• Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Xander Royce's entry]

2h5s3h1.jpg

Impact Dragon
Level 4 / EARTH
Scale 3
Dragon / Pendulum / Effect
Pendulum Effect: During your Main Phase, if you Pendulum Summoned 2 or more Dragon-Type monsters this turn, you can destroy 1 face-up card your opponent controls.
Monster Effect: If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Pendulum Monster from your hand, and if you do, destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.
1500 / 1500

Was based off from Exploder Dragon, also supports the Dracoslayer archetype (works especially well with Luster Pendulum).

[spoiler=Here Is My Dragon]

j8ONkHR.jpg

Drago Lord Stormex
LIGHT/Dragon/Fusion/Pendulum/Effect
Level 8
2500 ATK / 2000 DEF
Pendulum Scale : 3
Monster Effect :
2 Dragon-Type monsters
When this card is Fusion Summoned : You can target and destroy 1 monster and 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field. Monster(s) you control (except this card) cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. Unaffected by other monster's effects as long as you control a Face-up Pendulum monster. When this card in your monster zone is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard : You can pay 1000 Life Points and Destroy all card(s) in your Pendulum Zones (min. 1); Place this card Face-up in your Pendulum Zone

Pendulum Effect :
Once per turn, during either player's turn : You can pay 1000 Life Points and Shuffle 1 Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck or Graveyard into the Deck; Target and Destroy a Face-up card your opponent controls, and if you do, Draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Platinum Burst Dragon]

fync0U7.jpg?1

Pendulum Effect

Once per turn, you can shuffle any number of your banished Pendulum Monster back into the Deck: Increase your LP by 500 for each monster shuffled into the Deck this way. During either player's Battle Phase, you can banish 2 face-up Pendulum Monsters you control: Special Summon this card (this is treated as a Fusion Summon). This card cannot declare an attack the turn it is Special Summoned this way.

Monster Effect

2 Pendulum Monsters
You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by banishing 2 face-up Pendulum Monsters you control (this is treated as a Fusion Summon). Increase this card's ATK by 300 for each banished Pendulum Monster. While this card is face-up on the field, any Pendulum Monster sent face-up to the Extra Deck is banished instead. During either players turn, you can banish this face-up card: Place 1 of your banished Pendulum Monster face-up on your Extra Deck. Special Summon this card during the End Phase you activate this effect. When this card is destroyed while you have at least 1 banished Pendulum Monster: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

So, here are the details of my rubric.

Balance/Useability (60)

- Balance (30): Does this card outclass something that's already really good? What problematic interactions does it enable?

- Useability (30): What about this card would make people want to run it? Could it have potentially problematic interactions without needing incredibly specific mechanisms?

Creativity/Flavour (20)

- Is it more than just stapling a generic effect you can find in nearly every archetype? Does the effect and interactions try to convey the card's "personality"?

OCG/Syntax (20)

- OCG (5): You're only docked points if your templating is noticeably off.

- Syntax (15): Can I understand how your card is supposed to work? Can I figure out the more intricate interactions (targets, what happens if targets are lost, etc) without needing to raise a ruling query?

Here's the grading criteria:

Balance/Usability - 60

- Does the card have a potential for any devastating combos?

- Does ATK and DEF matches with the effects and level?

Creativity/Flavor - 20

- Effect Creativity(15) -  Does the card have unique and innovative effect(s) also related to it's characteristics?

- Card's Name(5) - Is the name remarkable, memorizable and has an interesting connection to it's effect, attribute, and picture(for graphic cards only)

*Note: Self-created Images(graphics) will get an additional "surprise"

OCG/Grammar - 20

1. Comprehension of the effect

Written in the correct structure 

2. Standard English rules

appropriate and recognizable 

3. OCG/card syntax

Symbols and terms are officially used in the OCG

To be fair, I don't mind if the cards are huge, though yeah it might be easier to resize it to smaller dimensions.

You guys can use OriCas for your submissions if you want, but I might suggest against doing it.

(You still have to post the effect underneath though.)

Also keep in mind that you will not be graded on how nice the card looks; this isn't Showcase.

Here's my entry

[spoiler=Card] 

ethereal_arc_dragon_by_asterrmon259-d9hb

As much as I hate it, art is by me

M-Effect: At the end of the Damage Step, if this card attacked while you control 2 Cards in your Pendulum Zones: You can inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference between the Pendulum Scales of the cards in your Pendulum Zones x 300. You can only use this effect of “Ethereal Arc Dragon” once per turn.

