Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Adarid Team Karaoke

The other responded to Gwens inquiry about their legendary of choice. Surprisingly, it seemed that neither had a specific one they were hunting, although Nine had said he preferred Rayquaza. "Huh? O-Oh..." It had taken him a bit to realize where Clotilde was going with her rather dramatic prompting. "I'm, uh...looking for Hoopa. Hoopa has a bit of a local following in Alpha amongst pranksters. Like most of the kids that I hung around with, we hunted for Hoopa to hope to learn a thing or two." He laughed a bit. Not much longer after, the group made their way out of Adarid and towards Juyu.

~ ~ ~

Path to Juyu Team Karaoke

It had felt like days had passed since they left, although it really had only been a few hours. Lok was still deep in thought about what Gwen had said about her past in Alpha, trying to see if he could match that description to someone that he remembered. His thoughts were interrupted when they crossed paths with a devious group of delinquents - literally in the middle of stealing candy from a baby. Nine had taken initiative in dealing with the thugs, Clotilde following shortly after. Lok inched closer to Gwen, preparing a bright light in his hand in case things got hairy. Still, he had full confidence that Clotilde and Nine had this under control.

Outside Fryst Team Showdown

They had made it fairly far without catching the attention of anyone, thankfully. Unfortunately, a snowstorm started to brew around them. "We should find shelter for the night." At this point Isole had jumped out of her arms. Scarlet nodded. "We should find a place to wait out this snowsto-" It was then that the earth started to shake violently. The snow around them seemed to immediately evaporate, leaving only dirt in its wake. Everything seemed to stop at this moment, like nature itself had been violently changed. Scarlet turned back to Fryst, specifically at the tower that once hosted a Sandstorm. "W-Well, the snowstorm is gone. Ya'll still want to rest, or should we press onward?" She asked, trying to take control of the situation again. Still, there was a sort of unease in her voice - this wasn't the first time that the weather had shifted like this. Whatever was happening with the world and, more specifically, the legends nothing good could come out of it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

While all three had made it out of Fryst with their lives in tact, they had stumbled into a snowstorm.  They trudged on through the snowstorm, but as Taiga's shivers became more intense, she realized that they couldn't go on much further without freezing to death.  

"Out of the freezer and into the ice tray....fufufu.." she mumbled, her teeth chattering.

"We should find shelter for the night."

"Damn...if that damn geezer was here now, at least he could keep us warm!"  That's all that overgrown centerpiece was good for anyways.  As Scarlet spoke, the snow around them suddenly stopped.  A calm covered the landscape, and they could finally see.  It was still unbearably cold, but something seemed off.  The weather just changing out of the blue?  It was happening way too often nowadays.  "Don't tell me that place was harborin' some sort of Legendary Gijinka..."  All of the synapses in her brain tried to connect...that Steelix gijinka from before...the weather stopping...she was so close to figuring it out.  

"W-Well, the snowstorm is gone. Ya'll still want to rest, or should we press onward?"

Scarlet's question interrupted her train of thought.  However, she nodded.  

"I have no problems movin'.  It's up to you all."  She said, still walking through the snow.  

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke howled in anger when the Froslass slipped away into the blizzard. She tried to follow, but the ghostly Gijinka was far too quick for her. Before Brooke had even made it a few feet into the blizzard, the Shadow Balls started. The majority of them passed harmlessly through the top of the Susanoo, and the first few that did collide with the center of the Flame Avatar were warded off by the powerful fires. Brooke tried to react to them, but they were coming from all directions, too fast for her to block. Eventually one made it past her defenses, and she stumbled back, fighting to stay on her feet.

Another hit, and then another. She was a sitting duck, unable to dodge, and the Froslass had seemingly realized that Brooke was in the center of the Susanoo. When the fifth Shadow Ball hit her squarely in the chest, Susanoo began to lose shape and form. When the sixth hit, Susanoo began to flicker, and when the seventh hit…

Brooke collapsed. The Susanoo vanished like a snuffed out candle, and Brooke hit the ground like a sack of bricks. It hurt so much to even move. The hail was raining down on her, striking against her charred and patchy skin. It barely even registered, and the pain she was feeling was so great, she was starting to not feel it. She just felt…numb. It was impossible for her to so much as lift her arm, or move her head so that she wasn’t facedown in the snow. All that Brooke could do was listen, to the roar of the wind and the clamor of battle, and know that she hadn’t been strong enough.

Fawkes and Dora were still in danger. Kyurem was still tearing apart the city. She hadn’t even been able to deal with a crazy Froslass. She had gotten complacent since she was a teenager, living the cozy life running her shop, and now it was going to come back to bite her for the last time.

She was dying, and she hadn’t done anything she set out to do. All she could hope was that Easter took care of Dora and Fawkes in her stead, since she wasn’t going to be there to do it anymore.

[spoiler=Combat Information]

Level: 33

Ability:  Reckless. Basically, anytime Brooke injures herself with an attack, she makes sure she's gonna injure you tenfold.
Moves/Powers:

• Flare Blitz (00/15)
  • Superpower (0/5)
  • Head Smash (0/5)
  • Flame Charge (00/20)

Susano of the Flame: Encompassing Body

TL;DR: Knocked out. She's badly hurt, and getting worse with each passing second.

Team Mac, Day 15, Wild Boar's Inn

"As it is, I have already given the money to the bartender, so the matter is settled,"

"Hehe, told you he was paying." Mac said, strangely proud of this. She settled in closer to Suiten and grinned at him, happy about the food to come, and happy that Ari had accepted her challenge. It was gonna be a good day.
The food got there quickly, a large portion, larger likely than Suiten had intended, and the Grumpig watched him with a mischievous, yet oddly innocent, gleam in his eyes. "There you go everyone, eat up, this young man is paying after all."

Melody, getting free of the children, made her way towards the bar as well, though she, surprisingly, didn't seat herself near the group. "I don't want to watch you devour food like animals." She said offhandedly.

The Grumpig went towards her after the group got their food and began talking. "He's still refusing to come up here. You alright with visiting him again and getting the recent catches?"
Melody shrugged, tossing her hair. "Might as well, though from what I heard he's got a bigger catch than normal. Don't know if I can carry it all myself."

The Grumpig looked not-so-subtly at the group. "It sure would be nice to have someone strong to help the lady out." He said.

"That's, no, they shouldn't, I don't want them to..." Melody began, then coughed. "I mean, that's fine, I can do it."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 15, Coldharbour

"Deku, huh? I'm Denku, and I'm from Ogren,"

While Denku made his way around, Dora chatted happily in his arms, oblivious to the danger and the fact she was letting a stranger carry her. "Denku Deku Denku Deku hehehehe, I don't know what Ogren is that's not somewhere I've been I think it's too far from home." A beat. "My legs are little so I can't go far." Another beat. "I bet tall people go everywhere!"

"S-Stop destroying th-the uh...the t-town."

Denku and Dora would find Fawkes in a rather extreme situation, with a powerful being bearing down upon her. The Dragon paused as she gave her command. He leaned forward, through what seemed like great effort, and Fawkes would feel intense pressure. The rod in her grip would tremble and a small bit of blood would leak out of her nose. Then Kyurem would reach out and grab the rod, crushing it in his grip with surprising ease.

There was a rush of power which knocked Fawkes to the ground and pushed against Denku as Kyurem let out another roar. "AT LAST!" He shouted. "The shell will become the whole and the world will be covered in ice!" He let loose another Dragon Pulse, destroying a nearby building entirely with glee, and then he turned towards Denku. "I will start here." An icy mist emerged from his mouth as the air itself began to Glaciate.

Deoxys struggled to her feet, the right side of her face being cracked, with some sort of energy leaking out of it. She had to move. She sent out a signal to the rest, explaining that, without the rod, Kyurem was now vulnerable, as he had to draw his energy from himself instead of the rod now. But he would also be more powerful.

The Froslass realized as they heard Kyurem that the rod was stolen. So intent were they on their escape that they didn't notice until it was too late. They would have to retreat for now. Let Kyurem rampage and use his madness to their advantage.

Hit by the Swift, Froslass cursed the man who had attacked her in the midst of this hail. They would have to take care of that one before leaving, at the very least, else the Sylveon would get away with such an insult to one such as them.

The Hail began to clear up, and Froslass didn't bother to resummon it. Instead they used what was left of it to increase the power of their Blizzard and launched it directly at Easter.

-------

In a far off place, two pairs of eyes, long since closed, opened.

Team Karaoke, Day 12, Outside of Adarid City

Gwen couldn't help but relax as Nine talked. "Something about the way he rambles is soothing." She muttered. Then, realizing she said it out loud, covered her mouth in embarrassment. When asked for her own she grew a bit more distant. Mostly due to not being sure yet why she was after Giratina.

