• Last Reply

Are there any cards that would give you a benefit for doing the following?:

-Activate Ultimate Offering

-Summon Marauding Captain

-Summon Falcon of the Mist Valley

-Summon another by paying 500.

-Summon another, or something like another Mist Valley monster

-Attack with one Falcon, returning to your hand Marauding Captain

-Attack with another, returning the one that attacked, etc. etc.

I wanted to do a combo sorta like this for a "Falcon PAWNCH!" deck that I random came up with, but I guess it would only look cool, and not do anything.. unless someone tells me a card that would make returning the monsters to your hand or Summoning so many beneficial.

I don't even know what that folcon card does.

Why not just use 2 folcons? Attack, return, UO, and attack.

Wait, scratch it. Lets re read UO.

You can pay 500 Life Points to Normal Summon or Set 1 extra monster. You can only activate this effect during your Main Phase or your opponent's Battle Phase.

I guess now you need all out attacks or something.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Falcon_of_Mist_Valley

ATK/ 2000 DEF/ 1200

This card cannot declare an attack unless you return 1 card you control to its owner's hand.

Ultimate Offering only let's you Normal Summon monsters, not Normal Summon them on a different phase, with the exception of your opponent's Battle Phase, as you said.

The idea of the deck is to flood the field and hammer my opponent for massive damage, then retreat. But I'm not sure any card, with the exception of Spring of Rebirth, will make retreating pointful in any way.

^ have them avoid being attacked? that helps mildly. then they wont be in your graveyard.

and also, i have a question concerning Sky Scourge Enrise.

Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 face-up monster on the field. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.

Can you attack with Enrise, then apply it's effect during Main Phase 2? Because it doesn't state any vice versa prevention on the card text. I came to this problem when i attacked a Big Shield Guardna, and i wasn't in the mood to just LEAVE it there, and since i didn't use his effect, i thought i would might as well remove the thing with the effect.

^ have them avoid being attacked? that helps mildly. then they wont be in your graveyard.

and also' date=' i have a question concerning Sky Scourge Enrise.

Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 face-up monster on the field. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.

Can you attack with Enrise, then apply it's effect during Main Phase 2? Because it doesn't state any vice versa prevention on the card text. I came to this problem when i attacked a Big Shield Guardna, and i wasn't in the mood to just LEAVE it there, and since i didn't use his effect, i thought i would might as well remove the thing with the effect.

If you were to attack and then use his effect, then you would have used his effect in the same turn as attacking, which breaks the conditions stated in the effect.

You can only do one or the other, not both.

3 Questions regarding Magical City Endymion.

1. If I activate Magical City Endymion, does it get a Spell Counter because I activated Magical City Endymion?
  2. If my opponent activates Heavy Storm while there are no Spell Counters on Magical City Endymion, can I remove the Spell Counter I got from Heavy Storm to negate it's destruction? (I'm almost sure I can since Heavy activates before it resolves, but I'm checking)
  3. If I have a Magical City Endymion with 5 Spell Counters on it and I activate Magical City Endymion, does Magical City Endymion get the 5 Spell Counters that were on Magical City Endymion?

Furthermore, a few questions about chaining/responding.

1. If I summon E-Hero Stratos and activate it's effect, do I ask if my opponent chains or if he responds?
  2. If I summon a Normal Monster, can I activate Chain Strike in response?
  3. Are the above questions the same question?

Thanks in advance.

1. If I summon E-Hero Stratos and activate it's effect' date=' do I ask if my opponent chains or if he responds?

[/quote']

Once you Summon Elemental Hero Stratos, you can claim priority and declare that you are activating his effect. This is Chain Link 1. Your opponent now gets a chance to respond with an effect of their own. If they do, it's Chain Link 2.

If I summon a Normal Monster' date=' can I activate Chain Strike in response?

[/quote']

No. Normal Summoning doesn't use the chain, so there's nothing for Chain Strike to chain to.

Are the above questions the same question?

No.

1. If I summon E-Hero Stratos and activate it's effect' date=' do I ask if my opponent chains or if he responds?

[/quote']

Once you Summon Elemental Hero Stratos, you can claim priority and declare that you are activating his effect. This is Chain Link 1. Your opponent now gets a chance to respond with an effect of their own. If they do, it's Chain Link 2.

Alright, the answer's clear, but I don't think you can claim priority on Stratos since it's effect is an Optional Trigger Effect, not an Ignition Effect. Not?

