Yu-Gi-Oh! Reborn [OOC/Started/Accepting]

OBVlqPz.png

x393wz.jpg

Hosted by JamesMuddy

Co-Hosted by Champion0

Welcome, one and all, to my newest RP! And for the first time, I can confidently say that I definitely know 100% what I'm doing, since YGO is kind of a thing that happens on this website. Anywho, yes! Look at the stuff if you want to know what this is about, and feel free to ask me questions or express interest. Also, wouldn't mind a co-host. Or a logo, seeing as I don't have one and I'm terrible at anything to do with images.

[spoiler=Rules]

Read 'em here.

[spoiler=Plot & Setting]

The modern-day Seadown City stands proudly over the Calisdo kingdom, an ancient medieval world where the origins of Duel Monsters was said to be. This city is best known for its amazing tourism in relation to the magical card game, as well as the yearly tournament of that same sport. Currently reigning as the city’s “Calisdo King” of the annual event is Tendra Thunderham, the dark horse of the tournament for 3 years before finally winning 2 years in a row.

Legends of Kingdom Calisdo are rich history in the city, with new discoveries happening every day. One of the most important discoveries was a book, which after being deciphered, read the following:

“The ancient king still rules. Forever and always.

The ancient queen still lives. Forever and a day.

The ancient evil still lurks. Forever and ever.

These facts hold true ‘till the end of time and an infinity afterwards.”

Nobody knows what it really means, but many speculate it tells of an endless reincarnation cycle of the three being depicted in the text, with their legacy still living on in every time period. After this theory started popping up more and more on the internet, and gained more traction with the discovery of several more texts, people all around the city have been trying to figure out who these three are.

Now, with the next Calisdo King Tourney just around the corner, more and more people are trying to find the ancient king, or trying to find out if Tendra really is the one who reigns supreme.

[spoiler=Application]

Name:

Physical Description: Please spoiler this. This part should consist of an image, or at least a paragraph of description that clearly allows me to visualize your character.

Personality: Spoiler this too. Should be two paragraphs describing how your character acts, reacts, and lives through life.

Biography: This must be spoilered as well. This section should have at the least, two paragraphs describing the past and present lives of your character.

Deck: Simple sentence of two about their deck and what it does.
Custom Cards: If any, list them here, or put a link to a topic with them in it.
(Optional) Play Style: How your character goes about duels.

Misc. Information: If any. Favorite food, battle theme, etc.

In this RP, I will be taking the role of the main villain, so the plot is actually developed and we progress, but I will be looking for two applicants for the roles of king and queen, in a similar fashion to the way Zai is doing the signers in Skybound Fortune.

Don’t worry, though. If you don’t want to be kind or queen, or fail to get the role, there are still ways your character can be important to the story. Servants for the good or evil rulers, or just regular duelists, whatever you like.

Of course, no Yugioh RP is complete without custom cards, so I happily welcome them! Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, whatever. As long as it’s an actual card type I’ll allow it.

Finally, yes, I actually know how parts of this RP will go down, so no need to get concerned about that, though feel free to discuss ideas with me if you'd like. Additionally, I will make a Skype Chat for those who want to join, as that is where I'd assume most of the talk will be happening.

Accepted Apps:

Me - Hayato Hebi, Sam Naismith

Dova - Steven Dalavan (King), Ryuu

Champion0 - Drago

Cardgameking - Ken Uemdo

Yui - Morgan Zabat (Queen)

Cardlover3 - Akira Sensa

0PxPz0 - Sota Ito

SpasmicUnitato - Takao Kobi

Soulfire - Kyoko Azikairu

> Guys, the IC is up! Get in now! <

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=The Frail Evil - Hayato Hebi]

v565acN.jpg

"Heh, well... Good luck fighting the embodiment of the supreme evil."

Name: Hayato Hebi

[spoiler=Appearance:]

ugr9xuQ.jpg

[spoiler=Personality:]

A kind, frail-hearted soul, Hayato lives a carefree and happy life, for the most part. Being as physically and mentally weak as he is, Hayato is a common bullying victim, often turning up to class late and covered in bruises. However, this has not put too much of a damper on the boy’s spirit, still reacting cheerfully to his friends and family, insisting that he’s unaffected by the torment he endures. When walking around the city, he does so in a positive manner, not letting anyone see even a glimpse of sadness in his eyes. When he speaks, he tries to have a lax attitude, playing off all of his mistakes as cool (Something he usually fails at). Most people at his school see him as a bumbling loner or don’t see him at all.

However, when under the influence of the horrible beast he has been destined to live with, his whole demeanour is turned upside down. He has a cynical and sarcastic tone in his voice, and speaks with wide eyes always focused on his target. He laughs a lot more than he already did with his fake personality, and loves the thrill of causing and receiving pain. People see him as scary, and almost eerie with his odd, sporadic movements.

[spoiler=Biography:]

Born as an only child into a family with a long lineage of twins, Hayato was at a disadvantage from birth. This weakness continued into early childhood, with the boy being placed into a kindergarten full of boys and girls who hated him, for seemingly no reason. His parents constantly showered him with love, saying how it was okay that he was different from everyone else, and that that fact would be an important factor in him becoming his own person.

However, Hayato failed to follow this advice, constantly allowing himself to be peer pressured into situations, and basically becoming the joke of his “friend” group. To add insult to injury, these so-called “friends” forced Hayato to give them his rarest and most powerful cards as a sort of tax that allows him to stay in the group. Hayato currently attends a mainstream high school, not one that specifically focuses on duelling, so he doesn’t have the greatest duelling tactics, or cards, resulting in him blundering during duels when he’s by himself.

Deck: Fire Brothers. Partial swarming FIRE monsters. They use Xyz and Rituals.

[spoiler=Custom Cards:]

Dystopian Lizard

Play Style: When by himself, Hayato plays to his strengths, doing plays he knows will work, but often blundering when he’s not sure what to do with his current hand.

Misc:

Battle Theme

WIP: The Musical Enthusiast

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj24FyK21QawhD1h5nqMVQVKXI0jk6Mx6Sss8ektXupDm7vf6f

"Ready to duel? Then let the music roll!"

Name: Akira Sensa

[spoiler=appearance] Akira has a pale complexion that is offset by his unusually red eyes and long, black hair. Akira is a rather tall young man standing at 6'3" and is kinda scrawny underneath his black trench coat. He wears a white tank top and worn blue jeans underneath his coat and wears black and red traced shoes. He is almost never seen without his white headphones which are usually around his neck when he's not listening to his music. Despite his frail looking body, Akira is actually very fit and can usually be seen on a building or tree listening to his music, leading to believe he is an adept climber.

[spoiler=personality] Akira rarely has anything to frown about and usual has a laid back attitude. He's calm and collected, and loves listening to music as he is never seen without his headphones. When he duels however, he turns extremely hyper and can't help but dish out a lot of damage on his opponent's, he only wants to have an explosive duel and usually turns his music to max volume in the middle of a duel, much to everyone elses annoyance. He doesn't care if he wins or loses and after a duel he likes to calm his nerves with a couple of his more, calming pieces of music.

The only thing Akira can't stand is when someone gives up half through a duel. "Oh come on," he says, "you don't even know if you were going to lose or not!" Akira believes anyone can win a duel, no matter how unbalanced or how messly built a deck is. Akira also hates it when someone tries to get a hold of his headphones.

[spoiler=bio] Throughout his life, Akira enjoyed two things: the joy of dueling and the rhythm of music. His fascination with music made an impression in his later years as he went to make a few bits of his own music. At the age of 12, he had already made 6 successful songs that many in his school loved. At times, Akira would even play his songs during his duels, he felt that it added more intensity to a duel. However, his dueling skills got the better of him and soon he became the best duelist in his school. People who dueled him soon started quitting half way through their duels against Akira, in combination with his music and the unusual monsters he used.

Several years later, Akira carried many victories under his belt, many that were from duelists who quit in the middle of a duel. In the end, Akira gave up his music career to focus on dueling, even if he never got a full duel he still enjoyed it, he would constantly encourage his opponent's saying that you don't always have to win to have a good time. Of course his constant winning streaks discouraged those he tries to encourage. Akira hopes that by entering the tourney that's coming up, he'll finally find someone he can have an intense duel, he doesn't even care if he wins or loses.

[spoiler=custom cards] Boombots- an archetype that focuses on bolstering it's monsters with ATK/DEF boosts and quick summoning, a couple cards can even keep an opponent's field in check.

[spoiler=misc] Duel Theme- https://youtu.be/FTlcToCFtX4

Calm Theme-

Dude, unless a decent amount of time has passed, you don't double-post. And by that, I mean usually a week plus.