"...merely eager to get hired to serve a Legendary. Anyone will do. I wish to become the best maid there ever was. Naturally that requires the best master there ever was to serve as well!" 

Clotilde managed to draw a small, relieved, laugh out of Gwen. "Well I think that's a wonderful goal." She said sincerely, and nodded along to Lok's statement, remembering having been told about this before. "I should be on the lookout for any pranks in that case."

------

Gwen was about to use her experience in butting into gangs of thugs' business when Nine and Clotilde did it for her.

"are you fine folk having fun?"

She put an arm around Lok to keep him relaxed and watched for what the reaction would be from the pair.

BGM

"Yo uh, it's not what it looks like, I uh. I was just making sure it's safe, y'hear? Doin my duty as a good Samoan."

A nudge and whisper from his friend. "Samaritan, yeah, that! See uh...." He looked down at the candy and the group would see a brief look of relief on his face. "See look." He held it up and showed them a chip on the sucker. "This thing is chipped, sharp, y'see? Just saved this baby from getting a cut on the mouth, and this the thanks I get?"

He looked at Clotilde and, noticing the crowd gathering and getting anxious, pointed at Nine. "And who are you anyway? Some big shot noble with that maid of yours? What do you think you're doin talkin  down to me and my homie like that? You people didn't do nothin bout the gangs and now we gotta bounce on out of our own homes, it's all your fault! Now you're trying to make me look like the bad guy, y'all have no shame!"

The crowd began to murmur, seemingly agreeing with the man, and eyeing Nine and the rest with suspicion.

Gwen parted from Lok and floated next to Nine. She had heard enough. "We're not even from Adarid City, we're not rich at all, that's an unfair accusation."

"Yeah then why's there a maid wit you? Stop tryin to lie, you think we're dumb? That's it, ain't it? You're here to act all supposition aren't ya?"

Another nudge, another whisper. "Superior!"

Gwen opened her mouth to respond when a rock from the crowd came and hit her in the head. "Get away from us, rich scumbags!" Someone said.
"It's all your fault our homes are destroyed."
"You didn't do anything about those thugs cause they didn't hurt you in your houses of gold isn't that right?"
"They burned down my bakery! Who burns down a bakery!?"

Team Showdown, Day 11, Outside of Fryst

"W-Well, the snowstorm is gone. Ya'll still want to rest, or should we press onward?"

"I have no problems movin'.  It's up to you all."

The Sharpedo said this but continued to walk. Isole, not wanting to bother arguing, went along with them. The snow was falling less than normal and they managed to make pretty good time. It would be almost eerie how silent it was, as if the entire area was in mourning.

Nonetheless they'd travel quickly and manage to reach Coldharbour early in the morning. The city was much as they left it but there was a strange forboding feel about the place. Isole didn't like it. "I don't want to stay here." She said suddenly, the first words she woke the past several days.

"As it is, I have already given the money to the bartender, so the matter is settled," Suiten stated. Kazo clicked his tongue in disappointment. Guess it was too late now.

"Hehe, told you he was paying." Mac said, strangely proud of this. Kazo shrugged as he watched the Grumpig set food in front of them. It was pretty big portions. That was good.

"There you go everyone, eat up, this young man is paying after all." He said. Kazo blinked. Was everyone trying to rub it in? With a sigh, he took a quick bite. Man, the food was pretty good. He tried to stop himself, but he began to shove the food in. He was hungry! He barely noticed Melody walking over and taking a seat, but her voice suddenly coming out of nowhere made him nearly jump out of his skin.

"I don't want to watch you devour food like animals." She said offhandedly. Kazo swallowed his food self consciously and began to eat slower. He didn't like it when people pointed out things like that. Made him feel too much like his mom...

The Grumpig went towards her after the group got their food and began talking. "He's still refusing to come up here. You alright with visiting him again and getting the recent catches?"

Melody shrugged, tossing her hair. "Might as well, though from what I heard he's got a bigger catch than normal. Don't know if I can carry it all myself."

The Grumpig looked not-so-subtly at the group. "It sure would be nice to have someone strong to help the lady out." He said, the voice obviously hinting. Kazo had heard that tone many times in his life after all.
"That's, no, they shouldn't, I don't want them to..." Melody began, then coughed. "I mean, that's fine, I can do it." Kazo looked over, eyes darting between the two. He didn't really want to. He felt like this was a bad idea. Him, helping a female. He was bound to mess it up... however... he should be a good example to Ari, right? Yeah, he should. He needed to be more than a coward. Besides, it was just being a pack mule, something he could do easily. Finishing the bite he was eating, wiping his face before walking over slowly.

"I... can help," He said, managing to keep his composure by focusing on the Grumpig. He only hoped that when the inevitable answer from Melody came, he wouldn't break and become a fool. 

As Denku skated, the small child kept chatting away, which was adorable yet odd. She was a little too comfortable with someone just carrying her around. "Denku Deku Denku Deku hehehehe, I don't know what Ogren is that's not somewhere I've been I think it's too far from home." A beat. "My legs are little so I can't go far." Another beat. "I bet tall people go everywhere!" Denku chuckled a little. She was a cute little thing. 

"S-Stop destroying th-the uh...the t-town."

Denku heard the other kid talk and saw her... oh god. That thing. That... Dragon stood in front of her. This was not good at all! It leaned forward, through what seemed like great effort, the Kyurem would reach out and grab the rod, crushing it in his grip with surprising ease.

There was a rush of power which knocked the kid to the ground and pushed against Denku as Kyurem let out another roar. "AT LAST!" He shouted. "The shell will become the whole and the world will be covered in ice!" He let loose another Dragon Pulse, destroying a nearby building entirely with glee, and then he turned towards Denku. "I will start here." An icy mist emerged from his mouth as the air itself began to freeze slowly. Denku growled to himself as the legend got closer. The Pupitar walked towards him, but only to pick up Fawkes in his other arm and check her over. After he was done, he placed the two down, just as a message was placed in his head. So... he was vulnerable now...?

Time to risk his life... again.  

"Alright you two, check on your friend. She doesn't look like she's doing so good...," He said before he turned to the dragon. "Hey!" He called out to him, hoping to distract him as he stood his ground. "You're free now! You don't have to hurt this town! They did nothing to you! In fact, you could get revenge on the Froslass that dared to try to control you," He had to try to appeal to the superiority complex this thing had. "She humiliated you, after all, calling herself a God, one above you. Shouldn't you stomp her, and prove her wrong?" He hoped this worked. He rather not have to fight a legend.

Way to Juyu/ ~

In an instant the situation turned around. A mob of dissatisfied commoners surrounded them, dissent and tension rising in the air. Then a stone was thrown, it hit Gwen square in the head. That acted as the trigger for a loud and constant stream of outrage and complaints. People surrounding them were shouting, blaming the group for something they weren't responsible for.

"...!", before the rest of her companions could react, Clotilde pulled the girl behind her, her other hand drew out a clean piece of cloth which she used to wipe off the blood. "You shall be alright, Gwen. You committed no wrongdoing." She whispered, not just to Gwen but to the entire group to calm them down. Nine had approached the thug-like people with the intention of saving a child, he had done nothing wrong either but now he was getting stoned and his companion was hurt. Clotilde feared he would break from it, thus that was addressed to him too, even if indirectly.

The cause of all this was evident to Clotilde. It was herself. Although she was unemployed and thus not an actual maid, although she wasn't rich and neither were the rest of them, they were being outed because she wore a maid outfit. It was such a simple detail that it shocked her when she came to that realization. She felt compelled, in the face of such false accusations, to just walk, run away. But before anything else, she must rectify this misunderstanding that had harmed  herself even if it shamed her. 

Clotilde stepped forward, away from her companions, and unclothed herself all the way to her undergarments. Unlike her regular work outfit she had no time to fix those so they were in poor condition. On the other hand, her body was in pristine condition but days of travel had dirtied her skin. She dared not look at the crowd's faces to see their expressions to her, for she feared her own expression on her face would destroy the integrity of her action. She could only keep her gaze fixed on the ground below. "As you all can see, I am not wealthy, I wear little more than rags under my uniform. I may be a maid but I am an... unemployed one. These people are my travel companions, not who I serve. My condolences to you who've suffered from the chaos in Adarid, but none of us here are responsible for it. We meant no ill will, cease this."

kMykmrI.png

When the food arrived, Ari was taken aback by the amount. It reminded him, a little, of the feasts he had had back home. The nice pig guy spoke up then. "There you go everyone, eat up, this young man is paying after all."

