

"I diiiiiid it." Denku sighed in relief as he heard the Wooper cheer.

"Yeah, you did," He said, rubbing her head. "Just don't do it again, alright? You need to rest," 

"Watch out!" he heard the Sylveon call out before it threw up a shield of some sort. That was too close. They really needed to end this fast. Then again... did they need to defeat the Froslass? He looked over at her... the rod... whatever it was, she thought it to be important. And the legend... it responded to her having her rod around like it was the most horrifying thing it ever saw. So... what would happen if they broke it?

The Sylveon went to throw a punch, something he was sure the Froslass would dodge. However, that would make for a nice distraction. Using his pressurized gas, he blasted off, readying a Dark Pulse. As soon as the Froslass went to dodge, he threw a punch at the rod. Time to see how she would react.

FipiFwE.png

Poké: 320

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"It's really very simple."

That chill ran up Kah's spine again. Sure it wasn't every day Kah had her face this close to somebody else's, but even if it were somebody like Mac or Kazo, the dragon doubted she'd feel that chill. This lady really gave her the creeps.

"There are Legends near this place. All I need you to do is draw them out. I know you can find them better than I could. Especially with that group of yours. When they appear, you fight them, and when the time comes, and you'll know when it happens, you aid in their destruction. That's all I ask."

Find legend, fight legend, help kill legend. Easy. After popping another shrimp into her mouth and swallowing it down, Kah nodded and replied with "That's it? Should be easy enough." Kah was feeling a bit more optimistic about this whole power business. Like she was getting the good end of this deal. Even if she was a total creep, perhaps this lady wouldn't be as much a bother as Kah first thought. "If that's everything, I should probably get back with my group."

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

Why's it so cold near this thing? Fawkes mentally asked herself, arms wrapped tightly around herself, shaking slightly in the cold radiated by the Froslass's ice barrier.

She saw everything. Just because she was hiding away from this fight didn't mean Fawkes couldn't watch it. In fact, it was because she was hiding away that she had to pay attention. If the fight got out of the ice wall that Froslass had conjured, the Zorua would need to know about that. However, the whole thing seemed to be contained within the wall, which was a relief. Slightly less fortunate was that Fawkes was on the outside of it; the ice wall had only caught her copy. And to make matters worse, that Froslass didn't seem to have any trouble fighting both Easter and that stranger she'd never seen before. If Brooke were here...but Brooke was fighting that even bigger gijinka with some help from Deoxys.

I need to do something. B-But, what? I'm really weak and everyone's really strong and that Froslass has that weird rod that has something to do...with...

An idea had struck. A really bad idea, that Fawkes wanted nothing to do with. But if she just stood around doing nothing, that would make it her fault if something terrible happened since she could have at least tried to help and didn't. Even Dora was making an effort and--whoa whoa did Dora just save that stranger!? More importantly, that looked like it hurt. This was no time to just sit around. That Froslass had a rod that might have helped deal with Kyurem, and somebody needed to take it from her. Somebody fast who could snatch something and run, like a pickpocket. If only somebody like that existed.

Fawkes reached into her pocket and pulled forth the only bottle of Moo Moo Milk she had left. Maybe if I do a good job, Brooke or Easter will buy me more. Or maybe she could just get some herself; she did have some money after all. Whatever the case, something had to be done, and as far as Fawkes could tell, she was best-suited for the job. She pulled the cork off the top, put the bottle to her mouth, and started downing the liquid inside. I'm probably going to regret this later.

Once the bottle was empty, Fawkes got up to her feet. First order of business: Get into that ice prison. Glancing around, she didn't really see any type of entrance. Plan B. Bypass the barrier. Sneaking up near the wall, getting closer than she was comfortable with by any means, Fawkes focused as a second Fawkes came to be on the other side, trying not to look at the Froslass in the process. Amazing what one can accomplish with Double Team and a bit of creativity.

Take that rod from her and pass it to somebody.

Got it.

Fawkes and the illusion nodded toward one another before splitting up. The real Fawkes made a tactical retreat, fleeing to the nearest intact building (or at least, the nearest one that had four walls) and put herself in a corner away from the barrier. The fake, meanwhile, made a mad dash for the Froslass, watching above her for any hailstones that could impact and break the illusion. That kind of thing didn't exactly make it probable that she'd make it, but if the illusion could just last long enough to reach the Froslass, it could reach for and try to snag the rod. Of course, win or lose, it'd have to keep running. This wasn't exactly an environment for sitting still.

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke threw herself into the wall for what felt like the thousandth time. The spiderweb of thin cracks that had formed slowly over the course of the last few minutes spread a bit further, but the impact sent her painfully reeling backwards. She dropped to one knee and clutched at her shoulder, gritting her teeth to prevent the sound of pain that threatened to slip out.

Behind her, the battle between Deoxys and Kyurem continued to rampage violently throughout the city.

No… She could do this. Brooke slammed pushed herself back up to her feet, breathing heavily. She forced herself to put one foot in front of the other, powering through the bone-deep exhaustion, to move towards the dome. There was a lot more at stake than she could afford to lose - Dora and Fawkes were still out there, somewhere - and she refused to stand by while another city was destroyed.

She. Could. Do. This.

Brooke reeled back to hit the wall again, fire encompassing her to empower the attack, but a familiar presence inside her mind caused her to pause.

. . . .

Which never connected as Dora slammed into Denku, knocking him aside and getting caught in the Blizzard herself. It sent her into the side of the wall, the force managing to crack the wall slightly.

. . . .

BGM

“DORA!” Brooke screamed, but she knew the child couldn’t hear her. She was inside the dome, with Easter and a Gijinka the Emboar didn’t recognize. She was hurt, unconscious, dead. Brooke struggled to breathe through the thick clump of emotions in her throat, assuming the worst. The fire surrounding her flickered and died, like a candle snuffed out by the wind, and she almost collapsed. It was over.

And then, distantly, she heard the sound of fighting from inside the ice dome. They hadn’t won yet. The Gijinka that hit Dora was still in there.

