Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ghostrick Dullahan is sent to the Graveyard, can I target another Ghostrick Dullahan in the Graveyard and return it to the Extra Deck?

Yes. Dullahan just says "another Ghostrick", as opposed to "except Ghostrick Dullahan". If there is a different copy of Dullahan in the Graveyard, it can be targeted for Dullahan's effect.

No, the monster was set, its card memory was reset. It's not.

Unless I'm misreading his post, you're wrong.

If you flip a monster that was SSd face-down, and it either stays that way or flips back face-up, it can still be nommed by C101 or exploded by Jowgen.

Unless I'm misreading his post, you're wrong.

If you flip a monster that was SSd face-down, and it either stays that way or flips back face-up, it can still be nommed by C101 or exploded by Jowgen.

If an Xyz monster is set due to the effect of Book of Moon, then flipped face-up by the effect of Photon Papilloperative, does that count as being flipped summoned? Nommable by 101/C101?

You said no to AIX. Who said that in this scenario it can be nommed by C101 and I added Jowgen who was a major factor in those rulings.

Even if the Xyz goes face-down, the gamestate remembers that it was Special Summoned, even post-Papi.

You said no to AIX. Who said that in this scenario it can be nommed by C101 and I added Jowgen who was a major factor in those rulings.

Even if the Xyz goes face-down, the gamestate remembers that it was Special Summoned, even post-Papi.

Is it because of materials, or because it's an extra deck monster or some other weird sheet?

Is it because of materials, or because it's an extra deck monster or some other weird sheet?

No, it's because monsters don't forget how they were summoned unless they were removed from the field.

Just like those new Ghostrick thing's that SS in face down Defense. They're still Special Summoned monsters.

I'm assuming the exception to this are Flip Summons?

Flip Summon is it's own category and can be done with both a Special Summoned and Normal Summoned monster. Flip Summoning it does not make it forget how it was originally summoned.

Basically, Flip Summoning isn't tied to a type of summon.

Excavate is to reveal cards from the Deck. The cards revealed are still considered to be in the Deck at this time until sent elsewhere by the effect.

The distinction, I imagine, is that "reveal" and "excavate" are not always the same thing, so if an effect says "reveal" it's not considered excavating.

1) Can you really activate Vylon Prism's effect and equip it to the same Synchro monster it was used as material for?

2) Red Eyes Zombie Dragon summons monsters during the Damage Step so they cannot be Bottomless'd, right?

3) If a card is chained and destroys one of the targets for Kuraz's effect, will the player still draw a card for that target?

(I guess: "Are cards sent to the Graveyard when their effect resolves or when the chain resolves" is the same question.)

1) Can you really activate Vylon Prism's effect and equip it to the same Synchro monster it was used as material for?

2) Red Eyes Zombie Dragon summons monsters during the Damage Step so they cannot be Bottomless'd, right?

3) If a card is chained and destroys one of the targets for Kuraz's effect, will the player still draw a card for that target?

(I guess: "Are cards sent to the Graveyard when their effect resolves or when the chain resolves" is the same question.)

1. Indeed you can. While it is an optional effect, it also starts with "If", meaning it doesn't miss timing and will activate the next time a player could have priority, which is after the entire Synchro Summon process is conducted.

2. Correct. Bottomless can't be activated during the Damage Step.

3. No, Kuraz needs to destroy the card for the controller to draw a card.

Also, your questions are not the same. While it is usually true when all the cards are sent to the graveyard when the chain resolves, destroyed cards are removed from the board immediately.

However, if a player uses Kuraz targeting two cards and the player activates one of them - MST - targeting the other, then MST will first destroy its target and Kuraz will destroy MST, since it is face-up on the field until it is destroyed by Kuraz.

Archived