Game of Thrones

Aix

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't GRRM at one point say that one of the most popular fan theories was true? I thought that basically confirmed R+L=J. I can't remember the source though so I might just be confused.

Well he didn't say which. There are other popular theories. Cleganebowl and Aerys x Joanna for example. hehe

Well he didn't say which. There are other popular theories. Cleganebowl and Aerys x Joanna for example. hehe

It just seems that R+L=J is by far the most backed up and likely out of the theories. That being said I would love to see them do Clegane bowl this season.

Ok THIS I do think will happen

But Joanna wasn't anywhere near Aerys when Tyrion was conceived. She was around the time Jamie and Cercei were. That's maybe the best irony in the story if it comes to pass

Could Martin have lied about Cold Hands and Benjen? Cause the show makes it seem pretty convincing they're the same dude

I think he lied about it as well or he just didn't want that released yet. 

It doesn't make sense in the show though. Benjen said he was stabbed by White Walkers. Why was he fighting them? I mean... Wouldn't he be battling the wights? Maybe he knows something, but the show isn't giving any kind of indication. Also, the children just happened to be around? They'd probably flee at the sight of the White Walkers and Night's Watch. But none of that is what's bugging me. What's bugging me is the obsidian they stuck into his heart and the Night's King heart. Why didn't Benjen become like the Night's King? Why does he still have all his human traits? I mean when they made the first Night's King, he looked like a healthy man. Benjen was dying. Shouldn't the way they turned out be somewhat reversed? So many questions... So few answers. Lol

Was reading a the books over and in a feast for crows, Jamie's aunt tells him that Tyrion is Tywin's son and Jamie is not. The MK was not near Twyins mother during the time of Tyrion's conception, but she was during the time of Cercei and Jamie's

The irony would be perfect and would explain the twincest

Also Jamie pretty much hates Cercei in the books at this point, I'm really not sure where the show is going or if they even plan to converge

Gemma was not being literal. She's talking about personality, which is a fair comment - Tyrion is closer to being Tywin than Jamie is. Jamie is arguably the least Lannister of the main Lannisters, especially by that point in the story. 

I also think that Tyrion being a secret Targyrean makes more thematic sense when it comes to the Three Heads of the Dragon than Jamie and Cersei being Targ's just for the irony. Additionally Tyrion has show the distinctly Targ trait of Dragon dreams. Something that at least 4 or 5 kings have historically been known to have. Whereas Jamie has show essentially no Targ traits outside of incest (Which I wouldn't even consider a Targ trait, just an aspect of Cersei's obsession with herself), and Cersei has at most show an obsession with Wildfire, but that could equally be a trait of madness more than Targ's. Plus you know the fact the Jamie and Cersei are literally Lannister's incarnate in terms of apperance. 

There's textual evidence for it either way, I just think Tyrion being the Targ (If anyone is), works better than Jamie and Cersei doing so. 

As for the episode itself:

[spoiler=Spoilers]From what I've read, it actually seems like an alright episode. Ignoring the implausibility of Arya's behaviour.

Also rip Broken Man speech.

[spoiler=ep7]

IZkej15.gif

GET HYPE

Pretty solid episode. I loved Ian McShane's performance, sad to see it was so shortlived. Really weird to see how the Brotherhood would do something as atrocious as that, I'm hoping those guys aren't representative of the whole Brotherhood mentality. 

[spoiler=Ep7]funk YES THE HOUND IS BACK, ORUUUUU

Also, I think Olenna is one of my favorite characters now. She's always been a treat to watch, but after that long-overdue roast on Cersei, it's official. Nothing like an old lady's brutal honesty.

[spoiler=EP7]

It's funny how a lot of the northern houses kinda said funk the Starks. It's all your brother's fault. Lyanna had me in stitches. 62 men. Lmao

Arya getting stabbed kinda surprised me. Yeah the Waif is after her, but how it happened seemed pretty fast. Lol I caught me off. I wonder how that's gonna play through.

The Blackfish was funking bad ass. I think he's my new favorite character. It's pretty obvious that the Freys would kill him and Edmure either way, so his decision was a smart one. I love how he just straight up humiliated Jaime. 

Also Bronn said what I was saying for years. Shut the funk up about your debts. Lol.

Sandor is back, but I still don't think Cleganebowl is gonna happen. It was kinda weird to see the Brotherhood act like that. They never hurt people in the books. Not sure why the show made them do something like that. Looking forward to that axe rape. 

This episode was so good. Mostly because of the Blackfish and Arya. 9/10

Gemma was not being literal. She's talking about personality, which is a fair comment - Tyrion is closer to being Tywin than Jamie is. Jamie is arguably the least Lannister of the main Lannisters, especially by that point in the story. 

I also think that Tyrion being a secret Targyrean makes more thematic sense when it comes to the Three Heads of the Dragon than Jamie and Cersei being Targ's just for the irony. Additionally Tyrion has show the distinctly Targ trait of Dragon dreams. Something that at least 4 or 5 kings have historically been known to have. Whereas Jamie has show essentially no Targ traits outside of incest (Which I wouldn't even consider a Targ trait, just an aspect of Cersei's obsession with herself), and Cersei has at most show an obsession with Wildfire, but that could equally be a trait of madness more than Targ's. Plus you know the fact the Jamie and Cersei are literally Lannister's incarnate in terms of apperance. 

There's textual evidence for it either way, I just think Tyrion being the Targ (If anyone is), works better than Jamie and Cersei doing so. 

As for the episode itself:

[spoiler=Spoilers]From what I've read, it actually seems like an alright episode. Ignoring the implausibility of Arya's behaviour.

Also rip Broken Man speech.

A couple of things about that

1) She also told Tywin when Tyrion was only a baby. Either she can see the future or she meant something else

2) Tyrion's mom was not near King's Landing around the time Tyrion should have been conceived, but Aerys took certain liberties on the day Twyin got married and it was rumored they were having affairs long before that

Yeah that's just someone rehashing an element of Martin's original plot idea, which was vastly different to what has actually been produced. Origionally Jon and Arya would be in love, with Tyrion also developing feelings but obviously un-reciprocated.

It is not a source you should take with any real level of credibility. There are no tWoW rumours outside of the what we can guess from the chapters we've been given and reading between the lines of the text. The fact the site immediately throws a Norton ad at you should be confirmation of that.

Seriously don't believe s*** you read about Winds of Winter that doesn't come from the Mouth of either Martin, his publisher, or the couple who made A World of Ice and Fire since Martin shares a lot with them. Because how the funk else would anyone know anything? It's a book, not a tv show. 

As for your other two points - I don't think we are ever actually given a time as to when Gemma said that to Tywin, simply that she did and that he refused to speak to her for half a year. Additionally, if it were a secret hint to there lineage, she would not be comparing Jamie to the rest of Tywin's siblings. 

Finally, I believe the World of Ice and Fire speaks in less certainties than that, that there were more times when Joanna was at King's Landing that could coincide with Tyrion being concieved. But I don't have my copy of the book on me to check that with, so I'll do so at the end of the week. 

I was just thinking... The Brotherhood went all malicious on us. Could have been because the show is doing Lady Stoneheart? I mean yeah, it's kinda late in the season for her to show up, but It's not like they haven't done anything like that before. 

Archived