Brooke’s fire returned instantly, stronger than it had been before. It was like an inferno, scorching everything in the area, and it continued to grow with each passing moment. Whoever was in there, they were behind Kyurem’s rampage. It was their fault the city was in ruins, and they were the one who had hurt Dora.

Brooke’s eyes dilated, and anger overrode every other emotion she was feeling. How DARE they attack a child? How DARE they hurt her child? The Emboar clenched her hands into fists, growling. She would teach them a lesson they wouldn’t forget. The fire surrounding Brooke grew and grew and grew, and it began to fully encompass her, like a great fiery suit of armor. Then, slowly, it began to take shape. It was almost beast-like in appearance, resembling a humanoid boar forged from fire, but only the upper half of its body manifested. That alone was enough to dwarf Brooke’s miniscule frame nearly twice over, and her shadow was lost somewhere in the center of its belly.

Nothing in her vicinity was left untouched. The street was scorched, buildings burned to ash, and even the dome began to melt. Brooke growled again, but it was deep and distorted, rumbling up from the body of the Susanoo. “You… Hurt… Her…” She said slowly and deliberately in the voice of Susanoo. It was hard to focus, to form words, to do anything. The fire was burning even her, and the power she felt was overwhelming. “You’ll… pay!”

With that, Brooke swung a punch, and Susanoo mimicked it. The massive fist of the fire avatar smashed into the wall with an unearthly amount of force, the shockwave of the impact throwing up a cloud of dust, but the dome withstood. The cracks from before had worsened considerably, less like a spiderweb and more like giant ruts at that point. Brooke swung again. This time, when the fire avatar’s fist smashed into the wall of the barrier, it exploded inwards, throwing gigantic chunks of ice around like they weighed nothing.

Without hesitation, Brooke lumbered into the arena, a small blip lost in the shadow of the Susanoo that encompassed her. Not a speck of hail got near her, evaporating before it could even get close. She tried to survey the scene, but it was difficult to do. She was in so much pain, burning alive within the fire, but self-preservation was trumped by the need to rip apart the creature who had hurt her child. And she could see them, fighting with some pink creature (distantly, she realized that was Easter).

With a vicious roar, Brooke threw herself forward at the Froslass, and the Susanoo raised a huge, fiery arm to crush it into the ground with.

Ability:  Reckless. Basically, anytime Brooke injures herself with an attack, she makes sure she's gonna injure you tenfold.
Moves/Powers:

• Flare Blitz (10/15)
  • Superpower (0/5)
  • Head Smash (0/5)
  • Flame Charge (12/20)

TL;DR: Broke the barrier and used her custom move. Attacked Froslass.  -1 ATK and DEF, +4 SPD.

Team Karaoke, Day 11, Adarid City

"Alright, I promise. I won't mention a single word of this to her. Thank you for telling me, though."

Gwen relaxed as Nine said this, though she felt a strange instinctive urge to knock his hand away. Flushing with the realization of her uncharacteristically violent response, Gwen floated backwards and stammered a "no problem" at the same time as Nine said "now, let's go get some sleep. We got a long few days ahead of us."

Laughing awkwardly at the moment, Gwendoline nodded and went towards the rooms upstairs. On the way she passed the guard station and noticed the watchman was gone. "Perhaps he had to use the bathroom? Oh I hope he's not too tied up, it would be nice to know someone is on the lookout." She glanced at Nine. "It's not always like this here, is it?"

The time it'd take to respond would give Clotilde and Lok a chance to return to the room before Gwen made her way up the stairs. She felt exhausted so she didn't say much to any of the others. She abscently hummed a

which she couldn't recall the words to as she got prepared for bed.

-----

The next day they would wake to discover the watchman being yelled at by his boss for sleeping on the job. "My, how unprofessional." Gwen said. "Isn't it, Clotilde? I'm sure, as a maid, you would never...Slakoth, hehe."

As they made their way to the gate of Adarid city they would notice the people whispering among themselves. There was a chill in the air and a sense of...dissatisfaction, nervousness, and weariness about the people that they passed by. Gwen wondered if, perhaps, they were afraid that the gangs would rise up once more. She wished she could do more but she was just one Gijinka, after all, what was she to an entire gang? Let alone two of them? It would be best to let the Emperor and his soldiers deal with this.

"Lok, I can't help but think about it, why have we not met before? What did you usually do back home? I keep trying to remember but I don't think I've seen you before. Alpha isn't that large yet..." Then again, thinking on it, there were very few people she could specifically remember from their shared hometown. It was a troubling thought.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Outside of Fryst

Isole followed Scarlet around the edges of the wall. Chunks of ice and, occasionally, falling Gijinka landed near them so they had to keep their wits about them to avoid being crushed by something. Isole was nervous. She knew at any moment a guard could notice them and think they were more attackers. They wouldn't last long in that case.

Still they didn't even have a destination in mind, so it was difficult, something she'd bring up if she wasn't already sinking back into her usual passive attitude.

Team Mac, Day 15, Wild Boar's Inn (Southshore)

Melody glanced down as the boar made her way towards her. She shook her head a bit in amusement and moved the rest of the way to meet him. "Careful Porco" she said gently, in a whisper, as she patted the old boar's head.

"Hello, pretty lady," Ari greeted. "And Kazo is really strong, super strong!" he bragged. "He's the best Chaser ever!"

Even more than Mac's interruption, this kid's words seemed to interest Melody. She tilted her head back to Kazo and gave a sweet smile. "Oh a Chaser my goodness."

Kazo's stammering responses were cut off by the much more elegant Suiten. "She's not his girlfriend, but they are friends," he said. "Pleasure to meet you," he introduced with a bow, "I, myself, am Suiten. We'd love to stay and chat, but Kazo needs to get his food ordered. If you'll excuse us,"

Melody had seen this man before but he always left soon after. She was surprised to discover he was in a group with these people. She had taken him for some kind of hermit.

