[Finished]CC Monthly Series [November 2015]

Refer to this thread for any specific information regarding the policies of the CC Monthly. 

Theme

Design a dragon-based Pendulum Monster.

Aside from the above, the rest of the card's design is left up to you. Just abide by standard cardmaking procedures.

1. You are permitted to make Extra Deck monsters if you so choose, as well as use a Pop Culture character of your choice.

2. Does not need to actually BE a Dragon/Wyrm-Type.

Helpful Threads

http://forum.yugiohc...before-posting/
http://forum.yugiohc...d-design-guide/
http://forum.yugiohc...ds-and-casuals/

Deadline

November 20th, 2015 @ 11:00 pm Hawaiʻi Standard Time (GMT -10:00)

If you need help determining what time it'll be in your area when deadline hits, use this converter.
(Select USA - Hawai'i - Honolulu in the "convert to" area)

For your safety, I highly recommend that you turn in your entries when it reaches 11:00 pm in your respective timezones to avoid confusion, unless you live in the Polynesian islands or another location between the dateline and Hawaiʻi.

(Most of you live to the right of me anyway, so I don't foresee this to be an issue)

Entry Fee

None, just state interest and turn in a card by deadline.

Rules

1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by / follow them in this contest. 

2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; do not use the cardmaker to generate a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format. 

3. When posting a card, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for the judges to read your effect. Also make sure that you post it properly using the cardmaker. 

4. You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product. 

5. The usage of Fake Types / Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden.
You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing 23 legal Types + 6 Attributes).

Also remember to abide by the max. 5000 ATK/DEF rules for original stats.

Prizing

1st - 3000 points + 3 reps + membership in custom group for a month (or another prize if you already have one)
2nd - 2000 points + 2 reps
3rd - 1000 points + 1 rep

Additional prizes may be given out, if needed. 

Prizes listed here are subject to change, depending on number of entries and their quality.

Participants

• DovaCardMaker
  • Kanashi no Hanashi (Kanashimi)
  • Dragon Sage
  • Jinx
  • Xander
  • Striker
  • Aman Indra

Judges

1. Sakura

I will accept up to 2 extra members to help with the judging.

Please make sure you are competent enough to know what you're doing + provide your criteria.

Scoring

Please refer to the discussion thread for the standard rubric that will be used for this tournament.

(It's linked at top of thread and stickied)

If you plan on judging, you should ideally use the standardized one.

If you opt for a different rubric, please let me know ahead of time.

------
If you have any questions, either post in this thread or send me a PM. 

Best of luck to all participants.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in! (For some reason i'm haunting in Contest sections a lot more lately)

Are we permitted to create ED Pendulum? (Like Fusion Pendulum or so)

Alright then, you're in.

Yes, you are allowed to make Extra Deck Pendulums.

(Think I mentioned this in the sidenotes underneath theme)

I think I'm up for this.

^Note 3 in the requirements seems to think so.

Alright then,

[spoiler=Likuntam, Dragon of the Solstice]

QGkJfEL.png?1

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up card you control; once during this turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.

Monster Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 or more LIGHT non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish it until the end of the turn. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can target 1 Tuner monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in an unoccupied Pendulum Zone OR destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zones, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Alright folks, time to face the second half of the Chaos Dragons.

[spoiler Here goes nothing]pROEYwm.png

PE: Once per turn: During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 DARK or WIND monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. You can only have 1 "Dark Spirit of the Nine Winds" in you Pendulum Zones.

ME: 1 DARK or WIND Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Winged Beast-Type monsters
This card is also always treated as WIND and Reptile-Type. When this card is Summoned, target 1 face-up card on the field; shuffle it into it's owners' Deck. If that target was a Monster card; you can also have your opponent send a number of cards equal to it's Level on the field from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as posible, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Is supposed to be like Quetzalcoatl/Kukulkan; hence the typing. PE was originally different, but realized the two (or three, but it's kinda a stretch) decks that can use this don't have other scales really (sure they could use them... from outside their archetypes, they just don't)(well the third one i mentioned does have a scale, but I digress.) Figured that effect would be more beneficial for shenanigans.