"Hehe, told you he was paying," Mac grinned at Suiten, who shot both her and the Grumpig an exasperated expression. "Yes...I am," he muttered, glancing down at his wallet. It was...thinner than before. Sighing, the Samurott started to tuck in to his lobster bisque.

Ari, meanwhile, had gotten crab cakes, which he dug into with gusto. "Mmmph! Slimy yet satisfying," he praised, speaking with his mouth full. The pretty lady sat on a stool at the bar, though not next to them. "I don't want to watch you devour food like animals," which caused the Litleo to stick his tongue out at her. "Food is meant to be devah, uhh, devoured," he lectured.

"He's still refusing to come up here. You alright with visiting him again and getting the recent catches?" the pig guy had started to speak with the pretty lady.

She shrugged, tossing her hair. "Might as well, though from what I heard he's got a bigger catch than normal. Don't know if I can carry it all myself."

The pig guy looked at the group. "It sure would be nice to have someone strong to help the lady out."

His insinuation went right over Ari's head, but it didn't go over Suiten's. Casting the bartender an unimpressed look, he continued to eat. An honest, forthright appeal for help would have been accepted without a second thought, but this...well, he didn't appreciate being manipulated.

"That's, no, they shouldn't, I don't want them to..." Melody began, before coughing. "I mean, that's fine, I can do it."

This seemed to prompt a response from Kazo, who, after finishing his bite, stood up, and walked over to the two. "I... can help."

"If Kazo's coming, then I'm gonna come too!" Ari jumped up immediately afterward. He didn't want Kazo alone with the pretty lady. What if she did yucky stuff? Like try to kiss him or something? No, he would have to make sure she didn't do anything gross.

"I suppose I'll come too," Suiten sighed, anticipating what Mac would say next to him.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

It hadn't been long enough since his last Cosmic Shield, so Easter took the full force of the Blizzard attack. He had braced himself for some form of retaliation, but that had been more than he bargained for. Still. He wouldn't be able to see through the attack, so this would be a perfect time for the Froslass to follow up on it with something else. Or to flee. Which, judging from Kyurem's roars, was highly possible.

Cursing, Easter let the winds carry him backwards, rolling to a stop. He rose quickly, wary for a sudden attack, and letting out an annoyed sigh when nothing happened. Running forward, he stopped next to Brooke, and crouched down next to her, concerned.

The Emboar was lying facedown in the snow, though it looked to be quickly melting to water around her still-heated body. If this continued, she would drown. Moving her so that she was lying on her side, he glanced at her face and blanched. Her face was twisted in pain, and her skin was charred and patchy. There was a wound on her chest from the Shadow Ball, and every wheeze the fire gijinka took seemed to be made through great effort.

Easter hated the Froslass. He didn't realize he could hate so much, could revile somebody to their bones like he did, but he did. He probably wouldn't have a chance like this anytime soon. A chance to make the kit's murderer pay. A chance to make sure she wouldn't do that again to anybody else. They had already threatened the lives of his comrades as well. He wouldn't let that happen. But he also needed to stabilize Brooke, or she might very well die here today.

Closing his eyes and clasping his hands together, a prayer to the heavens, he directed his thoughts toward Brooke. Opening his eyes, he stood over her fallen form protectively. The Wish might not be enough to get her conscious again, but it should be enough to prevent the gijinka from dying outright. "Don't worry, Brooke," he whispered, words lost in the howling wind. "We'll get through this...together." He clenched his hands, images of a Bisharp trapped beneath debris flashing through his mind on fast forward. "I'm not going to watch another person die in front of me again."

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 320

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"As it is, I have already given the money to the bartender, so the matter is settled."

"Hehe, told you he was paying."

If she was being honest, Kah was a bit relieved she wouldn't have to pay. Paying for food for herself plus four others would definitely wear on her funds, and Kah liked to keep some money handy. However, she'd already said she'd pay for food now. Couldn't just go entirely back on her word just because somebody else was doing it, but if Suiten wanted to pay, so be it. "I'll cover us for next time then," Kah stated. Speaking of food, the stuff set in front of the group looked mighty appetizing. Kazo seemed to agree, judging by his getting right into it.

"I don't want to watch you devour food like animals."

This woman... Kah really wanted to say something in response. However, she never quite got the chance before a brief exchange went down between the Grumpig running the bar and the Milotic sitting away from the group. Big catches, not-so-subtle hints that they should offer to help, and the woman (thankfully) insisting she'd be fine on her own. Help yourself. Not our problem then.

"I... can help."

Dammit Kazo.

"If Kazo's coming, then I'm gonna come too!"

"I suppose I'll come too."

"Well look at that, you've got three helpful young men lining up to help you out," Kah chimed in, grabbing the last of the shrimp from the ones she'd gotten during her previous visit to this place and devouring them in short turn. Shrimp sent down the hatch, the Hydreigon turned her attention away from the Milotic and toward Mac. "While the boys help her, why don't the two of us figure out the next step in this little adventure of ours?" Kah, for one, had no interest in assisting.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone

It was right in front of her. Staring her down. With enough pressure to probably snap Fawkes in two if it were actual physical pressure. If ever a happy place existed in Fawkes's mind, Coldharbour as it was today was far from being anything like it. She could feel a bit of blood leaking out of her nose. Was it killing her just by looking at her? Were Legendaries really that powerful? Kyurem took the rod from Fawkes's hands and broke it surprisingly easily, and a blast of power was sent forth that knocked Fawkes right off her feet and onto the snowy streets beneath her.

"AT LAST! The shell will become the whole and the world will be covered in ice! I will start here."

Nope. Nope. Nopenopenopenope. We're dead. We're dying. We were lucky enough to survive Deku, just to die here in Coldharbour. When we die, will we get to meet famous people who also died? I bet if I...

"Alright you two, check on your friend. She doesn't look like she's doing so good..."

Only at that moment did Fawkes realize somebody - the hero from earlier - had scooped her up and set her and Dora down side-by-side. Finally snapped from her musings on death, Fawkes replayed the order in her head a few times. Check on Brooke. Brooke isn't here. Here is where the dragon is, so checking on Brooke means we're not where it is because we are not here. "That's a great idea!" Fawkes praised, clearly desperate to get as far away from this rampaging Legendary as possible. Adrenaline pumping, Fawkes scooped up Dora and - while slowed by carrying somebody bigger and heavier than her - took off as fast as her legs would take her. She didn't get very far, only clearing a couple blocks' worth of distance between herself and the big scary rampaging dragon before running out of breath and having to put Dora down again.

Between rushed pants to catch her breath, Fawkes said with the same frantic tone from before "Come on...hurry up...let's find Brooke...and make sure she...she's okay."

Path to Juyu Team Karaoke

Lok slightly twitched when Gwen put her arms around him, not expecting it. With a slight blush, he watched the chaos in front of him unfold. The crafty hoodlums had turned the tables onto them - now the crowd was against them, accusing them of being nobles. One of them even threw a stone at Gwen, hitting her square in the forehead. Rage started building inside of him, but before he could do anything Clotilde had already reacted, wiping the blood off of Gwen's forehead. "You shall be alright, Gwen. You committed no wrongdoing." She spoke to Gwen, although the latter half seemed to apply to them all. He took a deep breathe, lowering the arm he noticed that he had raised subconsciously. The light in his palm faded away as Clotilde walked up towards the crowd. And then she did something that no one would expect her to do. Lok face turned bright red as Clotilde started to undress. He turned his head and body away from both the crowd and Clotilde. "I just want to leave..." He mumbled to himself.

Coldharbour Team Showdown

The group had decided to go onward to Coldharbour, and made good time to get there as well. The area was extremely quiet - eerily so - and had a sense of dread to it for whatever reason. In fact, the whole trip up to this point had been like that. Whatever was causing this uneasiness, Scarlet was bothered by it, although she tried to not show it. "I don't want to stay here." Isole also seemed to be. Scarlet nodded towards Isole in agreement before speaking. "Let's find the kid, then get out of here as quickly as possible." She turned to Taiga to see her reaction before venturing forward to the town and started to search for the kid, asking around to see if anyone had seen him. Hopefully they would find the kid asap - the quicker they left the better she would feel.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

The walk back to coldharbour was monotonous and dull.  No gijinka spoke a word to one another on the way there, and the eerie silence of the tundra was ever so slightly starting to irritate Taiga.  Thankfully, they reached the small port village in a decent time frame.  Sadly, it was just as boring as when they first arrived.  Surprisingly, you could not hear the commotion coming from Frsyt all the way out here.  That meant this place was safe for the most part.  

"I don't want to stay here."

"You took the words right out of my mouth squirt."  Taiga said, her jaw fixated in a annoyed position.  