"R-right... food... th-that's a thing, right... um... t-talk to you  later...,"

Melody frowned. As she was thinking about Suiten, Kazo slipped away. She couldn't leave it at that. Especially if he was a Chaser. "I hope you stick around, Mr Chaser." She said flirtatiously. "I really want to hear about your travels, and where you're going, please?"

Mac, coming down the steps, seemed to be in a better mood than before. "I can tell you all about it!" She said. "After all he's my lackey, we had the same travels...basically!"

Melody rolled her eyes. "I don't care about what you have to say, kid, I want to hear it from him. He's the one I'm interested in, not you."

Mac puffed out her chest and glared at Melody. "How about we fight and I SHOW you who's the interesting one."

The bartender, meanwhile, shook his head. "Kids." he said with fondness. "Suppose you're wanting some grub. Well, eat up, your polite friend there is paying I suppose!"

------

"If that's everything, I should probably get back with my group."

Ankou's hand trailed across Kah's neck, moving until her palm was directly above the Hydreigon's heart. She rested it there, feeling the heartbeat. "As you will. I'll be watching, dear Dragon, don't forget that."

The Froslass had never thought the little Sylveon would attack them in such a way. They weren't trained in close combat so the feminine male's attack managed to throw them off. However as the leg sweep unbalanced the Froslass, they attacked with an Ice Shard, hitting Easter in the side.

This gave them enough time to recover and launch a Shadow Ball at the Sylveon. Then they felt their arm being pulled back as the rod they were holding was struck by a Dark Pulse. It didn't break, but it did shift Froslass's attention. "You would harm this one's sacred object? Such sacrilege is not to be tolerated."

The icicles that were raining from the walls of the ice prison began to fall faster, a veritable rain of ice crashing upon Denku and Easter.

The Froslass laughed, not noticing the small fox that was creeping behind them.

They did notice as the behemoth of an Emboar came crashing into their prison. The roar gave Froslass the moment that they needed and Brooke would crush yet another Substitute.

From the top of the remaining half of the ice prison, Froslass launched a Shadow Ball at Brooke.

-----

Kyurem roared, letting loose a noise that would shake the very air around them, as they broke out of Deoxys's hold. The Psychic Legend had managed to damage him but he seemed to only grow stronger as the battle intensified. He grabbed hold of several of Deoxys's tentacles and pulled her towards him, grabbing her head and slamming it into the ground.

FxSKOUs.png

Inventory: Dusk Stone

“You… Hurt… Her… You’ll… pay!”

Both the real and fake Fawkes couldn't help but look at what had been conjured forth, wide-eyed in shock. People could do that!?

"You would harm this one's sacred object? Such sacrilege is not to be tolerated."

Right, the rod! Fawkes had a heist to pull off. Reaffixing her attention to the Froslass, the illusion clone snatched the rod from the Froslass's hands just as the barrier began to shatter. Perfect! The clone made a sharp turn, retreating from the fight. The real Fawkes, meanwhile, turned and bobbed between buildings to meet with her fake. The two crossed paths just briefly enough to pass the rod from one to the other, and while Fawkes would have loved to stick around and watch the fight...she did not want that Froslass to find her when she realized the rod was missing. And so, now that she'd done one of the two things she was best at - stealing someone's stuff - it was time to do the other. Fawkes turned, and started running. There was somewhere else she could be right now.

Fawkes was heading back the way she'd come from, toward the fight between Deoxys and Kyurem. Granted, she was taking a rather roundabout path - she had lines of sight to avoid and all - but with every spare second, Fawkes looked over the rod she'd stolen. How does this thing work? Do I just shake it around or something? All she really knew about it was who had it before her and that it had something to do with the big gijinka destroying the city. Part of her was considering trying to break it, but that didn't sound like the best idea out there. Where are you? Fawkes mentally asked, trying to get a thought signal or whatever out for Deoxys to pick up on. Come on, you can do this. I stole this rod from some creep; it's probably got something to do with that dragon. Any idea how it works?

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 320

The Gardevoir's hand ran down Kah's neck and onto her--I want to punch her I want to punch her I want to punch her I want to pu--

"As you will. I'll be watching, dear Dragon, don't forget that."

"Expect a dead Legendary soon enough," Kah nodded, moving the Gardevoir's hand off her chest and walking past her. There was a group to reunite with, and a Legendary Gijinka to hunt down and kill. Just the thought of getting to see one die, and being the cause, was causing her heart to race. How exciting! As she retraced her steps back to the Wild Boar - not really sure of other good places to start her search for the others - her thoughts were largely occupied by the sheer amounts of power Kah would have at her fingertips and the kinds of things she could do with that. When she got back to the Wild Boar, she conveniently saw Kazo. And the others too! And...some lady Kah had never seen before.

"Oh a Chaser my goodness."

Who's that? Kah was no love expert, but she knew women. She was one herself, after all. And she knew that kind of tone and posture. One of those water-types.

"She's not his girlfriend, but they are friends. Pleasure to meet you. I, myself, am Suiten. We'd love to stay and chat, but Kazo needs to get his food ordered. If you'll excuse us."

"R-right... food... th-that's a thing, right... um... t-talk to you  later..."

"I hope you stick around, Mr Chaser. I really want to hear about your travels, and where you're going, please?"

Nuh-uh. Kah made her way to the bar where the lot of them were gathered. Somebody had to get rid of her. Kazo was too...Kazo-ish to do it, and Suiten seemed too polite to tell somebody to get bent. Ari would probably be oblivious, and then...

"I can tell you all about it! After all he's my lackey, we had the same travels...basically!"

...and then there was Mac, who probably wouldn't be taken seriously at all.

"I don't care about what you have to say, kid, I want to hear it from him. He's the one I'm interested in, not you."

"How about we fight and I SHOW you who's the interesting one."

