くコ:彡 Squid Squad くコ:彡

Accepted and added! 

EDIT: Turns out that there's a metric fukcton of L miis on miiverse. Mayhaps your NNID would be of some use here? If, however, L is your NNID, then I can't find you. 

sniper scum

My ID is 7thOne, but my Mii name is L. Yeah I expected there were a lot of those...

Also we did have a Skype group for Splatoon but it kinda got out of touch after a while.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ID is 7thOne, but my Mii name is L. Yeah I expected there were a lot of those...

Also we did have a Skype group for Splatoon but it kinda got out of touch after a while.

That should work. And yeah, but now there's a new one! A club one!

No way mate. We're doing a Hide n' Seek first of all.

I'm having exams this week, so I will only be available after Thursday.

Everyone needs Ninja Squid, then.

Since hiding in walls otherwise would be counterproductive.

Also, how can we prevent cheating?

Everyone needs Ninja Squid, then.

Since hiding in walls otherwise would be counterproductive.

Also, how can we prevent cheating?

define "cheating" in this instance. 

Also, what version of hide &seek should we do. I know of multiple hiders and 1 seeker and multiple seekers and 1 hider

define "cheating" in this instance. 

Also, what version of hide &seek should we do. I know of multiple hiders and 1 seeker and multiple seekers and 1 hider

You'd look at the bottom screen to see where all the ink went, and just follow suit.

And Warehouse would be the best for this. Mainly because it's so small.

You'd look at the bottom screen to see where all the ink went, and just follow suit.

And Warehouse would be the best for this. Mainly because it's so small.

Ah, right, gamepads. I suppose we could just go on the honor code. Also the seeker(s) would face the other way while the hider(s) inked up for the first minute or two, for obvi reasons.

Since its not an official Splatoon mode, it depends on having an unanimous agreement among the members to even have the experience. What would even be the point of playing through it when cheating? There's no points or ranks in hide and seek so ... just to say "lalala I beat you" as a prize for you from you? that'd be sad.

Anyhow, I don't think we have a way to ensure a person's honor there. We'd just have to trust that each member playing is mature enough to follow the rules.

- - - - - - -

I'm free right about now but the TVs are being used. Even then I'm pondering on if I should take a much needed nap or try to ask mom if I can permanently move the location of one of the TVs in the house xD

if I can permanently move the location of one of the TVs in the house xD

...One of these days, I should do that myself. Move my WiiU up to my room; Would let me play at night without interrupting anyone in my house/play with some of you guys who are in different parts of the world/not worry too much about time zones/etc.

Uh, I was too tired to check in yesterday and some stuff already happened. Allow me to catch up:

1. I had thought about "Ink Hazard" for the club's name but one has already been decided; I guess I will keep that one to myself if we ever arrange Splatoon teams among us.

2. As for club minigames/events, I'm leaning towards the Hide n' seek version where 1 hides and a team seeks. I'm assuming the hiding player has to paint the entire map first, right?

3. I'm usually available on weekends. Midweek is tricky but there should be rare days where I get the chance; I can let you know when that happens.

P.D. Forgot to answer my own question: I go for Callie, I like her cheerfulness.

Uh, I was too tired to check in yesterday and some stuff already happened. Allow me to catch up:

1. I had thought about "Ink Hazard" for the club's name but one has already been decided; I guess I will keep that one to myself if we ever arrange Splatoon teams among us.

2. As for club minigames/events, I'm leaning towards the Hide n' seek version where 1 hides and a team seeks. I'm assuming the hiding player has to paint the entire map first, right?

3. I'm usually available on weekends. Midweek is tricky but there should be rare days where I get the chance; I can let you know when that happens.

P.D. Forgot to answer my own question: I go for Callie, I like her cheerfulness.

The way I've seen it done is that the hider has something like 1-2 minutes to ink as much or as little as they want and then the seekers go wild. 

Because of this video I found today:
[spoiler=video]

It occurred to me to ask this: What are your opinions on squid partying (fooling around) and squidbagging (quick successive kid/squid transforming, usually after splatting somebody but not limited to it)?

Personally, squid partying outside of private is unacceptable unless its the last few seconds of a match in which the whole team pretty much knows they are gonna lose anyways at that point due to overwhelming opponents.

Squidbagging I don't mind anywhere so long as it doesn't actually prevent the player doing it from playing the game at a competent level.

Like, if you are gonna do it for 10+ ish seconds, you are not really trying and are a detriment to the team.

However, a quickie every once in a while I'm fine with regardless of how much it might anger the opponents. In fact, I find it hilarious even when I'm the victim in those situations.

Because of this video I found today:

[spoiler=video]

It occurred to me to ask this: What are your opinions on squid partying (fooling around) and squidbagging (quick successive kid/squid transforming, usually after splatting somebody but not limited to it)?

Personally, squid partying outside of private is unacceptable unless its the last few seconds of a match in which the whole team pretty much knows they are gonna lose anyways at that point due to overwhelming opponents.

Squidbagging I don't mind anywhere so long as it doesn't actually prevent the player doing it from playing the game at a competent level.

Like, if you are gonna do it for 10+ ish seconds, you are not really trying and are a detriment to the team.

However, a quickie every once in a while I'm fine with regardless of how much it might anger the opponents. In fact, I find it hilarious even when I'm the victim in those situations.

I, actually, have the complete opposite opinion. I think that squid parties are all in good fun and taste, and squid bagging is kinda rude. I feel that squid bagging, also, has the same.mentality type thing that the sniper goggles has: its a way to pretend that this fun squid game is CoD.

But really my feeling a on squid parties only apply to casual matches (see: turf war). In ranked ranked, you should be serious, not squilly (squid silly).

No opinion on Squid parties as I have yet to be involved in one, let alone in Ranked.

Regarding squidbagging, I dislike it. I don't like when it's done to me, and so I don't do it either. I understand some do it for fun, others do it from their competitive mindset, or perhaps just to mock the other player, but whatever the reason is I find it annoying, and even rude or disrespectful, unless I know beforehand or can tell the player is just being silly, but it's difficult to determine that against random players.

Alright, so it's Thursday, and that means Hide and Seek is comming up soon. Who's free when? Also, which version should we do, 1 hider many  seekers, or 1 seeker many hiders?

I'm still curious as to how we would go about doing that.

I'm still curious as to how we would go about doing that.

The way I've seen it done is that you set the mode to rainmaker, the peep(s) seeking turn around and wait 1-2 minutes while the hider(s) ink as much or as little as they want, then after that the seeker(s) go wild. Obvi there's no looking at the game pad, and usually rollers are off limits when there's only 1 hider. Other than that, it's just a fun lil game. 

Archived