"Let's find the kid, then get out of here as quickly as possible."

"Tch...if we'd want to find him faster, one of us better get to strippin'!  FUFUFUFU!"  Taiga laughed.  That perv of a frog had to be around here somewhere.  "Search every wardrobe in the city until we find the one that croaks!"

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine had approached the man, he seemed to try and hand wave how he was just trying to prevent the baby from hurting his mouth on the candy. Obviously, the whole thing seemed to be pretty much a lie no matter how anyone looked at it, however, he and a few others seemed to be the only ones looking at the moment. However, as the punks were attempting to backpedal, they used the fact that Clotilde was dressed as (and sort of was,) a maid to their advantage, inciting the crowd against them into an angry frenzy. Nine was a bit a taken by surprise, both at the punk's ability to incite a crowd and at the raw rage that the crowd had towards the upper class. He had always known there was dissent amongst the people of Adarid, but it was seeming particularly bad when they were this easy to rile up. It wasn't much to try and use logic to appeal to them, but there was probably something for him to do to help them out. Before doing it though, Nine just took a quick glance at the punks with a single thought running through his head. All this for a piece for a candy? 

As Clotilde had started trying to appeal to them, Nine nodded at her plea. "We all wear the same things here and we all move down the same path." Moving his travel worn coat to showcase to the mob, he then said, "ragged and weary just like the rest of you. Poor and destitute, with nowhere to go back to. We know the fear of having to run through the streets, the noise of fighting and fire trailing behind us. Desperately searching for anywhere safe, anywhere to hide and weather the storm out. And so all we wish to do now is leave it behind us and make sure that those we care for in Juyu are fine." Looking at everyone with a slightly pleading expression he said, "so please, let us do just that without worry. After what happened there, and what has happened here, wouldn't you want to make sure that you knew they were safe and they knew you were as well?"

Team Mac, Day 15, Wild Boar's Inn

"I... can help,"

"If Kazo's coming, then I'm gonna come too!"

"I suppose I'll come too,"

"Well look at that, you've got three helpful young men lining up to help you out,"

"Isn't that nice, Melody?" The Grumpig said with a amused smirk.

"Yeah, how...nice." The Milotic said with the least enthusiasm one could muster. "Fine whatever just come with me I guess." She said, flipping her hair and strutting out the room. "And don't you think of taking advantage of the view, Mister Chaser." She said towards Kazo over her shoulder. As she continued on, unseen by the group, the girl cringed at her own words.

"The things I do for them" She muttered.

The girl led them from the inn and into the darkening outside. She walked with a certain sway to her steps and glanced back every once in a while to see what the three were doing. Every time she seemed to be hopeful they had walked away. She took them in a round about way, heading to the far outskirts of the city before finally circling around towards a small shack near the dock.
She knocked on the door and called out. "Hey it's me and..." She glanced back at the group again and sighed. "I brought some guests." She finished

The door opened up to reveal an elderly Politoed man who was carrying a basket of fish. "Oh guests, that's a first, Melody's friends are ya? Come in come in, it's a wee bit messy jes got done with another guest. I'm a popular man today it seems."

-----

Mac didn't like the thought of her lackey's helping someone else out but she decided it would be the heroic thing to do to let them go.

"While the boys help her, why don't the two of us figure out the next step in this little adventure of ours?"

"Huh?" Mac said, turning towards Kah with a start. Oh yeah, she and Kah were the girls of the group, weren't they? Mac hadn't thought about it all too much but she supposed it was a thing. "Well I actually....I didn't think about it much." She admitted. "I just wanted to leave Oasis. I guess...do you have any idea where a legend could be? Wouldn't it be amazing to meet one again?" There was excitement shining on Mac's face at the thought, though, she also remembered what happened to the last legend they met, and her face fell a bit. "I won't let this one die too." She muttered, almost to herself.

"Alright you two, check on your friend. She doesn't look like she's doing so good...,"

"My friend is right here, silly guy!" Dora said, looking at Fawkes in confusion.

"That's a great idea!"

It seemed that Fawkes thought the man was talking about Dora and Fawkes somehow didn't know she was right there, that was extra silly!

Then Fawkes lifted her up. "People carry me a lot. Faaawkes, I'm not a thiiing I'm a Doraaaaa" she said, trying to show the other girl that she was right there and she didn't have to check on her.

"Come on...hurry up...let's find Brooke...and make sure she...she's okay."

Oh Fawkes was looking for Brooke, that made sense! Wait is Brooke hurt?

"I'm not going to watch another person die in front of me again."

They reached Brooke just as Easter's Wish began to heal the woman. Dora tumbled out of Fawkes' grip and flopped over to Brooke in a bit of a panic. But she saw that the woman was not as hurt as her position implied. "Gosh, silly Brooke, laying down in the snow is bad, c'mon get up lazy bones." She began to try and move Brooke with her head.

-----

"You're free now! You don't have to hurt this town! They did nothing to you! In fact, you could get revenge on the Froslass that dared to try to control you,"

Kyurem looked at the being before him curiously.

"She humiliated you, after all, calling herself a God, one above you. Shouldn't you stomp her, and prove her wrong?"

"They will die." Kyurem said in agreement. "As all will. All will be nothing and finally I will have my place. You are in the way and so you will be first."

The ice that was coming from Kyurem seemed to be covering the entire area in a a fresh coat of ice, spikes started to form along the ground and buildings nearby, creating an unusual, almost alien in of itself, landscape. Denku himself would have to move or be covered in the ice as well.

Though that seemed to be too slow for Kyurem. He took a breath and exhaled and a mist-like cone of frost emerged from its mouth.

He was struck from behind by Deoxys's Flash Cannon, which forced Kyurem's head back and causing his attack to angle away from Denku, though the young man would feel the cold start to creep into him faster than before.

Deoxys stood, with part of her face missing, revealing the odd black nothingness underneath, on the opposite side of Kyurem as Denku. "Mission incomplete. Battle undecided." The thought passed through the minds of those nearby as Deoxys prepared to continue the fight.

-----

Froslass watched as the newcomers appeared onto the scene, and Easter regrouped around their fallen ally. It would be difficult to stay hidden now. Meaning Froslass would have to finish this soon.

She emerged from the dying hailstorm and threw an Ice Shard at Easter. At the same time they shot a Shadow Ball for Dora, in the expectation that the Sylveon would be too busy intercepting that to avoid the shard.

Team Karaoke, Day 12, Road to Juyu

Gwen stared in shock at the group before her. Was the world really so twisted that it spawned such hatred and fear? She pulled her hand away from her head and looked at the bit of blood that had come from the wound. A flash of red entered her vision as she looked at the one who threw it. But she closed her eyes tight and the uncomfortable feeling, and pain, started to fade away.

"As you all can see, I am not wealthy, I wear little more than rags under my uniform. I may be a maid but I am an... unemployed one. These people are my travel companions, not who I serve. My condolences to you who've suffered from the chaos in Adarid, but none of us here are responsible for it. We meant no ill will, cease this."

A cry of alarm sounded at Clotilde's actions but, as it was soon clear she wasn't flashing the crowd, there began some murmurs going around and the thug was looking worried.

I just want to leave..."

The mumbled words were hard to hear but a few of the crowd managed to pick up on it and more murmurs started, the crowd seemed to be turning back to the thugs.

We all wear the same things here and we all move down the same path." Moving his travel worn coat to showcase to the mob, he then said, "ragged and weary just like the rest of you. Poor and destitute, with nowhere to go back to. We know the fear of having to run through the streets, the noise of fighting and fire trailing behind us. Desperately searching for anywhere safe, anywhere to hide and weather the storm out. And so all we wish to do now is leave it behind us and make sure that those we care for in Juyu are fine." Looking at everyone with a slightly pleading expression he said, "so please, let us do just that without worry. After what happened there, and what has happened here, wouldn't you want to make sure that you knew they were safe and they knew you were as well?"

The crowd was confused, it seemed not all had heard the rumors, and those that did started to spread it around, and soon the entire crowd had seemed to have forgotten the group in their sudden rush of discussion. It seemed most blamed the so called emperor on what happened in Juyu and rumors began to crop up that he had it destroyed himself.

Left in an awkward state of being ignored and being under scrutiny the thugs looked around for something to turn things to their favor. That's when Gwen stepped closer again, wary of more rocks, and spoke. "Don't fret, young ones." She said warmly, motherly, and they looked at her in confusion and odd calmness. "You're scared, it's okay, but please, in the future, just own up to your mistakes...and please give that child their candy back you know as well as I do that chip isn't going to hurt a Flygon."