"I'll handle that," Kah bitterly said, setting down her shrimp on the counter within arm's reach of Kazo, and glaring at the Milotic woman. "Not sure who you are, but keep your hands to yourself. This guy's the only other dragon I've met since leaving home, and I don't plan on sharing him with somebody like you. Go find your own Gabite." As if to punctuate her statement, Kah reached for another piece of shrimp, popping it into her mouth and swallowing. She was nearly out at this point. Kah made a mental note to order more before the group left Southshore, plus even more for the road.

Adarid Team Karaoke

It was almost scary watching Clotilde swiftly take out the guard with such quick and silent motions. "Maybe I should become a maid" he thought momentarily, before quickly disregarding the idea as ridiculous. He was brought back to their current situation by Clotilde's signalling. Nodding, he quickly made his way towards the room, levitating to avoid making sounds on the wood. Luckily, they seemed to have made it just time in time, as not moments after they made it back Gwen and Nine entered the room. It didn't take long for Lok to go to sleep, despite what had just happened.

. . .

The next morning, they learned that the watchman got yelled at for sleeping on the job. Lok let out a sigh of relief - he didn't see how Clotilde dealt with the guard, and wasn't sure if the poor guy was even alive up to this point. Lok couldn't help but smile - they were finally leaving Adarid. As they crossed the people of Adarid, there was a sort of despair in the air. Looking at the people around them, most of them seemed either worried or dissatisfied. about something. Not thinking too much about it, he continued on, trying to ignore the sense of dread around him. "Lok, I can't help but think about it, why have we not met before? What did you usually do back home? I keep trying to remember but I don't think I've seen you before. Alpha isn't that large yet..." This was something that he had been wondering too ever since it was brought up - why doesn't he remember her. "Well, I used to hang out around with my friends, scare off some of the visitors with my friends, and uh..." He placed his fingers on his chin, trying to remember what he used to do. "Ah!" He snapped his fingers "I used to go exploring around - not very far, mind you, but enough to catch the attention of the Enforcer! You know, around the nearby forest and caves." He laughed a bit, remembering the times he'd gotten scolded by both his parents and the Enforcer. The more he remembered the people in his ghost town, the more frustrating it got that he couldn't remember seeing Gwen around. Maybe she was one of the Misdreavus' that lived back there? It was strange - the harder he tried to remember, the harder it was to actually remember anything. He kicked the dirt slightly in frustration. "What did you usually do back in Alpha? Maybe that would help me remember..."

PVLXe6V.png?1

The Susanoo’s arm smashed through the Froslass’ substitute, reducing the area they had been standing the moment before to a smoldering crater. Brooke grunted, pulling her arm back when she realized she had missed, searching for the Froslass. She found them on top of the wall of the prison, conjuring a Shadow Ball to launch at her.

Brooke started to raise Susanoo’s arms in a cross block, but she wasn’t fast enough. The Shadow Ball slid in between the fire spirit’s arms, tearing through its fiery abdomen and smashing into Brooke herself. She stumbled back, and for a second, the Susanoo began to flicker and die. Her vision started to blur, consciousness fading as the pain started to overwhelm her.

But Brooke surged forward, snarling, and Susanoo roared back to life in full force. She wasn’t going to stop, not even if it killed her. Growing up on the streets of Deku had taught her how cruel adults could be, even to children. Children who didn’t deserve it, who were just caught in the crossfire. She had spent most of her adult life fighting against that, giving lost children a home and a friendly face. This wasn’t any different.

If she backed down now, she was no better than all the people who had turned away from her as a little girl. She was no better than Sada, abandoning her responsibilities to the children relying on her.

Brooke wasn’t going to put Dora and Fawkes through that, ever. 

She put everything she had into the next punch, the long arms of Susanoo growing until they could reach the Froslass, careening toward them faster than should have been possible for such a large beast.

Moves/Powers:

• Flare Blitz (05/15)
  • Superpower (0/5)
  • Head Smash (0/5)
  • Flame Charge (07/20)

TL;DR: Broke the barrier and used her custom move. Attacked Froslass.  -1 ATK and DEF, +4 SPD.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Taiga had finally made it out of the tunnel to be met with the scene of raining gijinka falling from the skies.  She almost ran into Scarlet and Isole who were both standing among the forces that were trying to invade Fryst.  Taiga growled and pushed them both from behind.

"We need to go, NOW!  I ain't got time to deal with this muk right now!"  She said as she slid on the ice past the two.  "We need to head towards Coldharbour!  We got a message to deliver after all!"  Taiga rushed past all of the Gijinka that were running towards the wall, making sure to avoid them as swiftly as possible.  She looked back to the tower that was enveloped in a sandstorm, only to grit her teeth.  That crazy Steelix was probably messing this whole place up...but he had gotten her out of that jail cell. 

Next time they would meet, she'd make sure to thank him.  

"BUT DON'T THINK I OWE YOU ANYTHING BUB!  FUFUFUFUFUFU!"  

Fryst Team Showdown

Scarlet nearly slipped on the icy ground as Taiga pushed her from behind. "We need to go, NOW! I ain't got time to deal with this muk right now! We need to head towards Coldharbour! We got a message to deliver after all!" Startled at first, Scarlet nodded. "We should hurry; its only matter of time before they mistake us as one of them." She turned her head towards the terror-filled faces around her before shuddering. "Come Isole, I'll carry you like we did back on the wall." When Isole complied and got in her arms, Scarlet began to dash forward to catch up with Taiga. As she dodged left and right to avoid hitting the other Gijinka, she looked up at the tower to see a sandstorm covering it. She was almost positive that it was the Steelix' doing, for whatever reason. She didn't have much time to think about that, though - her first priority was getting out of here and to Coldharbour. Gritting her teeth, she pressed onward.

"I hope you stick around, Mr Chaser. I really want to hear about your travels, and where you're going, please?" This was really weird. No one ever wanted to hear him talk. What did she want? Was it some sort of trick? He didn't know. 

"I can tell you all about it! After all he's my lackey, we had the same travels...basically!" Kinda, not really? Kazo did spend a lot of time by himself. It was nice, but he did have to admit he enjoyed traveling with... Ari, at least.

