Pokémon: Tipping Point [OoC/Started/Accepting]

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how are we doing Trainer injuries? The next few posts are probably going to bring up the possibly of the Trainers getting hurt, especially if Neos actually lets Ashley come with him, as unlikely as I'm assuming that is.

This is getting good, and we've barely started! Really looking forward to the rest of what we come up with.

Trainer injuries will be treated as similar to Pokémon ones- low-grade medical assistance for people can be found in Pokémon Centers, as can a place to stay (think a small room with a square floor plan, with two bunkbeds on either side of a thin area of floor straight in front of the door. Humans in Pokémon will be slightly more durable than we are, but can still get seriously hurt in certain situations.

Oki then. By the by, which Ability should this Cragmite have? Compound Eyes (increases the accuracy of all moves by 12.5%), Sturdy (cannot be knocked out in one hit), or the species' Hidden Ability, Unburden (If it has a consumable hold item like a Berry at the beginning of the battle, it gains a huge speed boost if it eats that berry during battle)?

You rock, Talim. I was waiting for any IC hints at Neos' non-human...ness since this RP started. Between us two and Garbit, this is going to be an interesting group dynamic. Let's see how Neos reacts to the passive-aggressiveness of Ashley's confrontation.

The Ditto of an ill-fated past

The Headstrong girly tomboy

and the innocently secret Darkside.

That actually Does sounds interesting.

My point exactly. For the record, I came up with Ashley by thinking of how to make a stereotypical tsundere into a well-rounded character. I'm hoping I can RP her well enough to do that.

EDIT: Is trading allowed if both parties IC and OOC agree to it? I'm thinking in the long run here, depending on how far this goes that might come up.

And this is 90% joking, but if someone, say Ashley, were do grab something metal, say a lamp, and hit a Pokémon, say the Cragmite, would that translate to Steel-type damage? In self-defense of course, but is that considered a big no-no to Trainers? I'm sure that a situation where a Trainer has no usable Pokémon and needs to defend themselves might come up at some point, what with the swarm of Pokémon and all that.

So what I'm asking in short is: are we going Pokémon Adventures with this or the anime/games?

Trading is perfectly okay. Mind you, it works like it did in that one episode of the anime (that is, by going to a machine, which will only be in Pokémon Centers and various important locations), but it's definitely okay.

Throwing objects and such will be treated as ??? Type, like Struggle. Essentially, it'll affect everything, but it won't accomplish much of anything.

Essentially, this is primarily the games, with a dash of both the anime and Adventures.

Helena, for example, was the protagonist's sister in the ROMhack, and also one of two rivals. She was the smarter of the two, prone to switching and using healing items, up to and including a Revive the last time you battle her. However, she was frequently underleveled and never got a Key Stone, so it balanced out.

Trading is perfectly okay. Mind you, it works like it did in that one episode of the anime (that is, by going to a machine, which will only be in Pokémon Centers and various important locations), but it's definitely okay.

Throwing objects and such will be treated as ??? Type, like Struggle. Essentially, it'll affect everything, but it won't accomplish much of anything.

Essentially, this is primarily the games, with a dash of both the anime and Adventures.

Helena, for example, was the protagonist's sister in the ROMhack, and also one of two rivals. She was the smarter of the two, prone to switching and using healing items, up to and including a Revive the last time you battle her. However, she was frequently underleveled and never got a Key Stone, so it balanced out.

Key stones and a second rival ha...

So many spoilers...

Well, to be fair . . .

You don't have the hack to cheat off of

It's a hacked Gen 6 game, Mega evolution was going to be a thing

The second rival was supposed to debut around the same time as your first, would choose the starter with a Type advantage to yours, would be Helena's opposite (overleveled, and with Mega Evolution, but zero strategy beyond attack attack attack), so . . .

<_< >_>

TND, we kinda be waiting on ya...

I mean, I'm waiting on you, but you're waiting on TND since they go first. But yeah, this lull is getting a bit long. I'm sure TND has stuff to deal with irl, but it's been like a week since Draconus posted. I guess I'm one to talk considering I've help up the RP before, hehe...

:526075_key:

This RP is kinda slow, but honestly it might turn out pretty well since there are well-defined roles in the protagonist group.

But yeah, TND, move. Please.

Roles being Neos as the teacher/veteran, and Ashley and Garbit as what? I'm curious as to what your impression is of what these roles are shaping up to be.

Ashley as The Hero, Deadpan Snarker, and Not So Above it All

Neos as The Mentor, The Lancer, and the Dark Knight

Garbit as The Heart, Blood Knight (if CowCow is anything to go by), and Morality Chain.

Huh, so Ashley seems like the hero type? Interesting. Not oposing it, mind you. Other two fit pretty well with her, and Neos seems exactly like those three.

The one I'm curious about is Garbit. Apparently all his happiness is a ruse or something, and I don't reallu understand the Morality Chain trope in general. I looked it up and it seems like they're the one who's being protected and driving the other character(s) into being good? What makes you say he's like that?

Eh, it's early days, not a huge amount of character expression yet. I'm waiting for Garbit to slip tbh, but it seems like that won't happen for a while.

There you go I finally post, sorry for not doing it sooner but I had assessments to do.

It's all good. I'm at school myself and I've got some exchange students atm so I might be a bit. They leave on Sunday so that's probably when I'll be able to post. Obviously I'll try for earlier but no promises, sorry...

:526075_key:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived