Ties of the Bretheren

Hello, fine peoples!

TiesoftheBrethren-MB01-JP-MLGR.png

Pay 2000 LP, then target 1 Level 4 or lower monster you control;Special Summon from your Deck, 2 monsters with the same Type,Attribute, and Level as that monster, but with different names from each other and that monster, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card.

...So, I was fiddling around with a Diamond Dude turbo.dek with Malicious Plaguespreader and I found that this card puts in so much work.  This card may stop the combos from continuing, but it is a unique plussing card that grabs and allows me to benefit off of Armageddon Knight/Dark Grepher (for setup), Diamond Dude (more setup) and Shadow Mist (another +1) just by having one of them on the field.  It is especially fun when milled with Dude since it doesn't have to pay the hefty 2000 point cost.

I can definitely see this card being able to go somewhere, ('tellars probably being the most obvious) but I was curious at what y'all think.  Have you found any other good uses for this card?

If you think about it though, aside from a setup, this card also forces the opponent into a position where they have to do something.  Leave you alone after this card's burst and you should have enough resources to OTK.  Even if they don't leave you alone, if they can't OTK you (and it actually might not be that easy to when you have a wall of 3+ monsters unless Raigeki), you should still have some gained resources to actually make a push back yourself.  Of course, that is opponent driven, so that is not necessarily as effective.

This card is just what it is, a powerful setup card.  It is very comparable to Brilliant Fusion/Instant Fusion/Foolish Burial/Soul Charge and others, but just not as open to activate as those others.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I also tried this in Melodious but not to as great an effect as I would have liked.  Aria was easy, but Elegy was still the toughy.

This card is just what it is, a powerful setup card.  It is very comparable to Brilliant Fusion/Instant Fusion/Foolish Burial/Soul Charge and others, but just not as open to activate as those others.

Difference being, this stops you from properly utilizing what you get out of it.

Definitely seems interesting with Majespecter, as mentioned.

>Instant Fusion Norden

>Use this to summon couldians

>kek loudly

>realize norden is dying and you fialed

Other Instant Fusion Shenanigans ensue.

Also note you could, at least hypothetically, use this to summon materials for a Normal Summon (God Cards or whatever, I guess)

This could be pro in Hunders. I mean, you can search 9-Volts/Rai-Oh off picking Mah/Pah/etc.

Summoning AAA and 9v to search another AAA would probably be the best course of action, bar recycling batteries plays.

Even then, it kind feels underwhelming/awkward compared to thunder sea horse.

I mostly like this card for summoning Armaknight and Shadow Mist (dark law at standby phase ftw), but other applications are certainly interesting.

This + Dark Renewal + Magical Dimension + Summoner Monk in Gravekeepers?

Gotta try this now :P

EDIT (50 minutes later): Hmm... Well that idea worked out better in my head... I completely forgot that the one that floats + searches, Recruiter, is actually level 3 and the one that searches Necrovalley, Commandant, is EARTH Attribute rather than DARK.  Shaddoll Dragon/Squamata help out a bit, but the El Shaddolls lose their floating effects b/c of Necrovalley...

Hmm... Time to try out something new I guess.  Maybe Phantom Knights?

Archived