P-Effect: You can target 1 face-up Pendulum Monster you control or card in your Pendulum Zone; destroy it, and if you do, add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" or “Fusion” Spell Card in your Graveyard, except “Diffusion Wave-Motion”, to your hand. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up in the Pendulum Zone.

I actually had it ready to go yesterday, but just had to get a ruling cleared up with evilfusion regarding one of the cards (and it wasn't yours).
Didn't forget about this, but blame implications with college work and other things.

[spoiler=Scores]
Name
B: 60
C: 20 (How creative were you in designing stuff)
O: 20 (Self explanatory)
Total: 100

Striker
B: 51
C: 17
O: 20
Total: 88

OK, so this card banishes something until the End Phase when it's summoned, then it can restock Tuner monsters + get a new draw.

That, and it grants destruction immunity, which is nice for the most part.

Given its Level, there should be a few Decks that can afford to make this card with the conditions, though somewhat iffy on whether or not they want to run this over their usuals, especially with the Pendulum thing. An on-Summon banish is nice, although I feel you could probably get away with keeping the banish permanent (it's on the initial Synchro only, so even if you P-Summon this again, you can't keep bouncing stuff forever). Don't think there are many situations where you would summon 2 or more of these at once. I am a bit out of date with how Chaos decks run, but I don't think they can really make this card.

The Taken King
B: 49
C: 14
O: 17.5 (Minor stuff, including spelling, possessives, etc.)
Total: 80.5

PE: Once per turn: During your Main Phase, You can Normal Summon 1 DARK or WIND monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. You can only have 1 "Dark Spirit of the Nine Winds" in you Pendulum Zones.
ME: 1 DARK or WIND Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Winged Beast-Type monsters
This card is also always treated as WIND-Attribute and Reptile-Type. When this card is Summoned: Target 1 face-up card on the field; shuffle it into the Deck, then if that target was a Monster Card; you can also have your opponent send a number of cards equal to its Level on the field from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Well, it's another toy for Blackwings to play with, given its Level and all. Not really fond of it being able to heavily mill things depending on what you bounce (though Xyz won't do you anything because of how things work). There's also Harpies, but I don't think they really Synchro nowadays. Though, it helps said Decks with their summoning problems to an extent, so there's that.

Kanashi
B: 55
C: 19
Total: 94

At least this is a Pendulum Tuner monster that isn't restricted to certain summons. Well, it's locked on Vanillas for P-Summoning, so there's that. BUT it gives you access to whatever Synchros you want in the ED, so that's useful (if Vanillas use them right now)

A bit iffy on this card being able to switch cards in the P-Zone, but suppose it'll be enough to screw a couple Decks over (don't think it'll stop a few of the more threatening stuff that much, but the potential exists). Oh wait, it's a single use thing, so at least you can't use it every time; that, and being restricted to your own turn.

Still, being able to screw over Pendulum decks a bit gives this card a neat perk.

DovaCardMaker
B: 50
C: 18
Total: 88

(OCG-wise, somewhat iffy about the clause that prevents it from going to the Extra Deck, though I get where you're going with this.)

Flavor-wise, it sort of screws with the Pendulum mechanic by allowing you to P-Summon from the Graveyard, but yet it remains close to what Zombies normally do, and that's using it. In normal cases, I'm not fond of this being able to SS stuff from the OPPONENT'S deck to be honest, even with the Level restriction, but since it requires Zombies, it's not as bad. (Zombie World exists)

Xander Royce
B: 55
C: 19
Total: 94

It certainly does work well with Luster (and by extension, Wavering Eyes). Monster effect works nicely with normal Pendulums (including Master) and popping cards is nice either way. Not sure how often you'll get the P-effect off though nowadays (given current stuff for Dragons), but non-targeting removal is still good (even if limited to face-up cards).

Though, we don't have Dragon decks that can P-Summon like crazy YET, so can't spam the effect every turn.

Aman Indra
B: 50
O: 16 (fixes are in bold; your effect was understandable. Underline is an iffy change because lack of PSCT updates on it [no points are deducted])
Total: 83

Monster Effect :
2 Dragon-Type monsters
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target 1 monster and 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy them. Other monster(s) you control cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. While you control a face-up Pendulum Monster, this card is unaffected by other monster effects. When this card in your Monster Zone is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can pay 1000 LP and destroy all card(s) in your Pendulum Zones (min. 1); Place this card face-up in your Pendulum Zone.

Pendulum Effect :
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can pay 1000 LP and shuffle 1 Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck or Graveyard into the Deck, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, draw 1 card.

You do realize that because this card is ALSO a Pendulum monster (because of the theme), it's effectively immune to Castel / 101 and whatever monster effects exist that take it off the field. Was this intentional?

Still, it can effectively blow up 2 cards on its Fusion turn (assuming you don't mind sacrificing its attack this turn) and immune to common monster removal (there's still S/T stuff and running it over in battle). That, and it can recycle used Pendulums and all to blow stuff up + draw (with a sizable LP cost). Nice for popping opposing Scales (though opponent can still set more that turn), or other stuff.

Reptillous
B: 45
C: 18
O: 16
Total: 79

Pendulum Effect
Once per turn: You can shuffle any number of your banished Pendulum Monsters into the Deck; gain 500 LP for each monster shuffled into the Deck this way. During either player's Battle Phase: You can banish 2 face-up Pendulum Monsters you control: Special Summon this card (This is treated as a Fusion Summon). This card cannot declare an attack the turn it is Special Summoned this way.
Monster Effect
2 Pendulum Monsters
You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by banishing 2 face-up Pendulum Monsters you control (this is treated as a Fusion Summon). This card gains 300 ATK for each banished Pendulum Monster. Any Pendulum Monster sent face-up to the Extra Deck is banished instead. During either player's turn, you can banish this face-up card: Place 1 of your banished Pendulum Monsters face-up in your Extra Deck. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): Special Summon this banished card. If this card is destroyed while you have at least 1 banished Pendulum Monster: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Well, this card is essentially Macro Cosmos, except for Pendulum Monsters (in which case, the banished Pendulums only serve to make this card stronger). Still, suppose one could use this to screw over EmEm (or PePe if you want the TCG naming), 'specters and so on, especially with Wavering and all that other stuff.

Also has a quick Odd-Eyes Meteorburst-esque effect for SSing itself (although it makes it even stronger due to its gaining effect), so iffy on that one.

Though, you can recycle your banished Pendulums (at the cost of this card's power going down) and get LP for it OR pull a Stardust-esque maneuver.

“Becoming a Scale”-wise, unless you have an empty P-Zone, this card won't trigger (unless you break them on your own).

cardgameking
B: 40
C: 13
O: 12 (Contest rules said to post card effect underneath, but you didn't [even though the card is readable enough; this is so we can easily correct/show your OCG mistakes])
Total: 65

PE: Cannot be placed in the Pendulum Zone, except by its own effect. You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except for Level 8 or higher Dragon-Type monsters. Twice per turn, when your opponent activates a card effect while you control a “Blue-Eyes White Dragon”: Negate that card's effect, and if you do, destroy it.

ME: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If a “Blue-Eyes” Effect Monster you control is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand?), then Special Summon 1 “Blue-Eyes White Dragon” from your Graveyard. When this card is targeted for an attack: After damage calculation, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

You need to mention WHERE you are SSing this card from; I am assuming it is from the hand. In any case, this card requires that either a White Spirit Dragon or whatever Blue-Eyes support you have on the field be sent to the Graveyard (either as material for Twin Burst or whatever). If you had made this card earlier, it would be nigh unplayable (at least without jumping through hoops).

Card's Pendulum restriction kills its usability (especially since you have to use this in Blue-Eyes, though if you can fit any auxiliary L8 Dragons alongside it, then great).

Also not a fan of this card being a twice per turn negator, even though you tried to balance that by requiring particular monsters be destroyed in order to get it onto the field.

Until Blue-Eyes gets a feasible lower Scale to work with, I don't really see how this will work for them. (It's still early though)

asterr259
B: 49
O: 19.5 (just some capitalization stuff; nothing major)
Total: 85.5

Monster effect works really well if you have a high Scale difference, but otherwise the burn should be sizable enough in most cases. P-effect works in those Decks that either run RUMs (which only RR does nowadays, if I remember correctly) or make Fusions.

To be honest, not really sure there are any viable Pendulum decks that run either or, but suppose it gets rid of the need to run Fusion Recovery or something. Only thing I can think of is probably Odd-Eyes decks that make Vortex and stuff like that, for recovering the Fusion.

(Don't worry about the art; I am not grading on that)

If you have questions about your grades, let me know.

Archived