"I don't care about what you have to say, kid, I want to hear it from him. He's the one I'm interested in, not you." Okay, now Kazo was confused. Did she really want to know about him? Why? What was going on? This was way too suspicious... 

"How about we fight and I SHOW you who's the interesting one." 

"I'll handle that," Kah bitterly said, setting down her shrimp on the counter within arm's reach of Kazo, and glaring at the Milotic. "Not sure who you are, but keep your hands to yourself. This guy's the only other dragon I've met since leaving home, and I don't plan on sharing him with somebody like you. Go find your own Gabite." Kazo looked over at Kah, confusion etched on his face. What the heck was this? She never was like this... wait. Was she the kind of woman that Sai warned him about? Was she... a yandere?!

"Wh-what the heck, Kah?" Kazo managed to get out. He still wasn't sure what was with her, and he promptly scooted down away from her some. He didn't know what was going on, he just knew he wanted out of this. 

"You would harm this one's sacred object? Such sacrilege is not to be tolerated." Denku grinned in satisfaction as he felt his fist connect to the rod.

"Are you going to make me regret it?" He asked cockily, hoping to throw off her guard. If they could make her sloppy, they could make her mess up more, and then they could--- was that an Emboar destroying the dome? He backed up a bit before looking for Dora. Maybe he should just grab the kids and get the hell out of here. The icicles began to fall from the ceiling of the dome, causing Denku to move quickly to avoid them. He fired off some air to dash towards where he last saw Dora. They needed to get out of here.

kMykmrI.png

Things started to pick up after that. Kah apparently had a crush on Kazo too. Gross adult stuff, but maybe Kazo liked it? He didn't seem to though. He even started backing away and stuff. "Yeah, Kazo's too cool for all your weird cooties!" Ari said. "He doesn't need to worry about icky marriage and stuff like that."

Meanwhile, Suiten shot an exasperated glance at the bartender. Somehow he got roped into paying for the whole group, rather than just him and Ari. Well, he had planned on paying for Mac as well, but the two adults would certainly cost a lot more. Rolling his eyes, he forked over the gold, grateful that he at least had a fair amount of money. Probably more-so than the other two, anyway.

The Samurott returned to the group in time to see Kazo back away from Kah as if she were possessed. His eyebrows lifted in surprise. "What's going on here?" he asked, confused, before shaking his head. "We should probably find a table. Excuse us," his last sentence was addressing the Milotic. "But it's about time for us to eat." Implying that they would soon be occupied and her presence would just be an interruption. He was curious about the Milotic, but he wouldn't sacrifice his companion's comfort for his own curiosity. It was obvious that Kazo was having problems with the situation, and he didn't want to make it worse.

"Yay, food time!" Ari cheered.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

Backing away from the Froslass, and grabbing at his wounds, Easter wondered if it was about time for a Wish. Still, he wanted to get a bit of breathing room before doing so. Thankfully his distraction seemed to have done the trick, as the Pupitar chimed in with a Dark Pulse. When the icicles rained down, he grit his teeth and tried to avoid most of them, though he didn't entirely manage. It was too soon for another use of his shield, unfortunately. The Sylveon wondered what would happen next.

He certainly hadn't expected for Brooke to come crashing through the walls of the ice prison with two punches, though. It looked like some sort of special move. In fact, it reminded him of...ah. He had battled an Emboar once. Very nice fellow outside the arena, with a fondness for alcohol and pretty women. There had been a bit of a mix-up at first, what with his appearance. Still, he had used something he had called "Susanoo of the Flame." It was pretty cool, and seemed to be something unique to Emboar gijinka, if he was guessing correctly.

Her presence seemed to have sufficiently distracted the Froslass, but Easter couldn't help but worry. He could hear Kyurem still, so that beast was obviously still running amok. Deoxys alone against that thing...Deoxys was strong but so was Kyurem. And Fawkes was mixed up there too somehow. Briefly, Easter wondered if he should swap places with Brooke, but looking back at Dora's prone body, he changed his mind. He was about to run for her when he saw the "hero" go after her instead. And, on closer inspection, she didn't look that injured. Assured that Dora was in safe hands for now, the Sylveon took the time to summon a Wish. Hopefully, his wounds would get healed soon, and he could get right back into the fight.

EOlaaCE.png?1

With the conversation finished, Nine and Gwendoline had left the area they had been talking in to go back to their room. Upon leaving the area, the duo passed the guard station only to see that it was abandoned. That was certainly odd, and upon hearing Gwendoline ask about whether this was normal or not, the houndoom simply shrugged saying, "could of sworn there was one there earlier. Maybe he had to go take care of something?"Regardless, the duo had gone back to their room, and without much more to do for the day, went to sleep. 

Upon the new day arriving, Nine had left the inn alongside everyone else, and with that, started making his way out of the city. As the group had started to pass through, there was an odd feeling in the air. one that felt of discontent. Adarid city was no stranger to having an unhappy populace, nor was it without its share of problems for the common folk, gang wars not withstanding. Yet this felt like it was a bit more intense than usual, and while Nine was concerned about it, he simply shook his head and decided to focus on the current task at hand. One city was more than enough to worry about as it was. 

As they left, both the ghosts started to converse about their hometown. Nine was a bit surprised to realize that they were from Alpha, not having them pegged as such from the onset. Everyone from there that he had met in his few travels to it were...unsettling. Not bad people, in fact they all seemed to generally be cheery yet, there was something off putting about the area as a whole. As such, with two normalish people from there here, Nine's curiosity was piqued. As he heard the two start to talk about it, he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the fact that the two didn't recognize each other. From what he recalled Alpha wasn't that large a place, and in smaller communities people tended to know who was who. As such, when Lok passed the question over to Gwendoline he added,"yeah, I'm pretty interested in what Alpha was like for the both of you. I've never spent much time there before but it seemed like a nice place."