Generally the double post rule applies over a 24 hour period

Also, I'm making decent progress on my custom cards / character. I'm only adding 3 custom cards but I want to ensure they are balanced.

I'll PM the archetype to you Muddy when I'm done with them. OK?

That's fine.

Dude, unless a decent amount of time has passed, you don't double-post. And by that, I mean usually a week plus.

Don't worry too much, dude. We're just in the OOC and the RP hasn't even started yet.

Generally the double post rule applies over a 24 hour period

Also, I'm making decent progress on my custom cards / character. I'm only adding 3 custom cards but I want to ensure they are balanced.

Sweet

Interested!

Name: Steven Dalavan

[spoiler=Physical Description:]MYYoSaJ.jpg

[spoiler=Personality:] Steven attempts to be optimist wherever possible, as he can find the bright side in most situations. He values those close to him very highly, which, while being good for them, leaves less space for others in his life. He will do anything he can to make them happy and keep them safe, prioritizing them over many others. In fact, if anyone harmed someone he was close to, while not being openly antagonistic, he would try to even the score.

While dueling, Steven is quite cocky all the way through the game, even upon losing. Although he doesn't enjoy being beaten, he thinks that anyone who plays for fun is a worthy opponent. Whenever he's not around his friends he spends time practicing Duel Monsters and attempting puzzles in order to improve his dueling prowess, as he really has a passion for the strategy of the game. Although he almost always knows what his opponent's capabilities and possible moves, he likes to play for fun wherever possible, taking risks to make the game more interesting.

[spoiler=Biography:]Steven grew up in a friendly environment, although he was rather introverted. While other kids spent time with each other, he preferred to play on his own, and normally spent time with technology, playing games or listening to music. Due to this, he was a targeted for bullies later on in school, along with those he knew. developed his confident attitude as mask originally, but as he kept it he slowly fitted into it. He had been dueling since a young age, but now that he had become more extroverted he become a popular player.

Today, Steven keeps working a normal(ish) life, although he puts a lot of his free time into dueling. He hasn't made many new friends, and prefers to stick with those he's known for a while. He's not normally a competitive player, however those who know him have repeatedly encouraging him to take a shot at it, so, with the Calisdo King Tourney coming up, he decided to finally enter.

Deck: Veronian: An Xyz deck that focuses on eventually doing F0 type stuff, recycling its main and extra deck monsters by banishing then shuffling. Doesn't really have much for attacking, but likes to ruin your opponent's field. 
Custom Cards: (Will send you deck)
Play Style: Disrespect. 'Nuff said. (Alright, maybe not 'nuff said. Defeating your opponent in the most pointless way possible)

Misc. Information:

Battle theme: Megalovania Battle of the Generations

Favorite Color: Green

All good?

[spoiler=Drago: The Dragon Guardian]

Name: Drago

Physical Description: Drago stands  5'10": tall, but not abnormally so. He looks like he comes from the Caribbean, with dark skin and hair, the latter held back in a waist-length braid. It's easy to see that he's in a state of incredible fitness, partially because he refuses to wear a shirt for long (At most, he'll don a tank top, so he can still move his arms freely). His arms, legs, chest, even his neck muscles are incredibly strong, due to years of practicing martial arts. His irises are a soft, pale grey that hold wisdom beyond his years.  He has a branded Yin-Yang on his back that has the character for "Guardian" in Chinese.  inside the dot of the Yang. His forearms are always wrapped in bandages, to hide the scars from his suicide attempts.

Personality: Drago is a wild soul; playful, passionate, and kind. He loves wordplay, always with a clever quip or pun to finish his opponent off. He's also a notorious ladies' man, with a penchant for driving girls wild and he KNOWS IT. Drago's trust is difficult to get, and easy to lose, but when you're Drago's friend, he will protect you with his life and then some. The boy hates to wear a shirt, simply because he doesn't like his range of motion to be restricted. A common sight at his school is Drago, running out of the building, throwing off his shirt and leaping into a Duel bare-chested. He can be sensitive about his history, but is more than happy to listen to his friends' stories and problems, offering surprisingly sage advice (and sometimes candy!). He views Dueling as a sport, something to get a little better at every time. While he hates to lose, he also hates to win without a challenge. Forfeiting a Duel is a sure way for him to turn his back on you.

