Which is the strongest starter pokémon?

Cool Girl

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the strongest starter pokémon?

• Bulbasaur
    • Chikorita
    • Treecko
    • Turtwig
    • Snivy
    • Chespin
    • Charmander
    • Cyndaquil
    • Torchic
    • Chimchar
    • Tepig
    • Fennekin
    • Squirtle
    • Totodile
    • Mudkip
    • Piplup
    • Oshawott
    • Froakie
    • They're all good!

Either Torchic or Froakie. Going to give it to the fighting fire chicken though.

Also, for fun. Rankings of starters in terms of power

Torchic

Froakie

Charmander

Bulbasaur

Squirtle

Mudkip

Treecko

Chimchar

Totodile

Snivy

Piplup

Chespin

Fennekin

Turtwig

Tepig

Oshawott

Cyndaquil

Chikorita

Listed things relatively. The top 3 are a fair bit better than the middle 9 and those are a fair bit better than the bottom 6. The Megas give the 1st and 3rd gen starters a HUGE edge. Which I think speaks volumes to how good Froakie is. Over all power level in the middle tier is still decently close.

Listed things relatively. The top 3 are a fair bit better than the middle 9 and those are a fair bit better than the bottom 6. The Megas give the 1st and 3rd gen starters a HUGE edge. Which I think speaks volumes to how good Froakie is. Over all power level in the middle tier is still decently close.

Hell, Blaziken didn't need a mega. Doesn't need a mega. The mega's kind of redundant, especially when you can have Mega Gengar or Mega Mewtwo in Ubers. 

So, just for discussion sake (don't have to vote on the poll), which water-type is the strongest: Oshawott or Piplup?

The absolute strongest Water starter is Froakie, hands down. Greninja is extremely good.

Out of those tow, I'd say Piplup. Empoleon's really tanky, and would be a fantastic pokemon if its moveset was better.

In terms of Water type, Greninja, because Protean + high speed/decent offensive power is cool.

From the list, Empoleon has a better typing + ranking as far as Ubers are concerned. (Also because it's a lot easier to train/evolve).

Though I like Samurott better aesthetically.

---------

As an overall starter, Blaziken, if only because Speed Boost + its Mega Evolution.

Second would probably be between Greninja / Charizard (IF it's Mega Evolved; regular one is meh now).

Archived