She got closer and closer as she spoke and the thugs got calmer and calmer. Finally she was right in front of them, patting them on the head gently and whispering something to them.

Nodding dumbly the two gave the sucker back and wandered back into the crowd.

Gwen turned with a beaming expression towards the group. "Well that's settled, let us continue, yes?"

The group continued on their way to Juyu and, four days later, they found themselves in the ruined city. It had been around a week since the attack but the city seemed to be damaged still. Refugees from both Adarid and Deku, bringing to the group the knowledge that Deku was destroyed as well and Thundurus killed, had, not realizing the state of the city, flooded Juyu. Which had brought with it both more volunteers and more mouths to feed.

As of such the city wasn't in as bad of disrepair as it had been but the food was being rationed out carefully.

There was no sign of the sheriff anywhere and rumors abound that she had passed away. Though Kayla, and an unknown Charizard who seemed to be acting as a volunteer deputy, were quick to deny these rumors. Still it was clear the city had seen better days and Gwen was heartbroken to remember how it had been last time she was there.

Team Showdown, Day 14, Coldharbour

"Let's find the kid, then get out of here as quickly as possible."

"Tch...if we'd want to find him faster, one of us better get to strippin'!  FUFUFUFU! Search every wardrobe in the city until we find the one that croaks!"

As it turned out this wasn't necessary. Taiga's voice had a distinct, loud, quality to it and a certain young Frogadier had been waiting to hear that voice again. He rushed out of the building he had been, where he was trying and failing to talk to the Octillery girl that was in it, and almost bowled over Taiga in his haste.

He coughed awkwardly and straightened himself, looking around the group with excitement that quickly slid from his face. "Where...where is he?" He asked, dejectedly.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Thanks to the help of the others, after Nine's speech had concluded, he breathed a small of relief. Thinking on it, he probably tried to play the sympathy card a bit too much, though, they were freed from any trouble that was to come from the crowd. Turning around, Nine then saw Gwendoline go to confront the candy thieves, and after having a few words with them, seemed to come back to the group with a smile on her face. Happy to see that everything was resolved, at least in regards to their safety, Nine returned her smile and said, "right. We got daylight burning and walking to be done."With that, Nine put on his black glasses, and started walking forward with the rest of the crowd. 

The following days, while he had seemed his usual self to the rest of the group, there was a sort of restlessness to his step. The closer they got the more he couldn't sit still and simply stop when everyone else did. However, he couldn't very well just walk 24/7 by himself either. As such, in order to better mask this feeling, Nine had kept his glasses on the entire time they were on the road. As the group had finally made their way to Juyu, it became much more difficult to keep his composure. Looking at the ruined town, he felt a large weight being placed across his chest as he couldn't quite believe what it was he was seeing. This had been one of the places that stayed constant during all of his travels. One that held some of the few people he could call friends in. To see it as nothing more than a pile of rubble definitely shook the young houndoom. 

As such, when they had finally entered the city proper, Nine knew that there were some people in particular he had to find. In the midst of this hectic and ruined situation, he needed to get to the bottom of what happened here. And so, Nine simply said,"well, I'll be off to the sheriff's station now, so do what you will."With that, Nine had started moving through the streets, not really paying any mind to whether or not the others were following. Despite trying to walk through the city, it was at a far more hurried pace than usual, and it still did not stop him from hearing the musings and mutterings of those around him.

Apparently the city of Deku had been destroyed as well. Even weirder, Thundurous had been found and killed as well. The idea that a legend had been killed gave some pause to Nine's thoughts, but they were quickly pushed as the circulation of the rumors that the previous sheriff had passed away had reached him. As such, Nine eventually made his way to the sheriff's station, and without much consideration to anything around him, attempted to go inside of it. 

Way to Juyu/ ~

The ability to finish reclothing oneself before being noticed by the others was yet another one of Clotilde's many, many maid skills. After crowd attention turned from her and her group to somewhere else, Clotilde quickly did just that. After Gwen dealt with the thugs through what seemed to be some unseen means of peaceful coercion(also known as the act of convincing), Clotilde walked over to regroup with them. Suddenly, she thought to herself.

That was quite embarrassing.

Now that Clotilde remembered what she just did. Like how fatigue suddenly hits after an adrenaline-filled situation has passed away, the feeling of utter shame hit her, like a wagon, it made her dizzy. From the outside it would look like she simply almost collapsed, barely holding herself together but in truth she was poorly resisting the temptation to crawl into the ground and hide. Some maid she was.

Emotionally exhausted, she only let out a subdued, "Apologies for making things awkward."

Juyu/ ~

"Well now." Having recovered, Clotilde confidently walked into town. It was not quite the flat paradise she had heard about, although certainly not of the resident's own volition. It was like there was a gang fight here too, but only worse.  "Since Nine's gone somewhere, I shall remain here near the gate, set up a camp of sorts. It would be terrible if we got separated without knowing where to regroup again. We may have to stay here a while and in the worst case the inn won't have space for us. And you two will?"

Juyu Team Karaoke

Luckily, they had made it safely through the crowd of people, and the trip to Juyu had been relatively quiet. Eventually, the group made their way to what was left of Juyu. They were greeted by not only refugees from Adarid but also from Deku, which had also been attacked. Another Legendary, Thundurus, had also been found dead. This put Lok at severe unease - whatever was out there slaying Legendaries it was bound to be very powerful. Maybe even as strong as the Enforcers. His train of thought was interrupted by Nine announcing that he was going to depart from the group to check out the sheriffs office. "Well now. Since Nine's gone somewhere, I shall remain here near the gate, set up a camp of sorts. It would be terrible if we got separated without knowing where to regroup again. We may have to stay here a while and in the worst case the inn won't have space for us. And you two will?" Lok nodded "Good idea."  It didn't take him long to think of a place that he wanted to check up on. "I'd like to go check out the festival area first and see if everything is ok." He turned to Gwen. "I'd like if you came with me, Gwen."

Coldharbour Team Showdown

It didn't take them very long to find the kid in question, as the young ninja in training darted towards them, nearly tripping in his excitement. The way his face beamed as he saw the girls made Scarlet smile, and the way his enthusiasm quickly faded away on the realization that his dad wasn't with them struck her in the heart. "Where...where is he?" The young boy asked, grief lingering in his voice. "He's ok in Coldharbour, however..." She hadn't realized how difficult it would be to share the news with the kid. "He didn't want to come with us. He's working with the king...he thinks he can convince the king to let his family move in with him...W-We tried to convince him, but..." She was staring at the ground. This was way more difficult than she had thought it would be. The kid stared at them, processing the information that he had just received. "No...You promised that...that he'd be here. That you would bring him back!" He clenched his hand into a fist, gritting his teeth in frustration. "I'm sorry...at least we-"

"You promised!" He blurted out in frustration, tears pouring out of his rage-filled eyes and down his cheeks before running off away from the group. "Wait!" Scarlet yelled out at him, before dashing towards him. While the frogadier was relatively fast, he was also a bit clumsy, nearly tripping on two different occasions. Scarlet just barely managed to catch up to the kid, nearly tackling him with an embrace. "Let me go! Let me go let me go let...me!...Go..." The kid flailed about, attempting to leave the iron grip of the metal clad girl, angrily pleading for escape. Eventually his pleads devolved into deep weeping. "It's going to be ok." She whispered repeatedly, attempting to calm the young boy. Eventually he did calm down, and was released from Scarlet's hold. Scarlet got on one knee and placed one of her pincers on the boy's shoulder. "Your father is doing what he thinks is best for you, at least you know that he's ok now." She got up and started walking about, before stopping and turning her head towards him. "Stay strong kid. Not just for your sake, but for your father as well. Things will work themselves out eventually." The kid nodded as she walked away towards the others. "We should get going now."

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 320

"Huh? Well I actually....I didn't think about it much. I just wanted to leave Oasis. I guess...do you have any idea where a legend could be? Wouldn't it be amazing to meet one again? I won't let this one die too."

"I...don't think we're in a position to stop anyone who wants to and can kill a legend." By "we", Kah of course meant "Mac". Not that she would say that right to Mac's face. Of course, saying to Mac "You can't stop it from dying because I need to kill it" wasn't the best approach to things either. Even a Hydreigon needed some tact. However, Kah did understand where the Helioptile was coming from on all her points. Wanting to leave home...Kah knew that feeling all too well, and she definitely wanted to meet another legend. Even if Kah's reasons weren't quite as benevolent as she'd imagine Mac's were. There wasn't anything to do about it though; it wasn't like Kah could go back on her word now, and she had no intention of upsetting that Gardevoir. Good thing she wanted that kind of power, or this would suck way more.

