Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

I've recently obtainned mh bujin deck and have read up and learned most rulings. Theres jusy one that I can't find:

Bujingi Turtle vs reapplication effects.

Ex:

Turtle vs Scrap Dragon/Dracosak/Big Eye - can these monsters "re-apply" their once per turn effects (next turn) or are they permanently negated?

Turtle effect:

"During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a "Bujin" monster you control: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; negate that effect."

There's no set time limit...or am I overthinking this situation?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've recently obtainned mh bujin deck and have read up and learned most rulings. Theres jusy one that I can't find:

Ex:

Turtle vs Scrap Dragon/Dracosak/Big Eye - can these monsters "re-apply" their once per turn effects (next turn) or are they permanently negated?

Only that instance is negated, and "once-per-turn" effects will work in the following turn.

Ex:

Turtle effect:

"During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a "Bujin" monster you control: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; negate that effect."

There's no set time limit...or am I overthinking this situation?

"Negate that effect" refers specifically to the effect that is trying to resolve at that instant. If it fully negates scrap dragon and such even afterwards, it would be worded more like Effect Veiler

• 2 weeks later...

I've been ignored plenty, but let's give it one more shot.

Can the effect of Swords of Concealing Light change a Token to face-up Defense Position?

How about Ghostrick Witch?

I don't know about the interaction of Swords, but I do know you cannot target a token with an effect that would flip it face down. So you can't even target a token with Witch.

Ghostrick Mummy:

Effect:

...During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Ghostrick" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)...

Is this effect similar to Castor/Pollux's in that I gain it even if Mummy is Effect Veiler'd, BTH'd, etc. after it is Summoned?

Ghostrick Mummy:

Effect:

...During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Ghostrick" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)...

Is this effect similar to Castor/Pollux's in that I gain it even if Mummy is Effect Veiler'd, BTH'd, etc. after it is Summoned?

No. Castor and Pollux have their condition tied to their Normal Summon. Mummy does not.

I see. So Veiler, BTH, TT, etc. should stop the effect. I was not sure because the effect doesn't have ":", I thought it didn't start a chain and thus Veiler couldn't answer to it.

Thanks for your answer.

It doesn't start a chain. It's a continuous effect. It's different from pollux and caster because they leave a condition on the field upon successful normal summon

So if Mummy is BTH/TT/etc., or Veiler/Fiendish Chain/etc. is chained to its Summon, I won't get the effect. But if, let's say, the opponent forgets to chain Veiler to Mummy's Summon, then I get the effect and he/she cannot attempt to negate it afterwards with Veiler?

So if Mummy is BTH/TT/etc., or Veiler/Fiendish Chain/etc. is chained to its Summon, I won't get the effect. But if, let's say, the opponent forgets to chain Veiler to Mummy's Summon, then I get the effect and he/she cannot attempt to negate it afterwards with Veiler?

Whether it responds to the summon or not makes no difference

Ok. So, let's say the following happens:

1. I Summon Mummy

2. Opponent doesn't answer with anything

3. I Normal Summon the 2nd Ghostrick without warning (as far I know, I don't have to tell my opponent that I'm using Mummy's effect, because it is a continuous effect)

4. Opponent drops Veiler in an attempt of negating Mummy's effect.

What happens then? Woulnd't it be too late for negating Mummy's 2nd Normal Summon in that case?

1. I Summon Mummy

3. I Normal Summon the 2nd Ghostrick without warning (as far I know, I don't have to tell my opponent that I'm using Mummy's effect, because it is a continuous effect)

What happens then? Woulnd't it be too late for negating Mummy's 2nd Normal Summon in that case?

Yes, it would be late.

On DN, anything goes. I ask for Chains for the same reason. IRL, it would not pass.

Try to avoid playing like your opponent did, in this case. I did so once (this is what I get for testing a old crappy deck) and looked

like a noob. *facepalm* 

1. I Summon Mummy

Well common courtesy is to say "summon through mummy effect", bu yes, once you choose to apply mummy's effect the have no chance to negate it.

Kinda random question but if someone could clarify?

If I use "Battlin' Boxer Rib Gardna" to banish "Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke", then it returns to my field during the next turn and I attack into a "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo", is "Lead Yoke" considered Special Summoned anymore or does it 'reset' because it left the field?

Bumping this but, can I use Battlin' Boxin Spirits if Dimensional Fissure is active? The way it's worded, it looks like that mill is part of the effect.

No, it's a cost, not an effect.

The English lore clearly states "send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 "Battling Boxer" monster in your Graveyard; (semi-colon)"

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Level 4 EARTH Machine-Type monster, except "Geargiauger", from your Deck to your hand. If you activate this effect, you cannot declare an attack, nor Special Summon any monsters, except Machine-Type monsters, for the rest of this turn.

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Level 4 EARTH Machine-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Geargiauger". If you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except Machine-Type monsters, nor declare an attack, for the rest of this turn.

Assuming I play this in MP1, and not MP2(Since MP2 bypasses all this lol)

DN's version implies you can still attack with Machines.

Wiki version implies you can't, because it's outside of 'Except Machines' part.

So here's my question....

Is DN worded correctly and I can make such plays, OR does it not matter, and I can't attack in general. Because if it's the later, then I'm derping and accidentally reading it wrong.

Anyone mind clearing this up for me real fast, please?

So if I have Closed Forest, Number 64: Ronin Raccoon Sandayu with 2 materials, and 1 Beast monster in my graveyard. If I use Sandayu's effect, does the token have 1200 atk or 1400 atk, assuming Sandayu is the strongest monster on the field?

It would have 1200 ATK.

The Token's total ATK upon Summon becomes equal to the current ATK of the highest ATK monster. All modifications already in effect, such as Closed Forest, will not apply anything extra to the Token. If Closed Forest was played AFTER the Token was Summoned, then it would get the bonus from Forest.

Archived