Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your answer.

Another question:

I have a Dekoichi face-down on the field. I activate "Chaos Infinity", flipping Dekoichi face-up and triggering the flip effect, then summoning Meklord Army Wisel. My opponent answers the Summon of Wisel with "Bottomless Trap Hole". Does BTH resolves before Dekoichi? or SEGOC gets in the way and would both Dekoichi and BTH activate at the same time, but then Dekoichi goes first because I get priority as the Turn Player?

Thanks for your answer.

Another question:

I have a Dekoichi face-down on the field. I activate "Chaos Infinity", flipping Dekoichi face-up and triggering the flip effect, then summoning Meklord Army Wisel. My opponent answers the Summon of Wisel with "Bottomless Trap Hole". Does BTH resolves before Dekoichi? or SEGOC gets in the way and would both Dekoichi and BTH activate at the same time, but then Dekoichi goes first because I get priority as the Turn Player?

What would happen is this.

Chaos Infinity would resolve, flipping Dekoichi and Summoning Wisel. 

At this timing, Dekoichi's Flip Effect activates as Chain Link 1. The last action to fully resolve was Wisel's Summoning, so Bottomless can be activated as Chain Link 2.

It's not about priority, but the fact that Triggered effects will immediately take precendence on a chain over Set cards that can be activated.

Thanks.

1 more question:

Advanced Heraldry Art vs. Rivalry of Warlords:

Let's say a player activates Advanced Heraldry Art and the opponent chains Rivalry. The Heraldic player will most likely be able to Summon 2 Dragon or Beast-Type Heraldics, but if he/she doesn't have any Dragon or Beast Xyz Monster to Summon under Rivalry, what happens then? The 2 summoned Heraldics will remain on the field or the whole Spell "fizzles"?

If Rivalry is chained to Advanced Heraldry Art, and they targeted 2 Heraldic Beasts of the same Type but lack an Xyz of that Type, then those monsters will be Summoned successfully, but an Xyz Summon cannot be performed and that part will not resolve. If Rivalry is already face-up, then they cannot activate Advanced Heraldry Art at all.

If I target an Xyz monster with the effect of forbidden lance/felgrand, can it be ranked-up? What if I respond to a RUM with either of those effects?

It should be able to. Using Rank-Up Magic is not affecting the targeted monster. It is performing an Xyz Summon by using the monster as Material.

what would happen in the following scenerios, to the monster type of a monster?

it just seems really confusing and complicated, so i was wondering if i could get some clarification just in case i run into these infrequent situations.

SCENERIO ONE:

1. activate zombie world

2. activate dna surgery and declaring dragon

3. you summon dark magician

SCENERIO TWO

1. activate dna surgery and declaring dragon

2. activate zombie world

3. you summon dark magician

SCENERIO THREE

1. fusion summon superalloy beast raptinus

2. activate zombie world

3. normal summon skelesaurus

SCENERIO FOUR

1 fusion summon superalloy beast raptinus

2. normal summon skelesaurus

3. activate zombie world

SCENERIO FIVE

1. normal summon skelesaurus

2. activate zombie world

3 fusion summon superalloy beast raptinus

SCENERIO SIX

1. normal summon skelesaurus

2. fusion summon superalloy beast raptinus

3. activate zombie world

Scenario 1: Dark Magician is a Dragon-Type. DNA Surgery was the second Type-changing card activated and takes precedence.

Scenario 2: Dark Magician is a Zombie-Type, for the same reason as above, only the card order reversed.

Scenario 3: Skelesaurus should be a Dinosaur Type, as it gained an effect changing it to a Dinosaur-Type after Z-World was already applied. All other monsters are still treated as Zombies.

Scenario 4: Skelesaurus is considered a Zombie-Type. Activating a new Type-changing card will take precedence over Skelesaurus' effect making it a Dinosaur.

Scenario 5: Same as Scenario 3. Skelesaurus gained the Type-Change effect after Z-World had already changed its Type to Zombie (even though Skelesaurus was originally a Zombie).

Scenario 6: Same as Scenario 4. Zombie World was activated after Skelesaurus changed its Type, and takes precendence.

Off-topic: Thanks

On topic: Astral Force will use the monster's current Type. So if DNA Surgery is making all monsters Dragon-Type, you must be attempting to Summon a Dragon Xyz with the same Attribute, and 2 Ranks higher.

If DNA Surgery is chained to Astral Force, and declares a Type so that you have no legal choices to Xyz Summon, then Astral Force will fizzle.

Two questions on effect copying and leaving the field:

1. If Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste copies Stardust Dragon or Majestic Star Dragon, and tributes itself for the copied effect, I know that it won't resurrect at the End Phase in the case of copying Stardust Dragon, but will it still negate and destroy?

2. If Phantom of Chaos was used instead of Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste, is it still the same ruling as above?

Two questions on effect copying and leaving the field:

1. If Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste copies Stardust Dragon or Majestic Star Dragon, and tributes itself for the copied effect, I know that it won't resurrect at the End Phase in the case of copying Stardust Dragon, but will it still negate and destroy?

2. If Phantom of Chaos was used instead of Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste, is it still the same ruling as above?

1) Yes, of course. You successfully activated the effect to negate a card's activation. Those effects activate from the Field and still resolve. The reason they don't revive is because the revive effects activate separately from the effect to negate a card's activation, and Draco doesn't have the copied anymore in the Graveyard.

2) Yes. As explained above, a copied Stardust doesn't revive because Stardust's revival effect is a completely separate effect from the effect to Tribute itself.

Archived