Biography: When he was young, Drago was an orphan with little will to live. He tried multiple times to end his own life before he was even 10. But at that age, the orphanage finally sent him to a monastery in the mountains, where he learned martial arts, Dueling, and Dragon Cards, discovering a new purpose to life. After a time, an ancient set of Dragon cards was presented to him by the monastery grandmaster. This was the final test, to see if he would succumb to the offer of power. When he opened the seal, the twenty-five dragons were released, and they made him an offer. He would free them from the prison that was the monastery, and they would grant him power beyond his wildest imaginations. Drago, to the shock of the other monks, agreed. The dragons consumed a part of his soul that limited him, his fear, and replaced it, becoming the Yang that would balance with his Yin. Forever after, Drago was known as the Dragon Guardian, carrying a deck of Duel Monsters cards that no one had seen before, and with the power to steal his opponent's soul. This was his army of Dragon Cards, and together, they plan to leave one hell of a mark on history.

Deck: Dragon Cards: His deck uses the dragons from a deck of Dragon Cards, and a few Spell/Trap cards to support them. Otherwise, his deck contains a handful of Dueling staples, Xyz support cards, etc.

Custom Cards:

[spoiler=Monsters]
Xiao Tu Long

EARTH

Level 2

Rock/Union

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Jin Long" you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in Defense Position. While equipped by this effect, double the original ATK and DEF of "Jin Long" (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.)

ATK: 1000

DEF: 1000

Xiao Jin Long

WIND

Level 2

Machine/Union 

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Shui Long" you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in Defense Position. While equipped by this effect, double the original ATK and DEF of "Shui Long" (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.)

Xiao Shui Long

WATER

Level 2

Sea Serpent/Union

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Mu Long" you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in Defense Position. While equipped by this effect, double the original ATK and DEF of "Mu Long" (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.)

Xiao Mu Long

EARTH

Level 2

Plant/Union

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Huo Long" you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in Defense Position. While equipped by this effect, double the original ATK and DEF of "Huo Long" (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.)

Xiao Huo Long

FIRE

Level 2

Pyro/Union

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Tu Long" monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in Defense Position. While equipped by this effect, double the original ATK and DEF of "Tu Long" monster (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.)

Tu Long

EARTH

Level 5

Rock/Effect

This monster can be Special Summoned by discarding two Rock-Type Monsters from your hand. When this monster attacks or is attacked by a Pyro, Sea-Serpent, Aqua or Fish-Type monster, that opposing monster loses 1000 ATK.

ATK: 2000

DEF: 2000

Jin Long

WIND

Level 5

Machine/Effect

This monster can be Special Summoned by discarding two Machine-Type Monsters from your hand. When this monster attacks or is attacked by a Rock or Plant-Type monster, that opposing monster loses 1000 ATK.

Shui Long

WATER

Level 5

Sea Serpent/Effect

This monster can be Special Summoned by discarding two Sea-Serpent-Type Monsters from your hand. When this monster attacks or is attacked by a Machine or Pyro-Type monster, that opposing monster loses 1000 ATK.

Mu Long

EARTH

Level 5

Plant/Effect

This monster can be Special Summoned by discarding two Plant-Type Monsters from your hand. When this monster attacks or is attacked by an Aqua or Rock-Type monster, that opposing monster loses 1000 ATK.

Huo Long

FIRE

Level 5

Pyro/Effect

This monster can be Special Summoned by discarding two Pyro-Type Monsters from your hand. When this monster attacks or is attacked by a Machine or Plant-Type monster, that opposing monster loses 1000 ATK.

Wei Tu Long

EARTH

Rank 5

Rock/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 5 "Long" Monsters.

Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can remove one Xyz Material; Neither player can attack for 3 turns.

ATK: 3000

DEF: 3000

Wei Jin Long

WIND

Rank 5

Machine/Xyz/Effect

Once per turn, you can remove one Xyz Material; Target "Long" Monster can attack your opponent directly, also other monsters you control cannot attack this turn.

Wei Shui Long

WATER

Rank 5

Sea-Serpent/Xyz/Effect

Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1; you can remove two Xyz Materials; destroy all other cards on the field. This monster cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect.

Wei Mu Long

EARTH

Rank 5

Plant/Xyz/Effect

You can remove one Xyz Material from this monster to Special Summon one "Mu Long" Monster from your graveyard in face-up Defense Mode.