Dora waved cheerfully with her shoulder at Denku as he raced towards her, even as the ice prison crashed around them. She called out towards them once they got closer. "Hi! You're very fast did you know that? I'm Dora. I'm not very fast. I'm from Deku! Well not originally. It got blown up though." She glanced at the city. "So did this place. I hope the floating city doesn't blow up."

The Froslass's foes were busy healing, or regrouping, except for that pesky Emboar. They didn't dodge fast enough as the fist slammed into her. However the Emboar had weakened herself and Froslass was powerful. The ice prison finished collapsing, Froslass with it, but in the commotion they slipped away into the Hail, which was picking up intensity.

Shadow Balls came from various areas in the now thick hail, being sent at Easter and Brooke both. Though it seemed that the attacks were from farther away than the Froslass's original location.

Come on, you can do this. I stole this rod from some creep; it's probably got something to do with that dragon. Any idea how it works?

Deoxys heard the call but, face having been bashed into the ground, they weren't in position to respond. The only thing that came into Fawkes mind was a "...Command." before Kyurem tossed them into a building.

The Ice Dragon stood to full height and seemed to be tasting the air. Something was different, but, what? He felt the shackles upon him loosen and hurried towards where he sensed the staff.

He stood before Fawkes, looming over her, with an emotionless, but oddly intimidating, gaze. He said nothing, did nothing, but his body was trembling. He looked like he wanted to crush the being before him but was being held back. However whatever was holding him back seemed to be weak and insubstantial. Fawkes would feel something in her chest. Something gripping at her heart. Every second she held onto the staff this became tighter, her breathing became harder, and her vision became darker.

Team Mac, Day 15, Wild Boar's Inn

"Not sure who you are, but keep your hands to yourself. This guy's the only other dragon I've met since leaving home, and I don't plan on sharing him with somebody like you. Go find your own Gabite."

Melody looked between Kah, Kazo, and Mac, and nodded. "So it's one of those things, I see..." She shrugged. "You seem strong, too, maybe you could tell me about your adventures instead."

"He doesn't need to worry about icky marriage and stuff like that."

"Marriage? Oh, no no no, that's not what I'm after at all." Melody said innocently. "I just want to know what you big strong Chasers are up to, that's all."

"We should probably find a table. Excuse us," his last sentence was addressing the Milotic. "But it's about time for us to eat."

"Tch. Alright, I see your owners need you, Mr Chaser." Melody said to Kazo, referring to the others in the group, bar Ari, and turned away. She began walking towards the door with a haughty and arrogant stride, tossing her hair as she did.

She didn't get halfway across the floor when she was almost dragged down by the sudden influx of children, formerly playing with the boar, all clambering around her, hugging her legs and gleefully shouting at her to play with them. "Ah, hey, n-not now, you...eeek!" the last was shouted as she was dragged down to the floor by the children.

Mac, confused, and having just been denied a fight, looked towards Ari. "We still need to have a battle sometime." She said. After all she needed to punch SOMEone once in a while, right? After this she gathered with Suiten, looking at him expectantly. "You're paying right?" She said.

Team Karaoke, Day 12, Adarid City

Well, I used to hang out around with my friends, scare off some of the visitors with my friends, and uh..." He placed his fingers on his chin, trying to remember what he used to do. "Ah!" He snapped his fingers "I used to go exploring around - not very far, mind you, but enough to catch the attention of the Enforcer! You know, around the nearby forest and caves."

Something stirred in Gwen as Lok spoke. Exploring the caves...

Darkness. Not the darkness she was used to but something far more deep. Something sinister beyond anything she had ever felt. A child, wandering too far, crying out for help. Tendrils surrounding them both. Ceaseless hunger.

"What did you usually do back in Alpha? Maybe that would help me remember..."

"yeah, I'm pretty interested in what Alpha was like for the both of you. I've never spent much time there before but it seemed like a nice place."

"A-ah, what? Oh, yes." Gwen said, trying to regain composure. "I tended to take care of the younglings, especially my siblings. I would read to them, teach them...our customs, and play with them." She laughed a bit awkwardly. "I suppose it was a pretty boring life, spending my time hanging out with children, sorry it's nothing too interesting. But, Alpha was always a good place for me. I liked the people. The Enforcer was...hm, actually I don't really remember him much. He was so strong though, incredibly strong..." She glanced at Nine. "Oh but you're strong, too." she added hurriedly, though she couldn't work out why she was concerned.

Gwen seemed to be somewhat lost in thought as she hurried them along. They had to get out of the city soon, before night fell once more, after all.

The Adarid gate was as impressive as it was the last time they were here, coming from the opposite direction, and Gwen once more marveled at the large structure. There was a line stretching nearly a mile, yet, she could still see the ornate carvings that had been put into it. She recognized the three Legends they met in the slums, carved near the upper right, and figured that these were depictions of Legendaries. Her eyes lingered near the bottom right, where a vague shape was, and she knew it instantly. Giratina, the Legend she most wanted to face. A shudder went through her and she quickly shook it off. "By the way. Is there any particular Legend you all want to find?" she asked as they slowly made their way through the line. "Lok told his I believe but the two of you I still don't know."

Team Showdown, Day 11, Outside Fryst

Isole didn't react as Scarlet picked her up. In fact it seemed that the girl had completely withdrawn within herself, becoming almost an ice statue in expression and action. She just wanted this day to be over. If this was what the world had in store for her she wasn't sure she wanted much to do with it.

The group was able to make it a fair distance away from Fryst, far enough to be out of sight of the one-sided battle going on there, when a snowstorm hit. Isole finally stirred and, getting out of Scarlet's hold without a sound, floated above the ice. "We should find shelter for the night." For indeed night had fallen and the snow was making the already low visibility even lower. Isole seemed to be fine out in the open, and simply found a spot in the road that was level enough to sit, and sat down without a word.

She glanced at the others passively, realizing they likely would have a bit more difficulty. Oh well, she thought, they'd figure it out.

