Paper Mario: Color Splash

Astro Dude

Well the only gripe I have with this game is not using all the colors of the rainbow as maguffins. But I do like the fact each Koopaling is in charge of one. Still, Why is Indigo never incorporated in anything. Granted there was Super Mario RPG 7 Stars but still. Still, I can't wait to try it, but I will have to get a game pad screen protector.

Personally, i still have hope for this game. So far, the only bad paper mario game has been sticker star. I believe that it is because they tried making paper mario on a hand held device. Hand helds dont have as much power to compute and not enough storage space for a complex game like a good paper mario. Because now we're back on a consle, i think that this game could be something good.

I think the main issue is that Nintendo thinks they don't need two different Mario RPG series between Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario. Which I want to argue against, but I kinda can't. It makes sense why they'd want to diversify their line-up.

I do think it's a shame though; Paper Mario TTYD is my favorite video game of all time and I really enjoyed Super Paper Mario too (still need to play the first one).

For what it is, Color Splash seems fine. Sticker Star swayed between alright and meh, but I wouldn't call it a bad game.

I thought Sticker Star was funking fun, so I'm gonna be getting this one sometime down the line as well. I didn't bother to watch any of the E3 footage since I usually don't do that in general, but from what I've heard, it's improved some things since Sticker Star.

People had been hating on it since it was revealed at E3, and to be fair, I have to agree. The franchise has been going downhill since Sticker Star.

One game does not a trend make. It can be cause for alarm, but not enough to totally write off Color Splash.

Anyway, my understanding of the issue with Sticker Star is that you can skip every battle outside of the ones that are forced and lose NOTHING for doing so. When the battle system is more or less option that is a fundamental failing in the game design. You also have silly rules like "nothing from outside the main Mario games" which is dumb as hell, but isn't going to break anything. End of the day, so long as the humor is good (the dialog is always a highlight of the Paper Mario games) and the gameplay is fun, it should be fine. Though I do get why people that miss the RPG games are disappointed.

I've played Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Super Paper Mario, and I look forward to this game. As for how people say that this game will suck: Some poeple thought that about Super Paper Mario. But now look at it. Maybe it's in comparison to Sticker Star (still need to play this one) or maybe they realized that it's not bad; just different. I don't know for certain.

Not gonna lie, I also thought Super Paper Mario wasn't going to be that great with the change in battle system, but the game defied my expectation.

Though, I'm still a bit iffy on the Koopalings being used as bosses for some unknown reason.

I remember seeing a bit of it in a store (along with Super Princess Peach), and didn't think much about it, but got it few years later, and had fun playing it. Even if the location of the fourth heart bored me (the one with the flower).

Why just the Koopalings?

The previous games had varying bosses.

I remember seeing a bit of it in a store (along with Super Princess Peach), and didn't think much about it, but got it few years later, and had fun playing it. Even if the location of the fourth heart bored me (the one with the flower).

The flower one was Chapter 5.

Why just the Koopalings?

The previous games had varying bosses.

Ikr, and they were more interesting too.

I honestly think this is going to be what makes or breaks the game, having the Paper Mario charm. If it does that and doesn't totally screw up the game play it should be a fun game.

If anything, what we were shown so far at least guarantees that it's going to be better than Sticker Star.

Ikr, and they were more interesting too.

The Thousand-Year Door had a dragon, a mech, a fighter (or at least related to them), and a "monster" just to name a few.

Super Paper Mario had a fighter, a robotic dragon, a shapeshifting girl, and a geek just to name a few.

What defining/different traits do the Koopalings have?

The Thousand-Year Door had a dragon, a mech, a fighter (or at least related to them), and a "monster" just to name a few.

Super Paper Mario had a fighter, a robotic dragon, a shapeshifting girl, and a geek just to name a few.

What defining/different traits do the Koopalings have?

Apart from having bad haircuts, I can't think of any tbph.

Apart from having bad haircuts, I can't think of any tbph.

Such a shame.

I'm gonna be honest, this game might not be awful, but the original game was a freaking masterpiece and TTYD was supposedly even better (I still need to play it), so it's understandable that some people feel disappointed. 

The Thousand-Year Door was amazing. The story starts off a little simple, but it gradually grows. Each location and character is interesting to say the least (except maybe Chapter 5, but that's just me).

TTYD and Super Paper Mario had amazing worldbuilding and story design, but TTYD is basically a much more refined and faster-paced version of the 64's gameplay.  Thus, TTYD is pretty much the best Paper Mario game in the series.

Archived