Wei Huo Long

FIRE

Rank 5

Pyro/Xyz/Effect

Once per turn, when this monster attacks a Defense Position monster, you can remove one Xyz Material to have it deal piercing battle damage.

[spoiler=Spells]
Dragon Art of Conflagration

Spell

Tribute one "Mu Long," Special Summon one "Huo Long" of the same level from your hand or graveyard. It gains 800 ATK.

Dragon Art of Vanishing

Quick-Play Spell

Target "Long" Monster is immune to card effects until the end of the turn.

Dragon Art of Cataclysm

Spell

Negate the effects of all face-up Spells and Traps until your opponent's End Phase. When you control a "Long" Monster, you can destroy all face-up Spell and Trap cards.

[spoiler=Traps]
Soul-Devouring Jar

Continuous Trap

When your opponent declares an attack, place the attacking monster under this card. You can banish a monster placed under this card by this effect to gain Life-Points equal to it's Level/Rank x200. You can only activate each effect of "Soul-Devouring Jar" once per turn.

Dragon Art of Illusion

Trap

Target 1 face-up "Long" monster you control. Special Summon one monster with the same name from your Hand, Deck or Graveyard. Destroy it during the End Phase.

Dragon Art of Sealing

Counter Trap

When a card effect targets a "Long" monster you control, negate that card's effects and banish it and this card.

Play Style:  In a Duel, he is relentless, relying on brute strength and total decimation of his opponent's field to win. His Dragons can equip onto each other, powering each other up. If he can, he goes for Rank 5 Xyz Summons with his dragons, calling out his Grand Dragons to wipe the opponent's field clean and cut his opponent down to size.

Misc.: Addicted to candy, especially licorice.

(I will submit the Dragon Cards in PM once I have finished their designs.)

A reminder for everyone that you shouldn't mini-mod. Please use the report button instead. That way we don't spread misconceptions of the rules like this, and we don't make unnecessary posts trying to do the moderators' job.

That said, there's no harm done here, it's an update and the extra post ensures the host doesn't overlook the message.

[spoiler=Drago: The Dragon Guardian]

Name: Drago

Physical Description: Drago stands  5'10": tall, but not abnormally so. He looks like he comes from the Caribbean, with dark skin and hair, the latter held back in a waist-length braid. It's easy to see that he's in a state of incredible fitness, partially because he refuses to wear a shirt for long (At most, he'll don a tank top, so he can still move his arms freely). His arms, legs, chest, even his neck muscles are incredibly strong, due to years of practicing martial arts. His irises are a soft, pale grey that hold wisdom beyond his years.  He has a branded symbol on his back that says "Guardian" in Chinese. His forearms are always wrapped in bandages.

Personality: Drago is a wild soul; playful, passionate, and kind. He loves wordplay, always with a clever quip or pun to finish his opponent off. He's also a notorious ladies' man, with a penchant for driving girls wild. Drago's trust is difficult to get, and easy to lose, but when you're Drago's friend, he will protect you with his life and then some.

Biography: When he was young, Drago was an orphan with little will to live. He tried multiple times to end his own life before he was even 10. But at that age, the orphanage finally sent him to a monastery in the mountains, where he learned martial arts, Dueling, and Dragon Cards, discovering a new purpose to life. After a time, an ancient set of Dragon cards called out to him, and when he found the deck of cards sealed in an old pot, he offered them a deal. He would free them from their prison, and they would grant him power. The twenty-five dragons agreed, and they consumed a part of his soul that limited him, his fear. Forever after, Drago was known as the Dragon Guardian, carrying a deck of Duel Monsters cards that no one had seen before, and with the power to steal his opponent's soul. This was his army of Dragon Cards, and together, they plan to leave one hell of a mark on history.

Deck: Dragon Cards: His deck uses the dragons from a deck of Dragon Cards, and Spell/Trap cards to support them.

Play Style:  In a Duel, he is relentless, relying on brute strength and total decimation of his opponent's field to win. His Dragons can equip onto each other, powering each other up. If he can, he goes for Rank 5 Xyz Summons with his dragons, calling out his Grand Dragons to wipe the opponent's field clean.

Misc.: Addicted to candy, especially licorice.

(I will submit the Dragon Cards in PM once I have finished their designs.)

The physical description is great, but the personality needs to be about double that length. Also, I'm not sure about the biography, or more specifically. about the whole "cards calling out to him" thing. Maybe just have his sensei up in the mountains give them to him instead?

Archived