Gilasaurus

Gilasaurus-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When you do: Your opponent can target 1 monster in their Graveyard; your opponent Special Summons that target to their side of the field.

So this is kinda silly, but it's something I recently faced and thought was neat.  Basically: run this in Darklords.  Why?  Because:

1. It gives you a Tribute for Lucifer
  2. It gives your opponent an effect monster, meaning Lucifer can bring out more Darklords when summoned.
  3. Xyz into Tarantula, nuke their board, and you've basically negated Gilasaur's downside whilst abusing it to maximize Lucifer.

Plus this thing is easily searched by Fossil Dig.  Sure it probably opens up some cloggy hands but from what I've seen this thing basically guarantees OTK if your opponent has an effect monster in the grave.

wouldn't kozmo just outright murder you if you gave them anything off of this? many decks also put a lot of good monsters in their grave by turn one/two. blue eyes would get back their maidens/white spirits/ect monarchs would get back their edeas, ect.

it's an interesting monster, but past the first turn, you're essentially killing yourself if you can't kill your opponent that turn.

the only use i've ever seen this for is ss 3, and then tribute to summon obelisk

I remember those days.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I dunno, it sounds interesting. You'd probably be limited in your usage of it, because Burning Abyss would just bring back their Dante or w/e, Monarchs could drop Ehther, and Kozmo would just tag out or bring out Dark Destroyer (ugh). Skill is required.

Draw 2+ of these and something that needs to be tribute summoned

Your opponent goes first

SS the first one, chain Maxx C

Profit

In all seriousness, it's probably not worth it. This card can be really useful in Dino decks, as they already have their Fossil Dig and benefit from having Dinosaur-type fodder. Shame they aren't relevant any more.

Speaking of Maxx C, is it treated as you or your opponent performing the Special Summon? Unsure about the errata on the card.

Your opponent goes first

Profit

In all seriousness, it's probably not worth it. This card can be really useful in Dino decks, as they already have their Fossil Dig and benefit from having Dinosaur-type fodder. Shame they aren't relevant any more.

Speaking of Maxx C, is it treated as you or your opponent performing the Special Summon? Unsure about the errata on the card.

nice four card -1 combo there

Your opponent goes first

Profit

I think even if you are giving them the choice of using it or not, and what to revive if they do, it is still your effect that is doing the Summon. 

Not 100% sure on it but that's how I think it would go. I know Kaijus and Ojama Trio don't give you a Maxx C draw, but those also don't give your opponent a say on it, but still....

On another note, here's another reason to think twice about this combo: After seeing it once, one has to remember the revival is optional. If they know what you are up to, they just won't revive anything. Besides, this gives them too much freedom, it isn't even Level-capped, and even if it became standard procedure in the deck somehow, it'd be the only deck running it, furthering how easy it'd be to read the play.

You were better off disrupting the revival. From the way it is written, that target can be disrupted.

Actually, if we had gotten PSCT back in the day, I'd probably tried using Gilasaurus in Gravekeeper's because the target is not an option that way.... unless that's an ilegal move.

Genuine question

Why use this when dynatherium exists in the same niche but gives you better results against decks with 4s? For Darklords.

Better, you say? But Black, it lets them revive 4s!

Which you then steal. And R4 with.

Archived