Just waiting for someone to submit a card, so i won't be the 1st one. Thx to Striker. (Eh wait, someone submitting too)

Who love Vanilla Pendulum? Me!!

[spoiler=Here's mine'']

HM5AmDn.png

D.D. Bladewurm

DARK/Level 4

Wyrm/Pendulum/Tuner

Pendulum Effects: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Normal Monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once while this card is face-up: You can target 1 card in your Pendulum Zone and 1 card in your opponent's Pendulum Zone; switch control of both targets.

Flavor Text: An unknown wyvern with the power to manipulate time and space. Able to travel freely between dimensions and creates a massive paradox. His special move, Zantetsuken, slash through empty space creating a different dimension gate, instantly move to the location of anything marked and swap places between them.

I would like to apply as a judge, my rubric as follows:

Creativity/Originality - 25

A new and interesting concept bewilders this forum, the creativity consists of:

(1)Card's Name, a unique and memorable one, will get the best in this term

(2)Card's Image, does the picture depicts the monster? is it relevant with the card's name?

(3)Card's effect, unique effects and new concepts are open here

*Extra Point: Originality, even if you're not an artist, self created images will be more appreciated than just copying someone else's work (for graphic cards only)

Relevancy - 10

Does the card suits the requirements? (e.g Dragon, Pendulum)

And even when creativity rises, don't forget the main topic of the competition

OCG - 25

Terminology, symbols and language

does the card follows the original card game?

effective?(avoid using the same words twice in a single line)

colons, quotation marks, and dots should be added in the appropriate format

and remember the comprehensive format when posting cards with image (e.g edition, set number, creator, circulation)

Balance - 40

Does the card have balance between the positive and negative effects?

ATK and DEF should be adjusted according to the level and effects

Does the opponent have a chance to retaliate it?

[spoiler=Here's mine]

oJeEXrg.png

Necroic Dragon of Resurrection

Level 8

Zombie/Pendulum/Effect

Pendulum Effect:

You cannot Summon monsters, except Zombie-Type monsters. This effect cannot be negated. You can target 1 Level 7 or lower Zombie-Type monster in your Graveyard: Destroy this card, and if you do, add that target to your hand. You can banish 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard: Send 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use 1 Pendulum effect "Necroic Dragon of Resurrection" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Monster Effect:

If this card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is not placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead. You can Pendulum Summon this card in your Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower Zombie-Type monster from either player's Graveyard or face-up from either player's Extra Deck. If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard while you control another Zombie-Type monster(s): Send the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "Necroic Dragon of Resurrection" once per turn.

I would like to apply as a judge, my rubric as follows:

Creativity/Originality - 25

A new and interesting concept bewilders this forum, the creativity consists of:

(1)Card's Name, a unique and memorable one, will get the best in this term

(2)Card's Image, does the picture depicts the monster? is it relevant with the card's name?

(3)Card's effect, unique effects and new concepts are open here

*Extra Point: Originality, even if you're not an artist, self created images will be more appreciated than just copying someone else's work (for graphic cards only)

Relevancy - 10

Does the card suits the requirements? (e.g Dragon, Pendulum)

And even when creativity rises, don't forget the main topic of the competition

OCG - 25

Terminology, symbols and language

does the card follows the original card game?

effective?(avoid using the same words twice in a single line)

colons, quotation marks, and dots should be added in the appropriate format

and remember the comprehensive format when posting cards with image (e.g edition, set number, creator, circulation)

Balance - 40

Does the card have balance between the positive and negative effects?

ATK and DEF should be adjusted according to the level and effects

Does the opponent have a chance to retaliate it?

Ideally, you should use the standardized rubric I have for these things.

It'll make comparing scores easier between us when it's time to grade.

(If you need it, look in the discussion thread)

I'd like to join this if I can

Sure.

Archived