For now, however, she had to figure out what to do with plans for the night. This was an inn, so...

"Hey," Kah called out, looking over to the Grumpig running the place. "How much does a room for the night cost in this place?"

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone

"Gosh, silly Brooke, laying down in the snow is bad, c'mon get up lazy bones."

Was Brooke hurt!? Nononono! Not that Fawkes didn't trust Easter - far from it - but she wasn't sure about the Sylveon's ability to deal with two kids on her own. Not to mention Easter wasn't a fire-type that would be able to readily keep the group warm if they decided to head back up in Fryst's direction. Though, heading back up that way didn't seem all that smart. The only other thing that way was Deku and...well, Fawkes doubted anyone was eager to go back to that place in its current state. But that was beside the point. The bottom line was that the group wasn't complete without Brooke, and while Fawkes wasn't by any means strong enough to change anything, she wasn't letting Brooke go while she had anything to say about it.

Running up to and nudging Brooke with her small hands, Fawkes said "Come on, get up! We all made it out of Deku together; you're not dying here!"

kMykmrI.png

"Well look at that, you've got three helpful young men lining up to help you out."

Ari puffed out his chest a little at that. Kah had called him a man. Maybe he had gotten taller. He would have to check his height sometime. Eventually, he wanted to get as big as his dad. Or even bigger.

"Yeah, how...nice." The Milotic said with the least enthusiasm one could muster. "Fine whatever just come with me I guess." She said, flipping her hair and strutting out the room. "And don't you think of taking advantage of the view, Mister Chaser." She said towards Kazo over her shoulder.

The girl led them from the inn and into the darkening outside. She walked with a certain sway to her steps and glanced back every once in a while to see what the three were doing. Every time she seemed to be hopeful they had walked away. She took them in a round about way, heading to the far outskirts of the city before finally circling around towards a small shack near the dock. She knocked on the door and called out. "Hey it's me and..." She glanced back at the group again and sighed. "I brought some guests." She finished.

The door opened up to reveal an elderly Politoed man who was carrying a basket of fish. "Oh guests, that's a first, Melody's friends are ya? Come in come in, it's a wee bit messy jes got done with another guest. I'm a popular man today it seems."

"Excuse us," Suiten murmured politely as he stepped inside, twitching at the fact he didn't even have to duck.

"Woooow, look at all that fish!" Ari spoke, eyes wide. "I bet there's at least a hundred fish here," he was really glad he just ate, otherwise he'd probably be tempted to, uhh, take one or two.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

Easter breathed a sigh of relief when he heard the boar's breathing ease. It was at that moment that Dora and Fawkes appeared. Dora flopped out of Fawkes' grip and over to Brooke. "Gosh, silly Brooke, laying down in the snow is bad, c'mon get up lazy bones." She began to try and move Brooke with her head.

"It's best not to try and move her too much," Easter warned, crouching down. However, he didn't have the chance to say much more, instincts causing him to look up. Quickly realizing what was going on, he picked up Dora and winced as the Ice Shard hit him. The Shadow Ball blasted into the place she was previously standing. Dropping the Wooper soon after, he turned around, growling. "You're getting to be quite annoying," he muttered, running forward. "I think it's time I end this," he said, aiming a kick at the ghost. At the same time, glowing pink stars appeared around him. Because of his close proximity to the Froslass, they wouldn't be able to avoid any of them.

It seemed luck was on his side today. Ari and Suiten had stepped up to help, so the cowardly dragon wouldn't be alone. Still, the Milotic didn't seem very happy about it.

"Yeah, how...nice." The Milotic said with the least enthusiasm one could muster. "Fine whatever just come with me I guess." She said, flipping her hair and strutting out the room. "And don't you think of taking advantage of the view, Mister Chaser." She said towards Kazo over her shoulder. Kazo blushed a bit. Man, this was so weird. He never had anyone act like this, especially with the reason was he was a Chaser.

The girl led them from the inn and into the darkening outside. She walked with a certain sway to her steps and glanced back every once in a while to see what the three were doing. Every time she seemed to be hopeful they had walked away. She took them in a round about way, heading to the far outskirts of the city before finally circling around towards a small shack near the dock. She knocked on the door and called out. "Hey it's me and..." She glanced back at the group again and sighed. "I brought some guests." She finished.

This was so weird. She seemed to act like a cold girl, but then she seemed to want Kazo for something...? Was she another type of girl Sai warned him about...? Was she... tsundere?

"Excuse us," Suiten murmured politely as he stepped inside.

"Woooow, look at all that fish!" Ari spoke, eyes wide. "I bet there's at least a hundred fish here," Kazo chuckled and rubbed Ari's head.

"Um... H-hi," he said. "We're just here to help Melody... W-with you know... St-stuff...," Smooth as butter Kaz. Smooth as butter. "J-Just tell us what to do and we'll get started!"

"They will die." Kyurem said in agreement. "As all will. All will be nothing and finally I will have my place. You are in the way and so you will be first."

The ice that was coming from Kyurem seemed to be covering the entire area in a a fresh coat of ice, spikes started to form along the ground and buildings nearby, creating an unusual, almost alien in of itself, landscape.

Though that seemed to be too slow for Kyurem. He took a breath and exhaled and a mist-like cone of frost emerged from its mouth.

"You have got to be Psyduck-ing kidding me," Denku muttered as he used his pressurized air to shoot straight up. He needed to stop that Legend now! With no other option, he used his gas to dive at Kyruem, his body being surrounded in a black aura taking the form of a Dragon as he went to smash into the Legend Headfirst with Outrage.

Team Karaoke, Day 16, Juyu

"What could have done something like this?" Gwen said, looking around at the city. Such destruction, caused by a Gijinka? It was almost too horrible to believe. Yet she was standing right in the middle of it. She noticed there were people rebuilding, including some of the gang members from before, and she hoped that they would be able to help in some way.

Learning about Thundurus, only a city away, shook her up even more. Someone actually was going around killing legends, then? That wasn't just a rumor? How was anyone safe in a world like this?

Nine had left for the sheriff, it seemed he was in a hurry, perhaps they were friends? Or, something more? Her heart went out to Nine if that was the case.

"Since Nine's gone somewhere, I shall remain here near the gate, set up a camp of sorts. It would be terrible if we got separated without knowing where to regroup again. We may have to stay here a while and in the worst case the inn won't have space for us. And you two will?"

"I'd like to go check out the festival area first and see if everything is ok." He turned to Gwen. "I'd like if you came with me, Gwen."

"Well actually..." She had heard rumors of a man in the city who could help with memories. It was something she was struggling with these days and she wanted to go find him and see if this was the case. Then she suddenly remembered.

Fiona.

The girl had kept quiet for the entire trip and, in fact, she had all but been forgotten. She was very good at hiding her presence when it was needed and she really didn't want these people to talk to her too much. She knew who had caused this, especially after hearing about Thundurus. It was him. The Battle-God of the Godslayers. The Lucario whose powers far surpassed Kiwidinok's. So he was nearby. Perhaps she should contact him...but then again she couldn't be sure he wouldn't kill her for her failures right then and there.

"Fiona." She jumped as Gwen spoke her name and turned to the smiling Ghost.

"Why don't you go with Lok?" It might seem dangerous but Gwen was certain the girl wouldn't do anything bad. She had been with them for several days without even so much of a sign of causing harm. And this might help her feel more comfortable with the group. Plus it wasn't as though she was sending them off alone. An entire city of people were around.

That and Gwen couldn't help but think about how the two must be close in age...

"Er, should I...I suppose...okay." Fiona said awkwardly. She didn't expect to be thrust back into reality so suddenly but she couldn't exactly refuse the girl when she gave her that motherly look. Fiona grabbed Lok's hand suddenly and started for the festival ground. "H-here, this way." She said.

It seemed that the festival ground had been damaged the most. There was clear evidence of an intense battle having been waged right in the middle. However it had been cleared of rubble and was now serving as a camp for what seemed to be hundreds of refugees.

"Crazy innit?" A Vaporeon Gijinka spoke as they wandered. He was walking around with a sitar over his back, looking around in a strange mixture of apathy and intrigue. "Place used to be for worship ya know? Singers and musicians would make music in honor of the gods. Now it's just another place. That's how the world is these days. Just another place." He shrugged and put an arm around Lok's shoulder. "You're not from here, neither am I, and you will be gone soon too, just like a wave. That's the way to be, innit? In this world. Gotta be like a wave to survive." He glanced over at Fiona. "Your girl's cute, better keep her happy though, she seems like she could snap any moment. Hey girl, you need to be more chill, stress is gonna age you right quick." He then took the sitar out and started singing an unusual version of a

------

Near the entrance Clotilde would see many people coming and going. Though one of them seemed intent on sticking around. A Duskull girl who was floating in a lazy circle around the maid and her camp. Finally she spoke up. "You know. I thought that a maid would have more interesting stuff." Clotilde would then notice the girl had Clotilde's broom in hand. "Ah well, can't have everything, tootles!" She spoke before vanishing into the ground. If Clotilde watched carefully she'd notice a circular shadow racing along the ground.

