Moderation/Rule/Site Concerns and Suggestions

Blake

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it possible to increase the dimensions of the thumbnails 

For both the status bar and the posts

Probably can be done, but would need to ask evilfusion/Night/Flame Dragon if they have access to doing so, if it's not another "YCMaker-only thing". Not too certain on what parts of the ACP evil and the other Super Mods can access that rest of us don't have access to (other than themes, cardmaker and so forth).

I've said most of what I needed to. But 7 is in dangerous territory to a perma ban and mod queue range. What if Enguin already had 5 wp? Would his accidental perma be ok too?

This is not an isolated incident with the mod in question. I don't think there's a single mod who HASN'T warned me. One even perma-banned me, why do you think only one bothers me? Systemic Rot is a bigger problem than a one time deal.

In keeping to black's request, can we discuss this in the PM 

If you've warranted so many mods warning you to the point that you can't think of a single mod who hasn't tried to rein in your behavior, maybe there's a lesson to be learned from that.

I'm proud of you for admitting that.

I'm disappointing in you for not stepping down.

Winter you've been asked repeatedly, in this topic, to stop purposely agitating people just to cause problems. Because in currently on my way to class, I can't punish you. But when I'm able, you'll be removed from this topic.

Shrugs, he threw the rocks first, will you remove roxas too?

Or can you explain the point of quoting a post directed towards black, in a defunct conversation to get a quick shot in at me. Maybe there's some mod level 3D Chess on Roxas's part I am missing here. But I suspect it's just another case of him sinking down to my, not worthy of modship, levels of maturity 

This thread does include the rules, so I might as well throw in a shameless plug for how I feel about those: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/358413-suggested-rule-revisions

With that out of the way, the purposes of this thread:

1. In this thread, you can feel free to state your concerns with the team as a whole. Tell us what you would like to see change with the team, how to improve, and so forth. Feedback is essential to growth, after all.

2. Of course, this also extends to single Moderators. Think I'm doing a poor job? Tell me how. Think Nai is doing better than the rest of us? Tell them how.

You guys should probably remove at least that second point, then. I don't agree with Winter's argumentation that Roxas is doing a poor job, but license was given to make such points in the OP. The conflation of criticizing moderation with purposefully agitating people to cause problems is a cause for concern.

This thread does include the rules, so I might as well throw in a shameless plug for how I feel about those: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/358413-suggested-rule-revisions

You guys should probably remove at least that second point, then. I don't agree with Winter's argumentation that Roxas is doing a poor job, but license was given to make such points in the OP. The conflation of criticizing moderation with purposefully agitating people to cause problems is a cause for concern.

I don't think it's terribly difficult to distinguish point #2 from Winter's behavior. It's not the content, it's the characterization. This has always been the issue.

I'm willing to hear criticisms of my role as a moderator, and I do believe that other people have raised legitimate concerns. The best I can do for them, at least within this thread, is to simply listen to them rather than say they're wrong. The second point isn't necessarily the problem, as others have followed it properly, but Winter has abused the opportunity it offers.

I don't think that point needs to be taken out. There's a difference between criticism of mods and Winter's... Aggressiveness at times.

He's also raised some fair points, even if his presentation is poor. I might be a little biased, since I typed out a fairly long post about moderation that I felt was more than civil, but ignoring the moderation discussion when there actually is stuff to discuss there rubs me the wrong way.

I'm disappointing in you for not stepping down.

Shrugs, he threw the rocks first, will you remove roxas too?

Or can you explain the point of quoting a post directed towards black, in a defunct conversation to get a quick shot in at me. Maybe there's some mod level 3D Chess on Roxas's part I am missing here. But I suspect it's just another case of him sinking down to my, not worthy of modship, levels of maturity 

Roxas isn't the one causing problems within this thread.  But you are.

Fair.  Pointing out Roxas' mistakes is one thing.  Turning it into a revenge post is another.

Sit down, dude.

No more posts like this please.  

I'm willing to hear criticisms of my role as a moderator, and I do believe that other people have raised legitimate concerns. The best I can do for them, at least within this thread, is to simply listen to them rather than say they're wrong. The second point isn't necessarily the problem, as others have followed it properly, but Winter has abused the opportunity it offers.

