Yu-Gi-Oh! Reborn [OOC/Started/Accepting]

So after some thought I actually have some of the main ideas of my character down. Right now I just want to get their archetypes down and good to go with you, James. Is it cool if I PM you the archetype now and have the character finished later?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Name: Nasu Kalto (However, her birth name is Fushiashi No Musume)

[spoiler=Physical Description]

post-16231-0-32165600-1434434639.png

A natural shortie, Nasu barely tops out at 5'1" (~155 cm), and she's a lighter one as well, being barely 98 lbs (44 kgs). The picture all but describes her, with messy, crimson hair that shoots down to her neck, though it's usually kept in an elegant bow to keep its natural length (which'd be about roughly down to her middle back) much shorter. The white tips on her hair aren't natural, and were instead administered as a child back at her home. Though normally her eyes are a dark, dark brown, nearly black, even, when in the sun, they attain a slight orange tint, the same kind you'd see on autumn leaves. She has a thin neck and shoulders, with small, yet defined muscles. She's not terribly weak, as her muscles can more than support her and more, but she's not going to be carrying a full grown man on her back anytime soon. Her skin mostly blemish-free barring a few freckles (not shown in picture) that polka-dot her cheeks.

Her wrists are small, and fingers a tad short and fat. She prefers to keep her nails short, as to not interfere with dueling, and the same is said of her toes. Her chest is of an average size for her age, and her body is just starting to attribute those natural curves women gain through puberty. Her legs are roughly average in length, though perhaps a tad longer than the norm, but not anything noticeable. Her feet are small, dainty, and almost ballerina like, and the toes naturally curve towards one another. They are soft and blemish-less, despite her always wearing open-toed sandals.

Of course, what you see above is not her normal everyday attire. It's her dueling attire, along with her monastery attire. In general, it's worn during more public events and more formal events, though a few things are kept on her at all times: the yo-yo, the necklace, and of course the cord hair tie. In public, she prefers to wear loose fitting tank tops, if the weather permits it, and shin-length jeans. She's never been about wearing too formal of attire, unless she's dueling, and truthfully despises her monastery wear. Her shirts are nigh almost decorated with flower designs or feather designs, and she wears nothing on her feet 'sides open-toed shoes.

Her dueling disk is custom made by the monastery, with the main body being red with golden highlights (like her outfit, go figure!) though black lining is seen here and there. The main blade is black with gold and red lining, and the actual deck box is the head of a golden peacock with azure eyes.

[spoiler=Personality]

Generally a bubbly, happy young one, Nasu isn't one to be brought down easily. She has a knack for optimism, seeing the best in things and people, refusing to believe cynics are right until she's proven one hundred percent and a half wrong. She absolutely refuses to ever believe her judgement is incorrect, no matter how stupidly idiotic it may be. This leads into a slew of problems, mainly in that she'd still a kid. She's quite innocent for her age, having grown up in such an isolated place, where there were friendly faces all over. As such, despite her optimism and hard-headed-ness, she sometimes finds herself deep, deep in confusion.

When in this confused state, she's visibly less energetic, and more cross, getting down quite easily (compared to her natural state). Frustration kills her attitude, and she is often seen gripping her head in these moments, trying to get back to a level playing field. When like this, she's much more prone to mind games, and to make mistakes. This is often seen in her dueling, where if she loses control for too long, or doesn't have an out, she might just lose, even if she has a possibility of winning, since she's so downtrodden. Her feelings and belief in herself directly influence how well she can duel. Ironically, her stubbornness is what makes her a good duelist and friend- without it, she's a confused, lonely child whose been ripped from reality too harshly.

However, on an even deeper level, some might argue this confusion is much more natural than the gleeful, stubborn, and generally approachable demeanor she puts on most of the time. She knows full well about her past- the monks did a very, very shoddy job at making her forget- and why people would do what the monks did still confuses her and hurts her to this day. Though they let her leave without consequence, she knows that they'll force her to come back eventually. So, she stays as happy as she can, covering up the frustration and confusion boiling on inside. She knows everything, but at the same time knows nothing. If she's so important, then why has she had to leave the monastery for the story of her people to be shown to her? She has answers, but at the same time, she has no answers. This much alone causes her to grip her head in confusion.

But generally, she's a pretty normal, happy 15 year old.

[spoiler=Biography]

Nasu was born far, far away from Seadown Town and the Calisdo Kingdom, somewhere in the world that's been lost to even her memory. However, she does know that she had a loving mother and father (both redheads). They were a happy, albeit secluded family that lived on an estate far from the city. She loved to play with her father, as her mother was often on work, and they'd do all sorts of things together. Ride, play cricket, the like. While this part of her life is hazy at best, she remembers vividly the night she was taken away. She awoke alone, even though she'd fallen asleep beside her father as he'd read her a bedtime story about some kind of phoenix, and made her way to the door.

She'd have left, but when she approached the door, she heard talking outside it. More specifically, on the stairs. It was an urgent talk, between her father and a man whose voice she'd never heard. Quietly, she listened to them speak, as her father's voice rose more and more, anger and fear mixed in, while the other man's stayed the same, although it did sound rather strained. Finally, her father seemed to cave, his voice becoming hollow, and his words echo in her mind even today. "Fine. There's nothing I can do to stop you anyways. I'll get her myself." Not knowing what this meant, but feeling something was wrong, Nasu went back to bed, pretending to sleep as her father came in. His voice was choked as he said his goodbyes to his seemingly asleep daughter, before picking her up, and bringing her to a car. He carefully laid her in the backseat, and upon seeing she was awake, raised a single finger to his lips, which were wet with his tears, and his eyes were as red as his hair.

This was the last time she'd seen her father. That was 12 years ago.

But life at the monastery wasn't so bad. She was supposedly some kind of chosen one, or so the monks thought, until she went through this kind of... ritual. Apparently, this was a brainwashing ritual to make her become one of the monks, as this kind of abduction was common, and their order- the Order of Fushin- would not tolerate the inevitable insurrection that'd happen from the abducted wanting to see their families. And though it seemed to work, at first, over the course of about seven years, her memories returned.

In those seven years, she was taught why she was captured. She apparently had the blood of the last pure priest of Fushi in her own, and the time in which she was born- that specific month- was of great significance to their order. As such, she had to be captured. This wasn't the only thing she was taught, however. She was also taught the story of how the great phoenix, Fushi No Tori, was born, though as she got older, she began to realize just how empty that story was. Still, as a child, it made for a lovely bed time story.

She was also taught how to duel. The entire Monastery was very, very old schooled, and there was only three duel disks on the entire island on which they lived. So, most duels were fought sitting. Along with that, the entire monastery used Spirit monsters, in order to appeal to Fushi No Tori more, who is said to be a Spirit itself. While at first being quite bad, over the course of her seven years as a lower monk, Nasu began to show true talent. When those seven years passed, and her memories returned, her last 5 years at the monastery was spent with the higher monks, and it was there she learned how Duel Monsters was REALLY played. The higher ups never dueled, and she soon found out why. Though she possesed no magic of her own (to her knowledge), each high monk could make their monsters real, and duels were highly dangerous. Still, the instant she was handed a Duel Disk, she could feel some kind of natural connection with it. And when she dueled, she dueled without fear and, instead, with great enthusiasm.

Still, as she learned more and more, she began to realize that the monks either had the answers and refused to give them to her (which she couldn't, for one moment, believe), or they simply didn't have answers. So, one day, she approach the elder of the monastery about leaving to go off and find the truth- both about herself and the weird memories that were flooding her mind that she knew she never lived through, and about the missing cards in her deck- the Fushi deck. Though at first being reluctant, he agreed to let her leave. Before she left, however, he gave her the final card he deck needed: Fushi No Tori. Though but a replica, Nasu could feel its warmth through the card. Gladly accepting it, she left on a self-made boat for... anywhere.

- - - - -

Having only arrived in Seadown Town a few weeks ago, Nasu's made a bit of a name for herself as the Burning Feathers Duelist, what with her deck revolving around Heal-Burn, with her Field Spell being her lynchpin. She's not actually a part of the Duels, at the moment. She is, instead, following a lead on how to find her cards, and more importantly, the info on her cards' past.

Deck: Fushi. It's a custom archetype built around the card Fushi No Tori that loves to replenish your life points for banishing your cards, however, the win condition is getting the Field Spell out, as it allows you to burn your opponent for every Life Point you gain. The deck itself doesn't have much inherent power cards, so she has many ways to get the Field Spell on the field.

(Optional) Play Style: She's all about set-up. Graveyard set-up, field set-up, her entire deck's based around setting up, since she doesn't have many power cards in her deck besides Yamato-no-Kami and Yamata Dragon. (At the beginning of the RP, she'll neither have Fushiashi No Kyojin nor Fushin No Roitori, for plot reasons with her character.)

Miscellaneous: Themes Below:

Main Theme: Joyful Naivety - 'Route 15' Remix (X&Y OST - By Mewmore)

Overworld Theme: Flamenco Boulevard - 'Professor Sycamore's Theme' Remix (X&Y OST - By Mewmore)

Duel! Theme: Kasai No Tatakai! / Vs! Fushiashi Nasu! - 'Battle! VS Gym Leader' Misty Version Remix (R/B/Y OST - By Mewmore)

Hectic Duel! Theme: Fushi No Tanjo! / "From fire, of fire, comes fire!" - 'Battle! Gym Leader' Remix (R/B/Y OST - By Mewmore)

• Her favourite colour is orange
  • Her favourite food is oranges
  • She hates lemons and lemon-flavoured things
  • Her favourite type of Duel Monster is Winged Beast
  • She's never seen a Pendulum Monster
  • She has no luck, and always loses head tosses and dice rolls
  • Her favourite animal is the peacock

Hey bud are you okay with me making a character anyways? Or, is it too late to make duelists? Cuz, I just had an idea for a good guy, but I wasn't sure how that'd work out right now (still catching up with the main plot).

Well, you wouldn't really be able to join the tournament now, so unless you want your character to just watch and Ooooh and Ahhh at the duelists, I suggest you wait until after the tourney.

Ahhh right. Sorry about that James. I didn't see your post before I edited my own...