Then she, and the others, would feel a sudden tremble as the area around them shook. A massive spike of energy, as if something had just been released, came from the direction of Fryst. The snow around them suddenly stopped. Something seemed wrong with nature itself and an unnatural stillness crept over the land.

-----

Alarik drew a shuddering breath, clutching his frozen arm, as he looked down on the broken, dead, Gijinka before him. Where once he sensed and incredible power there was now just emptiness. "Regice has fallen." Alarik said somberly. He glanced down at the city under him before making his way back down the tower.

"Marriage? Oh, no no no, that's not what I'm after at all." Melody said innocently. "I just want to know what you big strong Chasers are up to, that's all." Kazo sighed in relief. Well... that didn't seem so bad. Granted, he never thought she'd actually want to marry him, but at least he knew he couldn't disappoint her. Well, probably not more than he already had, anyways.

"We should probably find a table. Excuse us," his last sentence was addressing the Milotic. "But it's about time for us to eat."

"Tch. Alright, I see your owners need you, Mr Chaser." Melody said to Kazo, causing kazo to flinch a bit. Was that how people saw this? He supposed it made sense, but damn, that hurt. He should be used to it, but he wasn't. Course he wasn't equal to everyone else...

"We still need to have a battle sometime." Mac suddenly said, snapping Kazo back to the real world. "You're paying right?" She said.

"H-Hey, he shouldn't have to pay for everything...," Kazo muttered. "It's not fair for Suiten to have to pay for everyone. I can... get Ari at least...," He wasn't feeling so hungry at the moment... so he would have enough. He hoped.

Dora waved cheerfully with her shoulder at Denku as he raced towards her, even as the ice prison crashed around them. She called out towards them once they got closer. "Hi! You're very fast did you know that? I'm Dora. I'm not very fast. I'm from Deku! Well not originally. It got blown up though." She glanced at the city. "So did this place. I hope the floating city doesn't blow up."

"Deku, huh? I'm Denku, and I'm from Ogren," He comment as he scooped up the small Wooper into his arms. "Now, c'mon, let's find your other friend...," that kid had been missing for a bit, huh? The Emboar and Sylveon should have things covered. One was a fire type, so he had full confidence in her. He started up his feet jets again, pushing off the air he made and used it to skate over the snow, quickly picking up his cloak before skating off to find the Zorua. Considering that it seem the small dark type had vanished, it had to be somewhere near the legends, and that would be the least safe place for a child.

He wouldn't fail another kid, especially not now. Even if he wasn't a hero.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As the group had continued to move forward, they were eventually presented with the sight of the gate to city. Noting that they were getting closer out of the city, Nine had started to feel slightly more restless, though had managed to not let any of his nerves slip through by continuing to focus on the conversation at hand. While Gwen seemed to be slightly startled at the questions, she continued to recount her tales of her time spent in Alpha. The fact that she took it upon herself to take care of others and was an older sister didn't come as much surprise to Nine, as she seemed like a generally caring and amiable person, though he was curious about this Enforcer person that both she and Lok kept mentioning. And while Gwen seemed to remember that he was incredibly strong, there was something that struck Nine more about what she had said. Unsure of what to make of it just yet, Nine's thoughts were forced out of it as she seemed to hurridely mention that he too was strong.

Not entirely sure where the compliment had come from, Nine dismissively waved his hand, chuckling a bit as he said,"nah, I'm nothing incredible. Especially probably not compared to this Enforcer." Nine had always known that he was by no means the strongest person in Adarid, and that where he was now was only barely cut it, if at all, in the world he was in. And with what had happened the past few days, he had felt still lost in the shadow of heroes and legends past. As Gwendoline asked what kind of legend that Nine was chasing after he stopped to think about it for a moment before saying,"well, really if I could I'd love to meet all of them."

Starting to think of the ones off the top of his head he said, "I mean you have pretty amazing ones like Dialga and Palkia, that seem to be able to bend the forces of reality in some of their stories. Sure you have less impressive ones like the bird trio and beast trio but they stem from way more impressive tales and legends themselves. Besides, I'm sure they have their own stories to tell and purpose of being, so it's not like meeting them would be disappointing." After saying that, Nine's expression seemed to drop a bit as then said, "ah, my first meeting with a legend was way less ceremonious than I was expecting though. And I never really got to talk to Mesprit either. And I didn't get to talk to the other two for that long either.Letting out a slight groan, before hitting himself in the head as if to admonish himself for being so careless about his encounter, then seemed to have a look of realization on his face as he realized he hadn't answered the first question. "Oh, but if I had to pick one legend in particular than it'd have to be him." Upon saying 'him,' Nine pointed to the sky. "The King of the Sky, Rayquaza. He's undoubtedly the strongest of the legends and I'm sure any question I could have, he'd have the answer to."

After finishing his statement and hearing what the others had to say on the matter, he looked back to the ghost asking, "and what are you searching for?" As she mentioned that it was Giratina, Nine couldn't help but feel somewhat surprised. That was a rather odd legend to be chasing after, by anyone really, as it was practically an enigma even amongst all of the other legends. Nevertheless she probably had her reasons, though it only made him more curious about the girl. 

With that, the group had continued to move on from the city and had passed the city gate. As they made their way to Juyu, there were others that were alongside the road with them. A collection of poorer folks who seemed to have an equal concern of what had happened to the city and any of their family that might have been there. The day's journey had gone on without much incident, the daylight being burnt away and the night soon taking its place. As the day had been winding down, Nine had noticed that there was a group of rather thuggish looking people who seemed to be heckling a baby. More specifically, literally stealing candy from a baby.

While Nine found the act pretty juvenille and deplorable of the gijinka, he still felt as though others were likely to step up and say something to them even if he didn't. Unfortunately, going by past experiences, those other people were almost definitely the group he was accompanied with. As such, taking the initiative was more than likely the best idea here. Walking over to them, Nine kept his hands in his pockets, the houndoom kept a somewhat carefree smile on his face. "are you fine folk having fun?"

FxSKOUs.png

Inventory: Dusk Stone

"...Command."

Well, that was vague. Fawkes didn't really blame them for the vagueness though; after all, there was a big-ass dragon running around destroying everything, and Deoxys was trying to stop it. Speaking of big-ass dragons, Fawkes was now face-to-face with the thing destroying Coldharbour. In that moment, as she felt a tight feeling in her chest, as her breathing grew heavy and her vision dark, Fawkes was more or less certain Coldharbour would soon become her grave. She was shaking in her boots, and it didn't take a genius or keen observer to see that. "S-S..." It was just one word. Why was she having so much trouble getting it out?

Shakily pointing the staff at Kyurem, Fawkes said "S-Stop destroying th-the uh...the t-town." Fawkes was trying to sound strong, but her efforts were failing miserably. "Stop. Don't hurt me."

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 320

"So it's one of those things, I see... You seem strong, too, maybe you could tell me about your adventures instead." A sound of frustration escaped from Kah at the suggestion. A low, growling sound.

"He doesn't need to worry about icky marriage and stuff like that."

"Marriage? Oh, no no no, that's not what I'm after at all. I just want to know what you big strong Chasers are up to, that's all."

"We should probably find a table. Excuse us. But it's about time for us to eat."

"Tch. Alright, I see your owners need you, Mr Chaser."

The Milotic was soon after brought down by a swarm of children. That was the person Kah was worried about? Now that she knew that they couldn't even keep a few kids off them...then again, how would I get rid of a swarm of kids without hurting them? They don't exactly take no for an answer.

"You're paying right?"

"H-Hey, he shouldn't have to pay for everything... It's not fair for Suiten to have to pay for everyone. I can... get Ari at least...,"

"I'll cover us," Kah offered, raising her hand slightly and taking a seat with the group. "I'm not made of money though; somebody else has to pay next time." As if to signify who specifically she had in mind, Kah's eyes shifted over to Suiten. She'd make sure to get her money's worth from him whenever he wound up covering her bill. That was fair, right? Since she was offering to pay for everyone this time? So next time...hmm...when is next time?

Adarid City / ~
"That is..." Clotilde hesitated, hand on her chin, "a most interesting question."

She followed Gwen's glance to the decorations on the gate ahead and mused over it while listening to Nine's response. Legendaries, the conversation somehow turned to them. Although she was herself a Chaser, Clotilde was still fairly new to the field and worked solo, she had never really conversed in-depth about the motivations of her job with others very much. Unlike everyone else, her wish was much less noble, it would be demeaning, rude to state it. Ah, there it was, her own target was mentioned offhandedly right off the bat by Nine. It was a shame but now she lost the element of surprise for when it'd her own turn to talk. Nevertheless she didn't feel too comfortable having to say it but it would very likely make the group feel a little awkward if she uncharacteristically kept quiet now. Hm, what to do, what to do...

"As for me, I am..." She turned to dramatically face the sky, and filled her voice with equally dramatic vigor (without raising her voice, naturally. Another maid skill, this is), "...merely eager to get hired to serve a Legendary. Anyone will do. I wish to become the best maid there ever was. Naturally that requires the best master there ever was to serve as well!" 

Although the pose hurt to keep and looked a little ridiculous, she kept it for a good few seconds. Then she turned to Lok and prompted him for his answer in turn, all without breaking stride. Hopefully that would keep the questions from coming.

Way to Juyu/ ~

It had taken them a while(only a few days yet it felt like months) but finally they were out of Adarid. It was certainly worthy of celebration and every so often she would take out a tea set from her suitcase and start serving her three plus one companions her own brew, which was very much appreciated as the road to Juyu was rather dry and sandy.

They soon came across an unpleasant disturbance, however. Uneducated people.

Particularly of the hoodlum type. Especially when they were misconducting themselves against weaker innocent people.

Nine had taken the initiative and approached them already. She in turn undid her tie and followed close behind, enough to deal with any sudden attacks yet always two steps behind like a maid should. They did not look too challenging but it never hurt to prepare sufficiently.

kMykmrI.png

Ari didn't like this lady's tone. She was very pretty, but the way she had talked about Kazo... He wasn't exactly sure what she meant by "owners," but it didn't sound very nice. "You take that back!" he shouted at her. "Kazo is super cool and..." he trailed off, mouth agape, when he saw the children pile on the lady. "Uhh...you okay pretty lady?"

He turned back when Mac spoke to him though. "We still need to have a battle sometime."

"You're on!" he said, before his stomach growled. "Uhh...after we eat first, though."

"You're paying right?" the Helioptile turned to Suiten.

The Samurott was about to reply when Kazo spoke up, though his voice was still at a low mutter. "H-Hey, he shouldn't have to pay for everything... It's not fair for Suiten to have to pay for everyone. I can... get Ari at least..."

"I'll cover us," Kah offered, raising her hand slightly and taking a seat with the group. "I'm not made of money though; somebody else has to pay next time." Her eyes shifted toward Suiten, who raised a brow.

"As it is, I have already given the money to the bartender, so the matter is settled," he said, shaking his head at the group's antics.

"Food food food!" Ari cheered.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

Easter breathed a sigh of relief when the Wish took effect. Dora also looked to be up, which was surprising, considering how hard she had taken that attack. Maybe she was sturdier than he had thought? Either that, or she had a move similar to his Cosmic Shield.

"Hi! You're very fast did you know that? I'm Dora. I'm not very fast. I'm from Deku! Well not originally. It got blown up though." She glanced at the city. "So did this place. I hope the floating city doesn't blow up."

Easter didn't have time to worry about her for much longer, though. Shadow Balls were sent both his and Brooke's way. He noted that the attacks seemed to come from farther away and multiple directions, which wasn't that much of a surprise. The Froslass had proven themselves fairly wily so far. Leaping to avoid the attack, he glanced back at Brooke, before sending out a Swift into the hail. He hoped that it would hit. It hadn't let him down so far.

Archived