------

Entering the sheriff station Nine would find a Charizard he had never seen before staring dejectedly at a pile of paperwork. "Why is there so much writing in this job?" He muttered. "Guess it beats being in jail but..." He looked up at Nine in confusion. "Did I leave the door open again? Uh, did you need anything?"

Team Mac, Day 15, Southshore

"How much does a room for the night cost in this place?"

"Just one room? Gonna share some beds are ya? Well, not my place to judge, 10 Poke a night a room if you please and, uh, please don't leave a mess." He gave a mournful expression as if someone had once left a mess so horrible as to scar one for life.

As they spoke the old boar approached the two. Mac looked at it as it started to nudge Kah and memories flashed in her mind. She steered the boar hurriedly away and then spoke in a whisper that would carry to Kah herself. "Don't, she might eat you, its a thing she does."

------

The Politoed seemed to be about to say something to Suiten, seemingly shocked to see him there, but Ari's exclamation stopped him.

"Woooow, look at all that fish!" Ari spoke, eyes wide. "I bet there's at least a hundred fish here,"

He chuckled and gave the boy a fond look, seemingly remembering something. "Been a while since a young one's been in here."

"Um... H-hi. We're just here to help Melody... W-with you know... St-stuff...,J-Just tell us what to do and we'll get started!"

"Don't be so nervous lad, I don't bite. Don't even have the teeth for it, see?" He opened his wide mouth and showed that, indeed, he didn't have teeth. "All I need you to do is help Melody to bring some of this fish back...actually." He glanced at Suiten, then Ari, and finally Kazo. "Maybe you can bring the OTHER fish instead."

"What?" Melody said suddenly. "You can't let them do that!" The Politoed looked at her, confused. "I mean, surely these Chasers have something better to do."

"Aha so that's it, is it? Thought you were just jealous. You've got to get over that Chaser fear you got. They look like nice lads. And that one...well that one is something special." He gestured to Suiten then. "But here, if it'll make you feel better." He knelt by Ari and looked him in the eye. "Can I trust you, kiddo?"

"Come on, get up! We all made it out of Deku together; you're not dying here!"

"It's best not to try and move her too much,"

"Of course she's not dying you silly billy" Dora said. "She's just sleepi-whoop!" Dora felt herself being lifted into the air and, soon after, dropped. "Wheeee" she said as she fell on her butt.

Looking up she watched the fight going on. The Froslass had taken a kick and then got hit by a facefull of stars. They were pretty stars, Dora decided. Though the Froslass didn't seem to agree as they shouted out from them. They seemed to have weakened greatly and a brief flash of emotion, panic, crossed their face before the mask came right on back.

"Very well." The Froslass spoke, ice forming around them. "Kyurem will destroy all of you anyway. This one does not need to bother." They launched a full power Blizzard into Easter's face then began to escape, running swiftly over the ice as though it were solid ground.

A roar shook the air itself as Kyurem was struck by the Outrage. They fought back against Denku, pummel him with his own Outrage. Both of the Gijinka hit each other multiple times in their thrashing, and, while Kyurem was clearly being injured, his power was still higher than Denku's. While he was focused on the Pupitar, however, Deoxys attacked from behind with a Superpower.
Cracks began to form around Kyurem's body, but still he raged, crashing his fists into both the Psychic and Rock/Ground Gijinka.

Team Showdown, Day 14, Coldharbour

"We should get going now."

Isole was thankful that Taiga hadn't been the one to talk with the kid. Though that being said there was only one thing she could say. "Pointless. Why did we bother with this place anyway?" She shook her head and sighed as she began to leave once more. It seemed that this place wasn't very welcoming anyway. After the talk with the boy it seemed the rest of the city were looking at them in disappointment and regret. Why does it matter? Everyone would die eventually what would one doctor make different?

The road towards Deku was a long one, especially as they wanted to avoid Fryst. At one point they thought they saw a Gijinka flying past them with several others in tow but it had gone so fast that it almost seemed a hallucination. It was a couple days of travel until they reached what seemed to be a traveling merchant. He had with him a rather talented young Abra who, for a fee of 100 Poke each, agreed to transport them to their destination. Thus they managed to reach Deku in two days of travel. Though Taiga would find herself appearing standing on her head.

Rain fell on a ruined city. The buildings, never the most stable, had almost all been leveled by some extreme force. Pieces of wood were scattered everywhere and most of it seemed to be scorched. Something devastating had torn through the city, leaving barely any buildings standing.

There were no people immediately seen. Though after a short amount of time they'd find a young woman looking through the wreckage.

Ari grinned, eyes closed in happiness, when Kazo rubbed his head. It reminded him a bit of his dad, and how he used to do that. He should really introduce the two of them. He was sure they'd get along since they were both super cool!

The old gijinka chuckled and gave Ari a fond look, "Been a while since a young one's been in here."

"Um... H-hi," super cool Kazo said. "We're just here to help Melody... W-with you know... St-stuff... J-Just tell us what to do and we'll get started!" He was even being super considerate, pausing in his words so the old man could listen and stuff!

"Don't be so nervous lad, I don't bite. Don't even have the teeth for it, see?" Ari was about to correct the old gijinka--Kazo wasn't scared after all--but he got distracted by his mouth. "Wow, how do you eat then?" he asked, before realizing that might not have been the best thing to say. "Oh! Umm, I didn't mean to be rude or anything."

The old gijinka continued speaking. "All I need you to do is help Melody to bring some of this fish back...actually." He glanced at Suiten, then Ari, and finally Kazo. "Maybe you can bring the OTHER fish instead."

"What?" Melody said suddenly. "You can't let them do that!" The old gijinka looked at her, confused. "I mean, surely these Chasers have something better to do."

"Aha so that's it, is it? Thought you were just jealous. You've got to get over that Chaser fear you got. They look like nice lads. And that one...well that one is something special." He gestured to Suiten then. "But here, if it'll make you feel better." He knelt by Ari and looked him in the eye. "Can I trust you, kiddo?"

"You sure can!" Ari replied, puffing his chest out importantly. "Don't worry, I'll do my best to deliver the fish safe and sound."

Meanwhile, Suiten was staring at the old gijinka with a bit of curiosity. Then again, it made sense that somebody from Southshore had heard of him, as he did like visiting the place now and again.

--

Easter watched in rising glee as a flash of panic crossed the Froslass' eyes. Got you, he thought darkly. They were nothing but a trapped rat now. And a trapped rat...well.

"Very well." The gijinka spoke, ice forming around them. "Kyurem will destroy all of you anyway. This one does not need to bother." With that, they launched a full power Blizzard into Easter's face.

Trapped rats fought back. As he well knew from his experience in the arena. Smirking, he summoned his Cosmic Shield once more, unsurprised when he saw the ice ghost fleeing.

"You think you can just run away?" he muttered, not moving to chase after them. "You forget...time's run out." He looked rather manic, glowing with pink energy, clothes tattered and covered in blood, with a positively evil expression. The gijinka stared up at the sky, watching the moon glow brighter as power gathered in his hands, till it formed a bright pink ball. Watching the retreating gijinka, having a sense of their speed and his own, he threw the Moonblast in such a way that it hit them squarely in the back of their head.

Sadly, it didn't seem to be the instant KO he hoped for. However, that didn't matter. He wouldn't let them walk away from this, regardless. No matter how many times he had to beat them down, he would do so, until there was nothing left of them but a shattered mess beneath his feet, until he was sure he had revenged himself on them. All thoughts of Brooke, Dora, and Fawkes had left his mind by now, focused solely on the target in front of him.

"You're dead," the words left him in a soft exhale as he approached.

--

A young woman was busy sifting through the wreckage. She seemed an odd figure amid the ruins of Deku with her flashy coloring, carrying a small umbrella to ward off the rain. "Humph, I can't believe I have to dig through all of this muck. And for what? My clothes are going to be absolutely filthy after this," she muttered gloomily, wincing every time her glove touched anything dirty.