Still, I made it so she wasn't a part of the Tourney anyways. It doesn't seem very much like her to be a part of it.

(Also linked my Fushi No Tori support as her Archetype. Tell me if you think I need to edit things.)

• 2 weeks later...

After my most recent post, I feel as if I'm commanding everyone to do certain things, and basically telling them to collab with me, and I want to change that.

So, beginning now, if anyone would like Co-Host this RP, you are free to request to do so. Co-Hosting will involve discussing plot points, controlling some NPCs, and at time making some important decisions.

I would prefer this Co-Host to be someone who knows what their doing and has been in some RPs before, but hasn't been a Host/Co-Host of many other things. That doesn't mean you have to be these things though, it's just what I would recommend you have under your belt.

Big Announcement

We have a new Co-Host, and their name is John Cena Champion0! They clearly seem capable of RPing and I think that they will do good for this RP.

anyone wanna colab with my character at the lake?
Remember, you don't have to collab with people, sometimes it's good to insert yourself into the action and then see how it plays out.

Remember, you don't have to collab with people, sometimes it's good to insert yourself into the action and then see how it plays out.

• 4 months later...

[spoiler=Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close]Ryo Takeshita

[spoiler=Appearance]7db6ec98af26fbe11d768e38bab6b337.jpg

[spoiler=Personality]Ryo is a rash kid, he rarely takes anything into consideration before doing so. This also shows in his Dueling, where he assumes that one strategy is best, when said strategy could actually cost him. Even so, Ryo can get really cocky during Duels, and as a result, it's hard for him to be levelheaded during said Duels. Ryo can be quite headstrong; stubborn and willful. He loves to take risks and, like previously stated earlier, doesn't take said risk into consideration before he does that risk. He can be quite dramatic during Duels (sometimes in real life as well), always wanting the spotlight on himself. With all of that being said, Ryo's quirky personality makes up for his rashness.

[spoiler=Bio]Ever since he was little, Ryo love to watch and participate in Duels, but nothing mesmerized him more than Entertainment Dueling. He loved everything about it; the dazzling lights, the beautiful monsters, and the action!

Before Ryo entered High School, he applied for multiple different Dueling Academies, but was rejected every single time, due to his rash Dueling style. Ryo was in fact disappointed, but he was determined to become the best. Luckily for him, the Takeshita family moved to Seadown City a few weeks before the Calisdo Tourney, where he had a chance to beat Tendra Thunderham, and become the Calisdo King!

[spoiler=Deck]

Stage HERO: Imagine what would happen if Jaden and Yuya adopted a newborn child and the babysitter was Yuma.

Think about that child's mental state after... let's say 15 years of being around those three.

That's Stage HERO for ya. These guys are a nightmare, a Pendulum archetype that uses Fusion and Xyz, swarms your opponent's field with useless monsters, and prevents them from doing much of anything while you slowly make your way up to your strongest ED monsters, who proceed to demolish your opponent with all-out barrages. And did I mention they're based off Commedia dell'arte? Yeah, the protagonist who uses this is probably going to spend the first few episodes returning to sanity...

Custom Cards: thread is on the way

Misc. Information: Ryo hates being alone, and is terrified of enclosed spaces.

Favorite Food: Teriyaki Chicken and White Rice

Favorite Color: Green

[spoiler=The Other One that I Don't Have A Clever Title For]Kari Sakata

[spoiler=Appearance]Similar to the image, but a lot younger looking.

[spoiler=WARNING: Big Image!]anime_girl_bright_by_lekijocds-d4o8kqo.p

[spoiler=Personality]After living in the shadows of her older siblings, Kari is always looking for a chance to prove herself, and she never backs down from a challenge. Kari is often lost in thought, and daydreams a lot. She tries to stay as optimistic as possible, though it doesn't always go as planned. For she has some difficulty controlling her emotions, and could burst into tears when things don't work out. Even so, Kari is very polite and courteous, and treats everyone she meets with respect (especially people older than her).

[spoiler=Bio]Kari is the youngest of her four siblings, being over six years younger that them. They all grew up to be successful businessmen/women, one even being the CEO of their own company. Naturally, Kari wanted to live up to their parent's expectations, but she never made great grades in school, nor did she even want to follow in her siblings' footsteps. She loved Dueling more than anything, and she strived to be the best she could be at it.

Due to her small size and stature, she's usually the main victim of the bullies in her area, usually coming home covered in scratches and/or bruises; and Band-Aids constantly cover her face, especially since she started High School. Recently, Kari heard of a tournament where she'd have a chance to Duel Tendra Thunderham himself! Everyone at school doesn't believe her (especially the bullies), but Kari never backs down from a challenge. She was gonna enter this competition, and she was gonna win.

[spoiler=Deck]To Be Decided

Custom Cards: Thread on the way!

Misc. Information: Kari hates people calling/treating he like a little kid.

Favorite Food: Spaghetti

Favorite Color: Burgundy

I agree with Tojin, good Yugioh RPs are hard to come by. I can't wait for the reboot.

Wait a minute, would the new characters have to wait until the tourney's over? I certainly hope not...

Archived