[/quote']

Alright, the answer's clear, but I don't think you can claim priority on Stratos since it's effect is an Optional Trigger Effect, not an Ignition Effect. Not?

If you don't want to, don't call it priority. Call it "hey, I'm the turn player and I've satisfied the conditions for activating my Trigger Effect, so I'm activating it and it's Chain Link 1". It's still going to be Chain Link 1 unless the opponent has a Compulsory Trigger effect that also activates...in which case Stratos is Chain Link 2.

[/quote']

If you don't want to, don't call it priority. Call it "hey, I'm the turn player and I've satisfied the conditions for activating my Trigger Effect, so I'm activating it and it's Chain Link 1". It's still going to be Chain Link 1 unless the opponent has a Compulsory Trigger effect that also activates...in which case Stratos is Chain Link 2.

I just like to call things by their names, and that's what this question was for in the first place; to know if I call it chain or response. And I don't want to get confused about other things' names on my way to the answer to it.

[/quote']

I just like to call things by their names, and that's what this question was for in the first place; to know if I call it chain or response. And I don't want to get confused about other things' names on my way to the answer to it.

Their response will use the chain, so call it whichever you prefer.

What exactly is Solemn Judgment being chained to if it's activated to stop a normal summon?

It's not being chained "to" anything' date=' [i']per se[/i], since the Normal Summon doesn't use the chain. However, the Solemn Judgment would use the chain. Probably. Or something.

That's why Solemn Judgment can negate Cyber Dragon's Special Summon but not Sacred Phoenix's Special Summon; the latter uses the chain, while the former does not, and Solemn Judgment only stops Summons that don't use the chain.

That's exactly why I was asking' date=' I was confused over that difference.

Can you activate "Solemn Judgment" on Gorz's summon, or is it the battle damage that's creating the summon?

[/quote']

You can't activate Solemn, it's a Trigger Effect that uses the chain.

A ruling i found interesting about Gorz.

If "Light and Darkness Dragon" negates the effect of "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness"' date=' then "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness" remains in your hand. You cannot activate the effect of "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness" again the next time you take damage.

[/quote']

This card cannot be Special Summoned. While this card is face-up on the field' date=' its Attribute is also treated as DARK. When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, or the effect of an Effect Monster is activated, that activation is negated and this card loses 500 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 monster in your Graveyard. Then destroy all cards you control, and Special Summon that monster.

[/quote']

Discard 1 card from your hand. Negate the activation of an Effect Monster's effect and destroy that Effect Monster.

Okay, now Im not sure, but if you DW gorz will it stay in the hand? I know if you DW glad beast monsters, you don't send them to the graveyard due to the "Destroy" effect. Or does the cost of sending them have to the deck have anything to do with it?

A ruling i found interesting about Gorz.

If "Light and Darkness Dragon" negates the effect of "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness"' date=' then "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness" remains in your hand. You cannot activate the effect of "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness" again the next time you take damage.

[/quote']

This card cannot be Special Summoned. While this card is face-up on the field' date=' its Attribute is also treated as DARK. When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, or the effect of an Effect Monster is activated, that activation is negated and this card loses 500 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 monster in your Graveyard. Then destroy all cards you control, and Special Summon that monster.

[/quote']

Discard 1 card from your hand. Negate the activation of an Effect Monster's effect and destroy that Effect Monster.

Okay' date=' now Im not sure, but if you DW gorz will it stay in the hand? I know if you DW glad beast monsters, you don't send them to the graveyard due to the "Destroy" effect. Or does the cost of sending them have to the deck have anything to do with it?

[/quote']

Cards in the hand can be destroyed. If I remember correctly, cards in the deck are indestructable.

I have a question that was "haunting" my mind for long. Imagine there is Skill Drain on the field and I summon Jinzo. Jinzo negates traps but Skill Drain negates effect monsters. My question is: what happens in this situation? Should we apply the effect of Skill Drain or Jinzo? I'll be glad if someone could answer this.

I have a question that was "haunting" my mind for long. If there is Skill Drain on the field and I summon Jinzo. Jinzo negates traps but Skill Drain negates effect monsters. My question is: what happens in this situation? Should we apply the effect of Skill Drain or Jinzo? I'll be glad if someone could answer this.

In situations like this, the winner is generally whichever card was out first.

If Skill Drain was already face-up on the field and active before Jinzo hit the field, then Jinzo's Continuous Effect is never permitted to become active, so it will not be able to negate Traps.

Archived