As the group approached, she turned around, seeming unsurprised by their presence. "Greetings. I'd wish you a good evening, but it really isn't, what with this horrid rain and this horrid city," she made a face before glancing critically at the group, eyes lingering on the dirt and grime. "Actually, you might need the rain after all," she sniffed.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine had made his way into the sheriff's department, he wasn't sure what he was expecting, but the office working Charizard was not it. Looking at the disgruntled gijinka, merely pushing papers, Nine remembered that people had been talking about someone who had been helping out the deputy, and so he figured this might have been it. Thinking that he was at least in some trust with the other two working here, he walked over to the desk. His expression was neutral, and his tone was flat. "Where's Heather?" 

He was in no mood to dress up his words for the situation, and tried to get to straight to the point. 

"Sick." The reply came out quickly as if he has had to say it many times.

Frustrating. Typical and completely expected. Yet frustrating all the same. Nine was well aware that what the Charizard said was false. After all, even were she sick, she'd probably still work herself through it anyway, especially when the city was in a state such as this. His expression became more serious as his words became more punctuated. "Where. Is. She?"

The charizard stood up, clearly not threatened. "You're not the first to ask and you won't be the last. She's sick." As the two were now level with each other, the Charizard's eyes narrowed at the houndoom. "Have I seen you before?" 

The words, as if practiced and repeated time and again, came out equally fast from the Houndoom's mouth. "I have one of those faces." Nine continued to lock eyes with the Charizard, trying to see if he could figure anything out. All that he could glean was that, whoever this man was, he was likely to keep the secret without much more pressuring to be had. And while Nine was in no way a patient mood, he could not bring himself to start a fight in this ruined city. Especially not in here. Admitting his temporary defeat, Nine said, "fine." There was still another person he needed to see here, though he had already figured she was likely to not be here. "Then where's Kayla?"

The Charizard waved his hand around, absently. "You know. Around. She's all over the city these days. Only comes back to dump more..." he turned only to realize that his tail had touched one of the papers, setting it on fire. "Oh Heatran not again." 

As he started to try and pat out the fire, Nine simply put his hand to it, causing the flame to be absorbed into his body. The man hadn't really been much help at all, and Nine's mood was only souring as time went on. Nevertheless, he turned to find a chair before going to sit down on it. "Well," he started, "if she pops back in here, no harm in me waiting, right?"

He shrugged. "Sure if you're here you're not causing trouble....Though if she wants to talk to you she'll find you, you won't find her."

"Yeah, I know," the houndoom muttered. With that, he simply waited in the station, foot tapping on the ground subconsciously and eyes closed, trying to calm himself, while the Charizard had gone been to his paperwork.

Juyu Team Karaoke

"Fiona. Why don't you go with Lok?" Lok jumped, startled by what Gwen said. Before Lok could say anything, Fiona had already grabbed his hand. "H-here, this way." Lok was carried away by the drapion girl, his face bright red upon her touch.

Lok let out a gasp as saw the festival grounds - or rather, what was left of it. Instead of a joyous theater there was shelter in the ruins. "Crazy innit?" Lok was caught off guard by the Vaporeon. "Y-Yeah. I'd heard of what happened but I never imagined..." He turned to the stranger, noting the instrument on his back. "Place used to be for worship ya know? Singers and musicians would make music in honor of the gods. Now it's just another place. That's how the world is these days. Just another place." The Vaporeon placed his hand on Lok's shoulder as he spoke. Lok simply nodded, recalling the contest that he had seen not too long ago in this very location. He winced as he remember their encounter with the Camerupt here - to think that their little battle with such an opponent was nothing compared to whatever transpired here. Just the thought sent shivers down his spine. "You're not from here, neither am I, and you will be gone soon too, just like a wave. That's the way to be, innit? In this world. Gotta be like a wave to survive." His attention was brought back away from his thoughts. It was a strange way to put it, but he wasn't wrong. "It is..." He spoke before the vaporeon continued. "Your girl's cute," The second he said that blood rushed to Lok's face. "better keep her happy though, she seems like she could snap any moment. Hey girl, you need to be more chill, stress is gonna age you right quick."
"O-oh no, she's not my...N-not that there would be a problems with...I m-mean she is c-cute, but...u-uh-I didn't-" After stammering for a bit he buried his bright red face into his hands, clearly embarrassed.

Deku Team Showdown

Eventually, through the hardships of the weather, they made their way to Deku, only to find it in ruin. There were barely any buildings standing, only piles of rubble and wood. There was also not a single soul to be found. "What the hell..." Scarlet walked among the ruins of the city, remembering the times that she had visited. While it wasn't the most pleasant time, she would never hope for this to happen to anywhere, even if the place was a nest of crime. As she moved across the ruins, she did encounter a person - a young women dressed in pink. "Greetings. I'd wish you a good evening, but it really isn't, what with this horrid rain and this horrid city. Actually, you might need the rain after all." While rather rude, she had a point. She hadn't realized how dirty they were, but then again they had been on the road for a rather long time. "Sorry about that. We've been travelling for quite a while without any time to rest or, well...shower..." She looked around the wasteland around her. "...what happened here?" She was also curious to know what the girl was doing here in the first place, but that question would come later.

"Don't be so nervous lad, I don't bite. Don't even have the teeth for it, see?" He opened his wide mouth and showed that, indeed, he didn't have teeth. "All I need you to do is help Melody to bring some of this fish back...actually." He glanced at the three of them, making . "Maybe you can bring the OTHER fish instead." Kazo tilted his head. Other fish? Where there more than one kind of fish? Maybe one was a more dangerous kind of fish than the others?

"What?" Melody said suddenly. "You can't let them do that!" The Politoed looked at her, confused. "I mean, surely these Chasers have something better to do." Kazo looked at her, tilting his head. She really didn't want them here, did she? Did Chasers do something to her?

"You sure can!" Ari replied, puffing his chest out importantly. "Don't worry, I'll do my best to deliver the fish safe and sound." Kazo looked over to Suiten. Was there something about him? He knew Suiten was probably an old-timer and was at this longer than the entire rest of group, but... did he do something amazing? Maybe he did... 

"A-ah, I'll make sure to help him deliver those fish," Kazo said with a smile. "We r-really don't mind helping," It wasn't like there was anything else they had to do. And it gave them space from Mac and Kah. "B-besides... I'm p-probably more a-afraid of Melody then she i-is of me," He mumbled to himself, rubbing his neck. He really needed to get over this trauma... but that wasn't something that was easy to do.

Denku kept clashing with Kyurem, an old feeling returning to him. Pain... like that drunk uncle that no one liked, but came to all the family gatherings anyways. Still he had to fight through it. He had to protect everyone from this... monster. The other strange legend attacked the ice legend, forming cracks, but the icy man smashed his fists into both of them, causing Denku to fall back, crashing into the ground. He was panting, gripping his chest, as he got up to a knee. 

He could do this... right? It then clicked in his head. It didn't matter if he could, he had to. He was overthinking, he just needed to beat this monster. He stood up again, the black aura of Outrage forming around him before he dashed, going to crash into Kyurem's cracks. He had to break through!

FipiFwE.png

Poké: 320 290

"Just one room? Gonna share some beds are ya? Well, not my place to judge, 10 Poke a night a room if you please and, uh, please don't leave a mess."

"I'm not crazy enough to cram five people into one room. Three rooms please," Kah said, pulling out another thirty Poké and handing it over to the Grumpig. Kah wanted to spend as little as possible, but at the same time have no more than two people in one room. The arrangement also conveniently meant that - assuming every room had two beds - one person would get a room all to themselves. But who? Kah personally wanted the solo room to herself. After all, she was paying.

It was then that Kah felt a thing nudging at her. Glancing in the direction it had come from, Kah could see the old boar, being steered away from her by Mac.

"Don't, she might eat you, its a thing she does."

"I heard that you know," Kah said, turning and looking down to Mac. Scooting off her seat to come down and meet Mac closer to eye level, the dragon responded, also whispering, "I did that because I was worried about everyone's safety, but I think I've figured out a better way to do it since we got here. Maybe."

Juyu/ ~
"...Oh dear." Before Clotilde had a proper chance to reply and introduce herself, the sudden Duskull ran off with her broom. She saw the floating circle the other girl vanished into fly away and she knew to hurry after it.

She locked her suitcase and pushed it toward a wall, then ran off chasing the thief without bringing it with her. The weight would only slow her down, and she hoped it being left there would tell the others she was there but had to go somewhere. Without a writing utensil on hand that was the best she could do on the heat of the moment. Even thinking that took up precious time, she had to hurry. She followed the unidentified flying object into the crowd.

However, Clotilde was an Aggron. There were very few she could realistically outrun. "Excuse you! The thief there! Please wait! Hold!"

A thief who stops after being told to doesn't exist but she really did not have any other method but to attempt conversing. Shouting, for that matter. "It would be an undying shame for a maid's primary tool to be stolen. Return it!"

Archived