Transgender

epicmemesbro

I did say I disagreed. I think gender is a stupid concept. Ideally I would prefer we live in a society were we don't have organic bodies and can create offspring to our tastes and desires, but we're not there yet

Contribute to AI development; that facilitates our shared goal.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controversial Opinion:

Transgender is a mental disease and I really don't think getting hormones and going along with a delusion is the best cure.

If some crazy person think he's Batman, we don't hand him a cape and say "There's the Joker! Have at him!"

Yet if a boy thinks he's a girl or a girl thinks she's a boy, we should all just go along with it? Support 'em and say they're stunning and brave? Sounds ridiculous to me.

But I mean... this is America and you're free to be a weirdo crazy person. I remember when I was a little girl watching Ripley's Believe it Or Not and seeing that Tiger Man or whatever his name was. He tattooed his face up and down like a tiger, got a cleft upper lip, got whiskers, claws, got pointed ears but hey, if you wanna be a funking crazy person and can find someone to do the surgery, by all means go ahead.

But I don't believe my tax payer money should go to have Tiger Man live out his crazy delusions of surgically turning himself into a tiger. Similarly, I don't think tax payer money should go to support transgender people's delusions of being in the wrong gender.

I'm not Mike Pence. I don't think you should be shocked and electrocuted, and I don't wanna pray the gay away or anything funking ridiculous like that. If you really well and truly believe that taking hormones for the rest of your life will make you happy, go ahead. I won't indulge in their fantasy though.

Controversial Opinion:

Transgender is a mental disease and I really don't think getting hormones and going along with a delusion is the best cure.

If some crazy person think he's Batman, we don't hand him a cape and say "There's the Joker! Have at him!"

Yet if a boy thinks he's a girl or a girl thinks she's a boy, we should all just go along with it? Support 'em and say they're stunning and brave? Sounds ridiculous to me.

But I mean... this is America and you're free to be a weirdo crazy person. I remember when I was a little girl watching Ripley's Believe it Or Not and seeing that Tiger Man or whatever his name was. He tattooed his face up and down like a tiger, got a cleft upper lip, got whiskers, claws, got pointed ears but hey, if you wanna be a funking crazy person and can find someone to do the surgery, by all means go ahead.

But I don't believe my tax payer money should go to have Tiger Man live out his crazy delusions of surgically turning himself into a tiger. Similarly, I don't think tax payer money should go to support transgender people's delusions of being in the wrong gender.

I'm not Mike Pence. I don't think you should be shocked and electrocuted, and I don't wanna pray the gay away or anything funking ridiculous like that. If you really well and truly believe that taking hormones for the rest of your life will make you happy, go ahead. I won't indulge in their fantasy though.

Have you ever met a transgender person?

Have you ever met a transgender person?

she's (assuming she atm) not saying they're horrible people, or anything like that, she's saying they're suffering a mental condition. if you met an autistic person, and they were cool people, aside from their mental disability, (many of whom are really chill), would you refuse to acknowledge they are suffering a mental condition? she's arguing the same thing. they might be cool people, but thinking they're trans, in her opinion, still remains a mental disorder.

she's (assuming she atm) not saying they're horrible people, or anything like that, she's saying they're suffering a mental condition. if you met an autistic person, and they were cool people, aside from their mental disability, (many of whom are really chill), would you refuse to acknowledge they are suffering a mental condition? she's arguing the same thing. they might be cool people, but thinking they're trans, in her opinion, still remains a mental disorder.

The language used makes it sound as if these people are borderline insane, like as if they should be in a home. Like, if we want to use "metal condition" language fine, but the way it's constantly framed makes it seem as if the people using that argument think that these people should be in a home or something or that they're an active danger to society.

The language used makes it sound as if these people are borderline insane, like as if they should be in a home. Like, if we want to use "metal condition" language fine, but the way it's constantly framed makes it seem as if the people using that argument think that these people should be in a home or something or that they're an active danger to society.

it remains a disorder no matter how softly it's worded though. not all disorders are severe, or prevent you from living a generally normal life. people wth disorders can get can along fine within society in many cases. same applies here. 

it remains a disorder no matter how softly it's worded though. not all disorders are severe, or prevent you from living a generally normal life. people wth disorders can get can along fine within society in many cases. same applies here. 

Apparently not, given people refuse to respect them.

JqiJgvn.png

6hQAlP4.png

For the record, Mack Beggs is ftm. He competed in girls' because his birth certificate says he is female, and that is how the rules work.

Did the testosterone give him an advantage over the girls? Well, yeah, obviously.

Is this a problem with transgender rights? No, it is the result of lack of acceptance causing the rules to have fucky situations like this.

For the record, Mack Beggs is ftm. He competed in girls' because his birth certificate says he is female, and that is how the rules work.

Did the testosterone give him an advantage over the girls? Well, yeah, obviously.

Is this a problem with transgender rights? No, it is the result of lack of acceptance causing the rules to have f***y situations like this.

This is a great argument in favor of transgender rights and acceptance.

Indeed, and absolutely. Perhaps, if you were to have read the article rather than only share the headline, Mr. Hyde, you'd have seen that this is a problem with your side of the fence, not theirs/ours.

Archived