You were nitpicky with Winter too.  Anytime you're in the same thread together, you headbutt each other like bulls.  Every other post is one of you griping over the other.  Could ya'll just chill?  I'm tryna be nice.  I really am.  So, please?

I was going to read through everything but then 3 pages in I realized the thread had reached page 10 and fuuuuuuuuuck that.

Perhaps OP can contain a sort of table of contents, with links to responses/discussion for whatever things may be brought up. Since it would be moderators primarily responding here, they would each have the power to edit the OP accordingly. Just a nitpick, really.

I was going to read through everything but then 3 pages in I realized the thread had reached page 10 and fuuuuuuuuuck that.

Perhaps OP can contain a sort of table of contents, with links to responses/discussion for whatever things may be brought up. Since it would be moderators primarily responding here, they would each have the power to edit the OP accordingly. Just a nitpick, really.

I'll try to get with Black and organize the OP to include links to certain sections of this topic per subject and their responses.  I can't do it tonight, but I'll get to it possibly tomorrow.

Scratch that, the table of contents was nothing but a small time investment.

We've not really had much discussion for 10 pages, aside from the two listed in the OP, technical issues, and the ones that totally derailed.

So, let's try this:

Table of Contents

Permaban Discussion: Wahrheit, Rinne, Evilfusion, Slinky
Moderator/Moderation Critique: Rinne, Birdie, CowCow, Rinne 2, Sombra 2

Comment on one of these, for the time being, and let's see if we can get to work on them.

I also offered an interim solution to the color change item issue, but it was never touched on.

Wahr Clause for debates: You must link sources when making claims such as "50% of America is opposed to Abortion" or "Palestine putting out death to Jews in state media"

Jesse did this a ton in the election thread, and it made her arguments much harder to refute. I think it would improve the quality of debates and creates more objectivity and merit in discussing certain high octane topics

Wahr Clause for debates: You must link sources when making claims such as "50% of America is opposed to Abortion" or "Palestine putting out death to Jews in state media"

Jesse did this a ton in the election thread, and it made her arguments much harder to refute. I think it would improve the quality of debates and creates more objectivity and merit in discussing certain high octane topics

For one, there was a sources rule that was heavily argued down by the majority of debates.  If this is a legitimate concern, make a point for it here.  A lot of you didn't like it, now here it is again.  But for the sake of you trolling this particular thread, leave it in the debates thread I just linked.

For one, there was a sources rule that was heavily argued down by the majority of debates.  If this is a legitimate concern, make a point for it here.  A lot of you didn't like it, now here it is again.  But for the sake of you trolling this particular thread, leave it in the debates thread I just linked.

Ideally we can make it a reportable offense. Should help thin out the shitposts in Debates. I'm not interested in trolling this thread. I've made that clear a fair number of times, and Black has talked to me about what is rubbin y'all the wrong way, so not gonna repeat. No doubt asking for penalties for not following this will create some debate which we can have here. 

• photo-thumb-810473.jpg?_r=1478872105
    Halubaris MaphotikaThese people think they can just report those they disagree with. It's annoying. There should be punishments for those who mass report for frivolous reasons. 
    Today, 01:12 PM
  • photo-thumb-170146.png?_r=1485146071
    Blacki mean it's both sides, arguably leaning to the side you wouldn't expect 
    Today, 01:13 PM
  • photo-thumb-170146.png?_r=1485146071
    Blackatm, used to lean the other way 
    Today, 01:13 PM
  • photo-thumb-810473.jpg?_r=1478872105
    Halubaris MaphotikaI honestly don't care whose side it's on. Anybody who does that should be punished. It damages the integrity of the system. 
    Today, 02:04 PM

This.

I suggest a rule that henceforth anyone who reports more than once in a day or thrice in a week be hit for feature abuse. The initial penalty would be 0WP (a verbal warning), increasing by 2 for each subsequent offence with a cap of 6. 

Disabling the feature for those abusing it would also be nice. (As would utterly annihilating the feature, tbh imo.) 

Archived