[Finished]CC Monthly Series [June 2016] | Currently judging

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting this out of the way early so I have fewer distractions in the near future.

ig-comd.png

[spoiler Card Text]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. While this card is in your hand: You can target 3 "Igknight" cards you control; destroy them, and if you do, Special Summon this card. Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects.

• Target up to 2 other "Igknight" monsters you control, then declare a Level from 3 to 8; those targets become that Level until the end of this turn.
  • Target 1 other "Igknight" monster you control; return that target to the hand, and if you do, banish 1 card your opponent controls.

[spoiler Design Notes]Well, there are very few recent archetypes that can reasonably benefit off what the Deck would consider to be a Main Deck boss monster. Most of them would store their bosses in the Extra Deck.

Oh, hey, Igknights.

So, after a little experience running Igknights and their sweet new toy Igknights Unite, I'd might as well create a new target for that card. Being able to shortcut your way to putting out Champion and Lancer thanks to Unite is pretty sweet, and those two can already qualify as the Deck's "bosses", so to speak. Commander is designed to stand tall over his subordinates, being LV9 with 3000/3000 stats which make him pretty fearsome. The "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set" clause is to make him sort-of resemble a Nomi without actually being one, such that he can still be pulled out with Unite but if he ends up in your hand you need to jump the Lancer/Champion loop to field him.

Commander comes with two effects. First one lets you adjust the levels of Igknights you have, because sometimes you end up with a drastic Level scatter that makes it difficult to pull of Xyz plays. This Level-adjusting ability, with access to 7 and 8, also opens up a fair bit of fluidity and grants access to Xyz options the Deck previously lacked.

The other ability is fairly standard of the Igknight bosses, but banishes instead of tucks in exchange for being able to hit nearly anything. There are a few situations where banish is a little less efficient than tuck (looking at you Kozmos), but this effect should be fairly useful all-around.

One question about the deadline posted.

You said cards RELEASED before June 17th, but does this means cards we know exist before July 7th (I.E. Graydle Slime Jr.) or cards that are physically released before then? Because the former makes more sense than the latter.

An entry, coming right up.

[spoiler=BURN BABY BURN]eHRL8XY.jpg

If you Pendulum Summon using this card, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards affecting the Pendulum Summoned monsters in response. If a monster you control is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can destroy this card; Return that card to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Joan the Wad" once per turn.

If your opponent Special Summons a monster by sending cards in their possession to the Graveyard, you can shuffle any number of those cards into the Deck, instead. If this face-up card is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or card effect): Until their next End Phase, your opponent cannot activate the effects of their Special Summoned monsters.

One question about the deadline posted.

You said cards RELEASED before June 17th, but does this means cards we know exist before July 7th (I.E. Graydle Slime Jr.) or cards that are physically released before then? Because the former makes more sense than the latter.

It's the former; meaning whatever cards we have information on from YGOrganization, Maxut or other sources before the contest ends will be considered for grading here. They don't have to be physically out at this time.

(I'll need to reword that to avoid further confusion)

[spoiler=Entry]

Cyber Angel - Ardha

LIGHT / 12*

Fairy / Ritual / Effect

ATK / 4000 DEF / 2000

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Machine Angel Ritual". If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can target 2 cards on the field and/or in either player's Graveyard; your opponent chooses 1 of those cards to return to the top of its owner's Deck, then return the other to the bottom of its owner's Deck. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 Ritual Spell Card or 1 Ritual Monster in your Graveyard into the Deck, then activate 1 of these effects, depending on the card that was shuffled;

*Ritual Spell Card: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

*Ritual Monster: Destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls.

EDIT: Made some changes to the first effect.

Might as well give Rock Stun something. Please have mercy on my soul.

[spoiler=Boh'm the Relentless]

e3FbEIA.png?1

You can discard Rock-Type monster(s) whose total Levels equal 8 or more, then Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase: You can change this card to Defense Position, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; negate that target's effects until the end of the turn, and if you do, it cannot be used to pay a cost for a card or effect, be Tributed, or used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summon until the end of the turn. When this card is destroyed (by battle or by an opponent's card effect): You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard.

Much like the idea of Merlin, this is supposed to be a boss-esque monster that tutors into other bosses for the Noble Knights archetype (Merlin tutored into Main Deck, this tutors into Extra Deck). If this gets rejected, then I'll go back to the drawing board. 

[spoiler=Submission]

eLJN4vO.png

You may only use each effect of "Ignoble Knight of Fallen Laundsallyn" once per turn:
  • During your Main Phase, while all monsters you control are "Noble Knight" monsters (Min. 1): You can Tribute 1 "Noble Knight" monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" Xyz or Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck (If it is a Synchro Monster, this Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summoning. If it is an Xyz Monster, this Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summoning).
  • During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card and 2 other "Noble Knight" and/or "Noble Arms" cards from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "Ignoble Knight of Fallen Laundsallyn".

[spoiler=Thoughts]The idea is to improve the remainder of the engine's consistency, by enabling immediate Xyz or Synchro plays w/o having to use the Medraut/Borz combo multiple times over. It also increases the speed and number of plays capable for the deck, while giving more synergy with Merlin's Speed 2 Xyz effect. It's a decent card in the early game by using the Ignoble Synchro, but it's more tutored for mid-late game, where you have more "Noble Arms" equips available to use w/ the Xyz Monsters. The Tribute effect is a OPT Speed 1 effect, because the Xyz and Synchro monsters miss timing. There's a chance I'll change the cost on the 2nd eff to use only 2 cards total, but that's up in the air atm. Hopefully this fufills enough of a role to classify it as another boss monster for the Archetype. The image also ties w/ my head cannon lore of the Noble Knights Archetype.

Edit 06/10/16: Made some corrections for the OCG, and tweaked the mechanics of his 1st effect to better represent Black Laundsallyn, the card that this card is based off of. 

Eh, whatever.

PSYCHE.

I'm actually proud of this one. Please read the written effect only.

[spoiler=Entry'']

phS5X9L.jpeg

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Tracer, the Repeater" once per turn this way. During either player's turn: You can target 1 monster on the field; once during this turn, if it would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed. If this card attacks an opponent's monster, but the opponent's monster was not destroyed by the battle: You can have this card make a second attack on the same monster in a row, and if you do, any damage inflicted to your opponent in that battle is doubled, but both cards use only their original ATK and DEF during damage calculation. You can only use each effect of "Tracer, the Repeater" once per turn.

I don't know why I keep on joining these competitions.

The Arch Monarch

LIGHT Lv. 10

0 / 4000

Warrior / Effect

Can not be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 Tribute Summoned monsters, and cannot be Summoned by any other way. When you Tribute Summon a monster, this card gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase. If this card attacks, you can change it to defense position. If this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon the monsters Tributed for this card's Summon, but they cannot attack. You can only activate each effect of "Ficent" once per turn.

Ok, lets see how good or bad this does. Because Black is a judge, I'm very reluctant to posting any of my thoughts on the card. Maybe since they won't be read until after judging is done, I'll post them at that time.

[spoiler=Submission]

bVPdSr1.jpg

Moth Queen

EARTH

Level 8

Insect/Effect

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 Level 4 or lower Insect-type monster you control equipped with an Equip Card. When this card is Summoned: Add 1 Level 3 or lower Insect-type monster from your Graveyard to your hand. You can Normal Summon Insect-type monsters for 1 less tribute. If this card battles, negate the effects of your opponent's battling monster, also your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. You can only control 1 "Moth Queen".

ATK/2800  DEF/3000

[spoiler=Entry]A4dm2di.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing monster(s) from your Graveyard, including at least 1 "Destiny HERO" monster, whose total Levels equal 8 or more. While you control no other monsters, monsters in your opponent's possession whose ATK is less than or equal to this card's original ATK cannot activate their effects. If you control no monsters: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Destiny HERO" monster from your hand or Deck, except "Destiny HERO - Void Master", ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only use this effect of "Destiny HERO - Void Master" once per Duel.

Archived