Shadowverse

23 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite class?

I see problems with Aegis personally. A 10/10 that can't be dealt with on T9 seems unhealthy for the game. If the only way to really get rid of it is through Bane, then Swordcraft will start to see major play with Banes, which will push the Aggro meta even further.

Yaaaaayyy. -.-

Also, this is just me personally, but I LOVE Eidolon's flavor text, even if it's just used in meme Decks or whatever. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh its bad, Sword and Forest kills you long before this will, Blood probably will too, Runecraft auto wins with D-Shift, Dragon will just switch to Storm builds if they aren't already due to  Nephthys. I'm just upset that such a thing even exists in the first place, like D-Shift except its worse.

Mine or just in general?

What really needs to happen with the game is change everyone's Health to 25. It would make Aggro Decks just a little bit less prevalent, while still not completely killing them. You can do 20 damage by T5, it's completely possible. But with 25 Health, you can have answers and draw into them by T5 and still be able to make at least a decent stand. If we want to talk from a "health" regarding the game's balance, then kill off D-Shift, because it's boring just sitting while your opponent plays Solitaire, neuter Levi, neuter Goblin Mage (RoachTK now doesn't run any Cost 1s, apart from Fairy Circle. I've been seeing this in Unranked constantly and still get wiped, which hasn't solved the problem of RoachTK being the #1 Deck), neuter Daria (she shouldn't be able to replenish your hand AND spellboost everything. A suggested fix I would say is you draw however many you Banished and Spellboost them 5 times), fix ramping so that you can only get the effect of increasing your play point orbs once per turn, and give both players 3 evolve points, as opposed to first player only getting 2 and second getting 3. With the way the game's pacing is going right now, if you're not running an Aggro Deck and you're going first, chances are you will lose that match.

But with that being said, Aggro Decks in general just need to get hammered. I'm tired of seeing Aggro being the only relevant way to win a match, by just puking your hand on the board and going for face. That limits P2P interaction pretty harshly. There have been times where I've said "God, this game needs 25 Health characters just so I can make it to T5 most days". 

They should also fix the mulligan mechanic so that I don't redraw the same 2 cards I put back. Out of 39 possible cards in the Deck and you have to give me the exact same two back? That's complete horse sheet.

A fair card game shouldn't have unhealthy mechanics like completely negating any sort of form of interaction, aside from a few special cases that not everyone is going to run. But now they have to because the card is just that good. And "that card" being Aegis.

I get CyGames want to slow the game down, but if they want to slow the game down, they need to look at the real culprits: the low Health pool of all the characters. But then again, this is all just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. They also need to take a look at unhealthy cards, like D-Shift that just plain isn't good mechanic-wise or from a player's perspective, Forest and their Goblin Mage that's still too powerful, and just other fundamentally flawed designs from a balance standpoint.

Aegis felt like their attempt to have control Haven branch out Seraph, and give them a separate wincon that doesn't require intense deck dedication.

I'm on the camp that it's too slow to be busted. Definitely gonna be good, but won't be ridiculous in practice. Even non-aggro decks should be able to win before this kills you imo.

I'm glad that Dirt Rune gets things that reduce its evo point dependence. Deck runs through them like diesel. This easily replaces Remi/Rami.

Real talk, though. Dunno about completely replace, but Dirt is disgustingly slow, relying on evolves to maintain tempo and board control, meaning it chews through evolves like a madman. Having a non-evolve card that can help it maintain early control without such a massive cost of an evolve really helps. Plus, it has full evolve stats, meaning if you DO use it, it will demolish anything on turn 4/5. A total of 9 damage for a sigil and an evolve is hard to stop.

I see some people saying that the sigil costs too much, since dirt needs them desperately, but dirt isn't as sigil starved as they might think. Depending on the match, it could be shockingly easy to have 2 sigils out by turn four, let alone five. It can spare it for a powerful dirt drop whose effect can hit face, even!

There's a reason why dirt going first has a winrate of about 30%. I'd love to see some more earlier tempo/control cards for dirt, to make it less evolve reliant.

Your typical Dirt Rune would spend its first few turns playing down sigils to fend off the aggressive plays anyway. Even if you're forced into T2 Dwarf Alchemist it still gives you a very cheap sigil for the next turn.

T2 dwarf is actually a preferred play; a lot of the time, it's better to have a sigil in hand than on the field, and a turn two 2/2 is ALWAYS a good curve. But otherwise, Scrap Iron Smelter, Teachings of Creation, Red-Hot, Price of Magic, Dwarf, Crafty Warlock... your options for early sigils are certainly not limited. A decent Dirt will normally have at least 2 available by turn 4.

• 4 weeks later...

So i just recently got into this. I thought runecraft was gonna be cool but when I found out that spellboost was the big thing and earth rite was kinda a lesser thing, I got sad. Any tips for a newbie who's already used all their take 2 tickets and free pack tickets?

So i just recently got into this. I thought runecraft was gonna be cool but when I found out that spellboost was the big thing and earth rite was kinda a lesser thing, I got sad. Any tips for a newbie who's already used all their take 2 tickets and free pack tickets?

Go to solo play and beat everyone once on Elite and Elite2 difficulty to get 200g for each. Thats 2800g right there.

You can also go on Shadowverse Reddit and go to the Private Match Megathread. You get 100g for each different opponent you fight up to 20 times whether you win or lose.

reroll if you're unsatisfied with what you have :>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived